PDA

View Full Version : ups Ground

Kusuriuri
07-29-2012, 04:11 AM
I want to buy an item in the us, its actually expensive and it will be shipped to a friend in california, i would like to know..how reliable is the ups ground service.

Utleast here, since its a small country 99% of all mail its by ground and i never had a problem so, i would like to know some information.

Xmo
07-29-2012, 04:35 AM
USPS Ground or UPS Ground?
All I know USPS have are Parcel, First Class, Priority and Express

Kusuriuri
07-29-2012, 04:38 AM
ups Ground...sorry

Xmo
07-29-2012, 08:38 AM
I have no problems with UPS, and I am in California. But my experience is invalid since shipments are within the country. Although they seem to really handle your package delicately because the corners of the boxes I receive from them are as sharp as a pyramid.

Lizard Slayer
08-05-2012, 01:57 PM
It's just like any other carrier, sometimes it arrives safely, sometimes not. I would worry more about the way it's packaged than the way it ships.

gurpswoo1
08-15-2012, 12:16 PM
I have had a few things shipped via ground before from the USA, they send it via the parcel networks of nearly every country between you and the USA. it is handles by so many different companies and people and take upto 60 days depending on your location. Although 30-40 days seems to be average.

It all depends on how well it is packed ,if packed well then you should have little reason for the item inside to arrive damaged. However the biggest concern will be the item going missing, the chance are higher and with no tracking there is also less if any insurance available.

If ordering from a store I wouldn't bother unless you know they will pack well.

Cathedrals
08-20-2012, 09:14 PM
UPS Ground should be okay. The only countries I've had trouble shipping items to (i.e. the items somehow disappearing on more than one occasion) were Germany and Italy. Italy's postal service is the bermuda triangle of mailing things.