PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock Infinite

Pages : [1] 2

Collector's Edition
10-24-2011, 03:27 PM
bioshock-infinite-ultimate-songbird-edition-360-ntsc
...view this game on the homepage (http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/bioshock-infinite-ultimate-songbird-edition-360-ntsc)

vhal_x
05-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Can't find the thread for it so move if necessary, but oh no!

It's delayed!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/346933/bioshock-infinite-delayed-to-2013/

Feb 2013 release date now :( xx

gurpswoo1
05-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Considering the complete disaster of Bioshock 2 CE, do you think they are still going to have a Limited Edition. Shame if they didn't.

I mean it really was a Financial disaster for them.

Likey
05-09-2012, 02:18 PM
What was the history of this? A link will do, just want to read a good article about it. :)

vhal_x
05-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Considering the complete disaster of Bioshock 2 CE, do you think they are still going to have a Limited Edition. Shame if they didn't.

Nothing has been announced yet, but they now have a much larger window of opportunity, so I'm hoping they do, but I've got a niggling feeling that they won't take the risk :( xx

Cosmic_Link
05-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Oh noes! Damn it 2K! :beee:

I hope if they do decide to release a Bioshock Infinite CE, it's really limited and numbered. I think the main problem was the Bioshock 2 CE was there was loads of them! >.< Could pick them up for a fraction of the price weeks later, which was a shame because IMO, it was a nice CE!

Here's hoping they make a nice CE for this! ^o^ Atleast it's another item I don't have to worry about paying for this year! :ghey:

davidw
05-09-2012, 02:58 PM
was reading a rumour that said Take Two (who own both Rockstar and Irrational Games) might have delayed Bioshock so they could bring GTA5 out in October - don't know if it's true but it sounds more plausible than most rumours are...

vhal_x
05-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Oh noes! Damn it 2K! :beee:

I hope if they do decide to release a Bioshock Infinite CE, it's really limited and numbered. I think the main problem was the Bioshock 2 CE was there was loads of them! >.< Could pick them up for a fraction of the price weeks later, which was a shame because IMO, it was a nice CE!

Here's hoping they make a nice CE for this! ^o^ Atleast it's another item I don't have to worry about paying for this year! :ghey:

That's what I'm hoping for Cosmic, and the second part I've bolded is definitely what I'm thinking haha :P

The latter end of this year seems to be quite sparse of CEs... Probably quite a good thing though (until 1500 more are announced :facepalm:) xx

Solemn_In_Berlin
05-09-2012, 03:05 PM

Ken really wants a limited edition to be really limited, so if they're having one for Infinite, it'd be great. It's a shame if the game won't have a CE, given how the game is looking to be one of the best of all time, but it's not really something I'd get very sad about, because NECA will be making Sky-Hooks. :asplode:

As for the delay, at first I was like:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQyRbj46bhhhuCAHzQWhVwI5sb87gRS 094xx5iu5Zu0mqfiHSQC-wIGqAN5w

Then I was like:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/profiles/icons/big/000/110/902/Flipping%20Tables.jpg

Now I'm like:

http://www.terrariaonline.com/attachments/okay-meme-jpg.3008/

But then, I remember that Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed III, Sly 4, Tomb Raider, the Ratchet and Clank Collection and Resident Evil 6 are more than enough to keep me busy for the third and fourth quarters of 2012.

At least it doesn't have to compete sales-wise with Halo 4 and Black Ops II now, eh?

tonybsg
05-09-2012, 04:56 PM
I really hope they release a CE for Bioshock Infinite.

Bioshock 2 CE was incredible. I don't mind that it's not limited, it was a fantastic edition for the fans with great stuff inside.

HIPPEEDUDE
05-10-2012, 05:23 AM
Major bummer,was really looking forward to this.
As for a CE,simply put there has to be,yes Bioshock 2
may have been a slight flop but,to me its still a great item.
I have a funny feeling that 2k already have details of what
sort of collectors edition they will have. Wether,its just me
reading into things but in the article it was said we dont just
want to put it in a box & sell it sorta thing,not a case or whatever.
The word box was used,that must be some sign of something in the wind.
Either that or i am extremely optomistic or hopeful,lol

gurpswoo1
05-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Wether,its just me
reading into things but in the article it was said we dont just
want to put it in a box & sell it sorta thing,not a case or whatever.
The word box was used,that must be some sign of something in the wind.
Either that or i am extremely optomistic or hopeful,lol

That could also mean Digital Download, although more likely a Collector's Edition of some sort.

I agree that Bioshock 2 CE was one of the best Editions releases, I think it even won the best Collector's edition in CE.org awards.

Maybe they learnt their lesson and will massively reduce the number produced.

fattyuk
05-10-2012, 11:03 PM
That could also mean Digital Download, although more likely a Collector's Edition of some sort.

I agree that Bioshock 2 CE was one of the best Editions releases, I think it even won the best Collector's edition in CE.org awards.

Maybe they learnt their lesson and will massively reduce the number produced.

I hope theres a really good CE but is mass produced to a certain extent and then a proper limited over priced one!

still no words yet from 2k although I'll have to admit I'm looking forward to seeing what the CE is but a million times more looking forward to the game!!

Then once this is out of the way they can crack on with bioshock vita - I need more rapture lol

ingmar1988
10-18-2012, 01:48 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8465/8096931717_a43af6b85e_z.jpg

Imagine you get to work with Robb Waters, the concept artist who visualized the cover of System Shock. The Trickster in Thief. Man-Bot in Freedom Force. BioShock’s Little Sisters. Sander Cohen. And BioShock Infinite’s Songbird.

Now imagine you can get him to personally conceive and oversee the production of the coolest statue in the world.

Then imagine we put that huge sucker in a period-style box, with custom artwork by Robb and Irrational concept artist Jorge Lacera. And that box went IN the collector’s edition box so you could leave that guy unpunched in his original packaging while you tear happily into the rest of the goodies.

Now imagine that 9-and-a-half-inch statue looked like this…

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8050/8096931549_4873d81e14_z.jpg

That monster is what's in the Ultimate Songbird Edition of BioShock Infinite. But if your sugar daddy won't pony up for the whole megillah, there's also the Premium Edition, which includes a giant pile of swag:

A 3-inch baby version keychain of the sold-out Murder of Crows vigor bottle replica.
A 5 x 7-inch lithograph by Jorge Lacera.
A 25 millimeter, resin-cast Handyman miniature from the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game by Plaid Hat Games, makers of Summoner Wars.
A mini art book, full of BioShock Infinite concept art and commentary, with a hand-distressed cover.
Various digital goodies: exclusive in-game gear, a digital soundtrack and downloadable themes.

Price CE will be 149.99 dollar
Price for premium Edition (without statue) will be 79.99

Dreamcazman
10-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Kickarse! I was wondering when the CE's would be announced.

kennyrh
10-18-2012, 02:15 PM
That's stunning mate . . .thanks for the info :bananayes:

kittychloe
10-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Australians are going to pay through the nose if amazon doesn't get or ship to us

Cosmic_Link
10-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Awesome! ^^ When's pre-orders being taken? I need this!! 0.0

One gripe though... Downloadable soundtrack... -_- what has happened!? Are there no more factories in the world pressing Audio CDs...? -_-

Solemn_In_Berlin
10-18-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm also disappointed by the fact that the soundtrack's digital but... the Murder of Crows keychain, the Handyman miniature and the Songbird statue all have their own packaging. :drool:

Letrico
10-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Australians are going to pay through the nose if amazon doesn't get or ship to us

this will be at least 238 at this rate. Maybe breaking the price of the most expensive CE in australia?

Vlad
10-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Welp, here comes the period between it being announced and being able to order where I obsessively check and worry about missing out because this is one that I have to get, heh.

Twisted
10-18-2012, 06:15 PM
is that video game boxart on the gamebox official?..i mean that's it?..for the normal game?..just a logo with a sky background?

Madigan
10-18-2012, 09:25 PM
I don't think so, they always use a generic logo and background for pre-orders or CEs before the official box art.

EDIT: Here's a bigger picture

http://i.minus.com/iWysKM5f4MY3o.jpg

It doesn't look that bad, I love the colors.

Letrico
10-18-2012, 11:26 PM
ERMAHGERD. ebgames AU selling at a very good price

Dreamcazman
10-18-2012, 11:39 PM
ERMAHGERD. ebgames AU selling at a very good price
Just noticed it, got it preordered. :D

$168, I was expecting a lot worse. :whew:

themidlandmaster
10-18-2012, 11:43 PM
this will be at least 238 at this rate. Maybe breaking the price of the most expensive CE in australia?

curent record is 250 for resident evil

Letrico
10-18-2012, 11:50 PM

I think current record is GT5 Signature at 299.

