PDA

View Full Version : Soul Sacrifice PSV System

geralds
12-03-2012, 05:44 PM
going for 29,980 yen http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/soulsacrifice/ja/product/

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/soulsacrifice/ja/product/images/con2_img.jpg

Twisted
12-05-2012, 04:45 AM
that's cool..good collector piece as vita is said to be dead on arrival..expect it to phase out of the market in about 2 to 3 years....nintendo 3ds is smoking it 6:1 right now.

arumisan
12-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Saw it on Siliconera... so cool! Though, unfortunately due to my spending habits this month, can't impulse buy ;_;

geralds
12-07-2012, 02:04 AM
that's cool..good collector piece as vita is said to be dead on arrival..expect it to phase out of the market in about 2 to 3 years....nintendo 3ds is smoking it 6:1 right now.

Because sony need to define it as it own freeking system rather then just basically a portable ps3 and they need to lower its price a lot. It is there fault for giving the systema bunch of feature that are hardly going to be used like ps3 tilt feature in the controllers. The back touch pad was unnessarry and while the touch screen is cool i personaly think it could have lived without. They could have also lived without a new memory card type but as said they just didnt want people hacking the vita but it will happen wether they like it or not. If i would have prefered a hardrive in the thing rather then its back touch pad bs.

flatout
02-28-2013, 03:34 AM
Because sony need to define it as it own freeking system rather then just basically a portable ps3 and they need to lower its price a lot. It is there fault for giving the systema bunch of feature that are hardly going to be used like ps3 tilt feature in the controllers. The back touch pad was unnessarry and while the touch screen is cool i personaly think it could have lived without. They could have also lived without a new memory card type but as said they just didnt want people hacking the vita but it will happen wether they like it or not. If i would have prefered a hardrive in the thing rather then its back touch pad bs.

Now we know why they weren't so worried about it because of it's connections with the PS4 and Gaikai (will be able to stream any and all PS4 games to you Vita).

Also I would point to Twisted to look into the 3DS's early days before it had a price drop... it was in the same boat.

geralds
02-28-2013, 06:38 AM
Now we know why they weren't so worried about it because of it's connections with the PS4 and Gaikai (will be able to stream any and all PS4 games to you Vita).

Also I would point to Twisted to look into the 3DS's early days before it had a price drop... it was in the same boat.

I have a contact in Japan that is getting this Bundle for me, although i am not getting for a collectors item... I am replacing my black Vita. (So if anyone wants a used black vita in great condition with some extras for a good price let me know.. lol)

Even in the early days for the 3ds it was selling way better then this.

flatout
02-28-2013, 07:30 AM
Even in the early days for the 3ds it was selling way better then this.

Your right... but we need to look at this comparatively.

I am comparing how well the Vita's launch is doing compared to the PSP (which is bad) and then comparing the 3DS launch compared to the DS (which at first was comparatively bad).

Sony's Handheld for the most part caters to a different demographic... I would argue that Sony overall caters to the more hardcore "adult" gamer. Nintendo has a much bigger demographic it caters to, younger generations and the casual market... don;t get me wrong Nintendo brings in some third party titles (and even more now with the Wii U current gen console).

geralds
03-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Your right... but we need to look at this comparatively.

I am comparing how well the Vita's launch is doing compared to the PSP (which is bad) and then comparing the 3DS launch compared to the DS (which at first was comparatively bad).

Sony's Handheld for the most part caters to a different demographic... I would argue that Sony overall caters to the more hardcore "adult" gamer. Nintendo has a much bigger demographic it caters to, younger generations and the casual market... don;t get me wrong Nintendo brings in some third party titles (and even more now with the Wii U current gen console).

Lol even the psp sold better in the same time frame and continues to out sell this thing world wide and the only country selling new psp is Japan.

flatout
03-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Lol even the psp sold better in the same time frame and continues to out sell this thing world wide and the only country selling new psp is Japan.

