PDA

View Full Version : Forza horizon pre order bonus

LowlyAssassin
10-17-2012, 12:10 PM
so I pre order Forza horizon just for the forza 4 special code for a SRT8 car from GAME (instore) as I was supposed too but allas no code and I don't know where its meant to be on receipt? on a dlc code card?
where is said code?

vhal_x
10-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Sorry? I don't fully understand, I think your predictive text might have messed with ya :P

If you are saying that you haven't received a preorder code, it will probably be emailed to you. Or on a note inside the shipping box (happened to me before. Had to fish it out the bin >.<).

If you still can't find a note, email GAME and they should sort it out for you, providing they have enough codes left xx

LowlyAssassin
10-17-2012, 01:09 PM
start again
excerpt from several sources
If you pre-order Forza Horizon at a participating retailer, you’ll immediately receive a special code you can use to download a 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 in Forza Motorsport 4, complete with a custom Forza Horizon livery created by the Forza community team

I walked into game and pre ordered forza horizon to get the code for a the srt8 in forza 4
and just checked my receipt and can't see any special Xbox 25 digit code or instructions
with forza 4 I had to email a copy of my receipt with gamertag to turn 10 but this time its a special code
so do I just walk back to game and go hey bizatch where's my code ><

vhal_x
10-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Ah, maybe they were supposed to give you it on a little sheet?

I'd go back to them and say xx

EDIT: "From a participating retailer"... is GAME one of the participating retailers? As there was no list mentioned xx

Emzze
10-17-2012, 02:08 PM
I'd just go back in and demand my bonus xD

I'm always having to remind my store of the pre-order bonus when the game is released, because they always forget :facepalm:

darksiders
10-17-2012, 02:12 PM
No the dodge for Forza 4 will be givin the day of the forza horizon release !!! that's why you don't have it.

goonergaz
10-17-2012, 02:21 PM
yeah I agree - giving the code before would create chaos and endless calls from people who can't get the code to work...I bet you'll get it with the game

darksiders
10-17-2012, 02:47 PM
yeah I agree - giving the code before would create chaos and endless calls from people who can't get the code to work...I bet you'll get it with the game

Yeah prolly one of the reasons. But also doing that ensure somehow that people will pre-order the game and will stick to it.

LowlyAssassin
10-17-2012, 07:15 PM
No the dodge for Forza 4 will be givin the day of the forza horizon release !!! that's why you don't have it.

start again
excerpt from several sources
If you pre-order Forza Horizon at a participating retailer, you?ll immediately receive a special code you can use to download a 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 in Forza Motorsport 4, complete with a custom Forza Horizon livery created by the Forza community team

so that was why I ordered
vhal yes game was on the list as I first saw it on there website and yes several sources report them as being on the list
yea I'm going back tomorrow to complain and find out who the manager is
( I have to find out who the manager is anyway)

LowlyAssassin
10-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah prolly one of the reasons. But also doing that ensure somehow that people will pre-order the game and will stick to it.

yea I done that last time i cancelled my forza 4 pre order because I didn't get the forza 3 bonus from turn 10 then 2 days after release I got the bonus in Forza 3 but i did only pre order 2 days before release and after the US deadline that as more confusing then I made out

gu8
10-17-2012, 07:48 PM
take it easy i too have preordered forza horizon and still not received code

if you read the terms

Terms and Conditions: UK ONLY. Limited Offer while stocks last. Customers who have already preordered this product will also receive the bonus item. You will need access to Xbox LIVE in order to access your bonus item. Please ensure that the email address in Your Account is valid before preordering. Bonus Codes for Forza Horizon will be emailed upon game release. Bonus codes for Forza 4 will be emailed on a rolling Monthly basis. You will receive your Forza 4 code on one of the following dates, depending on the date you place your preorder: August 2nd -for preorders before 23:59 25/07/2012, August 30th-for preorders between 00:01 26/07/2012 and 23:59 29/08/2012, September 27th-for preorders between 00:01 30/08/2012 and 23:59 26/09/2012, October 22nd-for preorders between 00:01 27/09/2012 and 23:59 21/10/2012. Please allow 48 hours and check your junk mail before contacting Customer Services about your access code. This offer is only valid against mint boxed copy of the game and not the download or preowned version. Bulk or Business preorders (orders in excess of 10 copies of the same game) will only receive 1x bonus code per order not per copy of the game. This offer is exclusive to Game Retail Limited.

