Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > CE Discussion

Old 12-19-2011, 08:54 PM

Hans v Hube's Flag is: UK Berks
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I do remember reading somewhere that like Morrowind if you left doors open in the game world the program has to continually remember this & as the game progressed the loading became longer & longer to the point of the fake error message to say the disk is dirty take it out & clean it.

With Skyrim i think there is no re-spawning of enemies so once you kill say a bear it stays there (do correct me if i am wrong) so would this also have to be remembered by the game (or if it disappears the same if that's it) ?

I would think re-spawning is a quick way of clearing necessarily data backing up/needing to be stored by the game?
Also the shops do not for long keep the stock you sold but have a bit better stock as you level up.

Would anyone agree?
Old 12-20-2011, 04:49 AM

Matrix6's Flag is: Australia

http://www.examiner.com/console-gami...-100-at-newegg

Less than US$100 for the CE! wowouch!!
Old 12-21-2011, 01:01 AM

CaptainJackHarknes's Flag is: United States

1 month 8 days later. Unfortunately, 1 week too late as I got mine for $161...but then again I also got 2 steam copies for free ($59.99). All of this for $100 is a grand-slam deal saving $60 (with tax) (49 + $12 tax).

Also @Matrix, don't be too quick to say "Ouch" it's not a big dent from $149 to $100. Maybe if it was 49.99 that's definitely painful. As I saw, you bought Old Republic CE, but this will just drop in price even more (since you imported yours). Newegg, Best Buy (in stores), Walmart (in stores), Kmart, QVC ($10 more expensive) stocked 20+ of these... Of course the price people have to wait for paying a few dollars less (say $50 at best case scenario ever) is waiting until next year...If history shows us one thing, this will drop in price as well.

In my opinion, as a collector, if you want something (especially a MMO that is so time dependent unlike Skyrim or singleplayer games), it's best to just get it now. In the end you save $50, but it's as if you just pay $1 a day to get it earlier. Besides, it's not like you aren't already paying $14.99 a month anyways for the game for however long you play it...

Titles like this I severely doubt will drop to $79.99 like Killzone 3 from 129.99 (which was also $50 at most and $60 drop at other retailers without tax). I can see Old Republic at $95-$99 at most price-drop wise unless it really remains on shelves THAT long.

Last edited by CaptainJackHarknes; 12-21-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:50 PM

Lemur's Flag is: Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans v Hube View Post
I do remember reading somewhere that like Morrowind if you left doors open in the game world the program has to continually remember this & as the game progressed the loading became longer & longer to the point of the fake error message to say the disk is dirty take it out & clean it.

With Skyrim i think there is no re-spawning of enemies so once you kill say a bear it stays there (do correct me if i am wrong) so would this also have to be remembered by the game (or if it disappears the same if that's it) ?

I would think re-spawning is a quick way of clearing necessarily data backing up/needing to be stored by the game?
Also the shops do not for long keep the stock you sold but have a bit better stock as you level up.

Would anyone agree?
From what I've seen, enemies do respawn. I have some areas that I cleared but when I visit them again after some time the enemies respawned.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:41 PM

saidean's Flag is: Singapore

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I'm based in Singapore and am keen to obtain a Skyrim CE for the PC. I've finally found one shop here that sells the PC version (most others have the PS3 boxes). The really odd thing about it is that the shop staff said that the CE box does not contain the Skyrim game but instead it is provided to the shop separately. That is, the huge box has 'stuck' to it on the exterior the normal DVD gamebox (presumably containing the game disc and manual).

This got me a tad suspicious. I'd have expected that the game would be enclosed in the box somewhere, much like the various unboxing videos I've seen on youtube (but these were for xbox/ps3 boxes).

Can I check with those of you who have the PC Skyrim CE box:

1. Does your game disc come within the box?
2. Is this disc within the hard cardboard enclosure with the skyrim logo and contains the documentary DVD as well?

It may well be that the CE box, because it comes from the USA, may contain a game disc that isn't playable in Asia/Singapore, and hence a separate game is required and attached to the box. I'm not sure about this though.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated...! Many thanks!
Old 12-27-2011, 04:43 PM

Matrix6's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJackHarknes View Post
1 month 8 days later. Unfortunately, 1 week too late as I got mine for $161...but then again I also got 2 steam copies for free ($59.99). All of this for $100 is a grand-slam deal saving $60 (with tax) (49 + $12 tax).

