View Full Version : The Last of Us

Pages : 1 [2] 3

melt
06-06-2013, 08:38 AM
During checkout or when adding to cart?

during checkout.

nipperkipper
06-06-2013, 08:47 AM
for those of us in the UK, Joel edition is still available at greenmangaming for ?44.99. Never used them though - anyone used them before?

comaamen86
06-06-2013, 08:49 AM
for those of us in the UK, Joel edition is still available at greenmangaming for ?44.99. Never used them though - anyone used them before?

have heard mixed reviews about them

Letrico
06-06-2013, 09:15 AM

wait what? Greenmangaming the Steam cd key seller? Or is it a different greenmangaming?

Letrico
06-06-2013, 09:17 AM
during checkout.

Oh. Maybe its sold out haha

nipperkipper
06-06-2013, 11:10 AM
wait what? Greenmangaming the Steam cd key seller? Or is it a different greenmangaming?

I think its the same, they have branched out into physical goods as well it seems

Digi
06-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Shopto also has the Joel Edition available

Redmagster
06-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Post pandemic stright back out again - chances are it was a couple of cancelled pre-orders....

vhal_x
06-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Can't wait to get mine, dreading the thought about the shipping costs though :banghead: xx

Redmagster
06-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Greenman gaming offer 6% cashback too... and have Skyrim Legendary for 24.99

Redmagster
06-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Can't wait to get mine, dreading the thought about the shipping costs though :banghead: xx

And the Import charges..... :swoon: xx

vhal_x
06-06-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm getting mine forwarded from a member, so will hopefully bypass customs fees :) xx

Redmagster
06-06-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm getting mine forwarded from a member, so will hopefully bypass customs fees :) xx

I considered that but the shipping from gamestop was pretty low for the size so figured it may work out about equal.... xx

vhal_x
06-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I've got stuff to get shipped from Xmo anyway, so figured he could maybe ship it all together, providing it's possible :rotf:

Gonna be a bitch to store/display though :haha: xx

Redmagster
06-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I've got stuff to get shipped from Xmo anyway, so figured he could maybe ship it all together, providing it's possible :rotf:

LOL!! Nice problem to have though :thumb: xx

comaamen86
06-06-2013, 12:30 PM
I considered that but the shipping from gamestop was pretty low for the size so figured it may work out about equal.... xx

what was shipping from gs? did you order direct?

Redmagster
06-06-2013, 12:31 PM
what was shipping from gs? did you order direct?

$24.99 and yes

Since the Survival was 19.99 I figured it's a pretty good price

comaamen86
06-06-2013, 12:37 PM
$24.99 and yes

Since the Survival was 19.99 I figured it's a pretty good price

that is probably the cheapest shipping anyone is likely to get very good, companies like that get it cheaper as they usually have shipping contracts, dread to think what shipping will be if forwarded

Redmagster
06-06-2013, 12:51 PM
that is probably the cheapest shipping anyone is likely to get very good, companies like that get it cheaper as they usually have shipping contracts, dread to think what shipping will be if forwarded

That's what I figured.... tho may regret it with import stuff... :suicide: LOL!!

nipperkipper
06-06-2013, 01:05 PM

I did the same, Xmo is awesome for helping

comaamen86
06-06-2013, 03:34 PM
E91eok-xZkw

goonergaz
06-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Nice...I just need Tesco to deliver now...I can't wait, loved the demo! :nosleep:

Vikingo82
06-06-2013, 04:04 PM
I will have Joel and Ellie CE plus figure tomorrow on my hands!!! :taunt:

Can't wait!!!

And then just will take a sit, and wait for Post pandemic and survivals editions...hihihi... :banana:

Don't want to see unboxings until tomorrow...jejeje... Have no eyes at this moment... Totally blinded by faith... lol

SwiftDeath
06-06-2013, 05:19 PM
I will have Joel and Ellie CE plus figure tomorrow on my hands!!! :taunt:

Can't wait!!!

And then just will take a sit, and wait for Post pandemic and survivals editions...hihihi... :banana:

Don't want to see unboxings until tomorrow...jejeje... Have no eyes at this moment... Totally blinded by faith... lol

Doesn't the game come out the 14th? I.E. next friday?

How can you get the CE and thus the game a week early?

Vikingo82
06-06-2013, 05:24 PM
:beg:

Wrong day at my notebook...

:banghead:

Vlad
06-06-2013, 06:01 PM
It's been ages since I've ordered from Gamestop US, do any of you know when they'll ship international orders?

I seem to remember with the Arkham Asylum CE it actually did arrive on release or maybe the day before.

Heh, can't wait although that Ellie edition does look nice now seeing it all out of the box but a nice figure trumps other stuff any day for me. (Well, maybe besides the SR4 dubstep gun, it's so silly that it's fantastic. :P)

nipperkipper
06-06-2013, 07:57 PM
It's been ages since I've ordered from Gamestop US, do any of you know when they'll ship international orders?

I seem to remember with the Arkham Asylum CE it actually did arrive on release or maybe the day before.

Heh, can't wait although that Ellie edition does look nice now seeing it all out of the box but a nice figure trumps other stuff any day for me. (Well, maybe besides the SR4 dubstep gun, it's so silly that it's fantastic. :P)

Yeh Gamestop still ship internationally but they have sold out of the PPE unless you want the survival edition

Vikingo82
06-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Yeh Gamestop still ship internationally but they have sold out of the PPE unless you want the survival edition

Sold out in one day? Now I really think that these CE were cancelled orders... ffff...

Thought they were going to flood the market with this one

Luckily won't... :taunt:

nipperkipper
06-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Sold out in one day? Now I really think that these CE were cancelled orders... ffff...

Thought they were going to flood the market with this one

Luckily won't... :taunt:

Yeh must have been cancelled orders, people couldnt checkout after a while

Even the survival edition has disappeared

NaughtyDogJames
06-06-2013, 08:16 PM
I told you so.

Vlad
06-06-2013, 08:33 PM

Yeah, I preordered the PPE the day it went up on their site, haha.

I was more wondering what day I should expect my bank account to cry out in terror. :P
There's only a week until release so surely it should be shipped any day, I was just curious and wanted to ask in case anybody in the UK more frequently preorders from Gamestop and would know when they tend to ship.

comaamen86
06-06-2013, 08:34 PM
I told you so.

gif say it better

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt6hiogx5J1r14o02o1_500.gif

Vikingo82
06-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I preordered the PPE the day it went up on their site, haha.

I was more wondering what day I should expect my bank account to cry out in terror. :P
There's only a week until release so surely it should be shipped any day, I was just curious and wanted to ask in case anybody in the UK more frequently preorders from Gamestop and would know when they tend to ship.

I use to double up this high limited CE's with two different cards for secure one at least..hehehe...

Want no mistakes with this stuff!!! :beach:

Vlad
06-06-2013, 08:43 PM
I use to double up this high limited CE's with two different cards for secure one at least..hehehe...

That's a good idea, I'll need to do that with Ubishop, they seem to be the only ones that I've ran into issues with and not even just on one occasion.
The bank account can be fine but something just seems to go wrong with them, they cancel your order and if it's sold out, as far as they're concerned, tough luck, better luck next time.

Redmagster
06-06-2013, 09:39 PM
E91eok-xZkw

Loved loved loved the unboxing!!! That card game case is stunning - reminds me of Heavy Rain CE :thumb:

Can't wait now....

flatout
06-07-2013, 04:01 AM
Last of Us shirt and litho:

Ellie:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Last-of-Us-Exclusive-Sony-PAX-2012-Promo-Ellie-shirt-and-poster-small-red-/281116165319?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4173d444c7

Joel:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Last-of-Us-Exclusive-Sony-PAX-2012-Promo-Joel-shirt-and-poster-small-red-/281116164952?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4173d44358

Rcykzai
06-07-2013, 06:12 AM
An early unboxing videos of the collector editions or limted editions, you name it.

The last of us 12"inch figure
?v=FDCfFIWDgVo

The last of us Survival Edition
?v=-q4IeU7OEb8

The last of us Joel Edition
?v=5xtY3ZVOj_k

The last of us Ellie Edition
?v=q5ZtyLSIznA

Letrico
06-07-2013, 06:17 AM
ellie is still high

comaamen86
06-07-2013, 06:38 AM
the survival and pp editions if it was not for the steel would not be so desirable to me, i still rate the canvas wraps and after seeing the unboxings the look better than i thought

MortalMonday
06-07-2013, 06:50 AM
So glad I canceled my PPE.

Letrico
06-07-2013, 07:02 AM
I still got my PPE T_T With ellie looking so high and Joel Ellie edition sold out its hard to change now

Vlad
06-07-2013, 01:45 PM
The last of us 12"inch figure

Oh, wow.
I was expecting it to be big but seeing it next to Connor in the tree, somehow it looks massive.

As for my view on the canvas wraps vs the figure, the wraps do actually look really nice but a statue trumps that any day for me. With the wraps, they'd end up hidden and I couldn't see them but the statue is going straight onto my shelf where I'll see it often.

Vikingo82
06-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Loved loved loved the unboxing!!! That card game case is stunning - reminds me of Heavy Rain CE :thumb:

Can't wait now....

Totally with you...the heavy rain card sleeve is the one of the best ever made!!!

With this rain drops embriodered...fffff...so smooth...

Vlad
06-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Arseholes :banghead: :asplode:

My bank is supposedly auto-declining the payment to Gamestop on both cards I've tried for some bloody reason and it's not an issue with money GS confirmed to me.
I've had to phone Gamestop in America twice today and the only thing that's happened, thankfully and full credit to Gamestop for being great with me (and understanding my accent :P) they've said they've put a note in to delay it being cancelled until my bank is opened on Monday and I can go down and talk to them.

