Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Introductions and Show-Off

Old 05-24-2013, 09:16 AM

Boinkzoink's Flag is: Singapore Singapore
Default Alden's Zoo of Chaos!

Hello!

My name is Alden, and I am from Singapore. I love to collect things that I can afford, and I also happen to be bad at introductions, so please bear with me through my incessant exposition-heavy speech.

I stumbled upon this forum while "googling" Bioshock Infinite a while ago, and like a ghost, i have been haunting this site ever since. I doubt i will ever need another replacement website for my gaming needs, coz this place is really THAT good! Heck, even refreshing this website on my browser is becoming an addiction. Kudos to everyone here for your hard work at sharing the latest gaming news, as well as your passion for spending lavishly on your... passion!

Now, a little more about me.

I grew up being a Final Fantasy VII fan. But I was young, so the stuff i could afford back then was probably only the pirated game for my PC. I remember that the graphics turned out so warped, I couldn't complete the game because I couldn't see the exit out of the Slums. Literally.

Eventually though, when I started working I was able to spend more on the franchises that I grew to love; Spiderman, Bioshock, FF7, Prometheus etc.. I also collect some Boardgames, and original Posters or Blu-rays of movies that i really enjoy. Personal favorite movie of all time? Absolutely Donnie Darko! That twisted ending!

(Update on 23 July 2013!)

Click on the following links to access my entire collections:

- Bioshock Collection

- Spider-man Collection

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Without further ado, here are some pictures of my collection. (More to come!)

< Bioshock Series >

To be honest, My Bioshock collection only truly "blossomed" about a month ago. Heck, I had to order the Songbird edition through ebay because I missed out on the pre-orders, worrying that the statue wasn't going to be worth it.

When the game was finally released in Singapore, virtually every local store here was out of the Songbird editions, citing that stocks have been taken. So I ended up getting a Premium Edition first, just to tide over.

Most of the stuff that you will see below were bought through Ebay ("OMG YOU ARE CHARGING THAT FOR SHIPPING??) over the past month, except for my Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition and Bioshock PS3 console edition. Haha.. my savings account is currently drowning in blood, and barely alive after being "Bioshock-ed".

1. Bioshock Infinite Songbird Edition, Premium Edition, with the Futureshop and "Fink" Steelbooks:

2. Sealed Bioshock Collector's Edition and Steelbook:

3. Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition and Bioshock 1 (Console edition):

4. Artbooks and Special Edition guidebooks for Bioshock 2 and Bioshock Infinite:

5. Autographed Mind in Revolt book (#04/15) with Certificate of Authencity:

6. Bioshock Masquerade and Steinman Lithographs, with Buckin Bronco Screenprint Poster (#105/300):

7. Bioshock Infinite Skyhook Replica with Limited Columbia Concept Statue (#03/1000):

8. Bioshock action figures:

9. Bioshock Infinite Fink Theater Lithograph (#283/500): * Newly Added!

Even though my Bioshock collection is relatively puny when compared to the legends in this forum, I feel super satisfied with it nonetheless. I will definitely be adding more stuff once my savings account has stopped bleeding.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Next up: My Spider-man collection! But they are mostly figurines if you guys don't mind, coz this is a gaming website after all..

Thank you for surviving Alden's Zoo of Chaos!

Last edited by Boinkzoink; 07-23-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:32 AM

vhal_x's Flag is: Scotland Glasgow, Scotland.
Default Re: Alden's Zoo of Chaos!

Welcome Awesome stuff

I agree that Donnie Darko is amazing, my boyfriend made me watch the film years ago (even though I didn't want to!) and after it I absolutely loved it. Think we have like 5 copies of it now

Can't wait to see your Spidey stuff xx

Instagram/CollectingAsylum/Twitter
Old 05-24-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhal_x View Post
Welcome Awesome stuff

I agree that Donnie Darko is amazing, my boyfriend made me watch the film years ago (even though I didn't want to!) and after it I absolutely loved it. Think we have like 5 copies of it now

Can't wait to see your Spidey stuff xx

Thank you Vhal_x! Its great to find another fan of the film here. For you, I have just taken some quick shots of my Donnie Donnie stuff. It's not much, but there wasn't too many collectibles available for the movie i think:

<Donnie Darko Collection>

1. Donnie Darko Blu-ray, Action Figures (6" and 12")

2. 12" talking Frank The Bunny

I have yet to open the 12" Frank action figure, so I wonder if he is still able to say those legendary lines... Am working hard to upload those Spider-man pictures. Haha..

Last edited by Boinkzoink; 05-24-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:00 PM

Lemur's Flag is: Singapore

Nice another Singaporean collector! Welcome buddy and that's an amazing bioshock collection you've got going
Old 05-24-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
Nice another Singaporean collector! Welcome buddy and that's an amazing bioshock collection you've got going

Thank you Lemur! Are there more Singaporeans in this forum too?

Finally, I am done with my Spider-Man pictures. Haha... Here goes~

< Spider-Man Collection >

I became a fan of the franchise ever since the first Spider-man film in 2002, mainly because i find Peter Parker to be one of the most sympathetic super hero ever.

I bought virtually everything (within my budget); soundtracks, 6" action figures, posters, art books etc.. I bought so much stuff that at one point during Spider-man 3, they were practically lying at a corner in a heap, coz I didn't have time to sort them out nicely.

Alas, now that I have misplaced and lost the majority of my collectibles, I have learn to cherish the ones that I still keep. I really do love this collection, and hope to one day, be able to display all of them properly in the way they deserve:

1. My Spider-Man 12" Figures Collection

2. Medicom Spider-man and Symbiote Spider-Man (Comics Accurate)

3. Medicom Carnage and Venom (Comics Accurate)

4. Medicom Spider-Man 2

5. Medicom Spider-Man and Symobiote Spider-Man (From Spider-Man 3)

6. Medicom Venom and Evil Peter Parker (From Spider-Man 3)

7. Hot Toys Spider-Man 3

8. Hot Toys The New Goblin

9. Hot Toys Symbiote Spider-Man 3 (Special Edition with Sandman's Meteor Hammer)

10. Medicom The Amazing Spider-Man

11. Spider-Man International Teaser Poster (Double Sided)

12. Spider-Man 3 Comic Con Teaser (Single Sided, Original)

13. Spider-Man 3 Teaser A (Double Sided, UV Coated on the raindrops)

14. The Amazing Spider-Man Teaser A (Double Sided)

15. The Amazing Spider-Man Teaser B (Double Sided)

16. Commercial Prints

17. Blu-ray collection (LOL at the 30% OFF stickers)

18. Good books, great read!

19. Super Poseable Spider-Man and Battle Ravaged Spider-Man (Spider-Man Movie) * Newly Added!

20. Super Poseable Spider-Man and Doc Ock (Spider-Man 2 Movie) * Newly Added!

And as an extra, here is my other favorite comics super-hero, who is under-rated and terribly mistreated at the movies:

00. Medicom Cyclops (Comic Accurate)

Next up, My FF7 collection. Hopefully i can find time to snap pictures again soon..

Last edited by Boinkzoink; 05-25-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:57 PM

SwiftDeath's Flag is: United States Chicago, IL

Great collection buddy

And to the boards

I love your bioshock collection and Spiderman posters

January Update: Notebooks, Art, AC Items, Press Kits

Spoiler!

Old 05-24-2013, 05:19 PM

Dr_Jengo's Flag is: Singapore

Welcome to the forum, fellow Singaporean! Cool collection!
Great to see the Singaporean Contingent growing on here

Last edited by Dr_Jengo; 05-24-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:58 PM

CrixDoomsday's Flag is: Poland Poland

Im guessing that you love... spider-man. But thats just a guess. Welcome
Old 05-24-2013, 06:32 PM
CE.o News Team

Ayiu's Flag is: Europe Europe

I'm totally stunned by looking at your collection. Can't wait to see more and especially of FF VII

Oh and of course to the forum, I'm sure you will like it here
Old 05-25-2013, 04:18 AM

Thanks everyone! It's really nice waking up to such encouraging comments.

I have updated my Spider-Man collection (above) with two new photos, and as a sneak preview, I have also managed to find two older pictures of my FFVII collection which I will share for the time being.

< Final Fantasy VII >

Way before I discover the joys of the webslinger's universe or the horror of Rapture, there was the ultimate city, known as Midgar!

FFVII was my first true game, and it has stuck in my mind ever since. I must have have replayed it like 8 times now? The feeling of nostalgia that I still get from this game is priceless.

It's just such a pity that the current gen Final Fantasy games were not able to emulate the greatness that the series once were. Sigh.. All those funds that went into the games' graphical technicalities should have been spent on crafting the perfect storyline instead. Great stories lasts; graphics fade away along with the relevancy of the hardware it is on.

About my collection though, it is definitely not complete in any sense of the word. The moment when i realize that Square-Enix was intending to milk the franchise dry, I stopped buying, knowing that I can never afford EVERYTHING. Haha.. But for what I still have in my collection, I will share in this forum when I have the time to snap pictures. =)

1. FFVII Advent Children: Advent Pieces Limited (Japan Edition)

2. FFVII Advent Children PlayArts Figures, with Cloud and Fenrir (Limited Japan Edition)

More to come!

View my WANTS for the Zoo of Chaos!

Last edited by Boinkzoink; 05-25-2013 at 05:08 AM.