XD

and Cazman you can preorder at mightyape much much cheaper especially the PC version

Dreamcazman
10-18-2012, 11:50 PM
F**k that, even I have my limits. :P

Dreamcazman
10-18-2012, 11:51 PM
and Cazman you can preorder at mightyape much much cheaper especially the PC version
I'll be getting it on 360. A friend of mine runs an EB store, so I'd rather pay the extra, pickup instore and make sure I get a nice minty copy. :)

Letrico
10-18-2012, 11:53 PM
I'll be getting it on 360. A friend of mine runs an EB store, so I'd rather pay the extra, pickup instore and make sure I get a nice minty copy. :)

thats awesome. no staff price for you? lol

Dreamcazman
10-18-2012, 11:55 PM
thats awesome. no staff price for you? lol
I can try.

Letrico
10-19-2012, 12:48 AM
One of the most lovely CE around. Now to find CE from bioshock 1 that i missed out

ingmar1988
10-19-2012, 01:06 AM
I think current record is GT5 Signature at 299.

XD

Wont the Black Ops 2 CE (with the helicopter), be more expensive? At least in holland its the most expensive CE i think at 175 euro (seems to be sold out)

Anyways pre ordered this CE now at dutch store for 139.99 (maybe can get cheaper if it turns up on amazon uk).

NaughtyDogJames
10-19-2012, 01:37 AM
It won't it's exclusive to game and gamestation in the Uk.

Letrico
10-19-2012, 01:37 AM
Wont the Black Ops 2 CE (with the helicopter), be more expensive? At least in holland its the most expensive CE i think at 175 euro (seems to be sold out)

Anyways pre ordered this CE now at dutch store for 139.99 (maybe can get cheaper if it turns up on amazon uk).

We get ripped off at 1.5x RRP than the rest of the world so it kinda sucks when certain company decided to go 2x RRP as well.

I think black ops 2 CE was 238AUD dont remember I missed out because I was waiting lol

themidlandmaster
10-19-2012, 01:51 AM
Only 227 actually

Juma
10-19-2012, 05:17 AM
I told myself that i would buy this when it gets cheap, but now i have to pre order because the quantities are limited ...my wallet is crying and so do i :(

I_BE_WILL
10-19-2012, 06:31 AM
just pre-ordered it, i'm hoping the replica gun comes out the same day so i don't have to make two trips into town to pick it up. i'm a bit bummed that the Artbook is just a tiny version of the Artbook being released separately, but thats the only gripe i have.

Xmo
10-19-2012, 06:32 AM
I told myself that i would buy this when it gets cheap, but now i have to pre order because the quantities are limited ...my wallet is crying and so do i :(

Now when I see 2k and "limited" come together, it does not fit very well.

adam1289
10-19-2012, 08:51 AM

Yeah when I noticed this was 2K I paused before making my pre-order. Hope this won't be like the Borderlands 2 ULCE. Also the price is good at $168 compared to $150USD, much better than the outrageous $144 for the God of War Ascension CE.

vhal_x
10-19-2012, 09:09 AM

Any idea when it will go up for preorder? xx

tonybsg
10-19-2012, 09:32 AM

How to you know this?

Cause in the official preorder site lists many uk retailers. I hope you are wrong! :D

Any idea when it will go up for preorder? xx

The official announcement says October 22nd. :)

Madigan
10-19-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm gonna wait a price drop, the only thing I want is that statue, the rest looks meh, and I have the real artbook on pre-order

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1595829946/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

vhal_x
10-19-2012, 09:39 AM
I've got the real artbook on order too :) Will be a pretty stunning artbook I imagine. Will be getting this CE too, though xx

LowlyAssassin
10-19-2012, 10:54 AM
sold
I'll be skipping BioShock 2 and just getting this

kittychloe
10-19-2012, 12:18 PM
sold
I'll be skipping BioShock 2 and just getting this

You can pick up bioshock 2 ce for $20

adam1289
10-19-2012, 01:20 PM
You can pick up bioshock 2 ce for $20

From where?

kittychloe
10-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Mightyape had them for sale a bit ago, I think there about 30 on amazon

Cosmic_Link
10-19-2012, 10:55 PM

Yeah, this was my thought exactly. Was gutted that the Bioshock 2 CE tanked so bad as I thought it was a nice CE. Proper Artbook, proper Soundtrack, Nice package, copy of the game, suitable price to suit. A perfect example of a great CE package IMO.

Anyway, haven't decided whether to jump straight at it, or hold out and see if I can get one cheap.

Viridius
10-19-2012, 10:57 PM
yeah i think i picked up a copy for like $50 a few months after they were released. its making me think twice about picking this up at launch...

Twisted
10-20-2012, 12:30 AM
Bioshock is more established and popular than ever..there is a lot of hype surrounding this installment in the series..expect plenty of special editions and collectors editions being made worldwide...chances are you can pick one up discounted soon afters, just on a side note..saw the so called extremely limited Max Payne 3 collectors edition, that i paid $100 for from amazon now knocked down to $39 on amazon.com ..thats one heck of a deal, for the game, all the extra stuff and the figure.

Vlad
10-20-2012, 01:37 AM
..thats one heck of a deal, for the game, all the extra stuff and the figure.

Heh, except for that face on the figure, looks closer to Homer Simpson than Max Payne.

Although I do really like the prints, framed them and stuck them up above my computer monitor.

ingmar1988
10-23-2012, 06:54 PM
***added ultimate songbird edition to database***
will add premium edition soon as well.

ingmar1988
10-23-2012, 06:57 PM
***added ultimate songbird edition to database***

ingmar1988
10-24-2012, 03:08 PM
***added premium edition to database***

I_BE_WILL
10-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Has anyone managed to get onto the pre-order game yet? i've just tried to get on with a code from MightyApe and it didn't work, and i don't want to use the spare.

RotesTier
11-03-2012, 08:12 AM
I want this sooooo badly!!

kittychloe
12-04-2012, 02:39 PM
not sure how accurate but seems this is the box art

http://images.vg247.com/current//2012/12/20121203_bioshock_infinite_cover.jpg

comaamen86
12-04-2012, 08:53 PM
not sure how accurate but seems this is the box art

http://images.vg247.com/current//2012/12/20121203_bioshock_infinite_cover.jpg

yeah it is, there was an article on n4g, fans kicking off saying it is horrible, i think it is quite nice personally.

kittychloe
12-04-2012, 10:56 PM
I would have prefered one of the others, or the girl on the front, im not to big a fan of the battlefield glowy hand syndrome.. But it could be worse, and pal might get a different cover

Legendary Drinker
12-05-2012, 12:10 AM
ljJdqe5aB80#!

Matrix6
12-07-2012, 01:54 PM
New release date: March 26th 2013
:v:

comaamen86
03-03-2013, 02:35 PM
gamestop uk united kingdom pre order steelbook added to db

ebgames.com.au Australian pre order steelbook added to DB

flatout
03-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Can't wait for this!! I literally pre-ordered the Songbird Edition the day it was announced (wanted a collectors edition announcement for months before they actually announced it).
http://i48.tinypic.com/16m12cl.jpg

That statue will look nice in my collection, right next to my new Kratos statue from the Ascension CE.

I got a question for all who are getting this, will you leave the Songbird Statue (and the other items) in their boxes... assuming you are buying to open the main box like me?

Dreamcazman
03-04-2013, 09:13 AM
I got a question for all who are getting this, will you leave the Songbird Statue (and the other items) in their boxes... assuming you are buying to open the main box like me?
If I got space to display it, I'll take it out of the box.

Actually it will look good next to my Columbia statue. ;)

vhal_x
03-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Yeah, assuming I can find a space to display it, it'll be out of it's box & on display. But things are getting tight (or rather, they've been tight for ages!) here, so unsure of space. Might have to rearrange the collection soon to try and make some space xx

Cosmic_Link
03-04-2013, 09:27 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/16m12cl.jpg

That Ichigo statue is awesome! :drool:

I'm not getting the Songbird Ed. Would like to, but don't want to pay the price after the last Bioshock CE tanked. Not to mention, I don't really have the space. Especially with already having 4 statues on order for this year! >.<

HIPPEEDUDE
03-04-2013, 01:13 PM
I had the Songbird edition ordered even before it had a name or even new what the CE would be,lol. I kind of had a suspicion it would be something good & i'm glad i ordered it. Will probably stay in the box for me. Got lots of shelves but still not enough space,tis a burden we all must bear:(

Matt16
03-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Really looking forward to this; I ordered it as soon as it came up on game but I'm worried it'll go the same way as Bioshock 2 and end up really cheap. Part of me wants to wait but I can't decide :(

flatout
03-04-2013, 10:24 PM
That Ichigo statue is awesome! :drool:

I'm not getting the Songbird Ed. Would like to, but don't want to pay the price after the last Bioshock CE tanked. Not to mention, I don't really have the space. Especially with already having 4 statues on order for this year! >.<

The Ichigo statue was from eBay... it is really nice and has 3 different heads I can use (red striped mask, black striped mask, and no mask... I had to ask for the red striped mask). It is really nice surprisingly (considering it is just a china made one), but they are I suppose... and it is the only one I have seen that looks good.