Bollocks. :suicide:

Matt16
06-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Arseholes :banghead: :asplode:

My bank is supposedly auto-declining the payment to Gamestop on both cards I've tried for some bloody reason and it's not an issue with money GS confirmed to me.
I've had to phone Gamestop in America twice today and the only thing that's happened, thankfully and full credit to Gamestop for being great with me (and understanding my accent :P) they've said they've put a note in to delay it being cancelled until my bank is opened on Monday and I can go down and talk to them.

Bollocks. :suicide:

That sucks, I've been there myself, it'll just be the usual fraud checks they do when buying from somewhere they consider 'out of the norm'. It's not a tesco account is it?

It's really frustrating but can usually be sorted in a few minutes if you call them.

At least Gamestop sound like they're being good about it :)

Vlad
06-08-2013, 07:47 PM
It's not a tesco account is it?

It's really frustrating but can usually be sorted in a few minutes if you call them.

At least Gamestop sound like they're being good about it :)

Nah, not Tesco.

Yeah, unfortunately though Gamestop didn't e-mail until about 3 and so they were already closed, then shut on a Sunday so I'm gonna be waiting outside on Monday morning for them to open, haha.

Yeah, I hear often from Americans about how bad GS are but today they've been absolutely fantastic with me.

Redmagster
06-08-2013, 07:47 PM
A friend had his survivor edition completely cancelled today because lloyds declined the transaction..... :suicide:

A lengthy call to gamestop apparently got them nowhere as there was no way to retrieve and reinstate the order.... :nono:

CheapAssassin
06-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Gamestop cancelled my Tales of Xillia CE too last time for some stupid fraud check. And when I called them they came up with stupid reason saying my credit card decline d payment. I told them I just purchased things online using the same card, n the guy couldn't give me a proper reason, blaming it all on their "computer verification process" zz

Redmagster
06-08-2013, 09:17 PM
That's what bugged my friend the most. The guy he spoke to blamed that he was from England, blamed the bank, blamed everything but he had two orders and one for the pandemic is still standing.... :nono:

Vikingo82
06-08-2013, 09:53 PM
From people like me aoutside CA, having preorpered PPE, and launch date is on friday, anybody knows when will they take the money?

CheapAssassin
06-08-2013, 11:17 PM
That's what bugged my friend the most. The guy he spoke to blamed that he was from England, blamed the bank, blamed everything but he had two orders and one for the pandemic is still standing.... :nono:

I certainly can understand your friend's frustration. Imagine you thot you had bought the CE then it was cancelled without any warning, and the next thing you know it was already sold out and there was nothing they can do. I was lucky enough to have my PPE and Tales of Xillia which I pre ordered from GameStop Local store...

From people like me aoutside CA, having preorpered PPE, and launch date is on friday, anybody knows when will they take the money?

GameStop just debit from my Card Viking. But im in the States.. Perhaps someone from overseas can confirm with you. Normally GameStop will debit your Card a week before released date - based on my past experience purchasing from them

Redmagster
06-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Looks like uk orders are being processed for payment this weekend so guess you can wave goodbye to a large amount of money in the next day or so Viking.... :swoon:

CheapAssassin
06-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Looks like uk orders are being processed for payment this weekend so guess you can wave goodbye to a large amount of money in the next day or so Viking.... :swoon:

Mag is a rich. Please sponsor us, please... :beg:

Redmagster
06-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Mag is a rich. Please sponsor us, please... :beg:

Lol!!! I sooooo wish... I don't even know where the money is coming from for PPE but determined to keep it... :suicide:

CheapAssassin
06-09-2013, 01:00 AM
LOL. Honestly, if they have FREE delivery option but take as long as a month, I would have chosen that option. Dont care if its by steam ship or deliver on bicycle.

But i guess we are equally cheap lol :p

Redmagster
06-09-2013, 01:20 AM
LOL. Honestly, if they have FREE delivery option but take as long as a month, I would have chosen that option. Dont care if its by steam ship or deliver on bicycle.

But i guess we are equally cheap lol :p

Lol nooooo thrifty!! :thumb:

Ok then... Cheap!!! :taunt:

CheapAssassin
06-09-2013, 01:21 AM
Honesty goes a long way Mag! xD

goonergaz
06-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Anyone with the bs cancelled orders, try an email to the company CEO - seriously, email stating your disappointment at their shoddy system (be polite but make it obvious you are not really at fault and you are really upset and let down by them).

You will probably get it passed onto someone who will manually resolve the issue.

Vikingo82
06-09-2013, 12:24 PM

It's ok, it was saved for that purpose... I just wanted to be sure that they didn't cancel my PPE with no reason like alredy happen to other people..

My gamestop account says they are still open orders, so, everything seems to be fine...

Edit: Just checked my card movements, and they have take the money. So now just chill and relax waiting for my CE's... :D

Anybody knows how much will take overseas orders to arrive as the game comes out the 14th?

Really can't wait!!!

Redmagster
06-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Anyone with the bs cancelled orders, try an email to the company CEO - seriously, email stating your disappointment at their shoddy system (be polite but make it obvious you are not really at fault and you are really upset and let down by them).

You will probably get it passed onto someone who will manually resolve the issue.

Hey Gaz

Thanks for the advice :) I mentioned it to my mate and he's sent a similar email but to orders@gamestop.com but if you know the name or contact email for the CEO I'll pass it on to him as it can't hurt to forward it... :thumb:

goonergaz
06-09-2013, 05:21 PM
You need to go direct to CEO to get a result, get you mate to do some googling...find out who the CEO is and then google some more and you'll find a website listing contact email addresses.

Sorry, bit tied up at the mo to help more.

Redmagster
06-09-2013, 05:55 PM
You need to go direct to CEO to get a result, get you mate to do some googling...find out who the CEO is and then google some more and you'll find a website listing contact email addresses.

Sorry, bit tied up at the mo to help more.

No worries - appreciate the input :)

Sand4fish
06-11-2013, 01:48 AM
Anyone here ordered the game through game.co.uk? I pre-ordered the Ellie edition since February and this morning I received a cancellation e-mail!!! WTF!! I did enquire them about it, but still no reply. Seriously, I won't let it go if they do cancel my order... I'll freaking swarm every forum I know of with s**t about them!

Sand4fish
06-11-2013, 02:07 AM
By the way, I managed to get my hands on a early promo copy of the game today! And the game is FANTASTIC!! Hands down the best graphics on the ps3! Though MGS V might beat it down the road. The game is really immersive! Liked it more than the uncharted series!

SwiftDeath
06-11-2013, 02:09 AM
By the way, I managed to get my hands on a early promo copy of the game today! And the game is FANTASTIC!! Hands down the best graphics on the ps3! Though MGS V might beat it down the road. The game is really immersive! Liked it more than the uncharted series!

:notworthy:

Cannot wait until Friday :drool:

No matter how jealous I may be, it is always nice to hear an honest gamers opinion of it :)

MortalMonday
06-12-2013, 02:49 AM
This damn game made my eyes water! Can't remember the last time that happened...certainly not with a game.

Vikingo82
06-12-2013, 02:52 AM
I said it in other thread:

Willing to help, if somebody wants Ellie Edition, can get it for 70 Euros (well 69,90 Euros...)

Just PM...before they run out of stock.

xpl0sive
06-12-2013, 03:17 AM
Only 2 more days until this epic masterpiece is released! Cannot wait! Won't be getting any of the CE's though as I'm not really impressed with any of them. Plus I'm too impatient to import lol just want to play now so will just get the standard version locally. Got the artbook pre-ordered and may pick up a steelbook off ebay later down the track if they're not too expensive, and that'll be good enough for me.

Mike1888
06-12-2013, 03:47 AM
What's with the Friday release? Went to FS today excited to pick up the game...what a let down!

SwiftDeath
06-12-2013, 03:48 AM
What's with the Friday release? Went to FS today excited to pick up the game...what a let down!

I thought that was strange as well but perhaps they wanted to release right after E3?

Build hype for PS4?

Xmo
06-12-2013, 06:27 AM
holy perfect 10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GBXuE6jcl4

Letrico
06-12-2013, 06:44 AM
holy perfect 10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GBXuE6jcl4

you fooled me. I thought it was the post pandemic unboxing

Xmo
06-12-2013, 06:45 AM
you fooled me. I thought it was the post pandemic unboxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDCfFIWDgVo

flatout
06-12-2013, 06:46 AM
This damn game made my eyes water! Can't remember the last time that happened...certainly not with a game.

Turn the brightness down ;)

Lol... J/K

Yeah the reviews say that is the strongest point of this game... the emotional story.

Letrico
06-12-2013, 07:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDCfFIWDgVo

You fooled me again! Thats the statue unboxing lol. Got a few people posting the pictures of it in EB AU facebook.

Xmo
06-12-2013, 07:08 AM
You fooled me again! Thats the statue unboxing lol. Got a few people posting the pictures of it in EB AU facebook.

thats about it, I don't have anything else under my sleeves.

Redmagster
06-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Watched the E3 launch last night just before I went to sleep - big mistake!! :nosleep:

LyricalOne
06-12-2013, 05:37 PM
So not really CE news but it's still interesting

The Last Of Us New Multiplayer Mode Screenshots (http://www.explosion.com/34665/the-last-of-us-new-multiplayer-mode-screenshots/)

Really digging the concept of TLoU's MP :D

I love survival in a post-apocalyptic world type of games

Now just need to find 3 other people.....

On Xbox or PS3?

I'll be on the Xbox version :D

But honestly, hit me up if you wanna play.

I won't get it release day since mine has to come from ironman but eventually..I'll get there lol

SwiftDeath
06-12-2013, 05:38 PM
On Xbox or PS3?

