Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Memorabilia Collecting

Old 01-09-2017, 08:22 PM

Cosmic_Link's Flag is: England Birmingham
Default Re: Statues & Figures Thread - Any & All Game Related

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfTruth View Post
Figured I'd add this here as well, but in case anyone missed it, F4F revealed in their documentary the Exclusive version (and Regular version) of the "life-size Majora's Mask" (the 1st in a line of Zelda "props"). The spikes are magnetic and removable in both versions, the exclusive version has eyes that light up from a switch on the wooden-stump. Both version contain an awesome tree-like stand.

This will go live for pre-order tomorrow at EST 11am (or thereabouts). The live-stream event will begin at 10 EST. Exclusive price I believe is ~$385, though they will likely have a discount code per their normal routines.

Since its a new line, first orders are earliest numbers, so get there early if it matters to you. Also, there will be a "zero hour" bonus (not mentioned what yet) if you order within the first 12 hours and bonus "points" from their website as well.

Here's a picture from the club:
What a monster!! I'll be there. Have my day planned and my alarm set. Bring it on!!
Looking to trade Kid Icarus AR Cards. Click here for what I need. UPDATED 14/04/2014

Click here for my intro thread.
For items available exclusively to the UK, see my thread for help with item forwarding.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:38 PM

flatout's Flag is: United States Maine, US

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAURA View Post
Uncharted 4 Statue Nathan Drake

http://amzn.to/2jhY18m
I did not know they were making these... it is the same company that did the Darksiders II Death Statue.

Quote:
Figured I'd add this here as well, but in case anyone missed it, F4F revealed in their documentary the Exclusive version (and Regular version) of the "life-size Majora's Mask" (the 1st in a line of Zelda "props"). The spikes are magnetic and removable in both versions, the exclusive version has eyes that light up from a switch on the wooden-stump. Both version contain an awesome tree-like stand.

This will go live for pre-order tomorrow at EST 11am (or thereabouts). The live-stream event will begin at 10 EST. Exclusive price I believe is ~$385, though they will likely have a discount code per their normal routines.

Since its a new line, first orders are earliest numbers, so get there early if it matters to you. Also, there will be a "zero hour" bonus (not mentioned what yet) if you order within the first 12 hours and bonus "points" from their website as well.

Here's a picture from the club:
Wow that is HUGE! Pretty neat too! Never been a Zelda fan though (I know, I know... blasphemy!), really only becasue I was too young to play games that had an complexity at all to them (mostly played things like Contra and Ninja Turtles was back when on NES and SNES... then kind of fell out of gaming until late PS2).

Old 01-09-2017, 09:21 PM

g6t9ed's Flag is: United States Texas

What are your thoughts on this, Knight?

I'm on the fence and don't know if it's worth it. I don't collect Zelda like you or some of the people here but will collect for things that I feel encompass the franchise.

Edit: Looking at the pictures more, I'm realizing the stand really does it for me. I like it.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:47 PM

KnightOfTruth's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6t9ed View Post
What are your thoughts on this, Knight?

I'm on the fence and don't know if it's worth it. I don't collect Zelda like you or some of the people here but will collect for things that I feel encompass the franchise.

Edit: Looking at the pictures more, I'm realizing the stand really does it for me. I like it.
Yeah, at first I was a bit gutted that they didn't do it with a worn wooden look to it, but after watching the documentary on it and that they felt they'd get the best of both worlds by doing a wooden tree stand and a true-to-game-direct-image of the mask, I decided it was okay by me. And yeah, the mask DOES resemble the box-art/logo mask image, so I guess that makes it more "official".

Because its Zelda I was probably sold either way, sorta wish it wasn't THAT big so maybe I'd have more room to display it, but yeah, that tree stand is just amazing! Really loving it.

