Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Video Game Collecting

Old 04-24-2013, 07:09 AM

Mancoon's Flag is: United States
Default Possibly one of the rarest and most controversial limited editions ever

Hey everyone just letting those interested know that dead island and zombie bait edition is not being scraped and actually being released in extremely limited quantities to interested collectors. These are the words of developer deep silver not me, how rare is extremely limited? I don't know. For those who don't know this was the edition that caused a shit storm earlier in the year when it was announced. It contained a limb less woman's torso in union jack bikini. I've seen worse I don't understand the issue. They originally opologized and discontinued production. Well it's for sale tomorrow. I normally wouldn't but have a feeling this could be a good one to hold onto. You can only order from the UK or Australia. I live in the states and pre ordered it earlier. 126 dollars shipped. Let me know what you guys think. The us version or any others don't come with the limbless lady's bust, ha literally.

here is link to ign article.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/04/24...-ships-anyway?

Last edited by Mancoon; 04-24-2013 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:47 AM

Harlequin's Flag is: Australia Melbourne
Default Re: Possibly one of the rarest and most controversial limited editions ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancoon View Post
Hey everyone just letting those interested know that dead island and zombie bait edition is not being scraped and actually being released in extremely limited quantities to interested collectors. These are the words of developer deep silver not me, how rare is extremely limited? I don't know. For those who don't know this was the edition that caused a shit storm earlier in the year when it was announced. It contained a limb less woman's torso in union jack bikini. I've seen worse I don't understand the issue. They originally opologized and discontinued production. Well it's for sale tomorrow. I normally wouldn't but have a feeling this could be a good one to hold onto. You can only order from the UK or Australia. I live in the states and pre ordered it earlier. 126 dollars shipped. Let me know what you guys think. The us version or any others don't come with the limbless lady's bust, ha literally.

here is link to ign article.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/04/24...-ships-anyway?
While notthat rare, it is definitely controversial.

Also, next time, post in the CE discussion section, specifically, the Dead Island Riptide thread. Memorabilia is for statues, figurines, posters, etc.

I'm rich, I'm miserable - I'm actually pretty average for this town!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Possibly one of the rarest and most controversial limited editions ever

Do you know how many there are? I figured extremely limited means it's rare especially coming from the publisher. But maybe not. I don't feel so bad consider they are selling almost triple what I paid on ebay, I guess we'll find out numbers later

Last edited by Mancoon; 04-24-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:27 AM

SwiftDeath's Flag is: United States Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancoon View Post
Do you know how many there are? I figured extremely limited means it's rare especially coming from the publisher. But maybe not. I don't feel so bad consider they are selling almost triple what I paid on ebay, I guess we'll find out numbers later
Only number I've heard is 8000 units which is limited but not crazy so

I'm also not sure if that's a regional number (I.e. 8000 for uk, 8000 for Germany, 8000 for Australia) or 8000 worldwide

Personally I think it's a regional number but I'm sure Vhal will correct me

January Update: Notebooks, Art, AC Items, Press Kits

Spoiler!

Old 04-24-2013, 08:36 AM

Galahad's Flag is: United States

Hmmm... it releases in 2 days and is not sold out yet (as opposed to the last of us postpandemic which sold out 5 months in advance).
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dead-Island-...rds=zombiebait
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms.../10665571.html
why is zavvi discounting such a limited exclusive on pre-order? (aliens colonial marines ce was discounted on pre-order also) Why is a big retail powerhouse like amazon carrying this edition if it is so scandalous?

Reminds me of the so called rare MetalGear Reveangence Limited Zavvi Edition with the white raiden
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms.../10647082.html
that they keep discounting and discounting ...

I'm probably wrong because I never know what's going to become rare...I hope you're right OP, and hit this one out of the park in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by Galahad; 04-24-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:18 AM

Those are good questions, it's possibly discounted because of controversy, yeah I bought mine through amazon. It could have been a publicity stunt, originally I don't collect many collectors editions only a few a year, this one I was passing on, cause I thought they were not selling this version. Many others probably will buy for this reason. I don't know, what is a normal worldwide release. How many song birds are out there. With thus I don't know. I heard each country hot different ones such as Australia would get the bikini painted in thier flag rather than union jack and they would get the least amount. But that was probably just a rumor.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:23 AM

vhal_x's Flag is: Scotland Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftDeath View Post
Only number I've heard is 8000 units which is limited but not crazy so

I'm also not sure if that's a regional number (I.e. 8000 for uk, 8000 for Germany, 8000 for Australia) or 8000 worldwide

Personally I think it's a regional number but I'm sure Vhal will correct me
Surprisingly, this is one fact I don't actually know They originally said limited to 8000 and exclusive to Europe, but now AUS has it too, so not sure what's up anymore.

Also, the bikinis ARE different, so maybe it's 8000 of each bikini? There are four so far I know of:

British flag.
AUS Flag - confirmed on a video.
French flag - only seen promo pics, still needs to be confirmed.
American Flag - from Austria - seen pics of them being painted, haven't seen a "bought copy" yet though.

Raging that the bikinis are different, as I will need to hunt each variant down in order to complete my Dead Island collection xx

Instagram/CollectingAsylum/Twitter
Old 04-24-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhal_x View Post
Surprisingly, this is one fact I don't actually know They originally said limited to 8000 and exclusive to Europe, but now AUS has it too, so not sure what's up anymore.

Also, the bikinis ARE different, so maybe it's 8000 of each bikini? There are four so far I know of:

British flag.
American Flag - from Austria - seen pics of them being painted, haven't seen a "bought copy" yet though.

Raging that the bikinis are different, as I will need to hunt each variant down in order to complete my Dead Island collection xx
I know of the American and Australian bikini flags but have the french or british flags been seen in any unboxing videos yet or just promo stuff?

Spoiler!

Old 04-24-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhal_x View Post

British flag.

Yeah might be 8000 of each bikini although I have my doubts the UK bikini is limited to 8000 as it still hasn't sold out on any of the 3 stores there

lol Dead Island is a very unforgiving game for collectors

Just look at the database entry

http://collectorsedition.org/game-db...ech-pc-dvd-rom

And I'm pretty sure I found another 2 editions

Albeit they only offer some pre-order bonuses so more like bundles

Spoiler!

Old 04-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Staff Member

mosavon's Flag is: UK United Kingdom

Thread Moved & Posts Deleted.

Rudeness towards another member who merely pointed out that you had posted in the wrong section will not be tolerated.