PDA

View Full Version : Holy Grails of Collecting

NaughtyDogJames
09-21-2012, 08:00 PM
In your opinion what is the Holy Grail/Grails of what you collect? Eg CE's, Press kits, Xbox consoles, PS3 consoles or whatever you collect? For me it would be the FHE, U1 PK, Jak 1 PK and Crash 3 PK (Naughty Dog collecting).

Twisted
09-21-2012, 09:10 PM
mine would be the sonic generations 20th anniversary crystal set that was japan exclusive..although it's just separate pieces of random things...it was only available through one retailer in japan and it was very difficult to acquire because the company does not ship outside japan and it was a very limited run.

NaughtyDogJames
09-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Do you have a picture? I've never seen that before?

NaughtyDogJames
09-21-2012, 10:32 PM
I'd like to add you don't have to own the item/s.

Redmagster
09-21-2012, 10:38 PM
For me?? Uncharted Press Kit - all things Uncharted, Assassins Creed and Prince of Persia...

Finaly got AC2 stickerbook so now it's UC PK! :/

NaughtyDogJames
09-21-2012, 11:11 PM
I should be getting an U: DF press kit by the end of the year :) Out of interest how much was the AC2 sticker book. For me the Last of Us stuff is cooler than Uncharted stuff (which is still awesome btw)

Redmagster
09-21-2012, 11:20 PM
For AC2 stickerbook I paid £118 including shipping - most I ever paid but I finally broke!! LOL! :D

Redmagster
09-21-2012, 11:21 PM
You an Uncharted Collector??

NaughtyDogJames
09-21-2012, 11:22 PM
Naughty Dog collector, not long started but I have a couple of cool items.

NaughtyDogJames
09-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Eeek that's a lot, there again I spent £100 on my Explorer edition and plan on spending £200 on my press kit so I can't talk (it's a great price but still a lot of money).

Redmagster
09-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Got offered AC2 - lowest I've ever seen and mint - I broke!! LOL :D

Normally Ill wait and wait for right price :)
Explorer for £100??? :banana::banana: :thumb:

NaughtyDogJames
09-21-2012, 11:30 PM
I got mine when game had a couple for preorder at £99.99. Decent price for content. I refuse to pay eBay prices for anything. That's a nice price for that in mint condition. I'd love one but it's G1 right, besides I'm trying not to stray from ND too much.

Redmagster
09-21-2012, 11:33 PM
It was a direct contact - sometimes you get lucky at auction but lot of time and effort for a good deal then they wrap them in a paper envelope and wonder why it gets knocked... :(

'But the disc is ok - isn't that the most important bit?' errrr... noo....

NaughtyDogJames
09-21-2012, 11:39 PM
I know right, I just spent £100 on a Steelbook with the game that you can pick up for a fiver, of course the disc is what I wanted, that's why I spent the extra £95. Morons. Direct contact is a great way of finding bargains.

Redmagster
09-21-2012, 11:43 PM
LOL!! Least someone gets it!! There was a great thread on here - all the 'like new' listings - steelbook has a large dent on the back and rust all over iand the dog chewed up the manual and spat it out but otherwise great condition

NaughtyDogJames
09-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Then you wonder how these people have 100% feedback whereas if you're selling something and there's the slightest thing wrong with it you get a negative.

Redmagster
09-21-2012, 11:50 PM
It's just down to the buyer sometimes... you'd have to push me really hard to get a neg - even when sellers have been shit I tend to leave it. Keep it honest but only neg if really really bad...

NaughtyDogJames
09-21-2012, 11:53 PM
Yeah, the last negative I left was for one guy a few months back when his like Resistance Retribution had about 1.5 cm of te back cover missing, no dlc slip (I'd specifically asked about this) and the whole cover and box was water damaged, he shipped late and then refused to help solve it so I claimed my money back and traded it in. Sometimes it's easier not to leave any at all than to argue over it.

Redmagster
09-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Nooo!! I just had a Soul Calibur V CE sent without the game and no outer case - described as 'V. Good and with all original packaging'.... still sorting...

NaughtyDogJames
09-22-2012, 12:01 AM
This is one reason I like my local stores, I can inspect them before I buy them. When I bought my Infamous Digipak I wanted one with the art book and DLC slip with a decent condition box with eBay sellers it's a pain trying find out all that.

Gazereths
09-22-2012, 04:07 AM
My grail of MGS would probably be a mint, factory sealed MGS1 gold shareholders premium pack, though my (hopefully) soon to be delivered 3A metal gear REX model is pretty close.

Twisted
09-22-2012, 04:20 AM
sorry i do not have a pic..but you can under google images search for "SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 20TH ANNIVERSARY CRYSTAL CUBE SET JAPAN"...or you can see someone selling only the crystal cube on ebay..i assume he is keeping the game and cloth that came with it for himself...here is the ebay link and no it's NOT me :).....http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonic-the-Hedgehog-20th-Anniversary-Crystal-Cube-SUPER-RARE-/130769756703?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1e727c221f

NaughtyDogJames
09-22-2012, 09:49 AM
That's pretty sweet.

Thetof91
09-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Hmm.. Would really really like the Altair crounching :)

But more realistic would be the Ezio fury.. That I am thinking about saving money up for :)

ingmar1988
09-23-2012, 01:50 AM
Nooo!! I just had a Soul Calibur V CE sent without the game and no outer case - described as 'V. Good and with all original packaging'.... still sorting...

Did this happen on amazon marketplace? Those descriptions are so short and no pictures. One time i bought electroplancton (for nintendo ds), it was stated in perfect condition. They only send me the freaking game card, i was so mad lol.
I mean really, of course the card is in perfect condition, but if you state it like that i expect manual and box.

Onyxia
09-23-2012, 06:14 AM
Twisted, seen that crystal before and it's gorgeous. Very luck to have it, you don't see it around that often!

I just possibly got my hands on my grail, the Nall stuffed doll from the Lunar series.
Been hunting that thing down for years and the price has been skyrocketing ever since.
I won't consider it mine until it's in my hands (well, sitting in my collection). It's been mailed and I got a tracking number. Gotta play the waiting game for now.

Still can't believe that I might FINALLY have it after all those years!
They're ridiculously rare.

It's this little fellow here:
http://i42.tinypic.com/rmpgk2.jpg
Doesn't look too special, but well, just so hard to find!
Not sure how many were made.
I know they were originally sold by ESP in Japan, and then Victor Ireland purchased whatever was left to give away as prizes for a haiku contest. He sold a few on eBay and that was it.