PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock Infinite

Pages : 1 [2]

Christown
03-27-2013, 08:30 AM
For those looking to buy the Ultimate Songbird Edition, Amazon has all 3 versions for sale. Just bought me a PS3 copy, so happy :)

Gillri
03-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Game.co.uk has them back in stock, grab them fast!

Dreamcazman
03-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Mine were sealed... the boxes inside aren't but the main box and game were both sealed.
Hmm, ok. It seems the US versions were sealed but the UK/AUS versions weren't.

Maybe they ran out of plastic wrap. :poke:

flatout
03-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Sorry ot hear about the damged boxes.

I feel you pain, my LE guide's corner got hit so bad it cause a rip in it :(

It is a very nice guide with great artwork though, plus it has a LE card for the game that the Handyman is for I assume.

Plus the Key! I am interested to see if the Key in this and the Key from the Press kit are exactly the same.

bazzaffc
03-27-2013, 09:46 AM
Game.co.uk has them back in stock, grab them fast!

Nice one thanks very much for the heads up!!

flatout
03-27-2013, 10:03 AM
Anyone else get the LE Guide?

Pretty nice huh?

I just opened the Key and it is very nice, I am surprised at the quality of it. I half expected it to be made form hard plastic ;)

TMM
03-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Hi everyone,

Long time no speak - apologies but I have been ridiculously busy recently (I've actually got a few unboxings to write where I have opened up the games but not been able to do write ups yet!)

Anyway, I have managed to write up my BioShock one as I was really excited to get it written up!

http://www.manmountaindesigns.co.uk/images/ubpics/bsi/bs6.JPG

Full unboxing can be found here. (http://www.manmountaindesigns.co.uk/index.php/games/unboxing/136-bioshock-infinite-ultimate-songbird-edition-unboxing)

Regards
TMM

Ps. After this weekend I'll be back in full force commenting and getting you guys up to date with my antics!

Christown
03-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Could someone do me a favour and measure the wingspan of the Songbird, meaning how wide is the statue in total? Just wondering if it will fit in my shelf.

Thanks.

TMM
03-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Could someone do me a favour and measure the wingspan of the Songbird, meaning how wide is the statue in total? Just wondering if it will fit in my shelf.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'll try and remember to do that tonight for you (if someone doesn't beat me to it) - it is worth noting that the wings do come off, so if you wanted the model but didn't have the room, potentially you could store the wings separately (safe in the box?) or put them nearby somehow?

Not ideal, but it may at least mean you get to enjoy the model to some extent.

Regards

tonybsg
03-27-2013, 02:00 PM

Thanks.

Already displayed, sorry TMM :P

Its approximately 38cm mate.

flatout
03-27-2013, 02:03 PM
15 inches!

EDIT>>> aww I was beat to it :(

You and your metric! lol

Christown
03-27-2013, 02:12 PM
Hi,

I'll try and remember to do that tonight for you (if someone doesn't beat me to it) - it is worth noting that the wings do come off, so if you wanted the model but didn't have the room, potentially you could store the wings separately (safe in the box?) or put them nearby somehow?

Not ideal, but it may at least mean you get to enjoy the model to some extent.

Regards

Already displayed, sorry TMM :P

Its approximately 38cm mate.

Thanks to you both, i have just over 39cm in space. I hope it fits haha.

Vlad
03-27-2013, 06:12 PM
Anyone else get the LE Guide?

Amazon have still to despatch mine which, y'know, is useful considering the game came out yesterday... :banghead:

Heh, really want to see this key as well considering I was pleasantly surprised by the Tomb Raider necklace not being awful, hell, it was nicer than pretty much everything else in the CE. :P

flatout
03-27-2013, 06:39 PM
Amazon have still to despatch mine which, y'know, is useful considering the game came out yesterday... :banghead:

Heh, really want to see this key as well considering I was pleasantly surprised by the Tomb Raider necklace not being awful, hell, it was nicer than pretty much everything else in the CE. :P

Yeah i was surprised how nice it was... nice and heavy and has that ceramic type inlay. It isn't perfect but it is nice quality.