If you get it, you should wait a little while when pre-ordering it, that way I can get a lower num.... I mean, that way you can make sure you REALLY want it! Just kidding... sorta. But even if you're not a Zelda collector (or someone who collects ALL Zelda pieces), this one pretty much is THE iconic piece for that game and probably does a good job of representing it as a whole for those who didn't want 100 other little knick-knacks and stuff.
Hey all, things have really heated up lately and I'm not as available as I used to be. If I have something of yours, its still safe and sound, and I'll be looking to ship it ASAP before the next move. If you have things of mine, PLEASE PM me what I owe you and I'll send payment right away, thanks for your patience!

My Collection (WIP)
My Want List

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkhor86 View Post
That's the Truth, from the Knight of Truth
Old 01-09-2017, 11:18 PM

g6t9ed's Flag is: United States Texas

Quote:
Yeah, at first I was a bit gutted that they didn't do it with a worn wooden look to it, but after watching the documentary on it and that they felt they'd get the best of both worlds by doing a wooden tree stand and a true-to-game-direct-image of the mask, I decided it was okay by me. And yeah, the mask DOES resemble the box-art/logo mask image, so I guess that makes it more "official".

Because its Zelda I was probably sold either way, sorta wish it wasn't THAT big so maybe I'd have more room to display it, but yeah, that tree stand is just amazing! Really loving it.

If you get it, you should wait a little while when pre-ordering it, that way I can get a lower num.... I mean, that way you can make sure you REALLY want it! Just kidding... sorta. But even if you're not a Zelda collector (or someone who collects ALL Zelda pieces), this one pretty much is THE iconic piece for that game and probably does a good job of representing it as a whole for those who didn't want 100 other little knick-knacks and stuff.
Well, then. Good job on securing yourself one number higher than you would've been, lol.

You've convinced me. Part of me was unsure because of the other replica that was kickstarted and wondered if it was worth it. I know F4F will do it justice and I think the magnetic thorns and interesting base will set it apart.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6t9ed View Post
Well, then. Good job on securing yourself one number higher than you would've been, lol.

You've convinced me. Part of me was unsure because of the other replica that was kickstarted and wondered if it was worth it. I know F4F will do it justice and I think the magnetic thorns and interesting base will set it apart.
Well darn. Interestingly enough, they're also doing a "refer a friend" bonus whereby you get "points" for someone using your individualized link after you've purchased it. If we didn't care so much about getting low numbers, we could start a chain to get us all some more points and save some mula by each person using the next's referral link!

D'oh!! Apparently their timeline post was off originally, they admitted the error but are still running early -- the LiveStream starts in 5 minutes (9am EST) and the pre-orders start at 10am EST), sorry about the mixup all! (Here's hoping Cosmic wakes up before the alarm!)
Hey all, things have really heated up lately and I'm not as available as I used to be. If I have something of yours, its still safe and sound, and I'll be looking to ship it ASAP before the next move. If you have things of mine, PLEASE PM me what I owe you and I'll send payment right away, thanks for your patience!

My Collection (WIP)
My Want List

Quote:

Last edited by KnightOfTruth; 01-10-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:30 PM

xhunter's Flag is: United States Maine

No F4F discount codes anymore.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:58 PM

Cosmic_Link's Flag is: England Birmingham

That was fucking painful...
Looking to trade Kid Icarus AR Cards. Click here for what I need. UPDATED 14/04/2014

Click here for my intro thread.
For items available exclusively to the UK, see my thread for help with item forwarding.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:59 PM

Bah, crazy stream all. That's what happens when there's a new site and a big launch. Here's to hoping they get all the bugs worked out. No clue what # I'll get considering how many times I had to order -- here's hoping it worked out for you all.

Also, in case anyone decides to order one and hasn't yet, feel free to use my code/link here below, much appreciated:
http://www.first4figures.com/collect...tml?k=xOTk0NjM

~22 hours remaining for "Day One Edition".

My Collection (WIP)
My Want List

Quote:
Old 01-10-2017, 07:26 PM

tsquared44's Flag is: United States

What does day one edition even mean?