Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > CE News

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:28 PM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH
Default Borderlands 2 Swag-Filled Limited Edition Diamond Plate Loot Chest announced by Gearbox at PAX East

Over the weekend during PAX East, Gearbox announced the "Borderlands 2 Swag-Filled Limited Edition Diamond Plate Loot Chest". For those of you who missed out on the Ultimate Loot Chest Edition of Borderlands 2, now you'll have a second chance to something... similar.

The Borderlands 2 Swag-Filled Limited Edition Diamond Plate Loot Chest will be sold exclusively through ThinkGeek.com at a price of $99 and includes the following:
  • Diamond Plate Loot Chest (18" long x 8" deep x 6.25" tall)
  • Loot Chest Certificate of Authenticity
  • A rare vacuform Goliath mask w/ SHiFT code that unlocks the head in-game
  • 20 Trading cards with SHiFT codes that unlock Legendary items in game
  • Vault Hunters Wanted Poster
  • Window Decals for Hyperion, Jakobs, Maliwan, and more
One thing that you'll notice is absent from the list is a copy of the game. This isn't so much an "edition" as it is a collection of swag and in-game content. This is a great opportunity to buy a Borderlands 2 Loot Chest if you missed it the first time around, or if you're interested in buying your way into some legendary weapons rather than grinding or trading online. For those of you who don't fall into those groups the price seems a little steep for what you get but the limited nature should keep the hardcore collectors happy.

Thanks to Umair Fiza for the tip!... View this article on the HomePage.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:49 PM

Vikingo82's Flag is: Spain
Default Re: Borderlands 2 Swag-Filled Limited Edition Diamond Plate Loot Chest announced by G

Sold out in one day...
Old 03-26-2013, 11:54 PM

SwiftDeath's Flag is: United States Chicago, IL
Default Re: Borderlands 2 Swag-Filled Limited Edition Diamond Plate Loot Chest announced by G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingo82 View Post
Sold out in one day...
Hasn't been put up for sale yet

Note this part:

"Sweet ThinkGeek Exclusive! Coming in June!
Click the green email button and sign up to know as soon as these hit our warehouse!"

I.E. hasn't been listed yet for pre-order

I thought it sold out at first as well

@ TwistedSymphony

Supposedly will also be sold through forbidden planet and gear boxes own store

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/24/414...in-may-for-100

January Update: Notebooks, Art, AC Items, Press Kits

Spoiler!

Old 03-26-2013, 11:58 PM

Vikingo82's Flag is: Spain

I take a look yesterday, and this available to preorder... There was a button for preordering for 99,99...

But couldn't took it...too much stuff this month...

Yesterday it was available for sure...I already registered thinking seriously to take for the Goliath replica mask...

Don't know if they have take out the preorders by now...but yesterday it was possible...
Old 03-27-2013, 06:58 PM

I emailed Thinkgeeks customer support yesterday to confirm whether or not this had been up for pre-order yet

Here is their response:

Quote:
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for contacting ThinkGeek Customer Service! Unfortunately, we do not currently accept pre-orders for items that are not yet in stock. However, we are currently expecting to have them available in by June 6th. If you would like, you may sign up to receive an e-mail notification for when it comes back in stock. To do so, simply visit the product page for the item and click the "e-mail me when available" link. I do apologize for any inconvenience.

If there is anything else that I can help you with, please do not hesitate to ask. Stay geeky, and may the force be with you!
Basically Thinkgeek just plain doesn't do Pre-Orders at all for any item that is not in stock

More interesting expected date is June 6th for those who like to plan in advance

Looking at you Vhal

Spoiler!

Old 03-27-2013, 07:09 PM

vhal_x's Flag is: Scotland Glasgow, Scotland.

Yeah, I've got it planned. No idea if I can get it yet, but I'm hoping for the best. I phoned FP but they didn't know when they would be listed for preorder or if they'll follow think geek's lead. Allan's birthday is mid May, so providing he gets money from family then we'll be all good xx

Instagram/CollectingAsylum/Twitter
Old 03-27-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhal_x View Post
Yeah, I've got it planned. No idea if I can get it yet, but I'm hoping for the best. I phoned FP but they didn't know when they would be listed for preorder or if they'll follow think geek's lead. Allan's birthday is mid May, so providing he gets money from family then we'll be all good xx
Always good to hear

I quite like the looks of this edition even if it isn't a proper CE (I.E. doesn't come with the game)

Much more limited and comes with a replica mask and some other goodies

Spoiler!

Old 03-27-2013, 07:16 PM

vhal_x's Flag is: Scotland Glasgow, Scotland.

Yeah, it's definitely on my must have list. I think I'll cry if I miss out haha XD xx

Instagram/CollectingAsylum/Twitter
Old 03-27-2013, 07:43 PM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH

I'm going to pass on this one personally. I'm a HUGE Borderlands Fan but I was pretty disappointed with the Ultimate Loot Chest Edition. I kinda feel like this one further devalues the already overproduced loot chests they've made.

... that and I've already got pretty much every Legendary Weapon... so those shift codes are worthless to me. The only thing about this I like is the Goliath Mask but meh... not worth $100 just for that.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:00 PM

Perfectly understandable twisted

The whole Borderlands loot chest debacle was before my time on here but I believe it had to do with Gear Box basically misleading gamers on how limited that edition was going to be?

I believe they said limited to 50000 but that was just for North America or maybe just the US?

I know it left a lot of people disheartened by the whole thing

Original Loot Edition was cool CE though but far less limited than advertised

Still have to pick it up though

Spoiler!

Closed Thread