PDA

View Full Version : Pier Solar Dreamcast and PC HD Collectors Editions

winds
11-06-2012, 02:16 AM
Hey guys,
I figure some of you guys may be interested in this one. For those that don't know Pier Solar is a new RPG released on the Sega Genesis/Mega-Drive by an indie dev team called WaterMelon. They spent I think something like 8 years developing it? And released it about 2 years ago to great acclaim. I was one of their original customers who bought pre-ordered the first edition released and can say their production values for both the packaging and the game are nothing short of amazing. Those editions are pretty rare now and can fetch prices on ebay in the realm of $500.

Anyways, fans of the game have been crying for rereleases on HD platforms and the dev team has been listening. They just made a kickstarter page in support of the HD development for PC, Linux, and Mac as well as Sega Dreamcast platforms. One day and they've already received over $30, 000 so this looks like it has a great chance of meeting it's quota and getting backed. There are quite a few limited edition pledges to chose from so i'm sure if you guys are at all interested in this development then you'll find something to pledge for. The collectors editions are limited (PC ed. to 250 and Dreamcast ed. to 750) so don't say you weren't warned!

Anyways, here's the kickstarter page:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/573261866/pier-solar-hd-an-rpg-for-xbox360-pc-mac-linux-and

Cheers guys!

LowlyAssassin
11-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Reads title

What...
I'm still looking for this for he megadrive
I thought they where going to do a fourth run for the mega drive/ genesis

winds
11-09-2012, 02:31 AM
Hmm, that is possible. Although i'm assuming it may be a while since they're probably trying to push the HD release on people more than the original now.

There is still one edition available on their website, though, it says "LAST COPIES" so it looks like those are about to go soon. If you're interested in that version i'd suggest picking it up now before it's too late. I don't think they've mentioned another production run for the genesis/mega-drive release as far as I know.

LowlyAssassin
11-09-2012, 06:31 PM
I'll check it out soon
And blow my cash reserve on it as I really want to play it

winds
11-17-2012, 12:33 AM
There has been some updates to the pledges on this kickstarter if any of you are still interested, including a limited edition poster.

They are also talking about stretch goals for ps3, wii u, and some other platforms!

SwiftDeath
11-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Not sure but some of the limited edition console collectors might want to get in on this

At one of the $999 pledge levels

"A Pier Solar Xbox 360 System...... You get a Digital copy of Pier Solar HD on XBOX 360 (or Collector?s Edition of your choice)! +++PLUS+++ The limited edition Poster. +++PLUS+++ We?ll build you a beautiful, custom Xbox 360 system custom branded with Pier Solar artwork on the system and controller. It will be a brand new Xbox 360 with 250 GB system or Xbox 360 with Kinect. We?ll send a survey for you to choose your version. A Kickstarter exclusive, limited to 10!

I guess it depends on what branded means?

LowlyAssassin
11-17-2012, 02:20 AM
Well that changes everything
Now to find 1000 dollars

winds
12-01-2012, 07:08 AM
Just letting everyone know this only has about 3 days left. It's already well surpassed its original goal. They added stretch goals and the first 3 are already met (japanese translation, upgraded dreamcast support for 16:9 aspect ratio, vmu support, and vga support, as well as a directors cut version of the game adding in more side quests, story aspects, and mini-games). The 4th goal is almost met, meaning a release for OUYA/Android and the last goal to be released on the Wii U has a good chance of being met as well.

They added a lot of pledges and modified some of the existing ones as well. The CE additions are on their way to being sold out so if you're still interested, nows the time!

euphoriapt
12-22-2014, 04:40 AM
anyone pre ordered the dreamcast edition ?

Airzonk
12-22-2014, 06:59 PM
anyone pre ordered the dreamcast edition ?
I did. Waiting patiently for it to finally come out.

StayFree( ' 3')
12-24-2014, 12:46 PM
Been waiting a while for this and the Mighty No.9 KS...hoping the game is better optimized on the dreamcast.

Joenne2
01-18-2015, 07:49 AM
With this 16 bit console, Sega thought get his way and win the competition against his "rival" leaving an ultra-powerful model that can easily enjoy flagship titles released in arcades. More and having the advantage of being out before the Nintendo machine, it had everything to succeed!etui nexus 9 vente (http://www.etuicoquesamsung.com/category-etui-google-nexus-9-495.html) housse nexus 9 luxe (http://www.etuicoquesamsung.com/category-etui-google-nexus-9-495.html)