Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Gaming Hardware Collecting

Old 06-27-2012, 12:08 AM

Wheeks's Flag is: Scotland Edinburgh, Scotland
Default Re: Post Your PC Gaming "Rig"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmo View Post
What is your case?
It's a Corsair 600T white.

http://www.corsair.com/pc-cases/grap...wer-case.html/

It looks kinda silvery in that for some reason - this shows the colour slightly better:

http://www.2dayblog.com/images/2011/...0t-white-1.jpg
Old 06-27-2012, 12:47 AM

Likey's Flag is: UK

Hi guys,

Here's my setup. I just checked my purchase order history to help with listing the items as it was nearly 3 years ago when I built it. As you can see from the photos, I used to play a lot of online poker and with my profits I decided to do this project.

Before having that PC, I was just sitting on the floor with a cushion grinding online poker with the laptop on the coffee table.

Case: Lian Li PC-V1000Z
CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz Socket 1366 D0 stepping 8MB Cache
RAM: Corsair 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz XMS3 Memory CL9(9-9-9-24)

Monitors: 2 x 24" Dell U2410 UltraSharp
Graphics Card: ATI Sapphire HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI

Motherboard: Asus P6T iX58 Socket 1366 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
PSU: Coolermaster RealPower 520W Modular PSU - SLI Ready

Boot Drive: Crucial 256GB SSD (to replace WD 300GB Velociraptor 10000rpm 16MB Cache)
Storage: 5 x various 2TB SATA III HDDs (WD and Samsung)

Mouse: Logitech G9 Laser Mouse - Wired With Switchable 200-3200DPI Precision - USB
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Keyboard LCD GamePanel USB - UK Layout

Misc: 2 x Ergonomic Chairs (can't remember the make/model but cost £500 ex VAT each)
I also had to source a suitable 2-piece desk for everything

Other comments:

My wife's PC is the one on the right with the Samsung 24" monitor and Antec 900 case.

A few months ago when I helped build my friend's PC, who has 3 x 30" Dell Monitors with his rig, I was tempted to get a couple of those monitors too but decided it wasn't justified as I don't play much poker now.

Here's a link to a review for my case - the second picture shows where the 6 hard drives are at the bottom. It is designed so they can be pulled out and swapped which I really like.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...n-v1000z-think

24 tables across 2 monitors

12 tables across 2 monitors

24 tables stacked across 2 columns

Old 06-27-2012, 12:52 AM

Here's a pic of the nearly-finished rig (click for bigger):

Old 06-27-2012, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likey View Post
Hi guys,

Here's my setup. I just checked my purchase order history to help with listing the items as it was nearly 3 years ago when I built it. As you can see from the photos, I used to play a lot of online poker and with my profits I decided to do this project.

Before having that PC, I was just sitting on the floor with a cushion grinding online poker with the laptop on the coffee table.
Nice setup! Do you still play poker much?
Old 06-27-2012, 12:56 AM

Gazereths's Flag is: England Notts UK

Very cool system! I have one of those u2410 monitors they are excellent.

Wow you really were into your online poker, you still play?

Your case looks sweet wheeks!! Love the black and white design of it.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:09 AM

My PC was one of the highest specs at the time, I had the option to overclock it to 4.0GHz but decided it wasn't necessary at the time. If I decide to play games that are demanding then I would do so, as well as get a couple of new graphics cards to SLI but I probably should just get a new motherboard, CPU and RAM.

As for poker, I stopped for around 1.5 years or so, then started again last September for a few months making a small profit of around $1500 but gotten lazy. :/

I started playing since 2006 winning more money year on year. 2009 was my best year winning around $40,000 so I used some of that money to pay for my wedding, honeymoon to the Maldives and the PC project that you see above.

The game has gotten more difficult now and I haven't taken the time to keep up as I have a full time job. I do have friends who consistently win big 6 figures for several years in a row now. Most of them are in their early 20s, pretty sick!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:14 AM

Are there any sites in particular that you recommend? Quite a few seem to have been busted recently for various reasons, and it's kinda hard to know where is legit...
Old 06-27-2012, 01:23 AM
DB Proprietor

Xmo's Flag is: United States Carson, California

More and more builders like white cases, tubing, or white paracord wiring these days.
Really makes a clean looking interior.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:29 AM

Seeing as you're from the UK, I would strongly recommend PokerStars as the money is segregated so if something happens then your money is safe, unlike Full Tilt Poker which is very shady.

I've never done water cooling before, partly because I'm a little worried about it but basically because I don't overclock hard, but it does look really cool!
Old 06-27-2012, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likey View Post
Seeing as you're from the UK, I would strongly recommend PokerStars as the money is segregated so if something happens then your money is safe, unlike Full Tilt Poker which is very shady.

I've never done water cooling before, partly because I'm a little worried about it but basically because I don't overclock hard, but it does look really cool!
When I first started water cooling there was only a few, rather questionable, kits available - I'm still amazed that my first water cooled PC (which had a huge external reservoir) didn't explode.

But these days they tend to be really user friendly to set up. The main reason I started was because WC was so much quieter than fan cooled systems but, as time goes on, this is becoming less true as fans get quieter and WC systems get louder to cope with increased heat!