Yeah space issue is why I changed my setup.

Really looking forward to this; I ordered it as soon as it came up on game but I'm worried it'll go the same way as Bioshock 2 and end up really cheap. Part of me wants to wait but I can't decide :(

There is a big difference between this one and Bio 2... Bio2 didn't sell a lot of CEs and that is why they tanked, plus I think Songbird Edition is having more restriction on production ( could be wrong on both).

Letrico
03-04-2013, 11:23 PM
Songbird definitely have lesser production. Probably similar to Bioshock 1. It seems to sold out quite quick in the states and they stopped preorder 2 months before release date here in Australia. I think publishers are cautious with the unsold Limited Edition now. The recent CEs have quite limited run compare to last year.

Matt16
03-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Cheers guys, I feel better now :)

I'll keep my pre-order

flatout
03-04-2013, 11:48 PM
Yeah I thought it was much more limited... even Ken said it was fairly limited if I remember correctly.

Assassins Creed 3 on the other hand had tons of CEs produced and they all sold so I don't them limiting them more... I see them going even further which will devalue them IMO... but Assassins Creed stopped being amazing for me after Brotherhood, Revelations was a disaster story wise (I had to force myself to keep playing just for the story info) and I had the same issue with AC3. I could be just burnt out on it but I don't think that is so because i can still play AC2 and love it still.

Dreamcazman
03-05-2013, 05:11 AM
There is a big difference between this one and Bio 2... Bio2 didn't sell a lot of CEs and that is why they tanked, plus I think Songbird Edition is having more restriction on production ( could be wrong on both).
Yeah I was a bit bummed with #2 that there were so many available. Although I'm glad I preordered the Songbird edition when I did because they sold out fairly quickly.

ison
03-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Xmm the uk version is still available...how come the us/australia ones sold out that quick?

Problem is you must pay upfront (game.co.uk) to get it so i cannot preorder and cancel if i dont have the $$$.

Any recommendations? Should i get or wait after release?

vhal_x
03-05-2013, 09:21 AM
You don't have to pay up front with Game.co.uk ? Unless you use paypal (but I'm not sure if Paypal is allowed on the site yet, I just use my card) xx

ison
03-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Thank you dindnt notice that you could use a cc as opposite to paypal.. made the preorder and i will probably cancel god of war ascension one...hope i wont regret it.

Do you know when you get the dl code ? After you pay i presume? Didnt get anything at checkout (code was missing)

vhal_x
03-05-2013, 10:20 AM
They send the codes out in batches every month or so, if I remember correctly. Since the game comes out this month, the email will probably be sent to you the day before release (since this will be the last batch of codes) xx

tonybsg
03-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Thank you dindnt notice that you could use a cc as opposite to paypal.. made the preorder and i will probably cancel god of war ascension one...hope i wont regret it.

Do you know when you get the dl code ? After you pay i presume? Didnt get anything at checkout (code was missing)

ison, game.uk probably won't send you the CE due to its size (many times before have cancelled big CE's).

ison
03-05-2013, 10:58 AM
ison, game.uk probably won't send you the CE due to its size (many times before have cancelled big CE's).

Xmm tony have you ordered it as well? maybe i can find a nice person to sent it from uk.

I remember about that restriction from game...but i also remember that they would sent the item anyways (without taking account the weight).

blockbusterboy
03-16-2013, 01:51 PM
I've no idea where the songbird figure is going to go. It looks quite a size for my humble space.

Talking things Infinite I've got to do some overtime as I'm way behind in the Fink factory.

tonybsg
03-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Xmm tony have you ordered it as well? maybe i can find a nice person to sent it from uk.

I remember about that restriction from game...but i also remember that they would sent the item anyways (without taking account the weight).

Sorry for the late response mate!

I have ordered it from amazon.com and amazon.fr, I'll probably cancel my amazon.fr order though due to the fact that it might be localized.

If any french member know anything more, please do tell. :)

ison
03-16-2013, 11:19 PM
Sorry for the late response mate!

I have ordered it from amazon.com and amazon.fr, I'll probably cancel my amazon.fr order though due to the fact that it might be localized.

If any french member know anything more, please do tell. :)

Xmm amazon.com? Does it even ship to greece? Maybe you mean amazon.co.uk?

flatout
03-17-2013, 05:30 PM
I've no idea where the songbird figure is going to go. It looks quite a size for my humble space.

Talking things Infinite I've got to do some overtime as I'm way behind in the Fink factory.

I have room on top of my new cabinet... although I may have to move the ones that are currently up there inside the cabinet.

All i really know is I WILL be finding a place to show this bad boy off.

tonybsg
03-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Xmm amazon.com? Does it even ship to greece? Maybe you mean amazon.co.uk?

No, no amazon.com. With their new Amazon Global Program, you have two options, Amazon Global Expedited and Amazon Global Priority, with both options you pay in advance import taxes etc.

Very reliable, no problems with custom fees.

blockbusterboy
03-18-2013, 01:09 AM
I have room on top of my new cabinet... although I may have to move the ones that are currently up there inside the cabinet.

All i really know is I WILL be finding a place to show this bad boy off.

I guess as my Alien egg is film as opposed to game related then I'll put the songbird between Connor and Alduin and find somewhere else for the Alien Anthology egg.

bazzaffc
03-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Hi guys somehow missed this Songbird edition and now looks like it's sold out on game.co.uk, anyone no another way of getting it in the UK without paying loads on eBay?
Cheers!

I_BE_WILL
03-18-2013, 12:01 PM
My songbird will sit proudly next to my Columbia Statue, Connors' and Ezio....once I find and job and move into my new rented house haha. My difficulty is finding a place for the skyhook :s

Dreamcazman
03-18-2013, 12:20 PM
My songbird will sit proudly next to my Columbia Statue, Connors' and Ezio....once I find and job and move into my new rented house haha. My difficulty is finding a place for the skyhook :s
I'll have mine next to my Columbia statue also. I was going to pick up the skyhook but decided against it - got the statue instead. :P

I_BE_WILL
03-18-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm happy with my statue, even though I got shafted AFTER it was posted. Skyhook was $148 when I preordered and was $128 when it was released but I'd paid $148 in trade in so I wasn't too fussed. I can't wait til the Songbird plush comes out though, I'm hoping to find both Bioshock 2 ones to join it.

Murtera
03-18-2013, 01:46 PM
Bah, missed the preorder on this. Wife restricted me at that point and now I have the $$ for it. Of course it's still available for xbox everywhere and not PS3 :(

Dreamcazman
03-19-2013, 10:47 AM
EB put up the Songbird edition again this afternoon, must be from cancelled preorders.

Get in quick if you want one, only on 360 (https://www.ebgames.com.au/xbox360-160131-BioShock-Infinite---Ultimate-Songbird-Collectors-Edition-Xbox-360) & PC (https://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-160136-BioShock-Infinite---Ultimate-Songbird-Collectors-Edition-PC).

bazzaffc
03-19-2013, 11:03 AM
Dam, anyone know of any UK editions around anywhere?

HIPPEEDUDE
03-19-2013, 11:05 AM
EB put up the Songbird edition again this afternoon, must be from cancelled preorders.

Get in quick if you want one, only on 360 (https://www.ebgames.com.au/xbox360-160131-BioShock-Infinite---Ultimate-Songbird-Collectors-Edition-Xbox-360) & PC (https://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-160136-BioShock-Infinite---Ultimate-Songbird-Collectors-Edition-PC).

Thats good for those who missed out & i love the "strictly 1 per customer" bit in big letters,going to put the re-sellers out of business,lol

PC version is now gone,that was quick:)

DESOUL
03-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to buy the xbox version from gamestop, but they wont accept non american credit cards >_<

Can anyone help me with it please?

Christown
03-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Also after a Songbird on PS3 but can't find one anywhere.

