PDA

View Full Version : The main reason behind chosing a particular CE

richy rude
10-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi guys,

I just wondered what the main reason or factor when it comes to deciding which CE to buy next?

Is it because you're a fan of that particular game or series?

The physical contents (Or dlc) contained within the CE?

The exclusivity / rarity of the CE?

Or just influenced by price?

Platfus
10-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Depends on game...I'm collecting only AC and I always choose what to buy by price/ f its in sale.

Sent from my lilyPad using Tapatalk

vhal_x
10-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Haha, I preorder everything I can, and then adjust my budget to fit in as many as possible.

I have ones that I preorder because I want the game anyway, so those are at the top of my priorities, meaning, if I can only afford a set amount of the preorders in one month, those will be the ones I fit into my budget first.

If I can't afford all the CEs I want each month, the ones I least want/think won't sell out quickly are the ones that get cancelled :) xx

Kusuriuri
10-30-2012, 04:00 PM
well personally i only buy much from the bioshock franchise, then if i see a CE from a game that i like at a good price i buy it, but it dont buy it day one, and others if i see a bargain for a game that i dont really love but i know that its going to be rare, i snatch it.

Xmo
10-30-2012, 04:05 PM
The main reason to be collecting is being a fan on a particular series and the physical contents. I love assassins creed, tom clancy games and uncharted and that what I mainly collect. Its where you cravings are. Before collecting, I just play a game and finish it. You have to wait for the next game you like to release. But with CE's its like, you beat the game then enjoy your cool physical stuff

rapidly-greying
10-31-2012, 07:32 PM
I either like the series, or its a bargain.

Letrico
11-01-2012, 01:34 AM
I like buying big box CE. Feels satisfied from looking at the big thing I get. Also bargain price CE too.

Twisted
11-01-2012, 02:16 AM
i'm a sealed collector..for me it's all about the packaging...if the box appeals to me...i try to get it..irrespective of what the game is or if the game is good or bad.

Madigan
11-01-2012, 03:33 AM
Is it because you're a fan of that particular game or series?

Yes

The physical contents (Or dlc) contained within the CE?

Yes

The exclusivity / rarity of the CE?

Yes, sometimes

Or just influenced by price?

Yes, the relation between price/what you get, is important.