Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > CE News

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 06:25 PM
CE.o News Team

Ayiu's Flag is: Europe Europe
Default Grand Theft Auto V Special and Collector's Editions Announced + Pre-Order In-Game Atomic Blimp

Today Rockstar has announced full details of the Special Edition and Collector's Edition of Grand Theft Auto V which will be available for worldwide pre-order starting today from participating retailers. There is really not much more to say. So, here is what you get and how much you have pay for it.
The Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition

It will retail for $79.99 USD and includes the following:
  • Collectible SteelBook with Exclusive Artwork
    This special SteelBook features double-sided, never-before-seen artwork of Michael, Trevor and Franklin. Custom color and metallic treatments bring out the detail of the artwork created exclusively for this SteelBook.
  • Blueprint Map
    This exclusive, additional 21.5? x 26.75? map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County. Cryptic markings indicate locations for fast cash and other points of interest for the up-and-coming entrepreneur.
  • Special Ability Boost
    Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster.
  • Stunt Plane Trials
    Single player Stunt Plane Trials let you take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County.
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More
    Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County.
  • Additional Weapons
    When visiting Ammunation stores in single player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.

The?Grand Theft Auto V Collector?s Edition

It will retail for $149.99 and includes all the contents of Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition as described above plus:
  • Premium Outer Box
    featuring a foil embossed Grand Theft Auto V logo on the top, finished with a matte, scuff-resistant film lamination, housing all of the contents.
  • Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
    Inspired by the heists in Grand Theft Auto V, this custom 10.75? x 8.5? money bag features a pop-up style lock and laser cut logo key to secure important items. The reverse side features a pressed Rockstar Games logo on the security mount with a framed ID window.
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY? Snapback Cap
    This exclusive New Era 9FIFTY? cap features an embroidered Los Santos logo on the front, a stitched, black Rockstar Games logo on the wearer?s left side, a Grand Theft Auto ?V? logo applique on the opposite side, and snapback closure for an adjustable fit.
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
    Get classic Grand Theft Auto characters to use within the Grand Theft Auto Online Character Creation System.
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property
    Players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930?s style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.

Pre-Order In-Game Bonus - Atomic Blimp

For those who pre-order any edition of Grand Theft Auto V (including the Special Edition, Collector?s Edition or the standard retail edition) between now and September 17th will get access to pilot the Atomic Blimp in-game vehicle.

All versions are now available for pre-order until September 17, 2013 while supplies last.

Look for online pre-order links to be updated at Rockstargames

Thanks to ce.o member?comaamen86 for adding the editions to the db!... View this article on the HomePage.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:42 PM

comaamen86's Flag is: UK
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V Special and Collector's Editions Announced + Pre-Order In-Game

nice post little germy

Old 05-24-2013, 04:06 AM

Tubigdomo's Flag is: Australia Sydney
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V Special and Collector's Editions Announced + Pre-Order In-Game

Crap I can't find the collector's edition on australia's EB... Is it already sold out????
Old 05-24-2013, 04:16 AM

SwiftDeath's Flag is: United States Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubigdomo View Post
Crap I can't find the collector's edition on australia's EB... Is it already sold out????
I think its exclusive to Mightyape NZ for some reason by you

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/search/?i...s+edition&nt=1

January Update: Notebooks, Art, AC Items, Press Kits

Spoiler!

Old 05-24-2013, 04:41 AM

Tubigdomo's Flag is: Australia Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftDeath View Post
I think its exclusive to Mightyape NZ for some reason by you

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/search/?i...s+edition&nt=1
It's only exclusive to EB games in Australia.

I called two EB games stores: one said it is sold out and another said it is only available to people who already pre-ordered the normal edition.

Thanks for your help SwiftDeath, I've pre-ordered on the nz site. Fingers crossed they will deliver: The NZ EB also say it is exclusive so the only reason mightyape nz have it is they somehow pre-ordered at EB in bulk, or it is a scam.

I highly doubt it is the latter.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:24 AM

imironmann's Flag is: United States Tennessee

Earlier today the CE was up for pre order on the Rockstar warehouse. I had it in my basket ready to check out but didn't.

I can't find it now.

Anyone know what happened?
Old 05-24-2013, 05:33 AM

CanisCanemEdit's Flag is: United States Tallon Overworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by imironmann View Post
Earlier today the CE was up for pre order on the Rockstar warehouse. I had it in my basket ready to check out but didn't.

I can't find it now.

Anyone know what happened?
I was thinking the same thing. It sold out as soon as I finished reading my Rockstar email.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:38 AM

imironmann's Flag is: United States Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanisCanemEdit View Post
I was thinking the same thing. It sold out as soon as I finished reading my Rockstar email.
I have a hard time believing it sold out that quick.

I guess it's possible but I think maybe it's something else.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:12 AM

CanisCanemEdit's Flag is: United States Tallon Overworld

Well, I was reading the comments section and a lot of worldwide people who don't have it available anywhere else went to order from the Rockstar warehouse. So, it's possible perhaps.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:40 AM

SwiftDeath's Flag is: United States Chicago, IL

Just get it from gamestop US online

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/gta-5

They tout it as a gamestop exclusive so wondering if that's why it was taken off rockstar warehouse

January Update: Notebooks, Art, AC Items, Press Kits

Spoiler!

Closed Thread