I won't get it release day since mine has to come from ironman but eventually..I'll get there lol

Cool probably will then

I'm picking mine up a couple days after release so won't get to play it for a while :(

NaughtyDogJames
06-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Hey Swift add me! Titchy_Penguin

comaamen86
06-12-2013, 05:55 PM
i am so tempted to trad in me360 right now

NaughtyDogJames
06-12-2013, 05:58 PM
i am so tempted to trad in me360 right now

Do it!

comaamen86
06-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Do it!

tempted mate very tempted, but i have invested a lot of money in 360, just done trade in price checker and me standard non ce games and console add to 164 pound, but i dont really wanna because ps4 is around the corner just hope last of us makes it to ps4 in some way, me last of us has been dispatched from shopto though

you all have to tell me how great it is whilst i stare at the box

Rerder
06-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Just finished the game, what an amazing story. GOTY anyone ??

Sand4fish
06-12-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm almost there... It is indeed an amazing game! But I truly suggest people to play it on hard or survivor, as that's where the suspense is at max and where you truly put to use all your survival items and tactics.

SwiftDeath
06-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Hey Swift add me! Titchy_Penguin

Will do tonight then but I'm not super active on either systems online tbh

Redmagster
06-12-2013, 09:42 PM
You guys really finished the game already?!? Only saw the preview last night... Very disturbing - going to find this hard...

Sand4fish
06-12-2013, 09:54 PM
You guys really finished the game already?!? Only saw the preview last night... Very disturbing - going to find this hard...

Yeah, I got the promo copy of the game...I ve been playing for two days now...Could have finished the game earlier but I got a job... But skipped tons of sleeping time for this game!

There are a bunch of people who got their pre-ordered copies of the game in Europe on the beginning of the week... It seems a major retailer screwed up the date. There s even a YouTube video of some guy talking about it.

Redmagster
06-12-2013, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I got the promo copy of the game...I ve been playing for two days now...Could have finished the game earlier but I got a job... But skipped tons of sleeping time for this game!

There are a bunch of people who got their pre-ordered copies of the game in Europe on the beginning of the week... It seems a major retailer screwed up the date. There s even a YouTube video of some guy talking about it.

You enjoy it??? Looks great but disturbing...

King Peter
06-12-2013, 11:35 PM
tempted mate very tempted, but i have invested a lot of money in 360, just done trade in price checker and me standard non ce games and console add to 164 pound, but i dont really wanna because ps4 is around the corner just hope last of us makes it to ps4 in some way, me last of us has been dispatched from shopto though

you all have to tell me how great it is whilst i stare at the box

and you call yourself a collector tsk tsk tsk :P

Got 2 of each :) (4 limited edition of course)

Sand4fish
06-13-2013, 12:37 AM

Love the game! Not sure about disturbing, but I'll tell that the part that made me jump out of my seat had nothing to do with the infected (zombies) lol... All I say is that the game is tense, because basically two shots get you killed, one bite gets you killed.. Getting surrounded... U get the drill!

imironmann
06-13-2013, 02:22 AM
On Xbox or PS3?

I'll give it a test run for a couple of weeks before sending it to you.

Just to make sure it's working ok.

I'd feel horrible if you got a defective copy!

Now that's Quality Control!

LyricalOne
06-13-2013, 05:42 AM
I'll give it a test run for a couple of weeks before sending it to you.

Just to make sure it's working ok.

I'd feel horrible if you got a defective copy!

Now that's Quality Control!

You can keep the Xbox version, just send me the PS3 :v:

imironmann
06-13-2013, 06:06 AM
I'll pass on the Xbox version.

I've just recently replaced the Xbox where I spend most of my gaming time with one of my dusty old PS3s. There's this one company that's releasing a new gaming console this year and I'd like to re-familiarize myself with it's predecessor. I figure no better way to get back into Sony than with Lyrical's copy of the Last of us! lol

I'll make sure and send you lots of peanuts with your Xbox disc. Hehe

LyricalOne
06-13-2013, 06:16 AM
I'll pass on the Xbox version.

I've just recently replaced the Xbox where I spend most of my gaming time with one of my dusty old PS3s. There's this one company that's releasing a new gaming console this year and I'd like to re-familiarize myself with it's predecessor. I figure no better way to get back into Sony than with Lyrical's copy of the Last of us! lol

I'll make sure and send you lots of peanuts with your Xbox disc. Hehe

Oh really? I'm planning on doing that soon actually.
Specially with TLoU, I'm sure that's going to eat up a lot of my very little free time.
I want a PS4..but I have to fight the urges lol.

Oh my, not more than what I sent lol.
Peanuts should become a currency; then I could afford lots of CE's lol :bananayes:

Rerder
06-13-2013, 08:07 AM

Got my official copies yesterday :D. I had my unofficial copy for about week :P

Love the game! Not sure about disturbing, but I'll tell that the part that made me jump out of my seat had nothing to do with the infected (zombies) lol... All I say is that the game is tense, because basically two shots get you killed, one bite gets you killed.. Getting surrounded... U get the drill!

Loved the part with the car and the magazine :D

Sand4fish
06-13-2013, 10:05 AM
Got my official copies yesterday :D. I had my unofficial copy for about week :P

Loved the part with the car and the magazine :D

Me too! Such great writing! Didn't think the story was that original, but the atmosphere and character development were top notch! GOTY in my humble opinion, and I am not a fan of the uncharted series, from which the core mechanics is drawn from.

MortalMonday
06-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Jesus, this game keeps getting better and better. I have no idea how far I am in to the game; I just know that this is one outstanding title that keeps getting better and better as you progress.

Sand4fish
06-13-2013, 10:22 AM
I just found out that the voice of Joel, Troy Baker, will be in MGS V! He's gonna play Ocelot! Such an amazing actor!

vhal_x
06-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Troy Baker is the new Nolan North xx

xpl0sive
06-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Anyone got the Joel and Ellie statue in hand? Would like to know what the paint job is like in hand as I've just watched a youtube vid on it, and I wasn't impressed at all. Just like I expected, looks like the same shitty paintjob Triforce did on their crappy Max Payne statue. I'm hoping in-hand it looks better as I wanted one, but after seeing the vid I really don't think it's worth anywhere near the $148 EB are charging for it here. It's a shame because the sculpt actually looks pretty good from what I can see, it's just the paint apps that let it down. Maybe Sideshow will do a Premium Format of these guys one day...now that I would love :)

Sand4fish
06-13-2013, 12:04 PM

Ah I changed my mind... There are actually parts of the game I find disturbing and freaking creepy!!!

Sand4fish
06-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Anyone got the Joel and Ellie statue in hand? Would like to know what the paint job is like in hand as I've just watched a youtube vid on it, and I wasn't impressed at all. Just like I expected, looks like the same shitty paintjob Triforce did on their crappy Max Payne statue. I'm hoping in-hand it looks better as I wanted one, but after seeing the vid I really don't think it's worth anywhere near the $148 EB are charging for it here. It's a shame because the sculpt actually looks pretty good from what I can see, it's just the paint apps that let it down. Maybe Sideshow will do a Premium Format of these guys one day...now that I would love :)

I don't have the statue, but there s no way you can compare it to the max Payne one... The statue for TLOU actually do resemble the characters in-game.

xpl0sive
06-13-2013, 08:49 PM
I don't have the statue, but there s no way you can compare it to the max Payne one... The statue for TLOU actually do resemble the characters in-game.

haha yeah that Max statue was pretty horrible, but yeah I was referring to the paint job in my post. I mentioned the sculpt is actually pretty good (on the Joel & Ellie statue), it's just the paint job that looks crappy and resembles the crappy paintjob on the Max statue, from what I saw. Might look better in real life, hence why I asked if someone has it.

comaamen86
06-13-2013, 08:57 PM
and you call yourself a collector tsk tsk tsk :P

Got 2 of each :) (4 limited edition of course)

only need one copy to play

i am the anti collector i chew on steelbooks

comaamen86
06-13-2013, 09:30 PM
how did this pass by italy got a whole another edition

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y319/gattone83/andre/GAT/970856_10201241218213024_220307499_n_zps6d765c5c.j pg

SwiftDeath
06-13-2013, 09:32 PM

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y319/gattone83/andre/GAT/970856_10201241218213024_220307499_n_zps6d765c5c.j pg

I was fairly certain the Italian editions were discussed in this thread?

Or was it just the pre-order bonuses and we missed the CE?

comaamen86
06-13-2013, 09:34 PM
i know there was a water bottle one but no this and it is a joel edition?

Platfus
06-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Bottle was preorder bonus, at least here in cz.

comaamen86
06-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Apocalypse Britain: Photographic trickery shows what iconic UK landmarks could look like in the aftermath of a pandemic

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2339765/Apocalypse-Britain-Photographic-trickery-shows-iconic-UK-landmarks-look-like-aftermath-pandemic.html

they photoshopped iconic uk landmarks to promote last of us, pretty cool

Redmagster
06-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Apocalypse Britain: Photographic trickery shows what iconic UK landmarks could look like in the aftermath of a pandemic

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2339765/Apocalypse-Britain-Photographic-trickery-shows-iconic-UK-landmarks-look-like-aftermath-pandemic.html

they photoshopped iconic uk landmarks to promote last of us, pretty cool

Great pics - thanks Coma :)

comaamen86
06-13-2013, 10:11 PM
Great pics - thanks Coma :)

no probs can i come over play last of us?

Redmagster
06-13-2013, 10:24 PM
no probs can i come over play last of us?

Can you bring sweets??? Just went to raid the cupboard and tis bare... :this:

I am too scared to play it at the moment!!! Waiting for the weekend to play in the daylight... :rotf:

comaamen86
06-13-2013, 10:28 PM

I am too scared to play it at the moment!!! Waiting for the weekend to play in the daylight... :rotf:

yep, i really want to play it would trading me 360 deemed hasty?

Redmagster
06-13-2013, 10:32 PM
yep, i really want to play it would trading me 360 deemed hasty?

I tell you - ill courier me old ps3 to you - no hdmi tho :( but can pay on av??

comaamen86
06-13-2013, 10:36 PM
I tell you - ill courier me old ps3 to you - no hdmi tho :( but can pay on av??

much appreciated buts i am just being childlike, cant have it all

i did look up trade prices at game and to be honest would be walking out in me socks with a ps3

just found a nice little item on ebay regarding last of us cheap and officail

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-LAST-OF-US-PS3-LIMITED-EDITION-iPhone-4-4S-COLLECTORS-CASE-IN-HAND-NOW-/121126144710?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesP ouches&hash=item1c33ae4ac6

Redmagster
06-13-2013, 10:38 PM
much appreciated buts i am just being childlike, cant have it all

i did look up trade prices at game and to be honest would be walking out in me socks with a ps3

just found a nice little item on ebay regarding last of us cheap and officail

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-LAST-OF-US-PS3-LIMITED-EDITION-iPhone-4-4S-COLLECTORS-CASE-IN-HAND-NOW-/121126144710?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesP ouches&hash=item1c33ae4ac6

Was Graingergames Games preorder bonus :) nice! But ave no iPhone... :think:

You can have my ps3 - it's still in the packaging from when it was sent bak from repairer!!! Or you no fancy av??? :/

comaamen86
06-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Was Graingergames Games preorder bonus :) nice! But ave no iPhone... :think:

You can have my ps3 - it's still in the packaging from when it was sent bak from repairer!!! Or you no fancy av??? :/

i do appreciate it but not much room for consoles everywhere if i get ps3 would get rid of me 360

Redmagster
06-13-2013, 10:42 PM
i do appreciate it but not much room for consoles everywhere if i get ps3 would get rid of me 360

Ah that makes sense... You'd be mad to trade in Xbox now though...

comaamen86
06-13-2013, 10:44 PM
Ah that makes sense... You'd be mad to trade in Xbox now though...

i know i think i will use it till ps4 comes out then put it in storage, just wont buy any new games cept gtav

Vlad
06-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Did any of you find out anything about the Ellie Editions being cancelled?
Just that one of my friends just got his cancelled today, must be quite a few at this point.

comaamen86
06-14-2013, 03:54 AM

found an unboxing

XfXmEB7WYGc

Vikingo82
06-14-2013, 04:03 AM
Did any of you find out anything about the Ellie Editions being cancelled?
Just that one of my friends just got his cancelled today, must be quite a few at this point.

From Gamestop.com?

Which shop and country?

What happens with this edition???

Really weird...

Vikingo82
06-14-2013, 04:03 AM
Not gamestop couse is EU eclusive sorry...

Letrico
06-14-2013, 07:51 AM
found an unboxing

XfXmEB7WYGc

Is that the amazon.it edition?

Rerder
06-14-2013, 07:55 AM
Is that the amazon.it edition?

No gamestop.it edition.

Redmagster
06-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Nothing over exciting about that one then. Nothing unique just a collection f official items bundled with a Joel edition

Nice box tho!!

rasmusvn
06-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Got to love the nordic version.

The Ellie version you say? Really?

Let's write it four times just for the heck of it..

http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/otcxn2e0mzqwzdc0yzfingm3ntk5mzq1nwq3nty2zwi.jpg

Vlad
06-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Which shop and country?

Ah, sorry didn't think - I'm meaning Game UK, just because I seen some other folk say they had the same issue a few pages ago but then I don't think I seen anybody say if they had found out more.

Have to admit, after hearing it, I'm kinda glad I didn't order from Game this time.

Vikingo82
06-14-2013, 02:12 PM
Game Spain, had all the CE yesterday ready to take on shop and shipments has been arrived well to all my friends...

Strange case in Game UK...so weird...

goonergaz
06-14-2013, 02:32 PM
IMPORTANT NOTE TO ANYONE PLAYING THE GAME:

Apparently there is a game save bug, essentially you could lose hours of progress.

You need to pause the game at regular times and check it says "saved x ago" if it says that you're fine, if it doesn't you will need to restart the game.

Just a heads-up.

Sand4fish
06-14-2013, 04:51 PM

Apparently there is a game save bug, essentially you could lose hours of progress.

You need to pause the game at regular times and check it says "saved x ago" if it says that you're fine, if it doesn't you will need to restart the game.

Just a heads-up.

Thanks for the tip... Actually I noticed that bug happened after the required dwl update as of today. I have finished the game way before Friday and no such bug existed then.

Edit: The way to go around the bug is to play it offline. Tested!

Sand4fish
06-14-2013, 04:56 PM
My problem with game.co has been solved apparently. Hope to receive my Ellie edition in a week or so. Thanks so much for all help guys! This is a great community because of u guys!

A question: I was forced to give my credit info to the person attending to me during the game.uk livechat so she could process my order... Just wondering if I should feel worried about it, as I have never given it to a online retailer other than amazon! Other than that, I used only paypal.

Sand4fish
06-14-2013, 05:03 PM

It's not scary lol though I admit I jumped out a bit a few times lol but that was because of the freaking loud volume so I could get really into the mood. Having good speakers is a must in this game as it sets the atmosphere and plays a very important role in the mechanics of the game.

Edit: if you are playing in the daylight, play it at least in a dark room or smth, because the game is so dark in many of the levels and you re gonna see anything on screen (or turn brightness on max and blind yourself lol). just a suggestion. Hope you'll have as much fun as I did with this game. Loved it so much!

rasmusvn
06-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Losing 3 hours of progress is just great.

Great patch. :banghead:

Sand4fish
06-14-2013, 05:42 PM
Try playing offline. It'll work. I don't even know what the patch was supposed to fix in the first place... The only thing different I noticed is the added number percentage on the loading screen!

rasmusvn
06-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Yeah, 27,65 % loaded or wait no..

jumping back 22,45%

I'll try deleting the patch. The game worked fine yesterday.

Sand4fish
06-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Troy Baker is the new Nolan North xx

The funny thing is Nolan North is one of the TLOU characters!:lmao:

comaamen86
06-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Nothing over exciting about that one then. Nothing unique just a collection f official items bundled with a Joel edition

Nice box tho!!

you been licking too many lemons its lovely

Xmo
06-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Got the preorders :D
Some comparison with Uncharted 3 NA CE and AC2 Black Edition
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/xmodmodifier/IMG_0882_zpsa8d54e27.jpg

LyricalOne
06-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Some comparison with Uncharted 3 NA CE and AC2 Black Edition
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/xmodmodifier/IMG_0882_zpsa8d54e27.jpg

Oh it's not that big actually...

Ironman said it might be closer to the Skyrim, and I'm not mistaken - y UC3 CE is not about the same as my Skyrim lol

comaamen86
06-14-2013, 07:57 PM
how heavy is it?

LyricalOne
06-14-2013, 07:59 PM
how heavy is it?

The weight of 30 dead zombies

comaamen86
06-14-2013, 08:08 PM
The weight of 30 dead zombies

oO shipping will be a bomb

Rerder
06-14-2013, 08:46 PM
how heavy is it?

7.6lbs according ups

Vlad
06-14-2013, 11:31 PM

Haha, damn - I bet your postman loves you :P

Xmo
06-15-2013, 06:03 AM
Haha, damn - I bet your postman loves you :P

No, got it from gamestop, preordered from 2 different stores and they are pretty shock that I'm the only one who ordered the PPE, my the postman lost his patience from delivering packages all the time "more packages" he says xD

vhal_x
06-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Haha, my postie is like that too, on days where it is just mail he delivers, he's like "what, no packages today!?" haha xx

Vikingo82
06-15-2013, 08:17 PM
It's not as big as the Skyrim CE...

It's the same size that the figure. Couse on the inside there are some free spaces to put the steelbook and the other extras. (same as Max Payne CE package so you can make an idea).

So it's just the same size but it has the outerbox that says it's the postpandemic edition.

StayFree( ' 3')
06-15-2013, 11:36 PM

Just a heads-up.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/14/serious-auto-save-problems-plague-the-last-of-us

...ND's got this. :beer:

Vlad
06-16-2013, 02:18 PM
I know I've asked a lot of questions lately and so sorry for that but I actually have another to ask, mainly to UK folk that ordered the PPE from Gamestop directly.

Now, I might just be being dense and nothing will get done because it's the weekend, that did cross my mind, but how long did it take your package to go through Castle Donnington?
Mine arrived there on the 14th and since then nothing, just stuck at that on the tracking page.

The page still shows it as being on time to get here by 1200 on Monday but I have no idea how they'll get it from the middle of England up to Glasgow, process it and then put it out for delivery by what must be tomorrow morning.

comaamen86
06-16-2013, 09:29 PM
watched the last hour of this game on yt 8D

Xmo
06-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Really nice The Last of Us gamestop promotion standee 13 inches tall
I asked if I could have it, and the employee hesitating to give it so I said how bout I upgrade my membership to powerup pro and he gladly said yes :D
Also got the pin just for complimenting his last of us tshirt xD
Today is better than being at the midnight launch

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/xmodmodifier/IMG_0884_zps45f3416d.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/xmodmodifier/IMG_0885_zpsd16b5f66.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/xmodmodifier/IMG_0887_zps61727bed.jpg

CheapAssassin
06-16-2013, 09:47 PM
I have to say the standee is really nice. If only I could have it i would display it at my work desk.

vhal_x
06-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Really nice The Last of Us gamestop promotion standee 13 inches tall
I asked if I could have it, and the employee hesitating to give it so I said how bout I upgrade my membership to powerup pro and he gladly said yes :D
Also got the pin just for complimenting his last of us tshirt xD
Today is better than being at the midnight launch

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/xmodmodifier/IMG_0884_zps45f3416d.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/xmodmodifier/IMG_0885_zpsd16b5f66.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/xmodmodifier/IMG_0887_zps61727bed.jpg

Jealous! If you somehow get any more, keep me in mind :) xx

Sand4fish
06-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Wow..awesome standee! And for free!

Redmagster
06-16-2013, 10:37 PM
So...... Anyone on here just splurge 311gbp on a LOU PK???? :sorry:

Sand4fish
06-16-2013, 10:45 PM
So...... Anyone on here just splurge 311gbp on a LOU PK???? :sorry:

I didn't spend that much to get one, but I think it's a fair price considering that I've seen people buying it off close to 1000 USD.

Redmagster
06-16-2013, 10:48 PM
I didn't spend that much to get one, but I think it's a fair price considering that I've seen people buying it off close to 1000 USD.

This Is def one hyped game of the moment....

Sand4fish
06-16-2013, 10:54 PM
This Is def one hyped game of the moment....

With all major game reviewers giving the game a perfect score, the hype is well justified... And I actually do agree with them. It's definitely an one kind of gaming experience!

Redmagster
06-16-2013, 10:56 PM
With all major game reviewers giving the game a perfect score, the hype is well justified... And I actually do agree with them. It's definitely an one kind of gaming experience!

It is and it does deserve the hype.... ;)

Xmo
06-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Jealous! If you somehow get any more, keep me in mind :) xx

Only if they could have something in return from me, I'll check the gamestop near my new college :)
Idiots are selling it for $50-$80 on ebay...

imironmann
06-16-2013, 11:13 PM
Only if they could have something in return from me, I'll check the gamestop near my new college :)
Idiots are selling it for $50-$80 on ebay...

I don't think the one's selling them are the idiots, the ones paying $80 for them fit better in that category.

asiak75
06-17-2013, 09:18 AM
BOOOOOMMM....68 Frecking Euros...screw you fecking Customs!!!!

Pissed like hell...on top of it, they tempered with the box...

At least the Survival edition looks in reasonable shape...

Vikingo82
06-17-2013, 09:54 AM

Pissed like hell...on top of it, they tempered with the box...

At least the Survival edition looks in reasonable shape...

Wowww...I expected more taxes for me to pay ordered PPE and Survival Edition as they were boxed together.

But taxes just 35 Euros...I expected much more couse the survival edition with the artbook is truly heavy.

So could live with this taxes this time!!! :taunt:

xpl0sive
06-17-2013, 10:20 AM
For those who have this already, how are you finding the game so far? I'm not finished with it yet, so I'll reserve full judgement until I finish it. So far though, it's not quite living up to the hype for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the game and I think it's great, but I definitely rate Uncharted 2 higher than this. I think this game was over-hyped a bit.

ingmar1988
06-17-2013, 10:43 AM
the game was really overhyped, i mean its good. But uc2 is pretty much my favorite game ever.

Vikingo82
06-17-2013, 10:57 AM
the game was really overhyped, i mean its good. But uc2 is pretty much my favorite game ever.

Heavy Rain by this side...just expecting Beyond two souls...

Quantic Dreams are soooo amazing...

bravoguy
06-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Just Pre-ordered this today http://www.play-asia.com/The_Last_of_Us_Collectors_Edition/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-6bnn.html

Costs me US$ 350/- however it also comes with Limited Pre Order T-Shirts :D

Vlad
06-17-2013, 01:01 PM

Just got my PPE, 43 Pounds customs. (50.66 Euros / 67.60 USD)
Was something supposedly like ?23 of actual customs then a ?20 Royal Mail fee slapped on to that, it's fucking ridiculous that those fees are more than a third of the item and the postage paid to Gamestop.

Ugh, really put a dampener on it finally coming after being messed about by fraud prevention and then this ridiculously high charge.

vhal_x
06-17-2013, 01:13 PM
That's why I didn't order direct from Gamestop. Always ridiculous customs charges from them :( xx

ingmar1988
06-17-2013, 01:33 PM
yeah 47 euro charges for me. however, i think shipping cost would be really high if somebody else ships it for you.

Redmagster
06-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Mine was 38 Gbp but still think I'd have ended up paying more in total to ship to someone in the us then ship over :)

Rerder
06-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Mine was 38 Gbp but still think I'd have ended up paying more in total to ship to someone in the us then ship over :)

Exactly, and you still have a chance of getting screwed by customs anyway.

Just heard the news that mine PP also has arrived :)

Redmagster
06-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Exactly, and you still have a chance of getting screwed by customs anyway.

Just heard the news that mine PP also has arrived :)

Oh cool!!! You're right I've had stuff sent gifted, low value and they still slap a charge on.... Also more risk of opening..... :swoon:

vhal_x
06-17-2013, 01:43 PM
?45 ish to ship from the US. Better for me, as less chance of customs charges, plus I can wait till I have the cash to ship it, whereas if it shipped straightaway, I wouldn't have had the money to pay the customs fees straight away, so it'd probably end up being returned :haha: xx

Rerder
06-17-2013, 01:45 PM
Oh cool!!! You're right I've had stuff sent gifted, low value and they still slap a charge on.... Also more risk of opening..... :swoon:

Also we didn't pay customs in the USA. if you sent it to someone within the usa you also needed to pay those customs (14 dollars i thought). And gamestop had a great cheap shipping deal (30 dollars). no complaining from my side anyway. with my luck i would have payed double if i would let someone from the states send it to me.

Redmagster
06-17-2013, 01:45 PM
?45 ish to ship from the US. Better for me, as less chance of customs charges, plus I can wait till I have the cash to ship it, whereas if it shipped straightaway, I wouldn't have had the money to pay the customs fees straight away, so it'd probably end up being returned :haha: xx

You make a good point Vhal - writing a cheque for 60 odd quid this morning was no fun..... :suicide:

asiak75
06-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Yeah, that is the situation i was confronted today in the morning when the UPS guy was waiting for me to pay...I had to run to the ATM to get the cash...it's just stupid that they can not estimate roughly how much custom is charged...they really believe I can Sh** money on the spot...

Redmagster
06-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Yeah, that is the situation i was confronted today in the morning when the UPS guy was waiting for me to pay...I had to run to the ATM to get the cash...it's just stupid that they can not estimate roughly how much custom is charged...they really believe I can Sh** money on the spot...

Now that would be a hell of a useful talent in this collecting game!!! :beer:

Rerder
06-17-2013, 01:51 PM

You could have estimated it yourself:

Item + shipping was 180 dollar
tax here is 21% so (((1.21*180)-180)+ 20 for ups) = 58 U.S. dollars = 43.47 Euros

i paid 42 this morning :D

vhal_x
06-17-2013, 01:53 PM
You make a good point Vhal - writing a cheque for 60 odd quid this morning was no fun..... :suicide:

Yeah, when I received something not too long ago (think it was the Marvel Phase One CE) and had customs, I had to leave it in the PO for over a week till I could arrange the funds to pay the customs fees. If it is left for two weeks, they just send it back :/ So can't really risk that :rotf:

I don't have ?45 to spare right now anyway, so Xmo is holding onto my PPE for now. Hoping to have the funds soon, but will need to wait and see xx

asiak75
06-17-2013, 01:55 PM
I would have to crap more then once a day...and I believe it would not be enough to pay for all the sickening extra costs and CE purchased...
I've read about a tree growing DOLLARS...I might give it a go...anyone got lead?

Vlad
06-17-2013, 02:47 PM
however, i think shipping cost would be really high if somebody else ships it for you.

Yeah, that's why I just opted for straight from Gamestop in the end.
I knew I'd get screwed either way and figured that would be cheaper considering the weight.

On the other hand, when I look up eBay UK out of curiosity and see the PPE being listed for 300GBP and even just the figure for about 125GBP I realise they either ordering from GS or a group buy is a good deal.

Vikingo82
06-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Figure is very overpriced now with the hype...but it has been released worldwide...

So price will go down in less than a month...

flatout
06-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Anyone seen this? Anyone know what it is?

http://image.excite.co.jp/feed/news/Kotaku/Kotaku_201306_the_last_of_us_press_kit_2.jpg

EDIT:

Here it is:

http://www.excite.co.jp/News/game/20130614/Kotaku_201306_the_last_of_us_press_kit.html

flatout
06-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Translation of the website I found it as says it is a Press kit of some kind... I bet this one is far rarer then the other one.

Vikingo82
06-17-2013, 03:33 PM
For sure...

What there will be inside???

LyricalOne
06-17-2013, 03:35 PM
For sure...

What there will be inside???

Click on the link, you'll see :D

Translate the page if you can; it says something about a water bottle, first aid kit, a few other things

flatout
06-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Well there is a pic but I do not know what is in it:

http://image.excite.co.jp/feed/news/Kotaku/Kotaku_201306_the_last_of_us_press_kit_3.jpg

Also I can't tell if the translation is talking about just in the kit or in-game items as well or only:

"It is a lot of items in Mug for securing water Mug that is supposed to be made of stainless steel. Because it is the world that supplies were limited, such items will be very important. In addition to draw the water, I seem to be usable for applications "to suit the material items, make the item one" and it is a feature of the game. It is not possible to survive if you do not take advantage of the various items. Emergency goods a lot of First Aid Kit for the treatment of body injured in the fight against those infected with the fungus was also included. Is indispensable as a medical device "swab", I put in a location that is wounded, "plaster", used to signal with fellow "whistle", work in the dark, 4 become dizzy better enemy sometimes of "Flash Light" is in the point. T-shirt size L The last big T-shirt logo of "THE LAST OF US" is entered. I'm cool as usual, but this too will be an important material. Because the cloth so it was strong, it seems to be usable in first aid, such as the time of fracture. Logo comes in the all items You should be able to survive in the world of "The Last of Us" if there is these items! More, Release Date became impatient. ...... You want to enjoy the view of the world that soon. Toward the "I can not wait until Release Date ...... Tsu No", in fact there is good news. The CM premium that can not only see at this time! It Asahi 25:45 - 26:15 Saturday night June 15 at (5 channels), premium CM of "The Last of Us" is to be aired. It is a time of "Zu Summers is ? Zu Summers" just. And such as will video and the like scene of Japan for the first time. Published so that the broadcast of one-time, do not forget to check the one to be worried about."

