Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Video Game Collecting

Old 08-05-2017, 01:17 PM

srahulnayak1983's Flag is: India
Default Re: Limited Run Games Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Nobody wants that game. It's Wonderboy that's driving people mad and creating all those ordering problems. Lawbreakers is still available with almost the entire stock available and the original bundle only sold out because they combined it with Woderboy.

I did get Drive Drive Drive but skipped almost everything else.

It was showing sold out when I visited the second time just a few minutes later. Looks like an amazing game and with the bonus stuff is just a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2017, 08:56 PM
Site Supporter

Mike1888's Flag is: Canada Ottawa

Not LRG but worth mentioning since the game is awesome, Guacamelee limited physical PS4 release https://vblank-entertainment.myshopify.com/
Old 08-18-2017, 07:18 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

companies like V blank are well aware, they cater to the collector mindset, the collector fan base..so i don't know why they act oblivious to it, and publish a "bare bones" edition of the game, with just a disc..why does it take soo much effort to get a manual? or a free decal or something to make it a little bit more special...another thing that could happen is a proliferating and explosive growth of these "limited, exclusive indy' style physical releases, where collectors get burned out, it loses it's allure, and the game's prices start crashing and become dump bin shovelwares...i can see now, that probably a year from now even more companies will step forward and shout "rare, exclusive, limited" and just churn out games...i'm gonna stop rambling now LOL..otherwise i'll just talk in circles.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:38 PM
Site Supporter

Spect3r's Flag is: Portugal Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
companies like V blank are well aware, they cater to the collector mindset, the collector fan base..so i don't know why they act oblivious to it, and publish a "bare bones" edition of the game, with just a disc..why does it take soo much effort to get a manual? or a free decal or something to make it a little bit more special...another thing that could happen is a proliferating and explosive growth of these "limited, exclusive indy' style physical releases, where collectors get burned out, it loses it's allure, and the game's prices start crashing and become dump bin shovelwares...i can see now, that probably a year from now even more companies will step forward and shout "rare, exclusive, limited" and just churn out games...i'm gonna stop rambling now LOL..otherwise i'll just talk in circles.
Talk to them!!!

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very unhappy and has widely been seen as a bad move.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:50 PM

srahulnayak1983's Flag is: India

Lili limited edition was sold out within seconds of release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2017, 01:40 AM

Buckeyes's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
i can see now, that probably a year from now even more companies will step forward and shout "rare, exclusive, limited" and just churn out games...i'm gonna stop rambling now LOL..otherwise i'll just talk in circles.
More physical releases is only a good thing. I can live without a manual if that's the trade off.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:05 AM

shinoff2183's Flag is: United States

ys pre order tomorrow on lrg.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:30 PM
DB Proprietor

game_player_s's Flag is: United States
Send a message via AIM to game_player_s Send a message via Yahoo to game_player_s

On the Vita side of today's LRG sale, the "Fantasy Friday Bundle" which included both Asdivine Hearts and Ys Origins: Collector's Edition sold out in roughly one minute. Ys Origin: Collector's Edition and Asdivine Hearts, as stand alone products, each sold out in under three minutes. The second sale later today is likely to sell out even faster since LRG sets aside rougly just one-third of the available inventory for their 6p.m. EDT sales.

Ys Origin (standard edition) is LRG's first ever foray into a non-limited edition game which will be "mass produced" to fill all orders placed throughout this entire day, and is there first game with no order quantity limit restrictions in place. They've even noted in on the product page that if you order quantity 30 (thirty) you will receive a Sony factory sealed case as it arrived to them from the factroy.

All that said, I still do not see Ys Origin (standard edition) as a product that is going to sell a super high quantity, though likely will be more due to reseller's and private game stores buying inventory. I'm going to fare a guess that said game stores and high volume resellers will be the driving force behind the sale of this title today since Play-Asai has had the R3 version of the game up for pre-order now at the same price as the LRG version since February, and there was nearly three solid months Falcom had us all believing that the R3 release was going to be the only region getting a physical English language release of the game. Can attest I myself sill have the R3 edition on pre-order, and no reason to cancelling it since I ordered it while Play-Asia was running a promo sale and final price was only $24.99 (can always gift or trade it at that reasonable price).
Old 08-25-2017, 11:27 PM

WaxWeazle's Flag is: Belgium Belgium

Got both Vita copies
Want to build up a bigger Vita collection + I've heard good things about Ys.. So who knows..
Old 09-10-2017, 09:32 AM
Staff Member

GameTrigger's Flag is: Estonia Tallinn, Estonia

https://limitedrungames.com/products...rius-blaze-ps4