Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Video Game Collecting

Old 03-20-2012, 11:55 PM

zhaff2004's Flag is: South Africa
Default Ninja Gaiden 3 Unboxing

Hey guys, haven't seen anyone do this for this game yet so I figured I might as well give it ago. It pained me to actually unbox this as I'm a HUGE Ninja Gaiden fan and would love to have kept a sealed copy but there was no chance I would have kept this sealed, maybe i'll pick up another one down the line if my pocket allows it lol. anyways, here it goes, will give my opinion at the end:

Still with shrink wrap

Back

The box inside the box

Artbook cover

Figure

All in all, irrespective of the heat that the game is getting, I think that this set is gorgeous, the artbook itself is good, its a nice size, just a little disappointed that it wasn't hardcover.

The figure is actually very well detailed and is about the same size as Drake from UC3, it will sit very nicely beside my UC3, ACII, Skyrim and Batman:AC collectibles.

The packaging was top notch, nice outer box, and a very slick looking inner box that protected the figure very well.

All in all, a top notch collectors edition that is a must have for everyone here The fact that it actually comes with a physical soundtrack is also nice considering most other sets prefer the easier digital download route.

On par with UC3 and Arkham City collectors, better than skyrim, and way better than the two Sigmas (thats a given lol)
Old 03-21-2012, 12:11 AM
DB Proprietor

gurpswoo1's Flag is: UK United Kingdom (UK)
Default Re: Ninja Gaiden 3 Unboxing

Wow thanks for unboxing, it is alot bigger than I thought it was going to be.

Part 1 and Part 2
Old 03-21-2012, 12:17 AM

thats what I thought as well, picked it up in the local gamestop (Edmonton, Canada) it was -7 outside, didn't take a car, walked there thinking it would fit into my bag, ended up getting badly shafted haha
Old 03-21-2012, 12:20 AM
DB Proprietor

gurpswoo1's Flag is: UK United Kingdom (UK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaff2004 View Post
thats what I thought as well, picked it up in the local gamestop (Edmonton, Canada) it was -7 outside, didn't take a car, walked there thinking it would fit into my bag, ended up getting badly shafted haha
LOL -it's still that cold there?

Part 1 and Part 2
Old 03-21-2012, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurpswoo1 View Post
LOL -it's still that cold there?
It actually has warmed up, we get -35 easily in december/jan lol. But yeah, its been very warm recently (+10) just the day I decide to walk to gamestop, its -7...
Old 03-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Site Supporter

Mike1888's Flag is: Canada Ottawa

Quote:
It actually has warmed up, we get -35 easily in december/jan lol. But yeah, its been very warm recently (+10) just the day I decide to walk to gamestop, its -7...
Kinda freaky eh? Here in Ottawa it literally went from -25 to +23 C in a span of 3 days. Its like summer out there right now - in march.

I got this edition today too, I really like it. Just have completely run out of space to display the figure anywhere
Old 03-21-2012, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1888 View Post
Kinda freaky eh? Here in Ottawa it literally went from -25 to +23 C in a span of 3 days.

I got this edition today too, I really like it. Just have completely run out of space to display the figure anywhere
I have the exact same problem, I'm still in 4th year uni, my desk is filled it books, my ipod dock, skyrim dragon, drake from UC3, batman for Arkham city, Ezio from ACII and a replica of the world cup trophy, dunno how to make more space
Old 03-21-2012, 06:10 AM

foreverflash's Flag is: United States Massachusetts

Hey thanks for sharing your unboxing with us zhaff! I just got my NG3 CE today and it is just TOO perfectly sealed for me to dare open it. The opposite of how you thought! lol When I get perfect seals it is very few and far between. This NG3 CE seal is absolutely PERFECT. It's so good I may have it graded at some point. Would likely be in the mid 90's VGA grade, like 95.

On a side note, I'm extremely upset at IGN's bastard reviewer who gave NG3 a score of 3 for Christ sake. The game does not deserve such a low score. Perhaps if they thought it sucked, a 5 would be the lowest I'd go. Go any further and your just spitting on the franchise and telling the Developer and publisher to take a vacation which is NOT fair...
...I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you...By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

My New Life Need God

Old 03-21-2012, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverflash View Post
Hey thanks for sharing your unboxing with us zhaff! I just got my NG3 CE today and it is just TOO perfectly sealed for me to dare open it. The opposite of how you thought! lol When I get perfect seals it is very few and far between. This NG3 CE seal is absolutely PERFECT. It's so good I may have it graded at some point. Would likely be in the mid 90's VGA grade, like 95.

On a side note, I'm extremely upset at IGN's bastard reviewer who gave NG3 a score of 3 for Christ sake. The game does not deserve such a low score. Perhaps if they thought it sucked, a 5 would be the lowest I'd go. Go any further and your just spitting on the franchise and telling the Developer and publisher to take a vacation which is NOT fair...
Yeah man haha i wanted to keep mine sealed but I had to open it haha, it was actually sealed near perfectly, now that you mention it...

Man, IGN is a joke, they basically showed team ninja, its history and reputation the middle finger... there is no way in hell this game is a 3... i mean, by giving it a 3, they are essentially saying that games like prison break ,(3.5) Afrika (4) and kung-fu rider (3.5) are all better games? Please, they need to cut their BS and do a better job
Old 03-21-2012, 06:25 AM

foreverflash's Flag is: United States Massachusetts

Quote:
Yeah man haha i wanted to keep mine sealed but I had to open it haha, it was actually sealed near perfectly, now that you mention it...

Man, IGN is a joke, they basically showed team ninja, its history and reputation the middle finger... there is no way in hell this game is a 3... i mean, by giving it a 3, they are essentially saying that games like prison break ,(3.5) Afrika (4) and kung-fu rider (3.5) are all better games? Please, they need to cut their BS and do a better job
lmao! prison break? You mean there's a game for the TV show? wtf? And your telling me they gave a game based on a TV series (that was mildly popular at best - but I liked it) a better score than NG3!? A well established game franchise with a huge fanbase? Wow. I didn't know IGN reviewers were "this" disconnected. I'd like to punch the girl and guy reviewer in the face who gave NG3 a 3 and RE: ORC a damn 4. Just not right...
...I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you...By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

My New Life Need God