Sand4fish
06-17-2013, 04:02 PM
For those who have this already, how are you finding the game so far? I'm not finished with it yet, so I'll reserve full judgement until I finish it. So far though, it's not quite living up to the hype for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the game and I think it's great, but I definitely rate Uncharted 2 higher than this. I think this game was over-hyped a bit.

I enjoyed TLOU more than the uncharted series tbh... I played uncharted 2 again after finishing TLOU to be sure, and I stand up for the hype.

I could elaborate more about it, but I wanna let everyone finishes the game and then we can all discuss :v:

MadMan5
06-18-2013, 03:34 AM
Just got my PPE, 43 Pounds customs. (50.66 Euros / 67.60 USD)
Was something supposedly like ?23 of actual customs then a ?20 Royal Mail fee slapped on to that, it's fucking ridiculous that those fees are more than a third of the item and the postage paid to Gamestop.

Ugh, really put a dampener on it finally coming after being messed about by fraud prevention and then this ridiculously high charge.
When did the customs start with this charge? All up geezer how much was the damage in the end.

Vlad
06-18-2013, 03:59 AM
When did the customs start with this charge? All up geezer how much was the damage in the end.

Not too sure what you mean by about when the customs started, maybe you mean even being charged which is because I ordered from Gamestop directly and they legally can't mark it as a gift but in total for the PPE, shipping to UK and then customs it was about 160GBP which seeing it as a total is ridiculous for one game.

Think that's the most I've spent on one edition before, won't be doing it again any time soon, heh.

Saying all that right enough, seeing the figure in person I do really like it and I don't think any pictures so far quite do the scale or the little details like the eyes or gas mask lenses justice.

MadMan5
06-18-2013, 05:46 AM
Not too sure what you mean by about when the customs started, maybe you mean even being charged which is because I ordered from Gamestop directly and they legally can't mark it as a gift but in total for the PPE, shipping to UK and then customs it was about 160GBP which seeing it as a total is ridiculous for one game.

Think that's the most I've spent on one edition before, won't be doing it again any time soon, heh.

Saying all that right enough, seeing the figure in person I do really like it and I don't think any pictures so far quite do the scale or the little details like the eyes or gas mask lenses justice.
Just the customs bit has me lost, UK charge or US charge, Or custom fee on top for posting at the time of ordering from GameStop then this ''20 Royal Mail fee'' and ''23 of actual customs'' is what i'm look in to understand. Left UK 13 years ago that is why I ask when did they start with customs fee as it sounds like UK customs charge on top.

So what you say all up $251.00 US or $264.00 AUS would of cost me $220 AUS all up less if I could of paid when coin rate at time of ordering.

From having a look on eBAY not to many to be had might be wrong. The price won't mean much in a year from now as there will be many who would of loved to have a copy in there collection enjoy your PPE Vlad you just became a part of gaming history.

Vlad
06-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Just the customs bit has me lost,

Ah, I think I see.
It's a UK charge that's been slapped on when it was imported and I had to pay it when it arrived at my door separate to the GS charge.

When I say "actual customs" I'm meaning the import charges like the VAT which ended up being 23GBP which isn't awful and as far as I know only applies when receiving an item from outside of the EU but for the Royail Mail charge, I'm actually not entirely sure what it's all about besides what seems to be a fee for making them handle the package and I don't know why it's so high.

I was looking it up and a few years back folk were talking about how it was an 8GBP charge put on to their imports (funnily enough calling it a con even at that) and then that seems to have increased to a 15GBP charge over time and now it looks like they've went even further up to 20GBP.

As for what you would have paid I don't know how the Australia customs charges are which might have ended up making it roughly the same as me but talking just about the cost of the item from GS that seems about right since in total with the international shipping it was 185USD.

Thanks very much though, I didn't expect it to be going for so high now especially considering you can/could buy the figure separately.

comaamen86
06-18-2013, 10:30 PM
just done an hour of mp

sooooooooooooo much fun actually got a lot of kills one round

Mike1888
06-18-2013, 10:39 PM
just done an hour of mp

sooooooooooooo much fun actually got a lot of kills one round

Yeah. The MP is a pleasant surprise, so addicting.

So pissed though, my clan died in the last week. :banghead:

comaamen86
06-18-2013, 10:48 PM
Yeah. The MP is a pleasant surprise, so addicting.

So pissed though, my clan died in the last week. :banghead:

early days for me people but love the slow pace guns blazing just does not win nice change

Redmagster
06-18-2013, 10:49 PM
I decided killing and running isn't the only solutions so last night I hung around a bit and made friends with a few clickers... Was amazed...

Turns out they're funghis to be with...

MadMan5
06-19-2013, 07:24 AM
Ah, I think I see.
It's a UK charge that's been slapped on when it was imported and I had to pay it when it arrived at my door separate to the GS charge.

When I say "actual customs" I'm meaning the import charges like the VAT which ended up being 23GBP which isn't awful and as far as I know only applies when receiving an item from outside of the EU but for the Royail Mail charge, I'm actually not entirely sure what it's all about besides what seems to be a fee for making them handle the package and I don't know why it's so high.

I was looking it up and a few years back folk were talking about how it was an 8GBP charge put on to their imports (funnily enough calling it a con even at that) and then that seems to have increased to a 15GBP charge over time and now it looks like they've went even further up to 20GBP.

As for what you would have paid I don't know how the Australia customs charges are which might have ended up making it roughly the same as me but talking just about the cost of the item from GS that seems about right since in total with the international shipping it was 185USD.

Thanks very much though, I didn't expect it to be going for so high now especially considering you can/could buy the figure separately.
Man the UK has changed a lot since I left, sounds like you will be getting charge to walk on the pavement next. Something wrong with it to me if I had bought the PPE for you and sent it would you still have to pay the press gang postman his coin? I got The Last of Us Survival Edition from GameStop was sent by UPS sent Friday turned up Monday UPS that was quick to just had to scratch me name all good. UPS maybe the default post for them to Australia first time I bought from GameStop. This game is addictive.

Matt16
06-19-2013, 11:40 PM
I haven't tried this multi player lark yet, might have to have a dabble :think:

Redmagster
06-19-2013, 11:57 PM
I haven't tried this multi player lark yet, might have to have a dabble :think:

I am thinking the same....

comaamen86
06-21-2013, 07:55 AM
I am thinking the same....

you dangle this carrot of fun but i know you will upset the donkey and keep the carrot i will be playing last of us mp later

GIVE ME THE CARROT!!!!

xpl0sive
06-21-2013, 02:30 PM
I've just finished the game, and I'm gonna be the first to say that this game is a little overrated, IMO. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but I think it was over-hyped a bit, and didn't quite live up to the hype for me. I think a lot of people are getting caught in the hype.

My main gripes with the game was that I felt it dragged a little at certain points, and actually felt boring at times. As a story, this was amazing, loved the character development, the acting, soundtrack, etc... but as a game, it was a little bit boring and lackluster at certain points. I personally think this story would've been better suited to a movie rather than a game.

Overall, I still loved the game, it was an amazing experience, but I still rate Uncharted 2 higher than this, which I think is Naughty Dog's best work to date. When I finished that, I had an overwhelming desire to play the game again and did not find it boring or tedious at all, but with TLOU, I just don't feel any desire right now to go through it all again.

comaamen86
06-21-2013, 02:44 PM
I've just finished the game, and I'm gonna be the first to say that this game is a little overrated, IMO. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but I think it was over-hyped a bit, and didn't quite live up to the hype for me. I think a lot of people are getting caught in the hype.

My main gripes with the game was that I felt it dragged a little at certain points, and actually felt boring at times. As a story, this was amazing, loved the character development, the acting, soundtrack, etc... but as a game, it was a little bit boring and lackluster at certain points. I personally think this story would've been better suited to a movie rather than a game.

Overall, I still loved the game, it was an amazing experience, but I still rate Uncharted 2 higher than this, which I think is Naughty Dog's best work to date. When I finished that, I had an overwhelming desire to play the game again and did not find it boring or tedious at all, but with TLOU, I just don't feel any desire right now to go through it all again.

:lies::ban::lmao:

comaamen86
06-21-2013, 10:29 PM
last of us

i was gonna have an hour on mp but have stopped after one match

highest scorer

9 downs 10 executions 3 deaths 2 revives

i finished the match 2 of them just me standing snuck behind em they were grouped together unloaded 8 bullets in to them and our team won

what a fluke i play no more today i just want to savoir this moment

LyricalOne
06-21-2013, 10:57 PM
last of us

i was gonna have an hour on mp but have stopped after one match

highest scorer

9 downs 10 executions 3 deaths 2 revives

i finished the match 2 of them just me standing snuck behind em they were grouped together unloaded 8 bullets in to them and our team won

what a fluke i play no more today i just want to savoir this moment

LOL wow that sounds like an epic moment.

I just started playing TLoU today (finally)
Wow..just wow.
I teared up first 10 mins and so far it just has been fun all around.
I never was much of a sneaky tactics person (not even AC got me to do that, unless I had to) but this I actually find very enjoying lol.

Redmagster
06-21-2013, 11:22 PM

Wow..just wow.
I never was much of a sneaky tactics person (not even AC got me to do that, unless I had to) but this I actually find very enjoying lol.

You're going to have to get a little sneaky in this one.....

Need to get back on the game... This evening walked a 10km walk with my son (8) for a local hospice

CheapAssassin
06-22-2013, 12:04 AM

Wow..just wow.

Lol ur really fast jorge. :p im gonna jinx u

xpl0sive
06-22-2013, 12:26 AM
:lies::ban::lmao:

haha, I knew I'd get some reactions like this. Look I like the game, it is good, I just don't think it is THAT good. It definitely could've been better. The way people have been going on about it it's as if it's the greatest video game ever made, but it really isn't. I think people are just caught up in the hype, and once the hype dies down I think some peoples' opinions might change.

