PDA

View Full Version : Exposing the price in fowarding

Kusuriuri
08-20-2012, 10:10 AM
So, i had a friend of mine that lives in the US so foward me the Andrew Ryan statue, im already nervous since its such a fragile figure, but i really dont know what to do about the customs way of dealing with things, i know if it came directly from the store they where obliged to put the real price of the item.

But since its foward from a person, do i still need to put the real money or can i change it, so when it arrives here, i wont pay taxes?

vhal_x
08-20-2012, 10:11 AM
You can mark it down to avoid taxes, although sometimes they will still check the items value and charge you the real value if they choose you for a spotcheck.

Luckily I've never had that happen before though xx

Kusuriuri
08-20-2012, 10:13 AM
You can mark it down to avoid taxes, although sometimes they will still check the items value and charge you the real value if they choose you for a spotcheck.

Luckily I've never had that happen before though xx

well for the only 3 expensive items that i had shipped , the 3 from japan ( 2 100+ years old paintings and a theatre mask) i payed taxes from all of them O.o how lucky am i lol

but im super nervous of it arriving broken, since its such a long trip..and i always get screwed in a way when i ship something from the US