I was so excited when I saw EB post on their facebook page they had some more, then I saw it was 360 and PC only. :(

MadMan5
03-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Bah, missed the preorder on this. Wife restricted me at that point and now I have the $$ for it. Of course it's still available for xbox everywhere and not PS3 :(
Going for a song on Amazon from $400 - $1000. I can see why some just get into this to make money.

HIPPEEDUDE
03-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Going for a song on Amazon from $400 - $1000. I can see why some just get into this to make money.

This is the bane of a true collectors existance,the many people that have no love or interest in something. They buy it simply to profit from the unfortunate who werent quick enough to buy something because some idiot bought 20 of them minutes earlier to re-sell to the poor collector who missed out. Sucks humugous donkey sausage big time

Matt16
03-20-2013, 12:50 PM

What a set of wankers, I hope they get eaten by a horde of angry beavers when they answer the door to the postman!!

Dreamcazman
03-20-2013, 01:33 PM
I actually checked up the price these are going for in Australia and not too many have been sold and the ones that have been are only going for between $250-$300.

Not really worth the effort once you factor in ebay & paypal fees.

Kyle Katarn
03-20-2013, 04:00 PM
This is the bane of a true collectors existance,the many people that have no love or interest in something. They buy it simply to profit from the unfortunate who werent quick enough to buy something because some idiot bought 20 of them minutes earlier to re-sell to the poor collector who missed out. Sucks humugous donkey sausage big time

I suspect that we are close to the bursting of a speculative bubble similar to the one that hit the comics in the 90's, if anyone knows what I mean.
At that time there were a lot of variant covers that sold a lot, but only because many people buy them to resell them at higher prices to the collectors.

KIERONOO
03-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Mine has been shipped :D

vhal_x
03-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Mine shipped early this morning :D xx

AndyTheCollector
03-21-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm still wondering why isn't there any single unboxing video of Premium and Songbird Editions by some videogame media or so? Only a few days to launch and nothing. Maybe that embargo covers also unboxing videos.

richy rude
03-21-2013, 03:00 PM
and another one to the list guys :bananayes:

richy rude
03-21-2013, 03:03 PM
I'm still wondering why isn't there any single unboxing video of Premium and Songbird Editions by some videogame media or so? Only a few days to launch and nothing. Maybe that embargo covers also unboxing videos.

Maybe Ken keeps all the SB's cooped up at his house? lol. But yeah I'm surprised by that too.

kennyrh
03-21-2013, 05:06 PM
You know, the more I read the description at GAME for the Songbird CE the more convinced i am that this is just gonna be the Premium Edition with the statue entirely seperate.

That's really gonna pee me off if that's the case. Any thoughts ??

richy rude
03-21-2013, 05:13 PM
You know, the more I read the description at GAME for the Songbird CE the more convinced i am that this is just gonna be the Premium Edition with the statue entirely seperate.

That's really gonna pee me off if that's the case. Any thoughts ??

I think all the SB CE contents (inc the actual SB) will be arrive in one big box (sealed) but the actual box the SB comes in won't be sealed. That's what a birdie at irrational games told me.

kennyrh
03-21-2013, 05:17 PM
That would do me matey. Hope you're songbird is correct with the info :v:

AndyTheCollector
03-21-2013, 05:26 PM
I've pre-ordered Premium Edition and I'm really curious how will boxes for both editions look like.

KIERONOO
03-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Well they sent me a email around 10 saying your order has been shipped in 2 consignments I don't know what that means?

KIERONOO
03-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Also as I've never preordered with game before if it was shipped this morning with express UK delivery does anyone know when I should expect it and who is actually delivering it? I thought they would have tracking numbers :/

Vlad
03-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Mine was shipped too :D

Although is the replica Sky Hook any good?
I really want one and to be honest, I don't know if I can resist ?50 for one compared to the ?85+ I'm seeing everywhere else.

ison
03-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Same here says the order is shipped.

kennyrh
03-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Well they sent me a email around 10 saying your order has been shipped in 2 consignments I don't know what that means?

I think it might be something to do with the pre-order bonus game that you should have got a code for via email. For some reason they seem to be classifying it as a physical item.

flatout
03-21-2013, 09:22 PM
I didn;t order mine online this time, I am going to do the midnight thing for a few reason.

First the manager went to PAX East and is going to try and get me a signed poster from Kem, and he is giving me some store swag... and this game is one of the only games worht me going out at mid night to get.

Sorry to all who are looking for a Songbird Edition, I remember i wanted to pre-order one way before they even announced a CE... as soon as they did I put my money down on that same day.

If I see one I will post it in this thread and the quickest shall prevail (only fair way really).

richy rude
03-21-2013, 09:42 PM
That would do me matey. Hope you're songbird is correct with the info :v:

They said outer box/packaging was sealed but the song bird box wasn't. So I assume the it would all come inside a larger box?

Anyway we'll see. Fingers crossed :drool:

blockbusterboy
03-22-2013, 12:16 AM
Just to say mine,also, is on it's way.

flatout
03-22-2013, 12:30 AM
How are they shipping your out already? it doesn't release for another 5 days. I'm pretty sure over here in the US when I buy from GameStop online i have ot get the 1 day shipping (which is very cheap... like $11) and they guarantee it for release day or your shipping cost back.

But we can;t choose the 5 day option and have them send it out 5 days earlier... at least I don't think it works that way over here.

Dreamcazman
03-22-2013, 06:07 AM
You probably find it takes roughly two days to get delivered and when you factor in the weekend, they'll get it Monday/Tuesday.

Dreamcazman
03-22-2013, 10:24 AM
IGN's (http://au.ign.com/games/bioshock-infinite/xbox-360-14258637) review is in - 9.4! :D

flatout
03-22-2013, 01:06 PM
You probably find it takes roughly two days to get delivered and when you factor in the weekend, they'll get it Monday/Tuesday.

Yeah but Monday would be early... I think the boxes here in the US say not to deliver by that date.

IGN's (http://au.ign.com/games/bioshock-infinite/xbox-360-14258637) review is in - 9.4! :D

I saw that last night... the PC version got a 9.5.

Vlad
03-22-2013, 02:03 PM

Haha, the only trouble being it's IGN. (http://i.imgur.com/SLQJc.gif) :P

I'm really glad I ordered the Sky Hook though, checked last night just a short while after I got it from Game for ?50 and they had sold out.
Heh, didn't want to speak too soon but got a shipping confirmation there.

flatout
03-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Haha, the only trouble being it's IGN. (http://i.imgur.com/SLQJc.gif) :P

I'm really glad I ordered the Sky Hook though, checked last night just a short while after I got it from Game for ?50 and they had sold out.
Heh, didn't want to speak too soon but got a shipping confirmation there.

IGN isnt really that bad just some of the employees are.. lol. But really every single review not matter what is just an opinion at the end of the day and doesn't mean as much as people try to take from it.

Darksiders 1 only got a "7.X" but I still think it is one of the best games... (I'm probably a small minority when it comes to that).

Not putting you down but the Skyhook just looks cheap because it is fully make of plastic.

I would have paid double (or more) for a real material one.

But most of the reviews for it are positive so I hope you enjoy it ;)

AndyTheCollector
03-22-2013, 02:31 PM
"Columbia is best reserved with a mouse and keyboard - 9,5/10". :bananayes::v:

Vlad
03-22-2013, 03:10 PM
snip

Haha, I was just kidding with the IGN pic, it wasn't meant to be taken at all seriously :P ;)

Although I'd disagree slightly about it looking cheap, sure, it's all plastic and they'll be trying to make each unit for as little as possible but I think it looks well done with the leather sections and the engraved sections - Especially compared to other ones they've done like the Gears lancers or even the Portal device which looks nice enough from a distance but up close it looks and feels like that really cheap shiny plastic.

flatout
03-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Haha, I was just kidding with the IGN pic, it wasn't meant to be taken at all seriously :P ;)

Although I'd disagree slightly about it looking cheap, sure, it's all plastic and they'll be trying to make each unit for as little as possible but I think it looks well done with the leather sections and the engraved sections - Especially compared to other ones they've done like the Gears lancers or even the Portal device which looks nice enough from a distance but up close it looks and feels like that really cheap shiny plastic.

I didn't say the design was cheap... just the material.

And yes the plastic leather and plastic engraved sections look good but they are still plastic.

This is just how I feel about it, that is all. I just wish they offered a casted metal one (didn't need to move) with faux leather.

tonybsg
03-22-2013, 09:14 PM
First PAL Unboxing of Ultimate Songbird Edition

1ooHjvBEzZg?hl=el_GR&amp;version=3

Christown
03-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Already been removed because of a claim by Take 2.

tonybsg
03-22-2013, 09:40 PM
It was the UK version, as the uploader told me.

