Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > CE Discussion

Old 12-10-2011, 01:32 PM

Matrix6's Flag is: Australia
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Scale...I think that is what is missing in this phenomena. Perhaps even weight has some factor. A little 3" metallic Dragon with high detail and weighs a tonne would seem and feel very convincing no matter what it's priced.

Had this been 4 to 5 times bigger [which would certainly give it more weight], then it would have convinced more people to believe its worth.

Ultimately, I would have wanted a base made of rock solid...rock. And a Dragon sitting on the "rock" dangerously made of rusty looking iron with all it's extremely sharp spikes that you dare not touch [just like a real dragon ] But that's a dreams to be made from lots of $$.

Had I picked up one for half the price, I probably still wouldn't be satisfied with the quality of the statue...but that's just me
Old 12-11-2011, 11:46 AM

procion's Flag is: New Zealand Auckland, New Zealand

perhaps if it was as small as you would like but had it's wings outstreated instead of the batwalk-like position it is in the statue. Of course if they kept it to scale with outstretched wings the boxing it comes in would need to be far larger, enough that our friend on the bus may have needed to pay for an extra seat on the bus.
To me the weight is not an issue because the dragon looks exactly like it does in the game.

Pls feel free to join and like my Facebook page CollectorEditions: https://www.facebook.com/collectoreditions
Old 12-11-2011, 12:08 PM

kennyrh's Flag is: UK Sunderland UK

Yep, now i come to think about it . . .size is the problem. I think the statue would have been better about one third of the size but heavier and, perhaps, more detailed.

It would have solved the problem of that stupidly large packaging as well, which is a nightmare to both collectors and retailers alike.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:39 AM

Hans v Hube's Flag is: UK Berks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyrh View Post
Yep, now i come to think about it . . .size is the problem. I think the statue would have been better about one third of the size but heavier and, perhaps, more detailed.

It would have solved the problem of that stupidly large packaging as well, which is a nightmare to both collectors and retailers alike.
Yes it was fun trying to get that home on the bus!

Also it may have been a good idea to have 3 different figures for the different Versions there is plenty to pick from on the loading screens?
Old 12-15-2011, 12:48 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure what to think about it, actually. Obviously the fact that i got it for something close to half-price is a big factor in it's favour. I didn't pre-order it simply because I thought it was hideously overpriced for the content.

The artbook is outstanding, i have to say . . .but it's the statue I can't make my mind up about. I was expecting something really solid and heavy but my opinion is much the same as everyone else. The base is cheap and nasty but the dragon somehow looks cool.

If I'd paid the £90 online price at the time then i would maybe have been a bit disappointed, but at £70 - I can't really complain.

Weird thing is, although it's selling well at the new price online, my chat-buddies in the local shops say it's not shifting too well at all. And there seems to be a surplus of 360 copies with hardly any PC or PS3.
I own both the PS3 & 360 Ce Also had the std 360 which i played, found it rough around the edges & no way as good as the Pc copy i have.

With the PS3 i have opened it (but not played) but been told that as you play it gets slower & slower so will wait to they patch it up (the patches released have caused nothing but trouble) Google pages full of it (even made the BBC).
Old 12-15-2011, 07:39 PM

kennyrh's Flag is: UK Sunderland UK

Yeah, i saw something online about the PS3 version grinding to a halt the more you play it . . .unbelievable, really.

The PS3 has always been my choice for Collectors Editions but the way things are going it's rapidly becoming a PC instead of a console. Large mandatory installs and many patches before you can get the bloody games to work properly.

I certainly didn't sign on for THAT
Old 12-16-2011, 05:03 PM
DB Proprietor

scourdx's Flag is: Canada

I still think Bethesda should've added soundtrack and game from previous Elderscroll to sweeten the deal. Perhaps they should think about beefing up their display box. The game box certainly doesn't hold out on it's own. When my package arrives, it is already dented at the side. When I check out the store, majority of the CE have either ripped or dented.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourdx View Post
I still think Bethesda should've added soundtrack and game from previous Elderscroll to sweeten the deal. Perhaps they should think about beefing up their display box. The game box certainly doesn't hold out on it's own. When my package arrives, it is already dented at the side. When I check out the store, majority of the CE have either ripped or dented.
No doubt after the 5th Anniversary Ed of Oblivion & if it sold well next year for Xmas we could have all of them together in one massive GOTY/s ed?
But depends on how the world is going (it takes them 2-3 years to make next one)?

Yes looking at the Star wars Collectors Ed i received today far more compact & strong would have preferred Skyrim to have been of that size

The same should go to Fallout, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Killzone, Uncharted & No doubt COD just to make some more £££ out of you (COD that is the rest i would buy).
Old 12-16-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Yeah, i saw something online about the PS3 version grinding to a halt the more you play it . . .unbelievable, really.

The PS3 has always been my choice for Collectors Editions but the way things are going it's rapidly becoming a PC instead of a console. Large mandatory installs and many patches before you can get the bloody games to work properly.

I certainly didn't sign on for THAT
& that saying my computer is near 7 years old & only has had one upgrade to a HD 5700 card
Old 12-18-2011, 06:27 PM

Resseh's Flag is: UK

I suppose i thought it looked cheap and nasty as i was comparing to some lord of the rings Weta statues that i bought years ago for £100+.