It also seems to be the same exact key that comes with the Press Kit which is neat... I will confirm if it is the same next week hopefully.

EDIT: Although after looking it over closely there is some paint missint all over (or seems to be), but this could be a "weathered" look they did with things like the Art Book.

Clusks
03-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Has anyone else in the UK who pre-ordered from Gamestop not received it yet? I'm getting slightly worried =/

Although I have also ordered Luigi's Mansion for 3DS from GAME and that hasn't arrived either. Both dispatched on Monday. Guessing they might just be using 2nd class postage.

bazzaffc
03-27-2013, 07:14 PM

Had an email today at about 16:30 from Amazon UK saying my item had shipped, so hopefully wont be long!!

vhal_x
03-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Mine shipped a day or two ago, estimated arrival, April 2nd :rotf: xx

EDIT: This is in reference to the LE Guide xx

thefunk007
03-27-2013, 08:22 PM
Might have something to do with the huge backlog with regards to the weather guys!

Dreamcazman
03-28-2013, 02:59 AM
I ordered a copy of the LE from The Book Depository and a copy from Amazon US. I thought they might have different covers going by what was on their respective websites.

The one from Book Depository got sent last Friday, the one from Amazon left yesterday. O.o

If they turn out to be the same, I'll just sell one on ebay.

comaamen86
03-28-2013, 04:45 AM
amazon delivery estimate was for was for early april so went for a private amazon trader that had same day shipping for 20 pence more

Clusks
03-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Boy am I pissed.

Ordered from Gamestop UK the Premium Edition specifically so I could get the Steelbook and guess what? No steelbook in my parcel!

I've sent them an Email to ask why, so hopefully they will actually send one out.

So disappointing =( Haven't had a lot of luck lately!

comaamen86
03-28-2013, 07:50 PM
Boy am I pissed.

Ordered from Gamestop UK the Premium Edition specifically so I could get the Steelbook and guess what? No steelbook in my parcel!

I've sent them an Email to ask why, so hopefully they will actually send one out.

mate i did not order but i did notice it stated it would be shipped in two shipments, so have faith

bazzaffc
03-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Just after a bit of advise really my order from game turned up today with a big dent in the side of the box and the plastic window on the front of the songbird box is cracked and broken as is the plastic that holds the statue in place!

I have contacted game so will see what they say but if they don't have any more in stock they obviously cant replace it????

Anyone got any idea on what I could do?

Thanks guys!

Gillri
03-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Just after a bit of advise really my order from game turned up today with a big dent in the side of the box and the plastic window on the front of the songbird box is cracked and broken as is the plastic that holds the statue in place!

I have contacted game so will see what they say but if they don't have any more in stock they obviously cant replace it????

Anyone got any idea on what I could do?

Thanks guys!

did you get it off ebay or game?

bazzaffc
03-28-2013, 08:01 PM
did you get it off ebay or game?

Sorry meant to say got it off eBay, have contacted the seller but haven't heard back!

HIPPEEDUDE
03-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Boy am I pissed.

EB games here did the same thing,i picked up my Songbird edition & i forgot to check the steelbook. Got home & no steelbook,not a happy camper. Went into the store,complained a little & ended up walking out with a box of steelbooks:D:bananayes:
Sorry meant to say got it off eBay, have contacted the seller but haven't heard back!

Unles you want a mint one i would just try to negotiate with the seller about getting a partial refund. Otherwise you have to pay out of your own pocket to send it back,which means it will end up costing you more money than it normally would. Not good.

bazzaffc
03-28-2013, 09:34 PM
Unles you want a mint one i would just try to negotiate with the seller about getting a partial refund. Otherwise you have to pay out of your own pocket to send it back,which means it will end up costing you more money than it normally would. Not good.

Yer is such a pain in the arse I mean it is only the box that's damaged but always like to keep them in as good as conditional as possible!! Plus haven't got anywhere to display any of my stuff at the moment so will be living in the loft for a bit!
To be fair to the seller he has replied and seems keen to help as the damage is down to the courier!!

