Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Video Game Collecting

Old 03-03-2013, 11:22 AM

imironmann's Flag is: United States Tennessee
Default What bonus are you getting for that pre-order?

I wasn't sure where to post this but I'd love to see a sticky for it.

I thought at one time I saw a thread like this but I can't find it now.

Looking for future pre orders nothing thats already been released.

I'm sure many others like me have been looking at someones collection and discovered some unique collectible you'd really like to have. After asking about it you discover it was a pre order bonus and now is almost impossible to find, at least not with out having to give up your first born! Although that may not always be a bad thing

I'm not talking about that tuxedo T-shirt for my avatar. No matter how sexy they may be I don't want 18 bikinis for my in game character either. Not looking for exclusive weapons with a gold skin or weapons that are useless after the first 3 missions. I'm not looking for DLC pre orders.

I want to know about that postcard, keychain, lanyard, lithograph, that figure or that art book. Anything I can hold in my hand and futher clutter my shelfs with.

Since there are already so many pages of steelbooks here and every other game seems to be getting steelbooks now that might be the only physical item not to post in this thread. Just to keep it from getting cluttered. What do you guys think?

So come on and tell us about what your country or local shop is getting. Let us know how/where to get it. Post a link. Mail me your bonus! I don't mind
Old 03-03-2013, 11:37 AM

vhal_x's Flag is: Scotland Glasgow, Scotland.
Default Re: What bonus are you getting for that pre-order?

I actually really like this idea. If some sort of subsection could be added to the database to allow preorder bonuses to have their own database in with the games, I think it'd be pretty awesome.

I'm a bit of a preorder bonus fiend, I don't mind DLC stuff if it's a game I really want to play, but physical items are always preferable, and if there was a database for us, it'd make it easier to tell the official stuff from the fan-made, or fakely-labelled-as-press-kit stuff that we see far too often.

Not sure how easy it'd be to implement though, that's the only problem, since they aren't editions so can't be suggested as such within the database - so not sure if under each game there should be an "Editions" section and "Bonus/Promo Items" section. Plus it'd be very time consuming to add it all (but I'd definitely help out with any of the things I own).

Anyway, great idea imironmann xx

Instagram/CollectingAsylum/Twitter
Old 03-03-2013, 11:56 AM

imironmann's Flag is: United States Tennessee

Thanks vhal

It would be great if they could be added to the database somehow. I'm sure that would be an insane task to take on.

I find myself often missing out on these little nick nacks.

Thought it would be nice to have a heads up on stuff rather than finding out about it a week after everythings been handed out.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:21 PM

Yeah, I've too often been gutted as I've discovered an awesome preorder bonus, only to find I'm too late to get it anywhere without paying stupid ebay prices, or I'm just simply too late to find one at all >.< xx

Old 03-03-2013, 12:33 PM

comaamen86's Flag is: UK

hhmmm bear with me there is a space for that info on db enteries i will do one and you guys can tell me if it is what you want, will also run it by twisted to see if he is ok with it

Old 03-03-2013, 12:47 PM

http://collectorsedition.org/game-db...ion-pc-dvd-rom

added the gamestop.co.uk steelbook to uk additions

is this what you would like to see?

Old 03-03-2013, 01:02 PM

Kinda like that. That will probably be the easiest way to implement it, but I was thinking that see in the table where it has the bits you can click, so for example, on that page, you can click which Platform, Edition or Format (shouldn't Format say region? Since Format and Platform could both mean the same thing?). I was thinking put a subsection in there, below Edition (since some preorder bonuses are not with editions, just standard game only) so you could choose from Platform, Edition, Promo/Bonus Item or Format.

So for example, when you click "Fink MFG Steelbook" from the Promo/Bonus section, it would say stuff like:

Available as a preorder bonus for Bioshock Infinite from the following countries:

UK: GameStop Exclusive, bonus with standard game or Premium Edition.
France: ____ Exclusive, etc.
etc. etc.

And then include a front shot, back shot, inside artwork shot and spine shot.

Does that make sense? xx

Old 03-03-2013, 01:04 PM

Could also have info about whatever item it is, such as did/does it come sealed, is it available for purchase seperately (as opposed to a bonus item which is unavailable elsewhere), is it limited, is it numbered, is it hard to come by, etc.

I might just be putting too much thought into it though, as this is all the stuff I'll be implementing into my site database (for all of my own editions, etc) xx

Old 03-03-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhal_x View Post
Could also have info about whatever item it is, such as did/does it come sealed, is it available for purchase seperately (as opposed to a bonus item which is unavailable elsewhere), is it limited, is it numbered, is it hard to come by, etc.

I might just be putting too much thought into it though, as this is all the stuff I'll be implementing into my site database (for all of my own editions, etc) xx
hard to come by would never be added to db as that is opinion based as opposed to factual
numbered would be added to info if that info is available and correct
available for purchase i believe before has been added but usually as its own steelbook entry but when included with game not as a singular steel with no game
http://collectorsedition.org/game-db...dition-360-pal

and sealed unsealed, would be hard if it is a future entry as how would you know until you have it in your hands?

saying that sealed unsealed in db entries in my opinion would not be relevant as it is not in the spirit of why db entries are Added, i have not seen it added before

Old 03-03-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhal_x View Post
Kinda like that. That will probably be the easiest way to implement it, but I was thinking that see in the table where it has the bits you can click, so for example, on that page, you can click which Platform, Edition or Format (shouldn't Format say region? Since Format and Platform could both mean the same thing?). I was thinking put a subsection in there, below Edition (since some preorder bonuses are not with editions, just standard game only) so you could choose from Platform, Edition, Promo/Bonus Item or Format.

So for example, when you click "Fink MFG Steelbook" from the Promo/Bonus section, it would say stuff like:

Available as a preorder bonus for Bioshock Infinite from the following countries:

UK: GameStop Exclusive, bonus with standard game or Premium Edition.
France: ____ Exclusive, etc.
etc. etc.

And then include a front shot, back shot, inside artwork shot and spine shot.

Does that make sense? xx

format is more usefull than region as i get where you are coming from, but say a pc entry dvd or cd rom format works better as it is not a region issue

and as for numerous countrys that are getting a steel bonus they would all be listed above the pick when knowledge is known

and multiple shots of a steel are nice but can only be used if available (which is only usually once steel is released) and if okay, has to be an proper commercial shot or approved by twisted cant just take pics and lob em on the db