The statue is the big thing in this edition, the keychain was nice (came in a separate box), the handyman miniature is... really a miniature (came in a separate box as well), the others are as we expect them to be.

Christown
03-22-2013, 09:42 PM
I'm sure some more will pop up soon, have to be quick to watch though.

Letrico
03-23-2013, 12:30 AM
Video is private sob

Christown
03-23-2013, 04:27 AM
Found this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BF_03U2CAAAgExK.jpg

I_BE_WILL
03-23-2013, 04:57 AM
I just got to have a look at one, didn't get to unbox it fully though. Songbird comes in a separate box that is identical to the rest of the Bioshock packaging so I'm pleased.

EDIT: any really nice members want to pick up any midnight launch posters for me, pretty please.....

CaptainJackHarknes
03-23-2013, 08:18 AM
So they restocked this at Gamestop, and at Irrational Store - safe to say this shit will price drop and leave us high and dry paying well over $60 more for this piece of shit collector's edition? I think so...I canceled my CE preorder.

Letrico
03-23-2013, 09:48 AM
So they restocked this at Gamestop, and at Irrational Store - safe to say this shit will price drop and leave us high and dry paying well over $60 more for this piece of shit collector's edition? I think so...I canceled my CE preorder.

Keep hoping mate. One thing for sure it will not drop price here in Australia. Most probably increase

AltmanZA
03-23-2013, 11:23 AM
I'll just leave this over here.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zff8Mq19D2Q

Songbird/Alduin size comparison
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/Gn4rk1ll/bio1.jpg
Songbird
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/Gn4rk1ll/9af269a8-8193-4f0b-a6c7-30a5e4d86470.jpg
Keychain
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/Gn4rk1ll/1b731db2-5075-4c83-9eec-ccc3d9372350.jpg
Handyman Figure
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/Gn4rk1ll/686988b2-8a73-4f7f-8ca5-7bda72c3123d.jpg
Litho
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/Gn4rk1ll/b52f67d3-6aee-4755-b490-35087bdaca5b.jpg
DLC Vouchers
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/Gn4rk1ll/f28a7e16-3563-4cef-ac41-30a08e2395bb.jpg
Artbook
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/Gn4rk1ll/91980b38-4cfe-4302-baca-4334b816e866.jpg
Front and Back alternate cover
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/Gn4rk1ll/0fcee325-29a5-469a-adef-324551b9f8fd.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/Gn4rk1ll/439a2608-380d-48bc-97f2-de7507a2c815.jpg
All Content
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/Gn4rk1ll/570436ed-1e30-40c7-8d24-39ef8205fa3b.jpg

bazzaffc
03-23-2013, 11:34 AM
I'll just leave this over here.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zff8Mq19D2Q

Looks great thanks for the video!

Ah cant believe I missed out on this, anyone got any links for a UK version anywhere???

toxicatom5
03-23-2013, 11:42 AM
That is some delicious hawt sauce! Thanks!

comaamen86
03-23-2013, 03:03 PM
that is so awesome i am crossing my fingers that the premuim edition does not sell out as i would like to pick it up when i get paid

bazzaffc
03-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Hi guys does anyone know if I purchase a copy from America if it will work on my UK xbox?

comaamen86
03-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Hi guys does anyone know if I purchase a copy from America if it will work on my UK xbox?

no sir no it will not

nipperkipper
03-23-2013, 09:25 PM
no sir no it will not

Bioshock was region free and i think NTSC US was region free as well so it could be for infinite as well?

bazzaffc
03-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Ah so one vote for No and one for yes?!?! Ha! Any other takers?

comaamen86
03-23-2013, 09:40 PM
if you buy it you are hedging your bets on a maybe

bazzaffc
03-23-2013, 09:45 PM
if you buy it you are hedging your bets on a maybe

Ha yer good shout!!

nipperkipper
03-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Ah so one vote for No and one for yes?!?! Ha! Any other takers?

Lol, i wasnt quite a yes, just saying there is a chance it could be, some 360 games are region free

Christown
03-23-2013, 10:51 PM
I noticed there seems to be more 360 copies available than PS3 and PC, they must have produced more copies for the 360.

AndyTheCollector
03-23-2013, 10:58 PM
I will take "don't know" option. :2cool: :D

Romeo
03-23-2013, 11:32 PM
I noticed there seems to be more 360 copies available than PS3 and PC, they must have produced more copies for the 360.

The series has been traditional developed on Xbox. The PS3 version is a port requiring a substantial install just to play the game.

bazzaffc
03-23-2013, 11:42 PM
Lol, i wasnt quite a yes, just saying there is a chance it could be, some 360 games are region free

Yer fair enough was probably more hoping that anything ha!

Mmmmm what to do buy it from America and risk it or pay over the top on eBay??

flatout
03-24-2013, 12:05 AM
The series has been traditional developed on Xbox. The PS3 version is a port requiring a substantial install just to play the game.

This was the case for Bio 1, but really it was only ported because of it's success... in the past PS3 always got the worse version because of the porting nature the devs were doing. But now they make 2 separate versions right off the bat, plus the PS3 version has been rumored to be better for this game (less frame rate drops ect...). These past few years PS3 games IMO have looked much better even "some" multi platform titles. Also the installs aren't there because of the fact it is ported this is just false, they do this because it makes the loading times shorter and because of the PS3's divided RAM.

Matt16
03-24-2013, 12:05 AM
Yer fair enough was probably more hoping that anything ha!

Mmmmm what to do buy it from America and risk it or pay over the top on eBay??

Buy it from America, if it doesn't play, sell just the base game and then buy the uk base game. Then mix your US songbird with English game, add some eggs and flour, cook for 30 mins and viola, uk songbird edition :D

If I don't make sense it because I have a headache and feel sorry for myself :(

mosavon
03-24-2013, 01:03 AM
**Thread Cleaned Up**

Please keep these CE Discussion Sub Forums free of bickering, the morals of buying more than 1 CE is not grounds for a forum ban, however unpopular this sort of thing is.

Dreamcazman
03-24-2013, 02:02 AM
There's more chance of the game being region free on 360 than not, so take the plunge. I've done it before with other games and it's always paid off.

The general rule of thumb is that if the game is an obscure title, it's more of a risk. Pretty much every big release these days is region free.

flatout
03-24-2013, 02:04 AM
It is a good bet Infinite will be region free like most... there hare only a handful that aren't, right?

HIPPEEDUDE
03-24-2013, 03:07 AM
Its region free. Even if you do whats been suggested & buy a US version then put a UK game in the box,you will have the problem of the outer box being marked somewhere as NTSC. If you then decide to sell it the buyer may be nasty & make a claim against you for fraud. It does happen.

Dreamcazman
03-24-2013, 04:24 AM
Its region free. Even if you do whats been suggested & buy a US version then put a UK game in the box,you will have the problem of the outer box being marked somewhere as NTSC. If you then decide to sell it the buyer may be nasty & make a claim against you for fraud. It does happen.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, depends on how anal you are. :lol: I did a similar thing with GTAIV, bought the local SE, traded the game back in and got the UK version as it was uncensored.

I can also confirm that BI is region free. Won't go into detail on how I know (and probably how Hippee knows also ;)) but the US version will definately play on PAL systems. :bananayes:

HIPPEEDUDE
03-24-2013, 04:38 AM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, depends on how anal you are. :lol: I did a similar thing with GTAIV, bought the local SE, traded the game back in and got the UK version as it was uncensored.

I can also confirm that BI is region free. Won't go into detail on how I know (and probably how Hippee knows also ;)) but the US version will definately play on PAL systems. :bananayes:

I have absolutely no idea at all what your talking about:scratch:

bazzaffc
03-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Cheers everyone thanks for the comments think I might just go for the US version not going to get it any other way so got to be worth a punt!

KIERONOO
03-24-2013, 01:13 PM
For anyone who pre ordered the songbird from game do you np know if it will come tomorrow and if it has a courier delivery?

vhal_x
03-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Should be a courier delivery since they cost more than ?100, but I've not received a tracking number or anything so not sure.

It should come on release date though, which is Tuesday, is it not? xx

KIERONOO
03-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Normally when I order from game they come a day early

vhal_x
03-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Yeah, they can sometimes come a day early as they ship a few days prior to release, but I imagine with a courier delivery especially, they will be held until release date.

I rarely get stuff early now (although a year ago, I'd rarely not get stuff early!) xx

mosavon
03-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Should be a courier delivery since they cost more than ?100, but I've not received a tracking number or anything so not sure.

