Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > CE Discussion

Old 06-09-2015, 03:06 PM

Cosmic_Link's Flag is: England Birmingham
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls Online

Right, I got my Imperial Edition today. Thankfully the statue isn't broken, but the plastic insert which holds it has split from the corner above the statue and into the mould. No damage to the box though. The holder for the Artbook has torn. I assume it's been moving around in transit and smashed it up. I'm not sure what to make of this CE. After getting The Witcher CE just the other week, this one feels really underwhelming! Trying to find a good reason to keep it... Convince me?
Looking to trade Kid Icarus AR Cards. Click here for what I need. UPDATED 14/04/2014

Click here for my intro thread.
For items available exclusively to the UK, see my thread for help with item forwarding.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:16 PM

Redmagster's Flag is: UK Rural England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_Link View Post
Right, I got my Imperial Edition today. Thankfully the statue isn't broken, but the plastic insert which holds it has split from the corner above the statue and into the mould. No damage to the box though. The holder for the Artbook has torn. I assume it's been moving around in transit and smashed it up. I'm not sure what to make of this CE. After getting The Witcher CE just the other week, this one feels really underwhelming! Trying to find a good reason to keep it... Convince me?
Sounds like they def haven't solved the problems with the PC release...

The box insert quality is as poor as the Dragon Age Inquisiton and about as much use as a chocolate teapot in terms of holding things in place....

The artbook is with it in its own right - beautiful!! And Molag Bal is pretty neat as long a s he has both hands...

What colour is the steelbook Cosmic and is it sealed?? And what colour is the outer box of the CE??

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room

Live Well. Laugh Often. Love Much

My always desperately in need of update collection of shinys and other things I can't resist...
Old 06-09-2015, 03:28 PM

It's the same Steelbook as the PC by the looks of it. Sealed and G1. >.<

Outer box of the CE is white with a clear plastics slip sleeve. The CE isn't sealed.

I have XB1 copy. I'll upload some pics. Give me 5.

Looking to trade Kid Icarus AR Cards. Click here for what I need. UPDATED 14/04/2014

For items available exclusively to the UK, see my thread for help with item forwarding.

Last edited by Cosmic_Link; 06-09-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:40 PM

0329liuken's Flag is: United States Texas

Quote:
It's the same Steelbook as the PC by the looks of it. Sealed and G1. >.<

Outer box of the CE is white with a clear plastics slip sleeve. The CE isn't sealed.

I have XB1 copy. I'll upload some pics. Give me 5.

Damn... G1... They just swapped the disc withX1/PS4 version and put them in a different box... Guess I'll return mine.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0329liuken View Post
Damn... G1... They just swapped the disc withX1/PS4 version and put them in a different box... Guess I'll return mine.
Yup, pretty much. There's some guy sat in a warehouse reboxing the unsold PC copies! XD

Old 06-09-2015, 03:58 PM

Redmagster's Flag is: UK Rural England

Wise man speaks truth.... I think you may be onto something Cosmic! Thanks for the pics....

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room

Live Well. Laugh Often. Love Much

My always desperately in need of update collection of shinys and other things I can't resist...
Old 06-09-2015, 04:01 PM

Vlad's Flag is: Scotland Glasgow, Scotland

Quote:
Trying to find a good reason to keep it... Convince me?
Best first, I got the PC one way back and if it's the same then I absolutely love the artbook, it's beautiful imo, love the way they made it, it's a bit different to others in the way it's bound which is lovely.
I really like the statue too, not the best quality-wise but the bronzed paint job is nice, makes it stand out from a lot of others, decent size and the posing is nice.
I really liked the steelbook too, although it's more personal taste, nice understated ones like it are the ones I like best, so it was right up my alley.
I quite liked the big outer box too, since cutting back my outer boxes as I was literally running out of space for them, it's one of the ones that made the cut and stuck around.

You don't get much in it, but I did think it was well composed, but then again, I got it on sale, so that that may be a factor for me.

As for the actual game, I've got it downloaded just now on my PS4, got the account transfer because I'd registered my PC copy, so it was too good a bargain at £12 (IIRC) to turn down.
The only thing I'm iffy about is the "Emperor!" trophy. I don't have anything against difficult achievements/trophies or ones that take a lot of grinding, I suppose the collecting bug spread to achievements/trophies and so I've done a fair amount in my time before, I suppose you could call it 'semi-retiring' from them after getting to 200000 on Xbox and switching my main console to PS4 where unfortunately platinums are a nice feature that might have me a little (heh, only have 23 so far and am in the mid-teens level wise, but I foresee chasing more ), but this one is taking the piss.
I'm never even gonna attempt it, it's that ridiculous, leaderboard achievements should've buggered off after 2007/08 when people got the hang of achievements in games.
And I strongly disagree with the people that automatically retort that, "Oh, but they're called achievements, you're supposed to achieve things, entitled gamers want everything handed to them!" That's true to an extent, Mile High Club was an achievement, finishing WaW on veteran through the infinite enemies and unbearable grenade-spam was an achievement, grinding to level 100 in Gears 2 was an achievement (or level 188 after my game glitched and reset me to 0, heh, cheers for that Epic), but having to put in enough work equivalent to having a full-time job and no life outside of that, with no realistic way to grind to the "achievement" or to even boost it is addiction-level stuff, not an achievement.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:40 PM

KnightOfTruth's Flag is: United States

Whaaaa!?!?!??!?! G1??!?!?!?! :otheremotesthatmeanbadthings:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo....

Spoiler!
Hey all, things have really heated up lately and I'm not as available as I used to be. If I have something of yours, its still safe and sound, and I'll be looking to ship it ASAP before the next move. If you have things of mine, PLEASE PM me what I owe you and I'll send payment right away, thanks for your patience!

My Collection (WIP)
My Want List

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkhor86 View Post
That's the Truth, from the Knight of Truth
Old 06-09-2015, 05:47 PM

0329liuken's Flag is: United States Texas

Just realized although it's still G1, it holds only one disc. The PC version of the steelbook holds 4 discs.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:06 PM

MattTweeks's Flag is: United States

I had the same problem with the XB1 box. Plastic mould is split on the back, but the statue itself is fine. Only issue is the soldier (In Molag Bal's hand) has a really bent sword! Nothing a bit of heat and remoulding cant fix though.

Currently waiting a lifetime for the game to install