Yes again this is true.

But like I said Sony is aware of this and they weren't all that worried because of the PSVita's connection to the PS4 and Gaikai streaming. With the streaming service you will be able to play all PS4 games on your Vita and eventually emulate older games.

When the Vita finally gets a US price drop and more games it will take off... well take off as much as any Sony handheld can.

geralds
03-02-2013, 06:14 PM
I realy can not see it at this point by the time they drop the price i think it will be to little to late. That streaming servace kind of suck as you have to close to your ps4 anyway. All it is going to do is the same thing the wii U can do which is cheaper then bother combined anyway.

flatout
03-02-2013, 06:43 PM
I realy can not see it at this point by the time they drop the price i think it will be to little to late. That streaming servace kind of suck as you have to close to your ps4 anyway. All it is going to do is the same thing the wii U can do which is cheaper then bother combined anyway.

Please look up "Gaikai" ( http://www.gaikai.com/ )... it is an internet based streaming service that Sony bought primarily for the PlayStation brand, so you can game from anywhere you have a connection.

So it can do direct from the PS4 like the current gen Wii U (don't kid yourself, the Wii U is in this current gen with PS3 and Xbox 360) and do internet streaming on the go through Gaikai.

rapister
03-05-2013, 01:59 AM
3ds and vita cater to different markets

so im not too worried myself

even the psp really took after a few years so we will never know....

flatout
03-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Vita sales in Japan have quadrupled! Ever since the price cut and announcement of PS4 the thin has been selling four times the amount as the past few weeks before the announcements.

(Info from IGN article, their source is Sony).

geralds
03-06-2013, 01:50 AM
I think it was more of the price drop rather then the anoucement of the ps4 as people realy do think the vita is too expensive.

flatout
03-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Yes I agree the price drop was the main seller... BUT you need to realize the with the worth of the yen compared to US money now the Vita's Japan price drop brought the cost down to about what the US pays.

When Sony finally put a memory card in with the system then it was worth the price IMO... you are comparing new tech compared to say consoles that are very old and cheap.

When the new consoles come out it will put the Vita's price more in perspective. Plus it should most defiantly get a price drop everywhere within a year.

EDIT: Actual numbers have been released now and it is selling 6 times as much as before "62,543 units" this week, (almost selling as much as both 3DS models selling a combined 77,439 units this week), whether they can keep it there is to be seen. They should take note for another world wide price drop in the future... seeing hows they make money from software.

flatout
03-21-2013, 09:35 AM

The Vita beat out 3DS last couple weeks by a few thousand units.

Ashler
04-16-2013, 03:19 PM
I got one of these SS Vita's. Love it.

flatout
04-16-2013, 03:27 PM
I got one of these SS Vita's. Love it.

Great!

I got one too but sold as soon as I got it... the front color didn't match the back and looked to light and is sparkly (which I could not tell from the pictures).

The back looks AMAZING! I made a Vector of it as well if you want a wallpaper to match... here:

http://chev327fox.deviantart.com/art/Soul-Sacrifice-Vita-Wallpaper-Vector-359069948

Here is the lockscreen one:

http://chev327fox.deviantart.com/art/Soul-Sacrifice-Vita-Lockscreen-Wallpaper-360151457?q=gallery%3Achev327fox%2F28980179&qo=4

Dr_Jengo
05-05-2013, 06:03 AM
This is selling in Singapore as well for SGD$439. IS this available outside of Asia? I can help you guys get it if you want..

geralds
05-05-2013, 06:29 AM
This is selling in Singapore as well for SGD$439. IS this available outside of Asia? I can help you guys get it if you want..

Nope asia only. Not surprised that it can be found in singapore knowing how strange the asian game market is.

Dr_Jengo
05-06-2013, 05:41 AM
Nope asia only. Not surprised that it can be found in singapore knowing how strange the asian game market is.

Even I don't understand the Asian Market.. :rotf: