Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Memorabilia Collecting

Old 02-08-2018, 02:35 PM
Site Supporter

Spect3r's Flag is: Portugal Portugal
Default Re: New Shadow of the Colossus statue

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverpen View Post
Seriously? You legitimately don't see what scalpers do to be shady and morally wrong? Free market isn't the point here and that's evident by what so many other companies do: Limiting how many orders someone can place for limited or hot items. But you think this to be a fine thing to do?
I have nothing against a company limiting the number a person can buy, but at the same time i cant be mad at someone that tries to make some money by buying a bunch and selling them later on.

We are not talking about Cancer drugs or something like that, is no life or dead so no i do not find it shady at all.

Quote:
Well, alright then, this is all I need to know about the perspective of hobby collecting of this forum.
Of course, because im the voice of the thousands of members this forum has

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very unhappy and has widely been seen as a bad move.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:30 PM

silverpen's Flag is: United States

It's absolutely not a good first impression to hear apologists for scalpers.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:41 PM
Site Supporter

0329liuken's Flag is: United States Texas

Quote:

I think it all depends on how you look at it.

I usually preorder 2-3 copies of each CE/LE from different retailers to avoid getting nothing because of cancellation. If none of them is cancelled, I usually offer my extra copies to my friends from this forum. If no one wants them, I’ll sell them on eBay. If I cancel them, other scalpers might get them and sell them on eBay, why let them make the money but not myself?

I think many people are doing this, but I won’t call myself a scalper. I don’t like people who order 20 copies of something and then sell them for twice as much. But to be honest I think they earned it because they spend their time on studying and following the news, if you truly like something, you should be following most stuff about it.

Old 02-08-2018, 05:53 PM
Site Supporter

Spect3r's Flag is: Portugal Portugal

Quote:
Im no apologist, i just dont have nothing against them.

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very unhappy and has widely been seen as a bad move.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:00 PM

g6t9ed's Flag is: United States Texas

Quote:
Thank you for letting me know. I've been refreshing the product page religiously since yesterday and saw the option to preorder earlier today and did. Now I can stop worrying. I'm guessing maybe GameStop cancelled preorders of scalpers who ordered something crazy like 10 of these.
Glad you got your order in. I, myself, am surprised this was a GameStop only release as I thought, at least, the PlayStation store would carry it. I've been debating on whether I should get the First Colossi figure that was released overseas since it appears to not have a U.S. announcement.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:02 PM

Dreamcazman's Flag is: Australia Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Seriously? You legitimately don't see what scalpers do to be shady and morally wrong? Free market isn't the point here and that's evident by what so many other companies do: Limiting how many orders someone can place for limited or hot items. But you think this to be a fine thing to do?

Well, alright then, this is all I need to know about the perspective of hobby collecting of this forum.
While I do not condone scalping of huge quantities, I think all of us are guilty of it to some degree.

If people are silly enough to pay exorbitant prices for things, that's their problem. On the plus side, if nobody buys it, the scalpers are stuck with it, there is usually only a certain period of time when an item is hot to sell.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:55 PM

defiler's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcazman View Post
While I do not condone scalping of huge quantities, I think all of us are guilty of it to some degree.

If people are silly enough to pay exorbitant prices for things, that's their problem. On the plus side, if nobody buys it, the scalpers are stuck with it, there is usually only a certain period of time when an item is hot to sell.
Yeah, like lithographs. Some scalpers on Ebay ave been stuck with hundreds of extras that I see them finally liquidating now. The funnier ones are the ones I see with 5 year old lithos trying to sell for $250, when 99% of the others are like $20 on Ebay. lol
Old 07-13-2018, 09:53 PM

g6t9ed's Flag is: United States Texas

Hey Gary,

Do you know what the deal is with this release? I feel like I'm the only person to preorder this statue as no one is talking about when it's supposed to actually show up. I know it's been delayed and GameStop's website states it's supposed to be released today but when I called them, they say they don't know when it'll arrive.

Do you know what's up? I'd be happy to hear an actual update from the "horse's mouth" since I've been given the runaround these past few anxious weeks.

Thanks again for all that you do.

Edit: Just checked the website again, and now it says a release date of 07/27/2018. Let's hope this one sticks.

Last edited by g6t9ed; 07-13-2018 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Change to release date.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:01 AM

garybarth's Flag is: United States

Hi Gang,

Sorry I’ve been radio silent for awhile. I’ve been slammed with projects, traveling to lots of shows and dealing with a death in the family. The SOTC is done and has been for quite awhile (they look amazing BTW). This was the first time my new vendor had worked with GameStop and they weren’t used to all the stringent compliance procedures (including a factory inspection), so it delayed things quite a bit, but I can assure you that they are all on a boat and on their way. We sent 30 units to Japan studio and they loved them. I’m really happy with the quality of samples on this product. So hang in there. I appreciate your patience.

Regarding the GameStop distribution issue, our gear store is going through a bit of a transition at the moment so for the SOTC statue, GameStop was the exclusive distributor. I can’t say for sure if that’s going to be an ongoing deal on all my statues. There are definite advantages of working with GameStop (including Intl sales) so we’ll see how things work out with my next statue for Days Gone. It’s designed and modeled by the game team and it’s going to be slightly larger in scale than my Kratos/Atreus statue. Here’s the early prototype on display at PAX:

Thanks!
Gary
Old 09-01-2018, 07:51 PM
CE.o News Team

Ayiu's Flag is: Europe Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by garybarth View Post
Hi Gang,

Sorry I’ve been radio silent for awhile. I’ve been slammed with projects, traveling to lots of shows and dealing with a death in the family. The SOTC is done and has been for quite awhile (they look amazing BTW). This was the first time my new vendor had worked with GameStop and they weren’t used to all the stringent compliance procedures (including a factory inspection), so it delayed things quite a bit, but I can assure you that they are all on a boat and on their way. We sent 30 units to Japan studio and they loved them. I’m really happy with the quality of samples on this product. So hang in there. I appreciate your patience.

Regarding the GameStop distribution issue, our gear store is going through a bit of a transition at the moment so for the SOTC statue, GameStop was the exclusive distributor. I can’t say for sure if that’s going to be an ongoing deal on all my statues. There are definite advantages of working with GameStop (including Intl sales) so we’ll see how things work out with my next statue for Days Gone. It’s designed and modeled by the game team and it’s going to be slightly larger in scale than my Kratos/Atreus statue. Here’s the early prototype on display at PAX:

Thanks!
Gary

Regarding international sales: Gamestop.com does no longer offer shipping to Europe due to the General Data Protection Regulation which took effect on May 25. So I'm sure there are a lot of people who will not be happy about exclusive Gamestop.com distribution rights. Just on a side note