there you go, rolling codes out monthly

gu8
10-17-2012, 07:50 PM
so oct 22nd you will receive the dodge challenger

LowlyAssassin
10-17-2012, 07:53 PM
but I never gave anyone my email address so that's not going to happen
and did you order in store or online?
and thanks for the help

vhal_x
10-17-2012, 07:54 PM
The preorder bonus might be online only then :S xx

gu8
10-17-2012, 08:01 PM
the plot thickens!!!!

if ya dont get it lowly il give ya one lol

code i mean

LowlyAssassin
10-17-2012, 08:20 PM
hey hey naughty
yea I'm gonna print out these t and c and go tomorrow
is there a pre order steel book for Forza horizon? or does it come in collectors edition?

LowlyAssassin
10-17-2012, 08:20 PM
The preorder bonus might be online only then :S xx

that'd be poopoo

vhal_x
10-17-2012, 08:24 PM
The steelbook for Forza Horizon is inside the CE xx

gu8
10-17-2012, 08:32 PM
concur with vhal, its inside, bit shit really

infact if you look, its just the steelbook with a slipcover, no top gear book like last year, all the dlc will be inside the steel

LowlyAssassin
10-17-2012, 08:33 PM
I did order the right edition then
just need to hunt down a Forza 1 CE now only seen one and I don't have the money for it

comaamen86
10-17-2012, 08:41 PM
when i ordered online i got the code about a day after in an e-mail, try pre-order online then cancel when the code turns up.

LowlyAssassin
10-17-2012, 08:43 PM
yea I'll do that as game don't take payment straight away

darksiders
10-18-2012, 02:45 AM
yea I'll do that as game don't take payment straight away

I follow their facebook page, if I remember correctly that's where I read that the dodge for Forza 4 will be givin' the day og Forza Horzion's release. If you pre-ordered online you will get an email, if you pre-ordered in store, you will probably get it the usual way on a small cardboard with the code, or maybe on the receipt.

darksiders
10-18-2012, 02:48 AM
Also two different steelbooks for Forza Horizon, the CE one and the futurshop exclusibe ;)

darksiders
10-18-2012, 02:53 AM
I read that somewhere, but it also seems some people did get their codes when they pre-ordered. Maybe depends on the retailer. Bums me out a bit too, I wish I already got it.

kennyrh
10-19-2012, 08:20 PM
If it's any help to ya LowlyAssassin, I pre-ordered the Limited Edition from GAME today and received . . . .dick-all by way of a pre-order bonus.

Curiously, there's nothing about it on their website either. Normally there's a little "bonus offer" tab for a game when they're giving something extra away.

DLC really gets on my tits but, when i've been due some in the past, i always have to ring up and complain. I recall that once they gave me a download code and another time they said they were all out and gave me some reward points instead.

I wish they'd just leave DLC on PSN and XBox Live. Fuckin' sucks . . . .:ghey:

gu8
10-19-2012, 11:53 PM
if lowly or anyone else wants a dodge code, hook me up

LowlyAssassin
10-20-2012, 12:04 PM
so I went back to the store I pre ordered and asked for the srt8 code and instead they gave me
2010 Ferrari 458 Italia
and
2011 mercedes-benz SLS AMG

are those both unicorns?

but I was like noooo I want the srt8
and he said well sorry this is all we have at the moment
so I was like yoink

gu8
10-20-2012, 01:11 PM
wow you got both the amg and the italia, nice

pm sent for the dodge

LowlyAssassin
10-20-2012, 01:34 PM
yea what's so special about those cars :shrugs:

edit is see there's 4 pre order cars
I was only meant to get one

everybody gets the srt8
plus one of these

2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
2010 Ferrari 458 Italia
2012 Aston Martin Virage
2010 Nissan 370Z

so I'll go back tomorrow or Monday and see if they have the other two

gu8
10-20-2012, 01:50 PM
each retailer has a different car and they all have the dodge for forza 4

gamestation ferrari italia
game.co.uk amg
hmv nissan
amazon aston

you got quite lucky getting the 2 different ones but game and gamestation are all merging into 1 by the end of the month anyway, all gamestation shops will become game shops

LowlyAssassin
10-20-2012, 01:59 PM
she did you learn game station is becoming game?
game has owned game station for over a year now

gu8
10-20-2012, 02:02 PM
game has owned gamestation for years i think. it was always weird. now they are finally getting rid of gamestation stores, just game from now on. unsure about the gamestation online brand. i know everyone getting new reward cards etc etc soon too

gu8
10-20-2012, 02:03 PM
By Tom Phillips Published 14 September, 2012

Update: GAME Retail boss Martyn Gibbs has spoken about the rebranding decision. There will be a new loyalty scheme; Gamestation's trade-in price-match will remain; there will be Wi-Fi in all shops; a GAME app; a better PC download service; and a new store feature called GAME Hunter.

