PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order MADNESS!

The Ch1eff
08-15-2012, 03:55 PM
So, the most of us pre-order our precious collector's editions,

But, I'm getting stoned to death when I see all the goodies coming with pre-ordered games, for example,

When I pre-ordered Sleeping Dogs, I get the Benelux edition for free (DLC) and a free t-shirt, when I pre-ordered Prototype 2 Radnet edition, I got the Sgt. James Heller small figure for nothing (anybody want to *trade*?)

Now I can pre-order CoD - Black Ops II and I get a free t-shirt and cap with it. (When I pick it up)

I hate it when stores throw you to death with special pre-order stuff, I can pre-order a game only once, so what do you guys think about it?

Xmo
08-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Thats awesome! I would have go to every gamestore and preorder everything and cancel order the following month :D

kittychloe
08-15-2012, 04:27 PM
would they eventually stop letting you preorder if you kept doing that?

in australia or at least canberra ive found they wont give you the preorder items till you pick up your preorder on release day

The Ch1eff
08-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Thats awesome! I would have go to every gamestore and preorder everything and cancel order the following month :D

I made a typo, it's when you pick it up, but I see so many stores giving away different stuff with the release I can't decide!

would they eventually stop letting you preorder if you kept doing that?

in australia or at least canberra ive found they wont give you the preorder items till you pick up your preorder on release day

That's what they do here too, made a stupid typo :@

kittychloe
08-15-2012, 04:40 PM
thats ok, i know some stores do give away some things like posters when you actually preorder, but it is a real pain when 3 different stores have different exclusives..

Cathedrals
08-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Hey guys! New to the site. excited to be a part of the community. Just a heads up to the poster talking about pre-ordering games and then canceling (this may have been addressed by someone else in a different post but oh well haha):

I work at a GameStop and our job is performance driven. If and when you cancel your pre-order, it counts against the person canceling it for you in the system and in turn they lose hours the following week if their performance drops significantly. I understand that this is a problem that should be addressed in house with our corporate bosses, but we do strive to give everyone a fair play. eventually, if you continually cancel, our LP department will review your account and flag it to where you can't pre-order and (possibly) be unable to return games.

My store is surrounded by some very poor areas so people use us as a rental service in that respect, so we are really harsh at times because we get fed up with it.

other than that, and like I said, i'm really excited about being a part of this community. I collect vinyl and have been a member of a vinyl forum for years, but I got tired of being restrained to one topic thread to discuss all the cool games and their collectors editions. the one i'm looking forward to the most is Resident Evil 6 Archive for PS3. that is gonna be the jam.

The Ch1eff
08-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Hey guys! New to the site. excited to be a part of the community. Just a heads up to the poster talking about pre-ordering games and then canceling (this may have been addressed by someone else in a different post but oh well haha):

I work at a GameStop and our job is performance driven. If and when you cancel your pre-order, it counts against the person canceling it for you in the system and in turn they lose hours the following week if their performance drops significantly. I understand that this is a problem that should be addressed in house with our corporate bosses, but we do strive to give everyone a fair play. eventually, if you continually cancel, our LP department will review your account and flag it to where you can't pre-order and (possibly) be unable to return games.

My store is surrounded by some very poor areas so people use us as a rental service in that respect, so we are really harsh at times because we get fed up with it.

other than that, and like I said, i'm really excited about being a part of this community. I collect vinyl and have been a member of a vinyl forum for years, but I got tired of being restrained to one topic thread to discuss all the cool games and their collectors editions. the one i'm looking forward to the most is Resident Evil 6 Archive for PS3. that is gonna be the jam.

I imagine it's a collossal piss-off for you when people do use Gamestop as a rental service, also that customers can be really mad when you don't take in their games.

Here in the Netherlands, we don't get alot of ''pre-order'' bonusses, and when I see that other countries/continents get WAY better stuff for their money.

Just as everyone when you get it day one pre-order, you get some shitty DLC that's mainly used as a ''pre-order'' incentive.

I admit, admit that I have pre-ordered Medal of Honor - Warfighter for the t-shirt and Battlefield 4 beta key, so in that way I encourage to pre-order it.

But some countries get pre-order bonusses that make me go ''AH THIS IS STOOOPID!''

So yeah, pre-order bonusses make me cry sometimes. :(

Xmo
08-21-2012, 06:52 PM

Damn I should have known better. :facepalm:
Truth to be told I only did this kind of activity for the AC3 Steelbook and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Posters. Other than that I have no more intentions to continue unless gamestop is giving out a million dollars ;)

Welcome to the forum :barsong:

thinkforgetfull
09-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Im very friendly with my local game stores, so they put stuff aside for me, as well as giving me pre-order goodies without my actual preorder. I remember when halo reach came out, i got like 5 of the recon download codes and that odd grenade chest piece. I got pre-order posters too as well as keyrings and the like. I love my prof. layton hint coin.

HIPPEEDUDE
09-10-2012, 04:21 PM
The only problem i have with pre-ordering is simply that you order at one store because thats where you normally go & can be assured you will get what you want as well as your freebie bonus whatever. Then a few weeks or even months later some other store anounces that pre-order through us & you will get some freebie that if your really into a certain thing you know you must have. So you place an order through them & then cancel the other order. Thats fine & dandy but then a few weeks later you find somewhere else thats not giving you any extras but,if you buy two particular collectors editions at the same time they will discount $50 off the total,which is hell cheaper than buying them elsewhere. Reality is,you can go round & round in bloody circles with all the free pre-order bonus & deals that get thrown at you,worse still because they are never done at the same time you go mental trying to figure out what to do.