Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Video Game Collecting

Old 02-07-2012, 03:04 AM

stavie33's Flag is: United States
Default Just got my hands on Kingdoms of Amalur Exclusive edition, how high will it go?

So I just took money out of my savings for a car (which I won't need for a few years now that I'm going to Japan for a while) to buy the Exclusive edition, the one with only 12 made. Got it for 360 for $2200. It will be the crown jewel of my collection.

I think it's definitely worth it, but how high do you think it will go overtime? I really don't know, but I keep all my collectors editions sealed, I have everything since Perfect Dark to Mass Effect 1 sealed still, and I'm planning to keep it for years, but will it go exponentially or flatten out like Dead Space? I'd hope it hits $20,000 or something but that may be really unrealistic. Thoughts?
Old 02-07-2012, 03:13 AM

Matrix6's Flag is: Australia
Default Re: Just got my hands on Kingdoms of Amalur Exclusive edition, how high will it go?

There were 1000 units made for Dead Space Ultra...this has only 12 ever!!!
Keep it sealed, VGA grade it....ten fold what you paid within years to come...that's what I'd do.

Congratz and enjoy knowing you have a target on your back
Old 02-07-2012, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Just got my hands on Kingdoms of Amalur Exclusive edition, how high will it go?

should I really VGA grade it? I've been thinking about VGA'ing grading all my games, but I have mega, MEGA OCD and am well reknown for it, I've tracked down tons of gamestops and am willing to drive up to 30 miles for the best condition game and even the littlest scratch or ripple in most shrink wrap bugs me. All my games are the mintest possible, and I never felt safe risking their condition by shipping them to VGA, but if it is that big a difference, I want to know that they also won't damage them handling them, I pick up my games with gloves, wrap them in silk, and put them in my closet and NEVER touch them, the idea of people putting their hands on it, without me knowing if they use gloves or not, bothers me, a lot.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:33 AM

SquirrelRaper's Flag is: United States NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavie33 View Post
should I really VGA grade it? I've been thinking about VGA'ing grading all my games, but I have mega, MEGA OCD and am well reknown for it, I've tracked down tons of gamestops and am willing to drive up to 30 miles for the best condition game and even the littlest scratch or ripple in most shrink wrap bugs me. All my games are the mintest possible, and I never felt safe risking their condition by shipping them to VGA, but if it is that big a difference, I want to know that they also won't damage them handling them, I pick up my games with gloves, wrap them in silk, and put them in my closet and NEVER touch them, the idea of people putting their hands on it, without me knowing if they use gloves or not, bothers me, a lot.

I am the SAME way that you're. I get so pissed when I get a game on EBay and I message the seller asking the condition detailing out, that it better not be "blah blah" and then I get it and the seal is completely ripped, or they lied about putting it in a box or even worst a reseal! Pisses me off that bestbuy is doing seals on used games and it's now in clear shrink wrap instead of that ugly yellow. Anyways, if you want to ship it and want it to get them undamaged, go with DHL. It's a bit pricey but for high valued items, do it.

I ordered a game once and it came through DHL. The guy hands it to me in a bag and Im freaking out as it came from overseas but the game/box was so flawless despite it being shipped in a bag.

Though I have to add I dont handle them with gloves and I display them sealed. haha.

Last edited by SquirrelRaper; 02-07-2012 at 03:41 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:52 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

is there any special distinction on the outside packaging?..is it specially packaged?..does it say 1 of 12?..or spell out an exclusive edition?..i would be curious to know if the 12 edition looks identical packaging wise to the 300 or 700 edition if one were to keep it sealed?
Old 02-07-2012, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
is there any special distinction on the outside packaging?..is it specially packaged?..does it say 1 of 12?..or spell out an exclusive edition?..i would be curious to know if the 12 edition looks identical packaging wise to the 300 or 700 edition if one were to keep it sealed?
I was wondering this too. How people would tell if someone had the email and just passed off their signature edition instead, it would work. I think it comes with a certificate, but even with an external certificate, if the packaging's the same then there's no way to tell if you got jipped. I don't have the item yet so I can't actually tell.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:36 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

because for instance, there was this limited edition Killzone 3 set, where the helmet would "light up"..and it was ultra exclusive and could only be won in contests or promotions by the publisher of KILLZONE 3,..and the outside box is clearly different and says the words "limited" printed on the box..there is a distinction there...as opposed to for instance, if this one of 12 set looks exactly the same from the outside, and the only way of knowing is through a confirmation e-mail..then that is just lame ..i hope you can earn bragging rights, just by the packaging alone
Old 02-07-2012, 07:21 AM

Matrix6's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavie33 View Post
I was wondering this too. How people would tell if someone had the email and just passed off their signature edition instead, it would work. I think it comes with a certificate, but even with an external certificate, if the packaging's the same then there's no way to tell if you got jipped. I don't have the item yet so I can't actually tell.
It'd make sense to accompany the package with an external certificate of authentication stating how extremely elite it is and the line number for that particular package. Like what they did for the Folio Edition books from BallisticPublishing.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:48 AM

Solemn_In_Berlin's Flag is: Philippines Fort Frolic, Rapture
Send a message via Yahoo to Solemn_In_Berlin

I posted this in the Amalur thread in the CE News board.

I think from the packaging alone, there's no exact way to tell what platform you ordered for and what edition you got. From the looks of things, the Special Edition and the Prismere Troll statue are boxed separately, and the both prints come individually, or are packed inside a mailing tube, or are gonna be put inside the Troll's box. I may be wrong though, as these are only unboxing pics for the Special Edition.

Each edition will come with the box from the pics, that's for sure. Curt Schilling confirmed that in a podcast.

What can I say?
Old 02-07-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solemn_In_Berlin View Post
I posted this in the Amalur thread in the CE News board.

I think from the packaging alone, there's no exact way to tell what platform you ordered for and what edition you got. From the looks of things, the Special Edition and the Prismere Troll statue are boxed separately, and the both prints come individually, or are packed inside a mailing tube, or are gonna be put inside the Troll's box. I may be wrong though, as these are only unboxing pics for the Special Edition.

Each edition will come with the box from the pics, that's for sure. Curt Schilling confirmed that in a podcast.
Apparently it comes with a shipping form attached to the box that says it's the exclusive edition. I've seen the pic and will be getting it in 2 days.