Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > CE News

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 03:28 PM
DB Proprietor

gurpswoo1's Flag is: UK United Kingdom (UK)
Default Brink Australian Collector's Edition and UK Steelbook + Special Edition avalaible to pre-order

Brink is getting three different collector's editions.

The first is Brink Collector's Edition, which is exclusive to Ebgames in Australia. It contains:
  • Steelbook Packaging
  • Tattoo Set ? (Four transfers)
  • Postcard Set ? (Three in total)
  • A DOOM DLC pack
Pre-order for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC here: http://www.ebgames.com.au/search?title=brink

--------------------------

The second is a Steelbook Edition exclsuive to Gamegears in the United kingdom, again it comes with Steelbook packaging and will also includes a discount code for futures games Rage and Elder Scrolls V. Sorry no Art cards, Tattoos transfers or DLC codes.

Pre-order for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC here: http://www.gamegears.co.uk/search/br...tion-gamegears

----------------------------

Lastly there is a Special edition available to pre-order in the UK, it includes DLC codes for the DOOM and Spec Ops packs.

Pre-order for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC here: http://www.game.co.uk/search.aspx?s=...pecial+Edition

Direct Database entry... View this article on the HomePage.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Social Network Liaison

Gemini-Phoenix's Flag is: UK Ipswich
Default Re: Brink Australian Collector's Edition and UK Steelbook + Special Edition avalaible

Do we know that the Game Gears version doesn't include the DLC which comes with the Special Edition? Or are these details just not available at the moment?

They recently Tweeted that anyone pre-ordering the Special Edition will get a free upgrade to the SteelBook, so I assume this edition contains everything the Special Edition does...

EDIT:
This info is also displayed on their site listings:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Gears via Twitter
If you have already pre-ordered Brink, you will automatically be upgraded for Free to the Steelbook Collector's Edition
I suspect they will most likely send the SteelBook out alongside the Special Edition of the game as a bonus, rather than the game being sent inside the SteelBook

Last edited by Gemini-Phoenix; 04-28-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:53 PM
DB Proprietor

Default Re: Brink Australian Collector's Edition and UK Steelbook + Special Edition avalaible

Quote:
I suspect they will most likely send the SteelBook out alongside the Special Edition of the game as a bonus, rather than the game being sent inside the SteelBook
That's my fear too.

Information as it stands is limited to just Steelbook and voucher. including details about a voucher leads me to believe the information is up to date and accurate. We have to take the information it as it comes.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:10 PM
Social Network Liaison

Game Gears has stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game gears via Twitter
There is no DLC but there is a voucher for Discounts on Rage or Elder.It will be shipped with everything inside the Steelbook. :-)
So those who have ordered the Special Edition and have had their order upgraded to the SteelBook will in fact be missing out on the DLC from the Special Edition. If they wanted that DLC, then they're going to be disappointed if their order has been automatically upgraded...
Old 04-29-2011, 02:05 PM

The Russian Bear's Flag is: UK

Pre-ordered, was going to wait for the price to drop but its got a steel book so i have no choice but to purchase it.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Social Network Liaison

Well the RRP for the standard Special Edition is only £39.99, so £32.99 / £33.75 is a bargain in comparison! Although, in contrast, it has been stated that the SteelBook version will not contain all of the DLC from the Special Edition
Old 04-29-2011, 02:27 PM

£22 for the PC version is even better. I've always wondered why Consoles versions are more expensive, something to do with licensing I think. Anyone enlighten me to the true reason?
Old 04-29-2011, 02:37 PM
DB Proprietor

That is correct, licences are the biggest contributing factors with regards to the inflated prices.

However there is also the fact that the PC user wouldn't except a higher price and the console buyers would. Modern Warfare is a prime example of that.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:42 PM

Thanks for the quick response. I think the most expensive PC games Standard editions I've seen where some of the Call of duty and Starcraft 2.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Site Supporter

Mike1888's Flag is: Canada Ottawa

Unfortunately not so good reviews

IGN - 6/10
Closed Thread