Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Gaming Hardware Collecting

Old 12-03-2012, 05:44 PM
DB Proprietor

geralds's Flag is: United States
Default Soul Sacrifice PSV System

going for 29,980 yen http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/t...ce/ja/product/

Last edited by geralds; 12-03-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:45 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States
Default Re: soul sacrifice psv system

that's cool..good collector piece as vita is said to be dead on arrival..expect it to phase out of the market in about 2 to 3 years....nintendo 3ds is smoking it 6:1 right now.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:40 PM

arumisan's Flag is: Australia

Saw it on Siliconera... so cool! Though, unfortunately due to my spending habits this month, can't impulse buy ;_;
Old 12-07-2012, 02:04 AM
DB Proprietor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
that's cool..good collector piece as vita is said to be dead on arrival..expect it to phase out of the market in about 2 to 3 years....nintendo 3ds is smoking it 6:1 right now.
Because sony need to define it as it own freeking system rather then just basically a portable ps3 and they need to lower its price a lot. It is there fault for giving the systema bunch of feature that are hardly going to be used like ps3 tilt feature in the controllers. The back touch pad was unnessarry and while the touch screen is cool i personaly think it could have lived without. They could have also lived without a new memory card type but as said they just didnt want people hacking the vita but it will happen wether they like it or not. If i would have prefered a hardrive in the thing rather then its back touch pad bs.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:34 AM

flatout's Flag is: United States Maine, US

Quote:
Originally Posted by geralds View Post
Because sony need to define it as it own freeking system rather then just basically a portable ps3 and they need to lower its price a lot. It is there fault for giving the systema bunch of feature that are hardly going to be used like ps3 tilt feature in the controllers. The back touch pad was unnessarry and while the touch screen is cool i personaly think it could have lived without. They could have also lived without a new memory card type but as said they just didnt want people hacking the vita but it will happen wether they like it or not. If i would have prefered a hardrive in the thing rather then its back touch pad bs.
Now we know why they weren't so worried about it because of it's connections with the PS4 and Gaikai (will be able to stream any and all PS4 games to you Vita).

Also I would point to Twisted to look into the 3DS's early days before it had a price drop... it was in the same boat.

Last edited by flatout; 03-21-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:38 AM
DB Proprietor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout View Post
Now we know why they weren't so worried about it because of it's connections with the PS4 and Gaikai (will be able to stream any and all PS4 games to you Vita).

Also I would point to Twisted to look into the 3DS's early days before it had a price drop... it was in the same boat.

I have a contact in Japan that is getting this Bundle for me, although i am not getting for a collectors item... I am replacing my black Vita. (So if anyone wants a used black vita in great condition with some extras for a good price let me know.. lol)
Even in the early days for the 3ds it was selling way better then this.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Even in the early days for the 3ds it was selling way better then this.
Your right... but we need to look at this comparatively.

I am comparing how well the Vita's launch is doing compared to the PSP (which is bad) and then comparing the 3DS launch compared to the DS (which at first was comparatively bad).

Sony's Handheld for the most part caters to a different demographic... I would argue that Sony overall caters to the more hardcore "adult" gamer. Nintendo has a much bigger demographic it caters to, younger generations and the casual market... don;t get me wrong Nintendo brings in some third party titles (and even more now with the Wii U current gen console).
Old 03-02-2013, 04:58 PM
DB Proprietor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout View Post
Your right... but we need to look at this comparatively.

I am comparing how well the Vita's launch is doing compared to the PSP (which is bad) and then comparing the 3DS launch compared to the DS (which at first was comparatively bad).

Sony's Handheld for the most part caters to a different demographic... I would argue that Sony overall caters to the more hardcore "adult" gamer. Nintendo has a much bigger demographic it caters to, younger generations and the casual market... don;t get me wrong Nintendo brings in some third party titles (and even more now with the Wii U current gen console).
Lol even the psp sold better in the same time frame and continues to out sell this thing world wide and the only country selling new psp is Japan.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Lol even the psp sold better in the same time frame and continues to out sell this thing world wide and the only country selling new psp is Japan.
Yes again this is true.

But like I said Sony is aware of this and they weren't all that worried because of the PSVita's connection to the PS4 and Gaikai streaming. With the streaming service you will be able to play all PS4 games on your Vita and eventually emulate older games.

When the Vita finally gets a US price drop and more games it will take off... well take off as much as any Sony handheld can.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:14 PM
DB Proprietor

I realy can not see it at this point by the time they drop the price i think it will be to little to late. That streaming servace kind of suck as you have to close to your ps4 anyway. All it is going to do is the same thing the wii U can do which is cheaper then bother combined anyway.