Dreamcazman
03-28-2013, 11:55 PM
EB games here did the same thing,i picked up my Songbird edition & i forgot to check the steelbook. Got home & no steelbook,not a happy camper. Went into the store,complained a little & ended up walking out with a box of steelbooks:D:bananayes:
Damn! You've got more arse than class. :P - how many were in the box?

I had to ask for my steelbook at EB otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it.

HIPPEEDUDE
03-29-2013, 12:10 AM
Damn! You've got more arse than class. :P - how many were in the box?

I had to ask for my steelbook at EB otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it.

:D Thanks for the compliment:) You dont ask you dont get. Ummm.....how many,well the box of steels i got was a full original shipping box sent to stores & theres 25 in a box:D Not bad for asking nicely i thought:lmao:

comaamen86
03-29-2013, 03:31 AM
http://www.game.co.uk/en/bioshock-infinite-game-exclusive-songbird-edition-188062?pageSize=20&searchTerm=songbird

songbird edition in game back in stock for pc

Christown
03-29-2013, 03:40 AM
A lot of places got them back in stock, seems it wasn't really that limited.

flatout
03-29-2013, 04:26 AM
A lot of places got them back in stock, seems it wasn't really that limited.

I think the demand was SO high Take Two probably forced some more into production.

That is why they were sold out for so long most likely.

I still feel it is more limited then some, especially CEs like AC3 which are still in stores.

Clusks
03-29-2013, 09:53 AM
mate i did not order but i did notice it stated it would be shipped in two shipments, so have faith

I sure hope so! I've sent them an email anyway to ask!

EDIT: Just got an Email there from them saying they had a few problems not shipping the steelbook with the game, so they will send me one on Tuesday!

bazzaffc
03-29-2013, 04:52 PM
http://www.game.co.uk/en/bioshock-infinite-game-exclusive-songbird-edition-188062?pageSize=20&searchTerm=songbird

songbird edition in game back in stock for pc

Has gone again, it's probably a few people not picking up the item in store or not being able to deliver it so they have a few back in stock. Hopefully it's not as they have made more up which I do doubt to be honest!

I_BE_WILL
03-30-2013, 03:33 AM
I've seen some envelopes posted on EBay that said they contained the DLC content, did anyone actually get these, or did the DLC come loose?

flatout
03-30-2013, 03:36 AM
I've seen some envelopes posted on EBay that said they contained the DLC content, did anyone actually get these, or did the DLC come loose?

The Songbird Editions?

They contain a bonus pack DLC and a soundtrack download. Also there are themes for PS3/PC versions and Avatars for 360 versions.

Vlad
03-30-2013, 03:41 AM

No envelopes in my Songbird Edition, possibly a Premium Edition thing though?

The sheets for the DLC and the soundtrack came either lying loose in between the game and the artbook or just on top of them IIRC.

MortalMonday
03-30-2013, 05:29 AM
The one envelope in the Songbird edition contains the mini lithograph.

I_BE_WILL
03-30-2013, 05:48 AM
In the Songbird Edition?
Mine came loose.

tonybsg
03-30-2013, 08:09 AM
As it seems, the US editions had the litho inside an envelope, not the PAL ones.

Letrico
03-30-2013, 10:05 AM
Just finished the game and all I can say is Oh my goodness GOTY for me along with Tomb Raider.

Sylfaris
03-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Just finished the game and all I can say is Oh my goodness GOTY for me along with Tomb Raider.

Signed still on the second run in 1990 mode ... still damn easy even with achievment :( but i love this game GOTY The ending is a bomb :)

HIPPEEDUDE
03-31-2013, 03:55 AM
Signed still on the second run in 1990 mode ... still damn easy even with achievment :( but i love this game GOTY The ending is a bomb :)

You do know you can play the game in one run through only & start from the 1999 game mode without having to finish the game first:) Though,this is a game i will probably play a few times anyway:)

kittychloe
03-31-2013, 03:59 AM
You do know you can play the game in one run through only & start from the 1999 game mode without having to finish the game first:) Though,this is a game i will probably play a few times anyway:)

im really regretting passing this up >.<

flatout
03-31-2013, 04:05 AM

Same here.

I did the same with Bioshock 1... probably played it 4 full playthroughs at least.

Infinite so far for me (I am taking my time and I am needing to finish GoW real quick so I can devote all my gaming time to Infinite and soak up the story(plus i can sell my second copy)).

HIPPEEDUDE
03-31-2013, 04:30 AM
To me,i think they really did step it up a notch or two with Bioshock Infinte. It took me awhile to get into the first game. I will honestly say the first time i played bioshock 1 i thought it was rubbish after 5 mins & stopped playing. Wasnt until i was bored,had no games to play that i started to play & actually enjoy it. The funny thing is & this may condemn me to some members it was exactly the same with Assassins Creed 1,i thought it was stupid after a few minutes & only started playing again when i was bored:)

flatout
03-31-2013, 04:41 AM
To me,i think they really did step it up a notch or two with Bioshock Infinte. It took me awhile to get into the first game. I will honestly say the first time i played bioshock 1 i thought it was rubbish after 5 mins & stopped playing. Wasnt until i was bored,had no games to play that i started to play & actually enjoy it. The funny thing is & this may condemn me to some members it was exactly the same with Assassins Creed 1,i thought it was stupid after a few minutes & only started playing again when i was bored:)

Haha! I have to agree with you on AC1 for sure but I played it after 2 and just couldn't get into it. The VAST improvements in AC2 made it impossible to downgrade, so i just youtubed the story. And actually I haven't like AC since Brotherhood.

As Bioshock one goes I didn't play it when it came out, instead found it later and fell in love immediately.. the world sucked my in with its intro.

BUT the intro to Infinite is actually better and that is a hard thing to pull of for sure, but it is also a different tone too so it is hard to compare the immersion level.

SwiftDeath
03-31-2013, 04:41 AM

AC 1 was dumb in a lot of respects

It is on par with being one of the most repetitive sandbox games ever invented

That being said once you got over that, stories good, charectors are good, graphics were good at the time and it was the first game with sandbox style parkour in my opinon

ACII was much better polished though

HIPPEEDUDE
03-31-2013, 04:56 AM
The one thing that got me with Bioshock is they always seem to have a damn Lighthouse somewhere in the story. How original,lol

flatout
03-31-2013, 05:14 AM
The one thing that got me with Bioshock is they always seem to have a damn Lighthouse somewhere in the story. How original,lol

I thought the begging of the game happening in my home state was cool.

Finally Maine gets some video game love!

Thetof91
03-31-2013, 07:50 AM
Do you have to have played bioshock 1 and 2 to play infinite? :p

flatout
03-31-2013, 07:57 AM
Do you have to have played bioshock 1 and 2 to play infinite? :p

Nope, the story stands on its own. The worlds aren't technically connected.

BUT i would suggest playing Bioshock 1 for sure, one of the best shooters of all time (now only behind Infinite). 2 was not so good but it was still okay (wasn't made by the same studio).

Sylfaris
03-31-2013, 08:00 AM

yah i know but i always miss sth. in the first run >_< so this time also so i have to play it 2 times and for this game i will do waste time again :D I didn't find the first secre t box in the first run *grr*

*konami cheat :D heared about that*

Thetof91
03-31-2013, 08:18 AM
Nope, the story stands on its own. The worlds aren't technically connected.

BUT i would suggest playing Bioshock 1 for sure, one of the best shooters of all time (now only behind Infinite). 2 was not so good but it was still okay (wasn't made by the same studio).

Okay :)

I have watch my friend play bioshock 1, but never played it myself :)

Just I can get the game + the steelbook for 300 dkk :)

flatout
03-31-2013, 08:24 AM
Okay :)

I have watch my friend play bioshock 1, but never played it myself :)

Just I can get the game + the steelbook for 300 dkk :)

Not sure how much that is :scratch:

The PS3 version of Infinite comes with Bioshock one on it (but you will need 12 GB or HDD space).

Thetof91
03-31-2013, 08:28 AM
Not sure how much that is :scratch:

The PS3 version of Infinite comes with Bioshock one on it (but you will need 12 GB or HDD space).

300 dkk is about 50 dollars :)

Dont have ps3, have xbox :)

Clusks
04-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Got my steelbook from Gamestop today, but unfortunately there's a bit of a dent in the top =( wasn't amazing packaging to be fair.

Oh well, it still looks cool.

CaptainJackHarknes
04-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Anyways - amazon has 198 COPIES of the 360 version....this is way too overproduced..I'm returning mine :)

flatout
04-03-2013, 09:51 PM
The SE?

Yeah the 360 version was produced more then the PS3 version, and they had a second wave of production which was a greedy thing to do but oh well.

But it still is fairly limited as far as these go because if you remember they were sold out soon after the first batch hit.

Even if they did another production it would still be more limited then the AC3 one!! Lol
Same thing will happen with the Black Flag CE too, they will produce TONS.

SwiftDeath
04-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Without hard production numbers it's really hard to tell what is actually limited :shrug:

AC CE's are overproduced though, well North American ones at the very least

But almost all CE's released in NA are overproduced anyways.....

Platfus
04-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Do anyone with songbird edition knows its weight? Could someone check it fod me please?

Sent from my P350 Cyanogenmod 7 using Tapatalk

Thetof91
04-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Do anyone with songbird edition knows its weight? Could someone check it fod me please?

Sent from my P350 Cyanogenmod 7 using Tapatalk

At amazon.com it says 9 pounds :)

Gillri
04-04-2013, 05:45 PM
At amazon.com it says 9 pounds :)

or 1.9 KG, well the PAL UK edition is anyway

Thetof91
04-04-2013, 05:59 PM
or 1.9 KG, well the PAL UK edition is anyway

Is there any different on UK and USA edition? :p

I guess amazon.com just got it a bit higher by mistake, if you have just weigth your own? :)

Gillri
04-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Is there any different on UK and USA edition? :p

I guess amazon.com just got it a bit higher by mistake, if you have just weigth your own? :)

yes I have weighed myPC and 360 PAL version and they are both 1.9 KG

SwiftDeath
04-04-2013, 06:11 PM
yes I have weighed myPC and 360 PAL version and they are both 1.9 KG

Perhaps Amazon's weight includes all the shipping packaging?

Don't know why that would double the weight though :shrug:

tonybsg
04-04-2013, 08:18 PM
amazon.fr shipment was 2.9kg according to the description in the package!

Gillri
04-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Perhaps Amazon's weight includes all the shipping packaging?

Don't know why that would double the weight though :shrug:

I sold one on ebay and with packaging mine weighs 2.5 KG

comaamen86
04-10-2013, 04:40 PM
craziest bioshock pc setup ever

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/218923/83215350.jpg

flatout
04-10-2013, 04:43 PM
craziest bioshock pc setup ever

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/218923/83215350.jpg

That is figgin awesome!

v1sav1s
04-11-2013, 12:26 AM
:drool: Don't let its appearance deceive you, the technology is centuries ahead of whatever you'll find now.

comaamen86
04-29-2013, 01:29 AM
c_bB08NcqvM

press kit unboxing

flatout
04-29-2013, 01:59 AM
She didn't even know the thing in the mini envelope was a flash drive! lol

The cloth piece I am missing from mine is THIN!! I could see her arm clear as day when she held it up.

MortalMonday
04-29-2013, 02:08 AM
It's made of mesh fabric. That's why you can see right through it. It's not too fragile though. The mesh fabric feels nice and sturdy. It's not like you can easily rip it up. It should last a lifetime, assuming it's handled with care.

flatout
04-29-2013, 02:14 AM
It's made of mesh fabric. That's why you can see right through it. It's not too fragile though. The mesh fabric feels nice and sturdy. It's not like you can easily rip it up. It should last a lifetime, assuming it's handled with care.

What I said had nothing to due with quality or how long it would last... just that it is see through and thin. I knew it was a mesh/weave from seeing pics but how easily it folded shows how thin it is.