I had a text message from DPD the courier, saying they were delivering my GAME package Friday 22nd, must have been an error nothing turned up.

Thought it was a bit early :haha:

comaamen86
03-24-2013, 08:17 PM
d9sN9MMoLaI

le premium edition if you are wondering how it comes packaged

flatout
03-24-2013, 08:29 PM

Yeah it is Tuesday for the US... must be the same day or the day after for EU.

comaamen86
03-24-2013, 08:44 PM
Yeah it is Tuesday for the US... must be the same day or the day after for EU.

same day fell, tuesday is a typical us release dates never understood in the uk it is friday which is nice as you have the weekend to enjoy it

narg
03-24-2013, 10:17 PM
I am little disappointed from size of bonus items, I HATE, really HATE dvd size stuff like artbook, posters etc WTF is A5 size posters ???

and lots of new game have it, tomb raider, aliens, for Gods sake, who have this sick idea ? find him and kill him !

I have done a blood sacrifice to blizzard gods, that they make clasics size CE artbooks!!

really wtf novadays (and ask full price for this shit)

flatout
03-24-2013, 10:51 PM
I am little disappointed from size of bonus items, I HATE, really HATE dvd size stuff like artbook, posters etc WTF is A5 size posters ???

and lots of new game have it, tomb raider, aliens, for Gods sake, who have this sick idea ? find him and kill him !

I have done a blood sacrifice to blizzard gods, that they make clasics size CE artbooks!!

really wtf novadays (and ask full price for this shit)

With Infinite there are tons of bigger Lithos and there is also an Artbook like what you are asking for... you have to buy them separately. So just sell the ones from the CE to pay for or help pay for the ones you want.

http://www.amazon.com/The-BioShock-Infinite-Irrational-Games/dp/1595829946

https://store.irrationalgames.com/Category.aspx?c=Art

I imagine they do this to keep the cost down. But I would say Infinite and MGRR's CEs weren't/aren't really worth the quite what they are asking but close (talking about cost to make the items not collectors value).

AndyTheCollector
03-24-2013, 10:56 PM
To narg : Yeah, I agree in terms of artbooks. But posters and lithographs are something different and this Devil's Kiss thing is litho not a poster. :)

Phenomenal Flea
03-25-2013, 07:47 AM
Darn, I had my bets waged on the 360 port being better, but apparently it's the PS3 version that has the edge. I preordered the Songbird Edition for 360, but does anybody know of anywhere that has the PS3 Songbird Edition in stock? I guess I should wait for Digital Foundry to make the final verdict, but I was hoping somebody might know of some place I can keep my eye on.

flatout
03-25-2013, 07:54 AM
Darn, I had my bets waged on the 360 port being better, but apparently it's the PS3 version that has the edge. I preordered the Songbird Edition for 360, but does anybody know of anywhere that has the PS3 Songbird Edition in stock? I guess I should wait for Digital Foundry to make the final verdict, but I was hoping somebody might know of some place I can keep my eye on.

If i see one i will let you know but as of now all PS3 ones I have seen are sold out on sites.

The 360 version is still in stock on GameStop.com.

The difference between the versions, even if the PS3 version slightly beats out the 360 version this time, will be minimal at best and not something I would worry about personally.

Phenomenal Flea
03-25-2013, 07:55 AM
Thanks, I'd appreciate it if you could.
Yeah, like you said, since the differences will be minimal, I'm not too distressed. After all, I have my Songbird Edition which I'll be picking up tomorrow, it's just I'd prefer to own the better port if I could. It's not a necessity, and I'm just grateful to get the game at all, haha!

Dreamcazman
03-25-2013, 08:03 AM
it's just I'd prefer to own the better port if I could. It's not a necessity, and I'm just grateful to get the game at all, haha!
I'm getting the 360 version and even though the PS3 version may have slightly better visuals, I'd rather have it on 360 due to other reasons...

1. I prefer the 360 controller
2. It's my main gaming platform and only use the PS3 for exclusives
3. I'm an achievement whore :lol:

kittychloe
03-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Had to cancel mine due to funds :(, oh well i will find one another time

Sylfaris
03-25-2013, 10:16 AM
ce arrived. Songbrid is in the same package as the game etc. oO duno who said they would be shipped seperatly.

14h left due it's playable (pc version ..... steam how much i hate you right now ...)

Dreamcazman
03-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Found another unboxing on Youtube, in Italian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPecoIQHQMc

kittychloe
03-25-2013, 10:35 AM
ce arrived. Songbrid is in the same package as the game etc. oO duno who said they would be shipped seperatly.

14h left due it's playable (pc version ..... steam how much i hate you right now ...)

You cant do a disc install like skyrim or saints row?

Sylfaris
03-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Sorry i was may be a bit unclear

There are dvds but you have to use a internet connection tho steam to install bioshock and steam has an estimated install date on March 26th.

So steam says No ~ atm it's March 25th 10:xx AM. So i'll have to wait 14h to install the game. Cuz the game needs some files from Steam to install.

Edit: Package says "Steam activation is required"

kittychloe
03-25-2013, 11:30 AM
That makes a little more sense.. I dont get many pc games till many months/decades after release date, the exception was diablo 3 but i never opened it lol, and i will get saints row 4 for pc on release but thata for jeas.. Thats sucks that steam wont let you play :(

Vlad
03-25-2013, 02:08 PM
3. I'm an achievement whore :lol:

Ah, another one of us :P
I was wondering if any of us were also into collecting achievements/trophies.

I say another one but I got bored of it a while back to be honest, my original goal was 100,000 which I'm happy I hit and I stopped putting effort into it but it kept growing and now I'm at 180,000, heh - Now I've set myself a very loose goal of 200,000 since I'm close anyway.

On the topic of Bioshock, seen another three reviews this morning from Destructoid (http://www.destructoid.com/review-bioshock-infinite-249341.phtml), x360a/ps3t (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/bioshock-infinite/review/) and Polygon (http://www.polygon.com/game/bioshock-infinite/2779), Destructoid & Polygon 10/10 - x360a/ps3t 100/100 which I've never seen on there before. :D

CrixDoomsday
03-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Anyone know if Songbird statue will be selled separetly?

Solemn_In_Berlin
03-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Looks like this game,

(o_o)
( o_o)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

reached for the heavens.

YYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH.

And as a result,

(o_o)
( o_o)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

it's getting sky-high reviews.

YYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH.

Which means that Irrational,

(o_o)
( o_o)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Is currently floating on cloud nine.

YYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH.

I just had to that. I'm just so stoked knowing that we'll finally be able to play the GOTY after,

(o_o)
( o_o)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

infinite delays.

YYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH.

Okay, I'll go away now.

kennyrh
03-25-2013, 05:27 PM
Anyone in the UK had their Songbird delivered yet ?? Or is there some conspiracy with the postal services so we don't get it until release day tomorrow ??

Rizzlaking
03-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Anyone in the UK had their Songbird delivered yet ?? Or is there some conspiracy with the postal services so we don't get it until release day tomorrow ??

No nothing here either ordered from game had the same email as others here dispatched on Thurs, so guessing they must be holding them till Tuesday otherwise should have been here by now.
It would have been good to know who is delivering it eg royal mail, courier etc as iam having a right dilema deciding if i should go to work tomorrow or not due to having to wait in to sign if its courier.

If its royal mail i can be at home when the post comes luckily iam self employed but it would be typical to miss work and wait in allday for a courier who probably wont turn up till 6pm - does anybody know who game use as this is my first CE. ordered online as I couldnt collect from instore :banghead:

CrixDoomsday
03-25-2013, 07:04 PM
Anyone know if they will sell Songbird as standalone figure?

HIPPEEDUDE
03-25-2013, 07:12 PM

They probably will to gouge more money out of us poor collectors:( Have already seen a few sellers on ebay selling bits seperately,last songbird statue i saw was up to over $100 with a few days to go,for just the friggin statue. Ridiculous considering what buying the whole thing cost

CrixDoomsday
03-25-2013, 07:18 PM
I mean official producer, not reselers :D

kennyrh
03-25-2013, 08:01 PM

From what i've heard the Songbird statue is strictly limited and they won't be making any more.

I've no reason to doubt it . . .but how many times have you heard that one :blackeye:

kennyrh
03-25-2013, 08:03 PM
No nothing here either ordered from game had the same email as others here dispatched on Thurs, so guessing they must be holding them till Tuesday otherwise should have been here by now.
It would have been good to know who is delivering it eg royal mail, courier etc as iam having a right dilema deciding if i should go to work tomorrow or not due to having to wait in to sign if its courier.