GAME Hunter will let shoppers browse and order - for delivery to any UK address - any game from GAME's entire range, presumably via a computer in store. These can be old and new games and either physical or digital.

Said he, speaking with MCV: "The new GAME will combine the best of both brands. For example, the Gamestation trade-in proposition, 'We Won't Be Beaten On Trade-In', continues under the new unified brand and likewise the passionate and knowledgeable gamestation store teams stay with us and continue to provide outstanding support and advice for all gamers.

"Our aim is to hold the UK's biggest range of games, gaming gear and exclusive content whilst also ensuring that we are constantly evolving, listening to our customers and adapting our approach to really deliver for them. The above initiatives are only a snapshot of a whole host of exciting plans in the pipeline: new titles, formats, partnerships, digital initiatives. We forward to sharing them with our customers as soon as we can."

Original story: All Gamestation shops are to be rebranded as GAME shops, GAME Retail announced during a private meeting today, MCV reported.

Eurogamer contacted GAME about the report, but were told the chain could not yet comment.

Gamestation and GAME were once rivals, until GAME acquired the more hip and core gamer-facing chain of shops in 2007.

Gamestation shops make up 122 of GAME Group's 341 stores. The shop names may be different, but the two brands have long touted the same game prices among other things.

What will become of gamestation.co.uk is as yet unclear.

Previous GAME and Gamestation owner GAME Group PLC collapsed earlier this year, only to be reborn as Game Retail Ltd.

LowlyAssassin
10-20-2012, 02:11 PM
well that's probably comet/ currys financial decision as game almost went bust remember and they ended up with new management / owners
it did seem silly having 2 stores under different names trading close too each other
but here's the technical as too why they where doing it
many councils and regions within the UK have a limit to one store per chain per post code
some are more strict some are less strict
some have a distance rule so say no more then one store per 5 miles
and although game and game station are owned by the same parent company they trade under desperate rules which means they can bypass these limits and win more custom as having 2 shops trading even under desperate names is better then only having one

now the reason why they are finally merging
although they are owned by the same parent company they are run as 2 desperate companies the board of directors may be the same or even share members but everything below that is essentially duplicated so if they merge they can essentially half the number of employees from a management perspective although they will not lay off half of there star as that a ready happened last april, it means they will be merging offices and paying alot less overheads and it seems that with the new management structure and administrators they have from a higher management level they must see this as a bonus for the business in the long term

Javius
10-29-2012, 03:34 AM
In Spain:

-Xtralife.es

A T-Shirt and a DLC Code card with these cars: Volkswagen Golf R & 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392

http://i45.tinypic.com/20rv12g.png

-GAME.ES

DLC Code Card with these cars: Dodge Challenger SRT8 design Forza Horizon and the exclusive Nissan 370Z.

http://i49.tinypic.com/fa7h4y.jpg

Deubeuliou
10-29-2012, 07:23 AM
Ok well in my quest of every pre-order DLC card, I've found these ones so far :

http://i46.tinypic.com/a1ifj5.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/1z4hb1x.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/1zxa7m8.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ir7ptf.jpg

So I'm still looking for a card for the Aston Martin and Nissan 370Z.

kennyrh
10-29-2012, 03:54 PM
As much as I've loved all the previous Forza games, I have to admit to being a bit underwhelmed by the Horizon LCE. Most of my local stores are selling the vanilla version for ?38 as opposed to the ?60 I paid for this. I don't think ?22 for a steelbook and a bunch of DLC is particularly good value for money.

For the same cost in Forza 4 you got a nicer steelbook plus an excellent artbook and in Forza 3 there was a nice presentation box with a branded keyring and memory stick.

The final insult was no manual . . .so the game better be fuckin' good . . .:rant: