Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Video Game Collecting

Old 10-11-2010, 01:59 PM
DB Proprietor

gurpswoo1's Flag is: UK United Kingdom (UK)
Default Most valuable and wanted Games

Prices are all over the place since December so I will suspend updates untill Feburary.

Prices below are therefore not to considered correct. Some game shot up by £100 while other reduced by £30.

Hi all

I really wanted to a get a list of games that are the most sort after.

Maybe even a Top 10.

Seal Condition only. (please note that the prices will not include fees such a auction fees,paypal fees, delivery fees, etc. E.g ebay and paypal will be 14% of total which needs to be added on).

Xbox 360
Dead Space Ultra Limited edition £600+ USA Exclusive -
Tales of Vesperia Collector's Edition - £90+ USA version exclusive
Mass Effect 1 Collector's Edition - £100+
Dead rising 1 Tin Edition - £90+
Bioshock Collector Edition £80+

Playstation 3
Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Edition - 200 made ~£650 $1,000+ Us only
Metal Gear Solid 4 Collector's Edition with figurine PAL Exclusive - £170+
God of War Ultimate Triology Edition Pal Exclusive - £135+
infamous Collector's edition - £100+
Demon souls Editon US exclusive - £100+

Nintendo Wii
Metroid Prime Trilogy Steelbook NTSC exclusive- £65+
Monster Hunter Tri Limited Hunter Edition Pal Exlcusive - £65+
Red Steel 2 Pre-order Edition + Wii motion Plus - £55+
New Super Mario Bros Tin Edition - Pal Exlcusive £50+

Nintendo DS
Zelda Spirit Track Limited edition pre-order and UK Exclusive - £85+

Playstation Portable
Final Fantasy Crisis Core Limited Edition - £80+
Metal Gear Solid Peace Waker Limited Edition NTSC Exclusive - £65+

PC
Wolrd of WarCraft Collectors edition - £800+

Multi Format: -

Assassin creed 2 Black Editon - £110+
Star Wars The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition £70+ (Xbox 360) £90+ (PS3)
Fallout 3 Survival Edition - US Exclusive (Xbox, PS3 £110 +) (PC -£95 +)
Bayonetta Climax Edition - AUS release only £90+, unlike other PAL releases the Gold gun model came in the same box which was much bigger and neater, the most sort after version.

Ones to Look out for -

Demon Souls Black Phantom Edition ( PAL exclusive release, sold out and unlike the Deluxe US edition the Art Book is included in the box, quickly increasing in price £85+ 2-3 months after release and doubled value).

Halo ODST Collector's Edition - Long sold out and the only release I know that came with a custom art controller (Except FF XIII deluxe edition in asia)., NTSC version already fetching a premium.

DJ Portable Max 3 LE PSP - Unlike other DJ series games, the entire release was limited to 6000 units, 1000 limited edition and 5000 standard edition. USA version only - Wait and see on this one.

Heavy rain Special edition - Sales of this game have not been massive but still very good, critical reception may turn this into cult classic and very desirable as there is unlikely to be a sequel.

Mass effect 2 Collector's edition - With the PS3 getting a release it's not known if the game will get a Limited edition. However just like when the second was released the first games collector's edition price rocketed. Expect the same for the second when the third is released. Currently £80+.

Cursed Moutian Limited edition - developer is now gone, and with prices $20 USD this could be a dark horse. Wait and see when stock eventually dries up. Nothing increases the price better than a developer no longer exisiting. Imagine if nintendo disappeared, what would the value of Super mario bros be worth especially if they didn't produce any more mario game and mario bros was the last mario game?

Castlevania Lord of the Shadow Collector's edition PAL version only, due to manufacturing problems very few were made. PS3 version is the most sort after one fetching price of £90+. Only just been released so will have to wait for this one. The NTSC version is still avalaible now and is likley to be worth considerbly less than the PAL version with the metal mask.

Fallout New Vegas Collector's edition, Xbox and PC version completely soldout worldwide on launch day, Fetching £120+, have to wait to see if the game will hold it's inflated price. Now completely sold out. The Xbox and PC version still the version to get with the PS3 version can be purchase from ebay for £60-70.

Gran turismo 5 signature edition PAL release only, said to be avaliable in limited QTD but still in stock as of 05 - Dec - 2010

Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition NTSC - This one cost considerbly less than the PAL signature edition but missing out on some of the more unique content from the signature. sold out in most places and fetching a premium on eBay. Time will tell if this version will hold it's inflated value post Christmas.

