PDA

View Full Version : Is everything for sale in your collection (for the right offer)

ingmar1988
10-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Now and then, i get a pm from someone (most often new registered member), requesting to sell me a certain item. I sold just now my dark souls press kit for the right offer, and a few weeks back my wipeout hd press kit. Normally i would never put it for sale, but couldn't refuse 700 pounds for the wipeout hd press kit. Especially because than i buy a lot of new Ce's and other press kit from that money.

So, is everything in your collection for sale for the right offer, or do you have that favorite item you will never part with?

vhal_x
10-15-2012, 02:33 PM
I couldn't sell anything of mine at all. Unless I received a ridiculous offer of like 1000gbp for it, but I doubt I have anything of that value anyway.

Even if I got offered double, or triple what I paid for one of my items, I highly doubt I'd sell it.

I get too attached to my things :shrug: :rotf: xx

gu8
10-15-2012, 02:57 PM
my hats off to you ingmar1988, everything has a price, and i mean EVERYTHING!!!

well done on such a good deal. wish someone offered me 700 for something i had, i would snap it up because i know id be in profit because theres not a cat in hells chance id ever pay that for any CE

NaughtyDogJames
10-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Yep everything of mine is for sale :)

Xmo
10-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Sold my signed AC comic and Ezio Hot Toy for desperate measure and I thought I would never be able to sell it because its my most prized possession. Too bad thats not the case :(

Twisted
10-15-2012, 04:43 PM
wow...700 pounds for just about any game item..would be really really really hard to turn down..unless it was something individually numbered and extremely rare like at most 500 made etc.

ingmar1988
10-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Well that wipeout hd press kit is really rare, im not sure how many were made, but only ever seen 1 on ebay for sale.

Robalvarez2010
10-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Honestly for me I won't be able too. I already got an offer for $9,000 for my neo Tokyo drake figure from my contact at naughty dog because they want to put it up on display but I turned it down. One because I love uncharted and I an just trying to focus on uncharted items at the moment and 2 if they offered me that much I know either they or someone else will offer me more. I still have the email because I have had some people that don't believe me, so I go and show it to them.

ingmar1988
10-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Honestly i dont think you would get more than 9000 from anyone else (unless, some rich as uncharted collector comes along).

But thats really a one of a kind item, the things i sell i have always a chance on buying it back cheaper (although often its a small chance). So i understand your refusal.

Robalvarez2010
10-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Yeah my wife got on my back because I did not sell it but what can I do. At the moment I am not in this for profit, I am in this to collect. If for any reason I am in desperate need for money especially since I have 3 kids and there is a fourth one on the way then I won't have a choice but to part with my collection. But for now I am just going to keep on collecting. The good thing is if I could never get more money for it I could always go back and sell it to my contact because he told me that when I am ever ready to sell that the offer will always be on the table.

bbki
10-15-2012, 07:58 PM
No..

Robalvarez2010
10-15-2012, 08:10 PM
No..

That was a very quick and easy response lol

gu8
10-15-2012, 08:17 PM
yes...

LowlyAssassin
10-15-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm really attached to my AC collection so no only a few of those items are for sale
but everything in my console/ general games collection I am happy to sell to the right person

MoonTar
10-16-2012, 12:13 AM
I can't even bring myself to sell stuff I don't want...

Saturn
10-16-2012, 01:11 AM
Never! In the country I live at it's pretty tough to build a collection like I currently have.

Tauran
10-16-2012, 03:04 AM
Never. so many items have taken me years to find (like a sealed age of mythology CE, dear god...) i would never part with them. if i'm trading for profit i would generally pre-order or buy more than 1.

MortalMonday
10-16-2012, 03:13 AM
There are plenty of things in my collection that I can't part with. My one and only Revelations by Craig Mullins giclee print, for instance, is never leaving my collection. I could get offered 5k and it still wouldn't go anywhere.

Dr_Jengo
10-16-2012, 04:23 AM
Depends..

Most of my collection are filled with things that I bought because I want them so I won't sell them. I don't actually buy stuff for investments or extras for me to sell anything.

There are a few things however, that are given as promo items, pre-orders, contest wins etc which I might sell if I get a good offer.

mawa
10-16-2012, 10:23 AM
evrything i have is for sale iff the price is right.
only my nintendo virtual boy collection not.
i have recieve in the past a offer off 500 euro for my red virtual boy key chain ( only 2 know to exist in the world )
but told him i cant sell it lol
( probbely my virtual boy collection is worth about 10.000 to 12.500 euro but i cant sell beacouse i love this collection )

for the rest all is for sell

LowlyAssassin
10-16-2012, 10:29 AM
There are plenty of things in my collection that I can't part with. My one and only Revelations by Craig Mullins giclee print, for instance, is never leaving my collection. I could get offered 5k and it still wouldn't go anywhere.

you lucky guy