Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > CE Discussion

Old 11-13-2014, 10:13 AM

comaamen86's Flag is: UK
Default Re: Assassin's Creed: Unity

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayFree( ' 3') View Post
Ubisoft seems to be having a bad week...

http://finance.yahoo.com/tumblr/blog...165926902.html

but on the plus side, we get videos like these...

Post full link, my nexus don't wanna show me this video

Old 11-13-2014, 10:28 AM
CE.o News Team

Ayiu's Flag is: Europe Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by comaamen86 View Post
Post full link, my nexus don't wanna show me this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PkzIGSyjLQ
Old 11-13-2014, 12:17 PM

Redmagster's Flag is: UK Rural England

Ok so I played for a couple of hours last night and..... I'm really enjoying it!!

Ok so it has some tech issues - you can hardly miss them - floated on a roof for a while - and yes there's frame rate issues but, fundamentally, the environment is staggering and unbelievable interactive, it's visually superior to any previous AC game and the movement is vastly improved - wait til you try descending without having to hit circle every item you want to drop down....

And, personally, I love that it is less prescriptive - I don't want to be told exactly where to go next or have to do everything in an entirely linear fashion - I like wandering a little to see how it all unfolds. The level of interaction with people and surroundings is vastly better - you don't just climb facades any more you can enter and explore a lot of them. Some of the new gameplay techniques are better too as is combat

I could go on but what I'm trying to say is that I am not a tech geek who is completely hung up on the graphics etc (and I get why it would do the heads in of people like that) but what kills a game for me is if it continually freezes and falls over or is impossible to control the way you should be able to and Unity so far hasn't done any of this for me.

One thing that bugs me is the pressure developers put on themselves, having announced a launch date, to develop to that release date to the point where, in the end they compromise on their initial intentions. I would love to see games fully developed then release programmes planned when it's almost complete to cut out this initial launch problem crap.

Then maybe we'd all be raving about the visual quality, improved gameplay and the hugely ambitious level of environment interaction rather than bemoaning the crass technical failings.....

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room

Live Well. Laugh Often. Love Much

My always desperately in need of update collection of shinys and other things I can't resist...

Last edited by Redmagster; 11-13-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:24 PM

KnightOfTruth's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayFree( ' 3') View Post
Ubisoft seems to be having a bad week...

http://finance.yahoo.com/tumblr/blog...165926902.html

but on the plus side, we get videos like these...

That video was hilarious. The 4th minute definitely won it for me in terms of "most laughable moments"!

Also, the self-indictment quote on that yahoo finance article is pretty rough - I definitely don't understand why they thought NOT delaying it further was a good idea? I mean I get that they wanted to release it before BF and all that, but still - seems like maybe they should've advertised Rogue more and stuck that one with its own release date.
Hey all, things have really heated up lately and I'm not as available as I used to be. If I have something of yours, its still safe and sound, and I'll be looking to ship it ASAP before the next move. If you have things of mine, PLEASE PM me what I owe you and I'll send payment right away, thanks for your patience!

My Collection (WIP)
My Want List

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkhor86 View Post
That's the Truth, from the Knight of Truth

Last edited by KnightOfTruth; 11-13-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:32 PM

SBCollectorAl's Flag is: Germany germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmagster View Post
Ok so I played for a couple of hours last night and..... I'm really enjoying it!!

Ok so it has some tech issues - you can hardly miss them - floated on a roof for a while - and yes there's frame rate issues but, fundamentally, the environment is staggering and unbelievable interactive, it's visually superior to any previous AC game and the movement is vastly improved - wait til you try descending without having to hit circle every item you want to drop down....

And, personally, I love that it is less prescriptive - I don't want to be told exactly where to go next or have to do everything in an entirely linear fashion - I like wandering a little to see how it all unfolds. The level of interaction with people and surroundings is vastly better - you don't just climb facades any more you can enter and explore a lot of them. Some of the new gameplay techniques are better too as is combat

I could go on but what I'm trying to say is that I am not a tech geek who is completely hung up on the graphics etc (and I get why it would do the heads in of people like that) but what kills a game for me is if it continually freezes and falls over or is impossible to control the way you should be able to and Unity so far hasn't done any of this for me.

One thing that bugs me is the pressure developers put on themselves, having announced a launch date, to develop to that release date to the point where, in the end they compromise on their initial intentions. I would love to see games fully developed then release programmes planned when it's almost complete to cut out this initial launch problem crap.

Then maybe we'd all be raving about the visual quality, improved gameplay and the hugely ambitious level of environment interaction rather than bemoaning the crass technical failings.....
On which system did you play it?

You can play it with a resolution of 1080p and 60 FPS only on PC.

If you play it on PS4 or Xboxone the resolution is 900p and 30 FPS that is not next generation graphics for me and that is why I can't enjoy that game.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:56 PM

KnightOfTruth's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCollectorAl View Post
On which system did you play it?

You can play it with a resolution of 1080p and 60 FPS only on PC.

If you play it on PS4 or Xboxone the resolution is 900p and 30 FPS that is not next generation graphics for me and that is why I can't enjoy that game.
I sort of feel bad for you my friend... I guess to me graphics aren't really that important. I don't care if it feels "next gen" or not, I'm more in it for the the gameplay and storyline. Sad to see some people not being able to enjoy something cuz its not pretty.

Don't get me wrong though, I LOVE eye-candy when it comes to games and such, but out of all the things I must have in a game, graphics is second to last only to a winning soundtrack (which I also love, but don't grade games too hard if its not amazing to the audiophiles out there).
Hey all, things have really heated up lately and I'm not as available as I used to be. If I have something of yours, its still safe and sound, and I'll be looking to ship it ASAP before the next move. If you have things of mine, PLEASE PM me what I owe you and I'll send payment right away, thanks for your patience!

My Collection (WIP)
My Want List

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkhor86 View Post
That's the Truth, from the Knight of Truth
Old 11-13-2014, 02:00 PM

I am playing on PS4 and have been staggered by the quality of the light, the texture on materials, the faces (which are almost photorealistic), shadows on buildings as you climb with the light behind you, mirrors.. I could go on but I think it's impressive regardless - good enough for me to enjoy the game

My always desperately in need of update collection of shinys and other things I can't resist...
Old 11-13-2014, 02:06 PM

Just watched the vid - haven't cried that much in ages omg!! That is appalling... Am i right in thinking that's the PC version???

I did have a couple of people walking half embedded in the street but failed to get Arno raging against the machine halfway up a steeple - better luck tonight I hope...

Old 11-13-2014, 03:54 PM

comaamen86's Flag is: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmagster View Post
I don't want to be told exactly where to go next or have to do everything i..
Feminist

Old 11-13-2014, 06:57 PM

Saturn's Flag is: Portugal

My guillotine edition shipped yesterday after all . Thanks everyone who replied to me