If its royal mail i can be at home when the post comes luckily iam self employed but it would be typical to miss work and wait in allday for a courier who probably wont turn up till 6pm - does anybody know who game use as this is my first CE. ordered online as I couldnt collect from instore :banghead:

As long as it's not them mugs at Yodel - but I try not to get involved with GAME online so i don't know who they're using these days.

Carrier pigeon i wouldn't wonder . . .:haha:

flatout
03-25-2013, 08:12 PM
From what i've heard the Songbird statue is strictly limited and they won't be making any more.

I've no reason to doubt it . . .but how many times have you heard that one :blackeye:

Yeah it is only available on the edition... the only way to get one separately is someone parting out the CE. They are technically $70 in the CE so people will be gouging the hell out of them I imagine.

I help someone in Israel with one (because the don't have the SE there he said)... I made like $10 or so when accounting for shipping to him but I am glad I could help him.

Clusks
03-25-2013, 08:26 PM
Got my Email from Gamestop today saying they'd dispatched it.

Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow, but even if I don't it'll be worth getting it on Wednesday for the exclusive steelbook!

flatout
03-25-2013, 08:39 PM

Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow, but even if I don't it'll be worth getting it on Wednesday for the exclusive steelbook!

The great thing is if you picked 1 day shipping there is a release date guarantee that if they don't get it to you on Tuesday you get a refund of the shipping cost (which is only around $10 or so but still).

kennyrh
03-25-2013, 08:43 PM

Yeah, i went for that steelbook, mate. But for the PC cos i'm such a cheapskate. Might look nice on the PC, though . . .:thumb:

richy rude
03-25-2013, 09:14 PM

Na not yet mate. Mine was dispatched last week but as yet :quote: I haven't heard a dicky-bird (Or a song bird for that matter :cpatch:)

comaamen86
03-25-2013, 10:11 PM
IXgm14cmtUI

another songbird unboxing

comaamen86
03-26-2013, 02:17 AM
FHz_0D6JH58

oh dear

Dreamcazman
03-26-2013, 05:37 AM
Picked up mine today from EB along with the bonus steelbook. :D

http://users.on.net/~ckpichler/Collection/BI.jpg

MortalMonday
03-26-2013, 06:05 AM
I just picked up my Songbird Editoon too; and while I haven't opened it yet, the statue appears to be of amazing quality. I'm so glad I picked this monster up!

comaamen86
03-26-2013, 06:13 AM
I just picked up my Songbird Editoon too; and while I haven't opened it yet, the statue appears to be of amazing quality. I'm so glad I picked this monster up!

is it a proper solid statue? just curious as it comes in a few parts?

flatout
03-26-2013, 06:57 AM
is it a proper solid statue? just curious as it comes in a few parts?

Quailty is amazing like he said.

It is solid... but the wings come separate.

Which is understandable... but again the quality of this resin statue is on Par with the best one I have ever seen (the McFarlane KOA Prismere Troll).

MortalMonday
03-26-2013, 06:59 AM
After closer inspection, the statue is not quite as good as I originally thought. That said, however, the statue is still very nice and I'm still for sure glad that I bought it.

It's made of plastic and does come in pieces. You have to assemble the wings. The detail and design of the statue is really great. 8/10

Before i opened the box, I thought the statue was made of stone or the same material that the big daddy from the original game's CE is made out of, but it's plastic for sure.

flatout
03-26-2013, 07:04 AM
After closer inspection, the statue is not quite as good as I originally thought. That said, however, the statue is still very nice and I'm still for sure glad that I bought it.

It's made of plastic and does come in pieces. You have to assemble the wings. The detail and design of the statue is really great. 8/10

Before i opened the box, I thought the statue was made of stone or the same material that the big daddy from the original game's CE is made out of, but it's plastic for sure.

The material is thinner then I would have wanted but oh well.

I think the wings may be plastic but not the rest of the statue.

I can understand the wings being plastic and I am glad for it but the songbird itself and the base is resin from the description (resin may be a plastic though) with excellent detail and paint..

Dreamcazman
03-26-2013, 07:09 AM
The songbird is quite amazing quality and I'm very happy with it.

Like the others have said, the wings comes separate, but the way it locks together you never would know. It was very well done I have to say. :)

To be honest, I didn't really look too hard as to what the statue was made of, it's pretty heavy though. The wings are plastic, but made to look like leather which is what I assume the real character's wings are made from.

flatout
03-26-2013, 07:17 AM
The songbird is quite amazing quality and I'm very happy with it.

Like the others have said, the wings comes separate, but the way it locks together you never would know. It was very well done I have to say. :)

To be honest, I didn't really look too hard as to what the statue was made of, it's pretty heavy though. The wings are plastic, but made to look like leather which is what I assume the real character's wings are made from.

It is much better then the Bio 1 statue that broke. Plus it looked like crap to me.

CrixDoomsday
03-26-2013, 09:22 AM
But Bioshock 1 statue isnt made from plastic... Thats why also details arent so good comparing to songbird. But still - bioshock 1 statue is awsome.

flatout
03-26-2013, 09:27 AM
Well all the descriptions claim it is resin but it does seem to be really hard plastic.

The material of the Bio 1 statue may be better but the statue isnt IMO... it didm't look that great to me and had details that didn't seem to match up with in-game.

Again just my opinion.

ison
03-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Need a big favor for someone who has the songbird edition.

Can you tell me the weight of it? Need to calculate how much it will cost to go from Uk to Greece.

If anyone has it still packed it would be helpful for me.

Thank you in advance.

flatout
03-26-2013, 10:07 AM

Can you tell me the weight of it? Need to calculate how much it will cost to go from Uk to Greece.

Thank you in advance.

I can tell you tomorrow afternoon but not right now, sorry I don't have a scale in my home.

If you still need it in about 12 hours let me know.

Dreamcazman
03-26-2013, 10:15 AM
It is much better then the Bio 1 statue that broke. Plus it looked like crap to me.
Mine didn't break... :huh:

Thank you in advance.
The statue itself is 750g, I didn't weigh the box and the rest, but it's pretty light. I'd say 1.5kg max. Then you got packaging, so probably close to 2kg. ;)

flatout
03-26-2013, 10:20 AM

Hmmm... good for you? :facepalm:

I am simply saying that tons of these broke in transit to people (the tip of the drill). I am actually surprised you didn't know this, it cause quite a stir when it happened. ;)

Evilhawk
03-26-2013, 10:25 AM
The tracking page for the norwegian postal service says that the package is 2,3KG. That is in a cardboard box with packaging materials and everything, the outer measurments on it is 40x30x26cm if that helps you any more

CrixDoomsday
03-26-2013, 10:32 AM
http://youtu.be/JPZ2pQ6UZUA?t=3m9s

Dreamcazman
03-26-2013, 10:39 AM
Hmmm... good for you? :facepalm:

I am simply saying that tons of these broke in transit to people (the tip of the drill). I am actually surprised you didn't know this, it cause quite a stir when it happened. ;)
I definately knew about it, it was the way you said it just sounded like that all of them broke.

flatout
03-26-2013, 10:40 AM
I definately knew about it, it was the way you said it just sounded like that all of them broke.

Nope, I just said "tons" of them, which i agree is a loose term but it certainly doesn't mean all.

;)

More then any normally small defect, lets put it that way.

richy rude
03-26-2013, 12:43 PM
YESSS! MY UK version has just arrived this Morning via DPD. :beach: I had to sign for it but strange I never received any tracking info from game.co.uk. Everyone who ordered one from Game UK their's should arrive today (Official launch day).:thumb:

Gillri
03-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Im from UK and mine just arrived, sorry guys but I did order 2 of them :/. Im very surprised that game.co.uk did not have any cancellations and put some back in stock as they have done with many rare collectors edition's before. This is how I got the GOW3 : Pandora's Box CE and The Witcher 2 Dark edition. Im not going to play my copies and keep them for a bit

I just got the standard edition off simplygames for ?29.99 and will just play that

richy rude
03-26-2013, 12:51 PM
On a sour note, packaging was way too big, could fit two in there. Outer box is damaged. FML. @#~!!# you game!:facepalm:

ison
03-26-2013, 12:58 PM
On a sour note, packaging was way too big, could fit two in there. Outer box is damaged. FML. @#~!!# you game!:facepalm:

Post pics im curious about the damage....what kind of damage did it got?

ison
03-26-2013, 01:00 PM

I can tell you tomorrow afternoon but not right now, sorry I don't have a scale in my home.

If you still need it in about 12 hours let me know.

