Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > CE News

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH
Default Crysis 2 Nano Edition Delayed

I wasn't surprised when I saw an email from EA in my inbox this morning, Crysis 2 was due to ship today and I ordered the Nano Edition from the online store. Unfortunately I discovered that rather than a shipping confirmation it was a notification that the game had been delayed due to manufacturing issues.
Thank you for purchasing the Crysis 2 Nano Edition. Â Unfortunately, manufacturing issues have caused a delay in delivery on this item. Â We do expect your copy of the Crysis 2 Nano Edition to ship soon, and will notify you once it has shipped.

We understand the impact this has on you, and to help compensate for the inconvenience we are providing you with a coupon good for 75% off your next purchase* at the EA STORE (http://eastore.ea.com): *********

Thank you for your patience. Â If you have any questions, you can contact our Customer Service department at http://support.ea.com.

*Coupon expires May 31, 2011. Discount is valid on one copy of one product from the EA STORE at www.eastore.ea.com only. Â Value of discount will be deducted from product list price at time of purchase. Valid only in U.S. Â and Canada. Â Cannot be combined with any other offer, Gift Card, rebate or other discount coupons. Limit one offer per person. Subject to availability. Customers are responsible for shipping, handling and applicable sales tax. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
No word yet as to how long the delay is, though I would suspect it would be short considering they waited until the 11th hour to let people know (which I assume means they thought they might make it in time). Either way the offered 75% off from the EA store is a HUGE discount which, at least in my opinion, makes a good mea culpa.... View this article on the HomePage.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:51 PM

ob1ob's Flag is: United States Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas
Default Re: Crysis 2 Nano Edition Delayed

I changed my email address on my EA account since ordering but did not receive this notification. Guess I'll need to contact customer support.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:28 PM
DB Proprietor

gurpswoo1's Flag is: UK United Kingdom (UK)

Well here in the UK I got a confirmation from GAME, that's it's being shipped out.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:42 PM
????????,,L

lhurgoyf's Flag is: United States NC

First with shipping delay... now after watching the unboxing vid I really hope mine doesn't show up with the box as trashed as theirs :/
Old 03-22-2011, 11:16 PM

Knoell's Flag is: United States Buffalo, NY USA
Send a message via ICQ to Knoell

I got the same e-mail, 75% off isn't bad compensation so long as they are still sending me the game.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:36 AM
Social Network Liaison

Gemini-Phoenix's Flag is: UK Ipswich

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurpswoo1 View Post
Well here in the UK I got a confirmation from GAME, that's it's being shipped out.
Ditto. I just saw the confirmation in my eMail inbox that the game is being picked & packed.

I am guessing that maybe this is either a US issue, or EA are just blagging it by saying there's a manufacturing problem - I would guess that GAME have most likely had this in storage in their warehouse for some weeks

I just hope that this really is as limited as rumoured, as I don't want to feel ripped off again as I was with the Killzone 3: Helghast Edition... I don't want to be seeing this for sale again in a couple weeks time for a significantly lower price, when i've had it pre-ordered for at least three months. This is so far the most expensive CE this year at £120, so I hope the contents are worth the extra cost, as I would be very disheartened if GAME suddenly slashed 40% off it within a few weeks of release

Last edited by Gemini-Phoenix; 03-23-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:44 PM

heavenzzzz's Flag is: France France

i've got mine, seems in France they didn't got this problem.

it's exclusive to Fnac here, but a little more expensive than Germany, normally the price of the games are the same, and it's 149 euros for all three plat forms
Old 03-23-2011, 08:52 PM
DB Proprietor

gurpswoo1's Flag is: UK United Kingdom (UK)

Quote:
would be very disheartened if GAME suddenly slashed 40% off it within a few weeks of release
No chance of that, the Nano edition is sold out.

Quote:
little more expensive than Germany
Is the Tax higher in France than Germany?
Old 03-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Staff Member

Biggav4000's Flag is: Wales NORTH WALES

Game are showing it as in stock and available for delivery this morning,I hope were not going to have another killzone helghast scenario again .Have ordered 2 nano editions they should be here this morning,I may send one back will see if it sells out in the next week or so
Old 03-26-2011, 01:03 PM

Knoell's Flag is: United States Buffalo, NY USA
Send a message via ICQ to Knoell

Twisted have you heard anything about yours yet? My e-mail is eerily silent, almost as if I don't have a preorder anymore. That would suck.
Closed Thread