PDA

View Full Version : Question for all Diablo 3 Collectors Edition owners...

Death132
08-13-2012, 09:25 PM
I bought the Diablo 3 CE brand new from Ebay for $165. I just opened it and there were two stickers on the back of the box that kept the additional piece of paper on it.

I know the SC2 CE had a sticker keeping the paper on the box. I looked up unboxing videos and noticed none of them had stickers. The paper just came off for them and they even mentioned them not being stuck.

Did anyone elses CE come with stickers on the back keeping the paper on the box? This is doing damage to my OCD and I just need to know if it's normal.

Also any advice on removing the horrible sticker residue? I feel like this was a wasted purchase because of them.

BitWraith
08-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Yep there are stickers on the box. They can be hard to see, but they are very sticky. I got them off by simply rubbing them forcefully with my thumb (it did not damage the finish any), and I used Goo-Gone (collector's best friend) to gently wipe away any remaining residue.

I usually store those backing papers inside the box with my game (for completion sake). You mentioned Star Craft 2 - I just left the backing on that one, since it was so rigid.

nialenecra
08-30-2012, 01:03 AM
Yes.. same !

CollectingCanuck
09-02-2012, 11:43 AM
That is somewhat strange because I bought mine from Ebay also but there did not seem to be any such sticker or even any residue. With that said, however, it was from a reseller so I wouldn't put it past them to have re-shrink-wrapped one that was opened or returned.