PDA

View Full Version : How to store Collectors Edition/Press Kit

smitty2011
08-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Howdy All,

Just wondering what the best approach is to store CE and press kits, due to the coldness of my house currently I am concerned that moisture will start to destory my collection. Any tips? Much appreciated:shrug:

smitty2011
08-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Sorry that's store..doh

gurpswoo1
08-14-2012, 05:09 PM
The only thing that will stop the build up of condensation is airflow. You will want to prevent the trapping of air around the items you want to protect.

If you live in a high humidity area then I would keep them in the open and not in boxes especially in shaded areas. I good test is you get a gel moisture pack and test to see if how long it last in a given area or packed state.

For example place one in a sealed box in a cupboard, check it out after a few days.

The best place will be an area that doesn't suffer from drastic changes in temperature.

Tauran
08-15-2012, 01:36 AM
I still have all the boxes from my standard and big box games i keep them in plastic bags at negative pressure (or close enough) inside a large plastic storage container with moisture absorber packs. they have been in storage for acouple of years with no issues.
Press kits are generally quite small so sealed in a dry environment is the best way to go.

Hope that helps :wave:

smitty2011
08-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Thanks, I will buy some this weekend and look to store them better in a plastic box. But appreciate the advice