Also @Matrix, don't be too quick to say "Ouch" it's not a big dent from $149 to $100. Maybe if it was 49.99 that's definitely painful. As I saw, you bought Old Republic CE, but this will just drop in price even more (since you imported yours). Newegg, Best Buy (in stores), Walmart (in stores), Kmart, QVC ($10 more expensive) stocked 20+ of these... Of course the price people have to wait for paying a few dollars less (say $50 at best case scenario ever) is waiting until next year...If history shows us one thing, this will drop in price as well.

In my opinion, as a collector, if you want something (especially a MMO that is so time dependent unlike Skyrim or singleplayer games), it's best to just get it now. In the end you save $50, but it's as if you just pay $1 a day to get it earlier. Besides, it's not like you aren't already paying $14.99 a month anyways for the game for however long you play it...

Titles like this I severely doubt will drop to $79.99 like Killzone 3 from 129.99 (which was also $50 at most and $60 drop at other retailers without tax). I can see Old Republic at $95-$99 at most price-drop wise unless it really remains on shelves THAT long.
I've found that the CE for Skyrim has also dropped in price by $50 here, but that's if you can find it in-stores locally with very little quantity. As it was only about 4-5 different types of stores stocked it, I doubt even EBGames have any in-store unless it was returned by a customer who bought it?!

If more does turn up somehow in the near future, it would most likely be on a sale price as well. As for Old Republic CE, being from down under, the game doesn't even have a release date as of yet and the likelihood of the same CE being released would be most unlikely I also don't have many options but to get one from amazon.com and can't really take the risk of waiting for it to come on sale [if/when they do] as they also offer the best shipping cost. So at times I will have to bite the bullet of paying full price but at least it's a relief knowing I won't miss out either Take the Reckoning CE/LE for instance, they're very limited in numbers and are only available for purchase for the residents of the US/Canada. That gives little chances for outsiders of obtaining such a CE

We win some, we lose some unfortunately.

@saidean That sounds pretty dodgy to me. The game should be included inside the package especially if it came from the US. I also assumed that PC discs were region free?? Not sure if this will help, but this is what I'd expect from the PC CE...which should be exactly the same as the console versions.

The layout inside the package would and should be all the same whether you get a PC or console version. The game comes in a digi-pack and is also the same size for all format. My PS3 came in a G1 [DVD] size digi-pack and I'd expect the Xbox360 and PC to come in that size as well. The Digi-pak is not labelled either, you should find that it doesn't signify which console/PC it's coming from until you see the discs or the manual inside the package. So if anyone claims that the CE doesn't come with the game inside, then I would only suspect that it's been opened and taken out?! I'm not 100% but I'd definitely be not 100% on those seller either [hope that helps in anyway]

Last edited by Matrix6; 12-27-2011 at 05:03 PM. Reason: skyrimming
Old 12-27-2011, 10:47 PM

CaptainJackHarknes's Flag is: United States

At the person from Singapore....if it came from the US then it is NTSC standard if its 360 OR PS3.

If its PC - it is not region locked, so the person either took out the discs and is selling it separately for extra money.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:24 PM

saidean's Flag is: Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJackHarknes View Post
At the person from Singapore....if it came from the US then it is NTSC standard if its 360 OR PS3.

If its PC - it is not region locked, so the person either took out the discs and is selling it separately for extra money.
Thanks guys for the quick response, and yes, I suspect that dodgy fella to be dodgily selling separate bits on the sly.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:18 PM
DB Proprietor

Xmo's Flag is: United States Carson, California

*** Added Premium Edition and Pictures to other edition to database ***
Old 01-27-2013, 11:51 PM

procion's Flag is: New Zealand Auckland, New Zealand

Wow that is quite a nice edition. Thanks for sharing m8 . It's not too unsimilar from the New Zealand Limited Edition from EB games. Let's hope Beth has some nice CEs out for Scrolls Online and that they are available pre game release in enough quantities for those whom preorder them in time before release (ie not sold out in TWO hours).
On a different note I signed up for Scrolls Online Beta the other day. I hope they accept me and anyone else from this site whom loves the franchise and canon. Hope to see you all in-game

Pls feel free to join and like my Facebook page CollectorEditions: https://www.facebook.com/collectoreditions