Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Video Game Collecting

Old 01-12-2012, 12:42 PM

Gameshark's Flag is: United States
Exclamation Xbox 360 games more valuable than PS3's?

I want your opinion on a controversial topic between the same title of a game but in different consoles. I don't know how to exactly word this thread, but it seems from my collection xbox games tend to sell more than ps3 collectors edition games, and yes on the same exact games.

Any one want to provide an input why?
Old 01-12-2012, 01:27 PM
DB Proprietor

themidlandmaster's Flag is: Australia Melbourne, Australia
Default Re: Xbox 360 games more valuable than PS3's?

More Xbox's than Ps3's

Most games are made on Xbox
Old 01-12-2012, 03:22 PM

sleepwalker's Flag is: United States

Games that becamse popular on PlayStation and then went multi (PS3, MGS, Dark Souls) would cost more on PlayStation. Multiplatform JRPGs would cost more on PlayStatation. Anything that has any relation to Japan would cost more on PlayStation. Most of the fighting games would cost more on PlayStatation.

Anything that is a lot more West than East would cost more on Xbox (FPS).

Last edited by sleepwalker; 01-12-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:10 PM

SquirrelRaper's Flag is: United States NC

In general, I always find that the 360 version is typically cheaper even in shitty kids games.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH

In general they'll make a set number of copies of a CE, and then an unlimited number of the standard edition based on what the market wants.

In the US standard editions of Xbox 360 games tend to be cheaper because more people own the console and more copies are available on the market.

CEs of Xbox 360 games tend to be more valuable because more people own the console leading to higher demand.

Of course some CEs were overproduced (more were made then people who wanted to buy them) and that of course leads to rapid devaluing.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:28 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

some xbox collectors that come to mind that have devalued due to overproduction are Bioshock 2 collectors and Halo Reach collectors, these 2 still tend to linger on shelves collecting dust even with massive huge markdowns.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:32 PM
DB Proprietor

scourdx's Flag is: Canada

Since most of the game are developed for 360, they have the tendency to have better game developed and tested than PS3. Also take into factor some of the games like Call of Duty, GTA IV, Borderlands, Fallout and many others have first release DLC. When it comes to patches, 360 will gets them first before PS3 (I am looking at you Skyrim).

The two factor that gets me purchasing the PS3 version more than the 360 is the fact it is Bluray disc. You don't need to swap disc and some developer add more content on bluray than the 360 version. The other would be it is region free regardless where you buy the game from. It really depends on users preference. I am fine with both system.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:39 PM

gerardo2's Flag is: Australia

So better buy PS3 for cheap games
Old 01-31-2012, 10:52 AM
Social Network Liaison

Gemini-Phoenix's Flag is: UK Ipswich

From the start, X360 CE's have always demanded a higher price than PS3 CE's, where both exist as multi-format releases

I think it's because the X360 has a much bigger user base, and therefore demand is higher. I personally prefer X360 CE's over the PS3, so much so that I even collect extra X360 consoles to ensure that I will always have something to play them on in the future.

Bear in mind that the X360 was first to market, and had a good year and a bit head start on the PS3. In that time there were several major CE releases such as Dead Rising, Bioshock, Halo 3, Perfect Dark Zero, Mass Effect, Gears Of War, COD 4 etc, and many collectors started collecting for the X360 long before the PS3 came out. Even once the PS3 was out, it would be a while before the CE craze caught on.

If you also compare the amount of X360 CE's available with how many PS3 CE's are available, I would guess that it's a ratio of 2:1! The X360 stil receives many more exclusive titles than the PS3, and some multi-format games even have some CE's exclusive to the Xbox but not the PS3...

Last edited by Gemini-Phoenix; 02-02-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:57 AM
DB Proprietor

themidlandmaster's Flag is: Australia Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix View Post
From the start, X360 CE's have always demanded a higher price than PS3 CE's, where both exist as multi-format releases

I think it's because the X360 has a much bigger user base, and therefore demand is higher. I personally prefer X360 CE's over the PS3, so much so that I even collect extra X360 consoles to ensure that I will always have something to play them on in the future.

Bear in mind that the X360 was first to market, and had a good year and a bit head start on the PS3. In that time there were several major CE releases such as Dead Rising, Bioshock, Halo 3, Perfect Dark Zero, Mass Effect, Gears Of War, COD 4 etc, and many collectors started collecting for the X360 long before the PS3 came out. Even once the PS3 was out, it would be a while before the CE craze caught on.

If you also compare the amount of X360 CE's available with how many PS3 CE's are available, I would guess that it's a ratio of 2:1! The X360 stil receives many more exclusive titles than the PS3, and some multi-format games even have some CE's exclusive to the Xbox but not the PS3...
I bought my 360 for Halo , Gears and Mass Effect, Bought the collectors edition of all of them

Seems to be going the other way though. Ps3 gets uncharted, resistance ect and 360 gets fewer and fewer exclusives

Last edited by Gemini-Phoenix; 02-02-2012 at 05:48 AM.