The statue itself is 750g, I didn't weigh the box and the rest, but it's pretty light. I'd say 1.5kg max. Then you got packaging, so probably close to 2kg. ;)

The tracking page for the norwegian postal service says that the package is 2,3KG. That is in a cardboard box with packaging materials and everything, the outer measurments on it is 40x30x26cm if that helps you any more

Thank you for the info...i think below 2kg is way cheaper for royal mail to Greece...mosavon will tell me in the end :) (he was kind enough to send it to me)

Gillri
03-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Post pics im curious about the damage....what kind of damage did it got?

the box I got it in was a perfect fit for 2 of them so they are pristine. Im guessing richy had one of the boxes I got but only for one Songbird edition. You would need a lot of padding to stop it getting damaged if that was the case

Vlad
03-26-2013, 01:45 PM
You would need a lot of padding to stop it getting damaged if that was the case

Haha, I did.

I ordered one, came in a box that's absolutely massive and it also has about literally 16'-18' of the big plastic bubble strip thing.

Although I need some help, I can't access the code from the Fink Manufacturing browser game.
It's still got the same problem as months ago where the rewards tab wouldn't load.
Anybody else in the same boat?

EDIT: Okay, so I can get it working with IE now [ugh], but now I'm just seeing it tell me that one reward is pending, to confirm the platform and then nothing happens when I try to do so.
Ugh, what was wrong with the retailer giving you a plain code?

EDIT 2: Right, the site's made me look a right tit now - It wasn't working on Chrome, Firefox or IE but then it spontaneously started working on Firefox on another try and I got my codes. :)

deckard2112
03-26-2013, 04:46 PM
Hmmm......nearly 4pm here in Dundee and no sign of mine. I'm beginning to get a bit worried....

Anyone else got their copy in my neck of the woods?

kennyrh
03-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Still waiting for mine just South of the border in Sunderland mate. Bit piss-poor for something dispatched last Thursday methinks :pooryou:

ingmar1988
03-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Got mine...slightly damaged though ffs.

Plus, is it normal that the packaging is not sealed (not even a seal sticker), only the game came sealed!

thanks

vhal_x
03-26-2013, 05:31 PM
I got mine a few hours ago. Same massive shipping box as other people, but luckily my copy is absolutely pristine xx

toxicatom5
03-26-2013, 05:35 PM
.....luckily my copy is absolutely pristine xx

Glad to hear it! Seems like there has been a lot of bad stories lately, so nice to know this one was a "win".

kennyrh
03-26-2013, 05:43 PM
I got mine a few hours ago. Same massive shipping box as other people, but luckily my copy is absolutely pristine xx

My 360 version just arrived - same as yours. Massive box but well packed with airbags, mint condition.

Don't think it's great value at ?110 but looking forward to playing the game . . .it's relaxation time :banana::bday:

Vlad
03-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Plus, is it normal that the packaging is not sealed (not even a seal sticker), only the game came sealed!

Mine was the same.

Also the site to download the sountrack isn't ready yet, would've been nicer if there was a CD but it's only a small thing overall.

Matt16
03-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Mine came today as well. Shit myself at first, the outer box had a massive dent in the corner so I feared the worst but thanks to the enormous box having about 300 sq miles of unused space it's pristine :D

Dreamcazman
03-26-2013, 09:44 PM

thanks
Sorry to hear you got some damage. :( That's one of the reasons I opted to pick up in store, a box this size is bound to get a corner bashed in or something. Didn't want to risk it basically.

Yeah, mine wasn't sealed either, they were all like that it seems. I would've expected a clear sticker of some sort on the lid though.

CaptainJackHarknes
03-27-2013, 12:15 AM
Do you all consider a slight crease as mint still?

The crease is at the top. Am I psychotic? :pooryou:

comaamen86
03-27-2013, 01:49 AM
tried to grab a premium edition today

changed up me coins, had two games to trade and headed to game, sold out called another branch sold out, no longer was trade an option
had just enough money to cover cost without trade went to

2 Games stores
1 hmv
1 pc world
1 argos
1 sainsburys entertainment

none nada

went to bank o put my money on card, forgot my card 8(

mate at work helped me gave him the cash, he sent me an amazon gift card to use on order

should of gone bank in first place

moral of story game stores do not stock games

lost two hours sleep trying to get one in a shop

still coming in post tommrow

nipperkipper
03-27-2013, 01:57 AM
tried to grab a premium edition today

changed up me coins, had two games to trade and headed to game, sold out called another branch sold out, no longer was trade an option
had just enough money to cover cost without trade went to

2 Games stores
1 hmv
1 pc world
1 argos
1 sainsburys entertainment

none nada

went to bank o put my money on card, forgot my card 8(

mate at work helped me gave him the cash, he sent me an amazon gift card to use on order

should of gone bank in first place

moral of story game stores do not stock games

lost two hours sleep trying to get one in a shop

still coming in post tommrow

Argos, sainsburys and PC World never have anything other than standard editions, surprised at the game stores though

comaamen86
03-27-2013, 02:00 AM
Argos, sainsburys and PC World never have anything other than standard editions, surprised at the game stores though

ahh mate i know, i know i was clutching at straws, dont like to give up easily, game said they got 4 for each platform in 8S

nipperkipper
03-27-2013, 02:05 AM
was this in London - 4 for each platform is nothing

CaptainJackHarknes
03-27-2013, 02:14 AM
Mine has a crease on the top...Collector's would you go to the store and return this? Otherwise box is perfect...not sure what "pristine" means.

:
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8222/imag0068q.jpg

comaamen86
03-27-2013, 02:18 AM
was this in London - 4 for each platform is nothing

yeah london mate

Mine has a crease on the top...Collector's would you go to the store and return this? Otherwise box is perfect...not sure what "pristine" means.

:
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8222/imag0068q.jpg

its ruined, it must be burnt

CaptainJackHarknes
03-27-2013, 02:21 AM
yeah london mate

Sarcasm? lol :poke:

comaamen86
03-27-2013, 02:27 AM
Sarcasm? lol :poke:

i am choking tears of joy here

american....gets.....sarcasm.....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6lw37ejE11ra56fxo1_500.gif

i could hug you

and the damage on your ce is not to bad open that box and enjoy the goodies, when i got ni no kuni ce, there was no box left, i tore through it to get to the drippy plush

CaptainJackHarknes
03-27-2013, 02:36 AM
yeah london mate

i am choking tears of joy here

american....gets.....sarcasm.....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6lw37ejE11ra56fxo1_500.gif

i could hug you

and the damage on your ce is not to bad open that box and enjoy the goodies, when i got ni no kuni ce, there was no box left, i tore through it to get to the drippy plush

LOL.

Yeah I don't plan on selling it..not sure why it bothers me ....I have issues :beer:

Dreamcazman
03-27-2013, 02:42 AM
Captain - The crease on top would annoy me, even though it's just the box. Then again I'm really picky about things like that. My wife thinks I'm too obsessive & maybe I am. What can I say, I'm a perfectionist.

Bottom line is, if you think it will bother you, swap it for another (if you still can) otherwise forget about it.

comaamen86
03-27-2013, 02:46 AM
to be honest would not bother me, am i the Antichrist of collecting?

CaptainJackHarknes
03-27-2013, 03:11 AM
The crease isn't bothering me. I myself have creased some of my own CE boxes (getting them in 'pristine') condition...so makes no sense for me to bitch when I myself crease it EVENTUALLY...

Just something about yourself doing it is different..than someone else creasing it....does any other collector agree here?

Murtera
03-27-2013, 04:33 AM
Just want opinions on this... Is this a collectors edition you guys think will be harder and more expensive to get later on, or do you thing enough were produced that the price would drop? I've been debating getting this but I do have a hard time bringing myself to pay this amount for some collectors editions. Any opinions on this would be appreciated!

CaptainJackHarknes
03-27-2013, 05:07 AM
Just want opinions on this... Is this a collectors edition you guys think will be harder and more expensive to get later on, or do you thing enough were produced that the price would drop? I've been debating getting this but I do have a hard time bringing myself to pay this amount for some collectors editions. Any opinions on this would be appreciated!

I thought the same as you...but already Gamestop is SOLD OUT. So is the irrational store. You may have MISSED out on this if you're in the U.S....:pooryou:

MortalMonday
03-27-2013, 05:15 AM
It's still on amazon.

Murtera
03-27-2013, 05:21 AM
I thought the same as you...but already Gamestop is SOLD OUT. So is the irrational store. You may have MISSED out on this if you're in the U.S....:pooryou:

GameStop actually had it available again

flatout
03-27-2013, 08:09 AM

thanks

Mine were sealed... the boxes inside aren't but the main box and game were both sealed.