Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Lounge > General Collecting Chat

Old 03-26-2012, 04:01 PM
DB Proprietor

gurpswoo1's Flag is: UK United Kingdom (UK)
Default Game UK in administration - information and help., will update

HI guys

I am sure most of you havd heard, The GAME group have decided to go into early Administration, the website is down and displays the following message:

Quote:
MJA Jervis and SD Maddison have been appointed as Joint Administrators of The GAME Group plc, Game Stores Group Limited, Gameplay (GB) Limited, Game (Stores) Limited, Games Station Limited, Game (Retail) Limited and Gamestation Limited on 26 March 2012, to manage their affairs, business and property as their agents and without personal liability.

We are currently reviewing and processing orders placed on this website.

MJA Jervis and SD Maddison are licensed in the United Kingdom to act as insolvency practitioners by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and we hope to be back up and running very soon.

If you require assistance with an existing order our
customer service team are happy to help you.

Please email us directly at
customerservices@game.co.uk
I have been on the phone with a GAME UK customer service rep. Here is all the info I have so:

The website is down for at least 2 days, no new orders will be processed.

The Administrators and GAME UK management will restructure the site and business in the hope they can continue the trade.

Existing pre-orders are currently no longer guarantee until the they restart trading and if the restructuring is successful.

If you are in the process of returning an item then don't expect to be processed and refunded for a while. Also it is likely you will not a see a refund and you should consult your credit card company for advice.

Now for the stores
The stores are no longer getting any stock, if you have placed an order on the website and asked for it to be delivered to the store. Don't expect it to turn up.

All the stores including Gamestation are not taking any pre-orders, if you paid a deposit for a pre-order, the store will not refund you. They did say there maybe an option to get your deposits back, direct from the administrators at a later date. This though is unconfirmed and there is no plan as of yet for this.

If you have Rewards points, gift cards and GAME points cards, they are no longer usable in stores and are currently worthless.

You are also unable to trade in games for cash or credit.

Lastly the stores are still operating as normal in terms of sales, you can purchase current stock but no new stock will come in. If you do buy stock you can not return it, it is sold as seen. This goes for new and used stock.

In terms of prices, the stores are not doing any special sale prices, the current sale is still going though. The reason for this is that the administration want to get as much money as possible from the stocks in stores.

I will update this thread as more information comes in.

For those that want to contact customer service please use the following information:

E-mail: customerservices@game.co.uk
Telephone: 01256 784000

For Branch numbers please use the noto0870 site: http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php

Update: Here is a list of stores that have already closed :http://www.computerandvideogames.com...tore-closures/

227 stores have been confirmed closing, one thing that I noticed it that stores with high rent bills i.e in a expensive area are being closed down. while other closure are down to low profits.

Update 28/03/2012 - - GAME customer service has once again confirmed that the site is expected to come back online in a few days.

GAME has also confirmed that stock at the closed stores will be reallocated to stores that are still operating, however there are conflicting reports from GAME mangers that have been told they should sell off a much stock as possible to raise funds. Some have also reportedly been told they will get a £500 bonus for doing so. Not sure what will happen but I'm inclined to go with a bit of both.

Lastly , again no refunds or are taking place.

Part 1 and Part 2

Last edited by gurpswoo1; 03-28-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:18 PM

Cosmic_Link's Flag is: England Birmingham
Default Re: Game UK in administration - information and help., will update

Looks like I've lost my £9 reward points... lol Ah wellz... Shit happens!

Lets see where it goes from here. Hoping for a buy out... Don't want to lose GAME and Gamestation high street store...
Old 03-26-2012, 04:55 PM
DB Proprietor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_Link View Post
Looks like I've lost my £9 reward points... lol Ah wellz... Shit happens!

Lets see where it goes from here. Hoping for a buy out... Don't want to lose GAME and Gamestation high street store...
One thing is a near certainty, most of the Gamestation stores will be closed. Those that remain will be rebranded to GAME.

Part 1 and Part 2
Old 03-26-2012, 05:36 PM

Was in town today and my local gamestation is closed down
Old 03-26-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurpswoo1 View Post
One thing is a near certainty, most of the Gamestation stores will be closed. Those that remain will be rebranded to GAME.
Yeah, I was just listening to the Radio and it was said that 300 stores will be closed and 2000 jobs lost... >.< First thing I thought was they're gonna close all the GS stores... Looks like there's gonna be more people down at the job centres. >.<

Atleast it's kind of good news... if they're closing 300 stores, that means that they will hopefully be able to pull back with the remaining ones! Fingers crossed! ^o^
Old 03-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Social Network Liaison

Gemini-Phoenix's Flag is: UK Ipswich

MCV have been constantly updating a list of all of the GAME and Gamestation stores which have closed down as from today:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/store...station/093365

They also printed a list of all the services which are affected by the administration, including GAME reward cards and gift vouchers:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/game-...t-cards/093368
Old 03-26-2012, 06:49 PM
DB Proprietor

This really is bad news, 277 of the 602 will be closed in the UK. What surprising is that my little town stop is still open while the ones in expensive area i.e large rent bills are closed.

Part 1 and Part 2

Last edited by gurpswoo1; 03-26-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:52 PM

Yeah, the big Gamestation on New Street in Birmingham is closing... >.< That's been there as long as I can remember! I used to love the retro section downstairs! Was awesome...

GAME Group ruines that store...
Old 03-26-2012, 07:04 PM

Tater's Flag is: England Liverpool

Got the call today to say my store has survived for now. Will try and post any information that I can, though MCV have been spot on with most stuff so far, so that's where I would keep looking.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:07 PM
DB Proprietor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_Link View Post
Yeah, the big Gamestation on New Street in Birmingham is closing... >.< That's been there as long as I can remember! I used to love the retro section downstairs! Was awesome...

GAME Group ruines that store...
I think I'm right and the ones with large rent bills are closing.

Both the Coventry one in West Orchid and the Leicester ones are closed too, despite the huge amount of people traffic in their locations.

I do know those two were very expensive spaces to rent.

Part 1 and Part 2