Assassin's creed Brotherhood Codex Edition PAL PS3, Xbox 360 - Will likely be completely sold out in the coming weeks. fetching £120+ on eBay and 70% premium.

Red Dead Redmeption Limited Special Edition All regions - Soldout release, fecthing £30-40 more than retail. with the release of the limited edition content given away for free with the standard game reduces the value a little. If anything get the limited slip case as that is waht makes this edition valuable.

Vanquish Steelbook Edition - PAL PS3, Xbox- Completely sold out and fecthing a 20% premium, interestingly the Limited edition with figure is still in stock from Zavvi that have exclusive rights to the edition.

Up and coming releases to watchout for: -

Little Big Planet Collectors Edition NTSC version only, comes with a very nice book stopper and bean bag figure. Looks like good value for money considering what you get. The PAL regions will not get this, instead they get a steelbook with DLC extra. Not likely to be as sort after.

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition NTSC - Another mega edition, no word on QTD but I expect this edition to have a much more limited release than the standard steelbook edition from killzone 2. Traditionally this franchise has never sold in the millions like halo and Call of duty and the limted editions of the older games never soldout before release. however this could be judging by the content much more limited, hence it's inclusion in the up and coming section.

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition PAL - The PAL version is said to include a steelbook aswell unlike the NTSC version, no word from Sony on the reason why.

Crysis 2 Nano Edition - EA said this would be made in limited QTD ( believe it when I see it), the £120 price tag certainly makes it one of the more expensive edition in EA history, the exception being Dead Space ultra edition. There is also a much cheaper special edition which is more likely to sell out first but int he long term this one will be more valuable. how much more that depend on the numbers made.

This is just a quick mock up, there must be some I missed in between.

What do you guys think is missing or should be removed.

I missed all the recent releases as we don't know how their value will change over the next year, unless they are in the watch list.

Last edited by gurpswoo1; 01-25-2011 at 11:05 PM. Reason: updated list.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH
Default Re: Most valuable and wanted Games

AFAIK Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition was Xbox 360 only and USA only

Also there was a Mirror's Edge Runner's Bag Bundle availble only through EA's online store for $150 new... I've NEVER seen one go up on ebay. that was PS3 and Xbox 360 USA only.
(and I needs to be added to the DB now that I think of it)

Last edited by twistedsymphony; 10-11-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:14 PM
DB Proprietor

Thanks for Correcting my mistake, forgot it was Xbox only.

Quote:
Also there was a Mirror's Edge Runner's Bag Bundle availble only through EA's online store for $150 new... I've NEVER seen one go up on ebay. that was PS3 and Xbox 360 USA only.
(and I needs to be added to the DB now that I think of it)
Yes something constructive came from this thread, but still $150 for a game and a Bag. What was so special about the bag. Can't seem to find much info on it.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:28 PM
????????,,L

lhurgoyf's Flag is: United States NC

PS3:
Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Edition - 200 made ~ $1,000+

If you want to track older systems too...

PS2:
Biohazard 5th Anniversary Nightmare Returns Limited Edition - 10,000 made ~ $500-$700

PS:
Elemental Gearbolt: Assassin's Case - less than 50 made ~ $1,300+ when they pop up

Last edited by lhurgoyf; 10-11-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:57 AM
DB Proprietor

scourdx's Flag is: Canada

Add these to the list

- Bioshock Collector Edition (Xbox360)
- Star Wars The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition (PS3)
- Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence Limited Edition (PS2)
Old 10-12-2010, 09:37 AM
DB Proprietor

Thanks for the info guys, updated.

I have left the Last generation out for now, may come back to it in the future. Thats still 5 years of releases with the current gen.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:20 AM
DB Proprietor

For import Segagaga Limited Edition DC worth around $180. There are a lot of CE in Japan we never even heard of.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:53 AM
DB Proprietor

Quote:
For import Segagaga Limited Edition DC worth around $180.
As this game was release in the last generation, I have not included it because they are even more differcult to obtain than the current gen ones.
Thanks for the info though.

Quote:
There are a lot of CE in Japan we never even heard of.
Yeah - This is so true, they also get some some very special Collector edition and several months before us aswell.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:53 PM

MrBubbles's Flag is: Netherlands The Netherlands

I think The Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition will be one of the most expensive items in near future. Only 1000 have been made, and if like 700 have been opened, only 300 will remain brand new.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:56 AM
DB Proprietor

DJ Portable Max 3 LE PSP will be valuable in the future. Only 1000 LE and 5000 Regular edition. Only 6000 copies made state wide.