This feels like MGS4 all over again. When it came out, people were going on about it like it was the best thing since sliced bread, me included, but after the hype died down, and people revisited the game again and really took it all in, people thought, 'hey, you know what, this game really isn't as good as I thought it was'.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I still think it's an amazing game, just not quite as good as it has been made out to be.

CheapAssassin
06-22-2013, 01:35 AM
How do one define greatest game? Each individual has their own taste.

Wont call it the greatest game ever made, but definitely one of the best in my opinion. It's been five days after I finished the game, and the story of this game still occupies my mind. The story taps into our emotions and definitely make players relate to the characters in the story.

Gameplay is just ok, nothing ground breaking.

LyricalOne
06-22-2013, 05:04 AM
You're going to have to get a little sneaky in this one.....

Need to get back on the game... This evening walked a 10km walk with my son (8) for a local hospice

Haha a little?
More like a lot.

I stopped myself once and though
how about we give the bad-ass way a try? :spiteful:

Yeah stupid idea. Not worth it lol.

No lie, this is easily becoming one of my favorite games, and not only because it almost made me cry in the first 10 mins.
The story is just so catching, I don't want to let it stop.

Well I made it to about 32%
Good progress for a few hours.

Lol ur really fast jorge. :p im gonna jinx u
What do you mean? lol So fast?

No don't jinx, I have died once too many already lol

CheapAssassin
06-22-2013, 05:38 AM
Lol. I found myself sneaked past most of the undead than shooting them. They would just overwhelm u or killed by clicker with one bite.

What difficulty r you playing lyrical? And why only started playing after the game was released about a week ago?

LyricalOne
06-22-2013, 05:41 AM
Lol. I found myself sneaked past most of the undead than shooting them. They would just overwhelm u or killed by clicker with one bite.

What difficulty r you playing lyrical? And why only started playing after the game was released about a week ago?

Oh haha, yeah I rarely fight. Only If I have to, or if I mess up lol.
I started on easy and medium.

Oh well I got my wednesday, and I have been crazy busy at work, so I've been pretty tired when I get home.
Just enough time to watch anime before I pass out lol.

But the game is just amazing.

xpl0sive
06-22-2013, 09:09 AM
How do one define greatest game? Each individual has their own taste.

Wont call it the greatest game ever made, but definitely one of the best in my opinion. It's been five days after I finished the game, and the story of this game still occupies my mind. The story taps into our emotions and definitely make players relate to the characters in the story.

Gameplay is just ok, nothing ground breaking.

Hence why I said in my original post, as a story it's amazing, but as a game it's nothing special. The story is great and I'd love to see it made into a movie.

flatout
06-22-2013, 04:00 PM
Hence why I said in my original post, as a story it's amazing, but as a game it's nothing special. The story is great and I'd love to see it made into a movie.

Sounds like I thought.

If people were honest with themselves they would know this is excatly what Uncharted is too.

Great cinematic ride with some "meh" gameplay mechanics.

The mechanics are not crappy, just not unique or anything.

I bet TLOU is the same but just even better on the cinematic story side (which is best side of their games).

xpl0sive
06-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Sounds like I thought.

If people were honest with themselves they would know this is excatly what Uncharted is too.

Great cinematic ride with some "meh" gameplay mechanics.

The mechanics are not crappy, just not unique or anything.

I bet TLOU is the same but just even better on the cinematic story side (which is best side of their games).

The thing with Uncharted though was that it was very fun to play. I've replayed all 3 of them more than once and thoroughly enjoyed every moment. Really enjoyed all the set pieces too.

TLOU isn't really as fun as Uncharted to play, and it's actually a little bit boring at times. I don't really have any desire at this point to revisit the game, not any time soon anyway. It's also not better on the cinematic story side than Uncharted (IMO anyway). It's close, and definitely up there, but not better.

NaughtyDogJames
06-22-2013, 04:43 PM
The gameplay isn't meant to be fun. It's meant to be frantic, tactical and nervy. Which it succeeds as. In my eyes it's the best game Naughty Dog, and by extension anyone, have made. Amazing story, gameplay, graphics and even amazing sound and pacing.

flatout
06-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Yeah I can't wait to play it... I really can't say this with certainty but I seriously doubt "best game anyone has ever made" though. Best game is subjective,, truly an impossible feat to reach becasue it differs from person to person.

Any someone with devs name in the user name is going to be a "little" biased... not that you are wrong, tons of people agree with you. At least right now.

I thought Infinite was going to be GOTY until I sat back and thought about it more... still an awesome game worthy of praise but not as good as everyone (myself included) said during hype times.

I truly hope we do not see all or most games float away from gameplay to cinematic experiences more and more. I want some games to still excel at mechanics (Not really talking about TLOU here.... jut in general, plus I have not played the whole game yet, just the demo).

rasmusvn
06-22-2013, 04:54 PM
The word "Fun"... oh man...

Well-made and satisfying though it may be, The Last of Us is emphatically not a "fun" game. It is, in fact, a fine example of just how useless that descriptor has become. The Last of Us is a brutally violent, often horrifying, emotionally exhausting piece of work. It may not have the over-the-top gore of other more cartoonish video games, but its violence has a core of savagery that can be deeply chilling.

Boring...

One particularly memorable bit sees Ellie, Joel and two other companions wandering through houses outside of Pittsburgh, slowly getting to know one another while scrounging for supplies. The game goes on for about fifteen minutes with nary a zombie or bandit in sight. What's remarkable isn't just that this segment exists, but that it's far from unique?in fact, that sort of thing happens regularly over the course of the game. That these sections almost feel like a waste?all those art assets and lovely levels, with no one to shoot!?says as much about Naughty Dog's restraint as it does about video gaming's general lack thereof.
http://kotaku.com/the-last-of-us-the-kotaku-review-511292998

I like Uncharted, but I always found the game to be a little light-hearted, and that's ok, it's a different experience. The gameplay mechanics were a little loose for my taste. I like the mechanics in TLoU better.

In regards to Infinite, I guess I'd say the gameplay mechanics in TLoU convey the feel of the game better than it was the case with Infinite.

Mike1888
06-22-2013, 05:20 PM
The gameplay isn't meant to be fun. It's meant to be frantic, tactical and nervy. Which it succeeds as. In my eyes it's the best game Naughty Dog, and by extension anyone, have made. Amazing story, gameplay, graphics and even amazing sound and pacing.

Agreed, minus the best game anyone has ever made.

The gameplay was excellent imo. It works really well with the story, the level design is fantastic, and the unpredictable AI make it a lot more than a stealth game. I think it was actually quite fun at times too, especially when picking up things like the axe and machete. But overall, yeah the game obviously isn't supposed to be fun like Uncharted.

To say its nothing special as a game and should just be a movie is silly to me. The reviews its getting are well deserved. I would say its on par with Uncharted 2.

NaughtyDogJames
06-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Agreed, minus the best game anyone has ever made.

The gameplay was excellent imo. It works really well with the story, the level design is fantastic, and the unpredictable AI make it a lot more than a stealth game. I think it was actually quite fun at times too, especially when picking up things like the axe and machete. But overall, yeah the game obviously isn't supposed to be fun like Uncharted.

To say its nothing special as a game and should just be a movie is silly to me. The reviews its getting are well deserved. I would say its on par with Uncharted 2.

Obviously the first statement was my opinion. Out of interest what's your favourite gme?

NaughtyDogJames
06-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Favorite is different from what you think the best game made is.

I know you were not asking me... but...

My favorite is still Darksiders... far form the best game, but I just love almost everything about it.

Well you can't objectively say the best game so then it comes down to favourite imo. I honestly think The Last of Us is both my favourite and the best game ever. I can't think of anything better.

flatout
06-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Well you can't objectively say the best game so then it comes down to favourite imo. I honestly think The Last of Us is both my favourite and the best game ever. I can't think of anything better.

I might say best in it's genre... easy.

But for a person who likes other style games like RPGs... ect... ect...

I can't wait tom play it in it's eternity, then I will be able to say where I personally think it sits for me.

LyricalOne
06-22-2013, 07:41 PM
Just wondering since everyone is stating best game ever..to what standards is everyone going by?

Just review scores?
If so, then apparently there might be many "Best Games Ever"

If you are a developer, you are probably going to look at the programming/control schemes/functionality..etc aspect of the game and decide based on that.

If you are an artist/graphics guy then you are probably going to focus on the art.

BEST GAME EVER is too broad of a description.

Favorite game may fit better, but then that's completely 100% subjective.

My favorite game ever is Vanquish; although if you base you "best game ever" factor on length, then even a single player COD campaign may be better than Vanquish.

LyricalOne
06-22-2013, 07:42 PM
NEVERTHELESS BEFORE I GET ATTACKED/FLAMED

TLoU IS STILL ONE OF THE BETTER GAMES AS FAR AS SURVIVAL/TACTICAL STUFF GOES.
STORY WISE/PATHOS (EMOTIONS) IT IS THROUGH THE ROOF!

I CAN'T GET ENOUGH

Johnny
06-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Im 6 hours into the and it's been a great ride thus far.
Story is amazing, well written and great acting, on the other hand the game is a bit slow paced at times, it's not a bad thing, but i find it akward that 90% of the time i can't run.
Problaly one of the best games this generation as story goes, not so sure about gameplay, i still think Uncharted 2 is the best thing naughtydog made but it's a little bit subjective, and i have to finish the game but yeah that's what i think so far.

NaughtyDogJames
06-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Just wondering since everyone is stating best game ever..to what standards is everyone going by?

Just review scores?
If so, then apparently there might be many "Best Games Ever"

If you are a developer, you are probably going to look at the programming/control schemes/functionality..etc aspect of the game and decide based on that.

If you are an artist/graphics guy then you are probably going to focus on the art.

