Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Introductions and Show-Off

Old 01-30-2012, 11:11 PM

Cosmic_Link's Flag is: England Birmingham
Default "Cosmic's Collection"

Hi all! ^o^

First I'll start off with my name. I'm James.

Been lurking here for about a month now and admiring other people's collections and you guys all have some awesome stuff. Things I have never even seen before. I have always liked buying Collectors editions of games over the standard ones. Like the little extras you get with them and I pretty much thought it ended at CE's and preorder items. Until I come across this site, I didn't even realise that media personnel sometimes got cool kits to promote the game. Have seen some press kits which make the Collector's editions seem pathetic!! XD Has made me seriously think about what I'm going to be buying in the future!

Anyway, I finally got round to taking some pictures of the things I have to hand to share with your guy's. I've put them in an album on photobucket and will try and add to it when I can!

First4Figures Statues

Game CEs

Guides And Artbooks

Mass Effect Merchandise

Promo And Retail T-Shirts

Steelbooks

XBox 360 Faceplates

Feel free to comment here. I have added descriptions to each pic.

Abit about me and what I collect. Tbh, the only "specific" thing I collect now, is Zelda related merchandise. Looking to expand on what I have. Don't have any of the old console games anymore... Being a kid when I had them, it was a play it, finish it, trade it in attitude. Oh how I would change that now, if I could... lol If you'd have asked me a few years ago, I could've told you Xbox faceplates. Now my collection of them has deminished quite abit, but I kept a few I liked! I still have more around which aren't in pictures, but the ones you'll see are my favourites! ^o^

Also, I'm an open and play it kinda guy. Can't bare to spend so much money on things and keep them in the packaging. Don't intend to sell my stuff at a later date, so might aswell enjoy it!

You guy's will prob see me around a fair bit and hope to do some buying from you all in the future, when I have cash!! XD

Take it easy!

Last edited by Cosmic_Link; 11-29-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:14 PM

evilvort3x's Flag is: England
Default Re: Thought I'd make an introduction, finally...

Welcome hope you enjoy your stay!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:22 PM
CE.o News Team

Ayiu's Flag is: Europe Europe

we already know each other But now it is official!
I'm so jealous about your whole set of Sonata faceplates these are so amazing
Old 01-30-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayiu View Post

we already know each other But now it is official!
I'm so jealous about your whole set of Sonata faceplates these are so amazing
Yeah we do! ^o^ Hi!

I actually got those really cheap a few years ago when I went mad on Faceplates. I only paid £25 for the set with free p&p. ^o^ Shame they never came in a nice display box or something...

There was 1 more which I was meaning to get and that was the Trusty Bell one from Japan, but it was really expensive!! >.<

Last edited by Cosmic_Link; 01-30-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:29 AM

thatzeldacollector's Flag is: Wales

!!

You have the Twilight Princess statue! I'm scraping together all the points I can find to get that gorgeous thing! SS lanyard, signature of the great Miyamoto, and the Ocarina pack! Very jealous indeed, I love it, I look forward to seeing more!

EDIT: And you have the silver PH DSlite!

Last edited by thatzeldacollector; 01-31-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:14 AM

Hi! ^^

Yeah the TP statues is really nice! Looks a lot better when you've got it than what photos can do it justice! Lol I saw your thread earlier and I notice you like to keep your stuff new and sealed. If you do manage to get the points together to get one, take it out and check it over, because I got 2 broken ones before I got a good one! >.< Makes me wonder what Nintendo will have done with the 2 broken ones... 0.o

I'm currently saving for this. I'm afraid I might not be able to get £200 together before it comes out. Its top of my priority list ATM... :-(

Funny story with that DSL! I picked it up in a store just before Christmas and while trying to verify its authenticity, I stumbled across this site. Took a liking to it and decided to stay! Lol
Old 01-31-2012, 12:18 PM

I know what you mean, I've seen a few broken ones on eBay before now

I think those statues are so lovely but probably not something I'll be moving on to collecting until I've got my own house and somewhere to actually display them without fear lol I'll probably be getting the cheaper sealed games first then saving for the more expensive ones

You found it in a shop? Boxed with slip cover!? That's luck I could only dream of lol
Old 01-31-2012, 09:16 PM

Yeah the F4F range are really nice, but they're so expensive! >.< Wallet is hurt everytime they bring out a new one, but I kinda look forward to it... lol I have them all so far, but you'll notice that I don't have a picture of my Fierce Deity Link. He unfortunately suffered a fracture last time he was dismantled... The design for the way his sword is attached was really bad and quite easy to damage if you're not careful... '

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatzeldacollector View Post
You found it in a shop? Boxed with slip cover!? That's luck I could only dream of lol
Yeah, it was in an independent retailer where I frequent regularly. He sells trading cards, movie character figures and toys. He's recently started buying and selling preowned games. Anyway, I was in the city centre going to sell my old 3DS and swung by his store before I went to CEX and I spotted it priced up at £75! Asked him if he'd buy my Blue 3DS with Zelda 3D and he offered me £105 for it. I asked him if he'd give me that DSL and £40 for it and he did!! XD Was Christmas come early for me! lol

Gonna stick some more pics in my album soon of some shirts that I found and some other stuff I forgot...
Old 01-31-2012, 09:37 PM

I thought I was lucky getting my gold one for £52, I can't find a silver one online let alone my local shop lol

Men have it easy with t-shirts, they don't make many game ones for women so all mine are massive on me because I have to wear mens ones xD
Old 02-02-2012, 09:57 PM

Bump!

Have added a few more pictures of some preorder items, T-shirts and other stuff.