PDA

View Full Version : Help a noob out? =]

Psychotisis
09-07-2012, 06:57 AM
So, I'm really just starting to break into the world of collecting. I'm posting here to find out your guy's tips and tricks to collecting.

Anything helps =D

kittychloe
09-07-2012, 07:45 AM
second hand stores.. best thing ever if your not ocd about seals or quality, not that its a bad thing, just not my thing

vhal_x
09-07-2012, 09:05 AM
eBay was a good start for me last year. Just picking up smaller, cheaper CEs and steelbooks. Now though, I don't even remember the last time I used eBay, as all of my money each month tends to go on preorders (from GAME, Amazon(s), Zavvi, HMV, Play.com, etc).

Believe me, even just being a member of this forum will help. My collection has grown by an INSANE amount since I joined, purely because now I get all the information for releases up front (and not 3 months after release) and that in turn, makes me preorder so that I'm guaranteed a copy come release day :D xx

Psychotisis
09-07-2012, 04:28 PM
eBay was a good start for me last year. Just picking up smaller, cheaper CEs and steelbooks. Now though, I don't even remember the last time I used eBay, as all of my money each month tends to go on preorders (from GAME, Amazon(s), Zavvi, HMV, Play.com, etc).

Believe me, even just being a member of this forum will help. My collection has grown by an INSANE amount since I joined, purely because now I get all the information for releases up front (and not 3 months after release) and that in turn, makes me preorder so that I'm guaranteed a copy come release day :D xx

I <3 amazon. Haven't really worked my way into CE/LE/Steelies yet. But I'll get there =D

second hand stores.. best thing ever if your not ocd about seals or quality, not that its a bad thing, just not my thing

goodwill = my home away from home (sometimes). We're pretty limited on thrifties here. I dont mind seals. At the moment, I'd rather play my games than stare at them. =D I'm also not into the resale part of this hobby yet.

Xmo
09-07-2012, 04:50 PM
I always go to goodwill store every month and I could tell you its pretty rare to find collectible items. I got lucky when some goodwill stores are selling on amazon and got a couple CE's so you could look into that. Also it will be defenitely frustrating finding things like Assassins Creed 2 Black Edition on ebay on a good price for example. Try ebay.co.uk, its another world out there lol THANKS UK :D
And finally be active on this forum so you don't miss out on new collectors items.

kittychloe
09-07-2012, 05:17 PM
i thought the American economy ran on the second hand store trade.. is pawn stars lying to me?

The resale is a daunting part of collecting.. im not too much a fan of selling off parts of my collection.. all my pretties :(, doubles i have no quarrel parting with..

Xmo
09-07-2012, 07:35 PM
i thought the American economy ran on the second hand store trade.. is pawn stars lying to me?

huh?! lol where did you heard that?

Mike1888
09-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Pawn stars is about as staged as WWE

Xmo
09-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Such a rip off, they buy things at 1/3 of the value...

Cosmic_Link
09-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Pawn stars is about as staged as WWE

Not staged at all then? :P

kittychloe
09-08-2012, 05:11 AM
I work in free to air television most on the stuff there is full of crap :D you should see out news... its really depressing, i think all stores buy things at 1/3 of the value they intend to sell for

Fitzgera1d
09-16-2012, 04:13 PM
The kinda advice I would give and this is just me: Don't buy any CE's! For one, it will consume you just like mmorpgs. You'll get poor and you'll want to sell it because you have no money.