BEST GAME EVER is too broad of a description.

Favorite game may fit better, but then that's completely 100% subjective.

My favorite game ever is Vanquish; although if you base you "best game ever" factor on length, then even a single player COD campaign may be better than Vanquish.
I was going by a combination of story, graphics, gameplay and length.

flatout
06-22-2013, 08:10 PM
I agree, although even "Best Game Ever" is totally subjective too.

Even if you tried to make very specific guidelines of judging people are opinionated so it would still vary from person to person.

I love cool stories and if the gameplay is good enough to make me not think of it then I am happy.

I hate over complex control schemes (which is why I love Darksiders controls) and from what i have seen and heard TLOU has a really good/easy control scheme (streamlined).

I was going by a combination of story, graphics, gameplay and length.

Does each category weigh out equally? How are they averaged and on what scale? Do they have subcategories... do you start from the top and work down or from the bottom (or maybe the middle)?

I don't want to know, just making a point.

NaughtyDogJames
06-22-2013, 09:12 PM
I agree, although even "Best Game Ever" is totally subjective too.

Even if you tried to make very specific guidelines of judging people are opinionated so it would still vary from person to person.

I love cool stories and if the gameplay is good enough to make me not think of it then I am happy.

I hate over complex control schemes (which is why I love Darksiders controls) and from what i have seen and heard TLOU has a really good/easy control scheme (streamlined).

Does each category weigh out equally? How are they averaged and on what scale? Do they have subcategories... do you start from the top and work down or from the bottom (or maybe the middle)?

I don't want to know, just making a point.
I know what you mean but it's just so good I can't think of anything nearly as good.

xpl0sive
06-23-2013, 12:45 PM

Oh I totally get that. I guess I was using the wrong word. 'Enjoyable' might be a more suitable word. Uncharted 2 was enjoyable from start to finish for me. There was no boring bits. As good as TLOU is, and while I still enjoyed the game a lot for the most part, there were times where it felt a little tedious and slow, certain bits felt forced, like I really did not want to do them and just wanted to move on with the story, and the pacing was a little slow at times (unnecessarily slow). It was the story in this game that kept me glued to my controller. I couldn't wait to see what would happen next, so I just kept playing and playing. Not many games do this for me.

I really think people took my post the wrong way. I'm not taking away anything from this game, it really is an amazing game and definitely up there as one of my favourites as I really love story-driven games, I just think it falls short in a few areas, that's all, and for me personally, I just don't think it quite lived up to the hype. It's not a perfect game.

'Best game ever made' is subjective, I agree, and if that is your opinion then I respect that, but for me personally I don't think this is the best game ever made. Probably comes close, but not quite there. I still think a lot of people are caught up in the hype and think this is the best game ever made because everyone else does, and because critics have raved on about it and gave it a 10. I honestly think if there was no hype for this game and it got average review scores, and if Naughty Dog wasn't attached to the title, peoples' opinions might be slightly different. I'll probably get flamed for saying that, but oh well, lol.

I'm assuming this was directed at me. I think you took my post the wrong way. I never said this game wasn't anything special. I appreciate the game for what it is, it's videogame art, and it's beautifully made, but I do think it is a little overhyped and I stand by that statement. When I said it would be better suited to a movie, I said that because I think as a story it is fantastic, but as a game it falls short in a few areas (for me, personally).

Overall, I'd probably rate the game a 9, but definitely not a 10.

flatout
06-24-2013, 05:06 PM
Just started the game and it is pulling story and atmosphere off perfectly right off the bat.

I still am not a big fan of the gameplay but I am sure it will be one hell of a ride.

bravoguy
06-25-2013, 08:36 AM
Just Pre-ordered this today http://www.play-asia.com/The_Last_of_Us_Collectors_Edition/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-6bnn.html

Costs me US$ 350/- however it also comes with Limited Pre Order T-Shirts :D

Custom has screwed me by imposing US $ 140/- approx. on net value been declared by Play-asia.com for US $ 239.39 :(

Now this edition costs me something US $ 490/- around.........

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead:

flatout
06-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Just noticed something in The Last of Us that has to be the coolest little detail in a game so far.

The flashlight's light. Anyone notice it? How the beam's center is twisted light and hollow and changes as you move closer or further away like a real mag light would?

Pretty neat little detail, most games just use light with no detail... or not enough detail to notice. Pretty neat.

That is Naughty Dogs trademarks though, graphically amazing on every tiny detail.

Vikingo82
06-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Anybody knows where is this CE from???

Has an Ellie Edition too???

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMlgxNjAw/z/HDcAAOxyMxpRxIo0/$(KGrHqJHJFMFG)LnodcYBR)Ioz3QYw~~60_12.JPG

DoctorX
06-25-2013, 07:29 PM
It is digipack included in Joel Edition.

Vikingo82
06-25-2013, 07:34 PM
It is digipack included in Joel Edition.

Thanks Doctor!! Got mine editions sealed, so I didn't knew it looked like this on the inside.

:thumb:

flatout
06-26-2013, 08:43 AM
Okay well I am not sure with this gameplay how is is the best game of this gen.

Story and atmosphere wise it is great, but the controls feel... well, clumsy like Drakes.

The only other thing so far that bothers me, and it is a small gripe bu when such detail is taken everywhere else, is the animation of picking things up. It looks just plain awful. Looks like he broke something and is trying to sweep up the pieces with his hands.

Anyways... the game is not really made for gameplay mechanics... neither is Uncharted really.

But I will say the gathering aspect of this game is really enjoyable, shiving a door to get the loot behind it is satisfying. Although with most games with this mechanic I find I am always leaving items behind becasue I am full on everything. I search EVERYWHERE in games where you collect you items.

To be honest I hope after Infinite, Dishonored, and games with too many items lying around this one would be very scarce... but it not as scarce as it should be.

NaughtyDogJames
06-26-2013, 08:47 AM
If you think there aretoo many items turn up the difficulty. That or there's a fight coming.

What do you mean by clumsy? Which parts and how?

flatout
06-26-2013, 08:57 AM
If you think there aretoo many items turn up the difficulty. That or there's a fight coming.

What do you mean by clumsy? Which parts and how?

Does the difficulty only deal with items or is it the enemies as well? I don't want them stronger.. lol.

You don't think the way Nathan Drake and Joel stumble around all gawky when you try and cut from one direction to another is clumsy-ish? Or when you are walking nest to a wall and it takes way to long to turn (before you say it I know there is a quick turnaround option for running and combat... just say normally). Or when you are meleeing and you he keeps swinging in the direction of the damn infected you already killed even though you are holding in the direction of the other one.

Also I have never been fond of the shooting style ND uses. But again this is really not what the game is for, the mechanics are the part of the on rail vehicle driving the linear story (which so far is a great one).

Just saying IMO the third person mechanics they use have always felt clumsy to me and they are basically the same as Uncharted.

I assume they feel great to you, and that is fine... to each his own style.

Redmagster
06-26-2013, 10:21 AM
Okay well I am not sure with this gameplay how is is the best game of this gen.

Story and atmosphere wise it is great, but the controls feel... well, clumsy like Drakes.

The only other thing so far that bothers me, and it is a small gripe bu when such detail is taken everywhere else, is the animation of picking things up. It looks just plain awful. Looks like he broke something and is trying to sweep up the pieces with his hands.

Anyways... the game is not really made for gameplay mechanics... neither is Uncharted really.

But I will say the gathering aspect of this game is really enjoyable, shiving a door to get the loot behind it is satisfying. Although with most games with this mechanic I find I am always leaving items behind becasue I am full on everything. I search EVERYWHERE in games where you collect you items.

To be honest I hope after Infinite, Dishonored, and games with too many items lying around this one would be very scarce... but it not as scarce as it should be.

Ha ha at last I have found someone like me!! :banana:

I really annoy my other half - we play games together a lot which is great fun (and good for a relationship!!) but we have different styles... he wants to pile headlong through a game but ends up unprepared for stuff whereas I scout around everywhere picking up all I can..

Think it's a habit I got into in the early days of Tomb Raider looking for all the hidden collectibles and likewise with Assassins Creed but its def useful in this game!! :)

Glad someone else is just as obsessive... :beer:

Mike1888
06-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Good video about the last of us.

xKzVwbs-lsg

mosavon
06-28-2013, 02:19 PM
No posting items for sale in forums other than the marketplace forums

Thanks.

evilvort3x
06-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Excellent Game absolutely loved it. Just finished it on HARD. need to go back through on Survivor then survivor new game + ...

Vikingo82
06-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Excellent Game absolutely loved it. Just finished it on HARD. need to go back through on Survivor then survivor new game + ...

You're quite masochist, uh?? :D

Survivor must be totally insane...

Mike1888
06-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Yeah I'm doing my second playthrough (I beat it on normal, no trophies popped. There seems to be a lot of glitched trophies on the game) now that I got all the online trophies. Going for the platinum - its going to be brutal.

comaamen86
06-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Yeah I'm doing my second playthrough (I beat it on normal, no trophies popped. There seems to be a lot of glitched trophies on the game) now that I got all the online trophies. Going for the platinum - its going to be brutal.

i thought you played it a lot, when do you sleep?

Mike1888
06-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Haha yes I have been pretty hooked on the multiplayer. I should add though that I often forget to turn off my ps3. So that should explain to you why I'm never offline. :P

Over at GB we're trying to get the last of us ladder active so I will post the link here.

http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/ps3/the-last-of-us/

comaamen86
06-28-2013, 08:16 PM
its half the reason i have not done sp yet when i load it up i think ill have one go on mp and end up on it for 2 hours

Mike1888
06-28-2013, 08:21 PM
As good as the online is, the single player is one of the best I've ever played. So I'd recommend really trying to put the MP aside until you finish the campaign. You won't regret it, the hole winter and fall sections (second half of the game) are incredible.