PDA

View Full Version : Need advise about pre-ordering Euro version of MGS: R

flatout
11-15-2012, 06:28 AM
Hi... I am pre ordering Metal Gear Rising: Revengence in the US but I also want to get the Euro version with the figure (US version has the Plasma Sword Lamp) but am not sure where I can do this at a reasonable price.

If anyone know a website that will ship to the US and takes pre orders please let me know.

Cheers

SwiftDeath
11-15-2012, 06:50 AM
I think your best bet is to have one of the ever so helpful european members on here forward it for you.

I'm not entirely sure what sites/retailers are getting that CE so there may be one that ships to the US but I still think having a member forward it for you is probably for the best.

Most of the group buys for this game have so far been for the steelbooks as they're much easier to do a group buy for.

So any members across the pond willing to lend a hand?

mosavon
11-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Hi... I am pre ordering Metal Gear Rising: Revengence in the US but I also want to get the Euro version with the figure (US version has the Plasma Sword Lamp) but am not sure where I can do this at a reasonable price.

If anyone know a website that will ship to the US and takes pre orders please let me know.

Cheers

Have you tried Zavvi?, its exclusive to them in the UK (God knows why!)

They ship internationally to.

PS3
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-limited-edition-zavvi-uk-exclusive/10647082.html

X360
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-limited-edition-zavvi-uk-exclusive/10647081.html

I must say this edition looks sick, that figure looks pretty high-end for a CE of of this price.

Letrico
11-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Zavvi international shipping for it is 25gbp. Quite reasonable considering the the size it will be. Most probably the size of guild wars 2 ce. Similar dimension figure

mosavon
11-15-2012, 09:00 AM
True, i highly doubt you could ship it for less.

flatout
11-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Thanks, I will look into zavvi.

I actually just remembered my sister married someone from across the pond... even though they live over here now they could most likely reach out to someone for me.

Cheers

flatout
11-16-2012, 02:45 AM
Hey guys, I just thought of something... will the UK version work on a US PS3? I know some games are universal and some aren't.

Cheers

Letrico
11-16-2012, 02:49 AM
No new on region lock so far. Generally all PS3 games are region free except P4 Arena lol

mosavon
11-16-2012, 03:52 AM
All games are region Free, it will work no problem.

flatout
11-16-2012, 03:54 AM
Okay, thanks... I think the only issue would be the codes not working in the US PSN store but I'm not sure about that either.

Guys, one last thing (I was waiting until they open to call but maybe someone here knows) does Zavvi charge you right when you pre order or do they do the same thing as GameStop and charge you right before it ships?

Thanks guys,
Cheers

Letrico
11-16-2012, 03:56 AM
Okay, thanks... I think the only issue would be the codes not working in the US PSN store but I'm not sure about that either.

That is correct, the code will not work on US PSN. You will have to create an EU PSN account to use it. Once you downloaded it work no matter what account it was played on after that i think.

mosavon
11-16-2012, 03:57 AM
Codes wont work, but you can redeem them on a UK account with your current system (very easy to set up)

PM me ill give you a fake address :)

mosavon
11-16-2012, 03:57 AM
That is correct, the code will not work on US PSN. You will have to create an EU PSN account to use it. Once you downloaded it work no matter what account it was played on after that i think.

Correct.

flatout
11-16-2012, 04:00 AM
Guys, one last thing (I was waiting until they open to call but maybe someone here knows) does Zavvi charge you right when you pre order or do they do the same thing as GameStop and charge you right before it ships?

Thanks guys,
Cheers

Thanks modsaven, I made a Japanease account awhile back because I got the Vita early.

mosavon
11-16-2012, 04:02 AM
As a non international customer i am not sure about that, Letrico may be the better one to answer that.

For UK residents its on release date.

Saturn
11-16-2012, 04:33 AM
Zavvi shouldn't charge you right away if you order using a credit card. I don't know about paypal. Shopto.net charged me immediately with paypal and if Zavvi works the same way, they might as well. A friend of mine said they don't though.

flatout
11-16-2012, 09:36 AM
I sent them a question voucher to be sure before I order.

It just makes me nervous because there are only 25,000 of those kits... I think that's the rarest "Limited Edition" Ive ever heard of but then again I haven't been into them for long... I'm really just into the colectables (figures/statues, pre order items...) more then the Editions as a whole.

NaughtyDogJames
11-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Sonic Generations was 12,000.

Matrix6
11-21-2012, 12:13 AM
I sent them a question voucher to be sure before I order.

It just makes me nervous because there are only 25,000 of those kits... I think that's the rarest "Limited Edition" Ive ever heard of but then again I haven't been into them for long... I'm really just into the colectables (figures/statues, pre order items...) more then the Editions as a whole.

Zavvi doesn't charge your credit card until the item is ready to be shipped (for in-stock and pre-orders) :)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Signature Edition - only 300 units released (not including the other 12 extremely limited "extras" as that was just made up to fulfill their stuff up)
And even if you total that with KoA:R Collector's Edition...only 1500 were release for that edition. Conveniently only released in the US and that's why the company is gone :surrender: ;)