PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Letrico
02-04-2014, 04:33 AM
I'm like 90%+ for the story mode. 98/100 stuff done. Somehow the hunting sea animals one is not completed and I don't know why. And I can't do 100% sync cos of all those "avoid conflict" requirements. I prefer to rush into battle and kill everything :beach:

I only have the Great White Shark left for sea hunting. Other than that are just animals I need access to the southern seas. I like the avoid conflict requirements heh. Master Assasinooooo.

LeX
02-04-2014, 05:47 AM
I just finished the game, but not %100. I will replay it again when I have most of the collectibles. finished all the contract (Assassin/naval) and I'm enjoying the Pistol sword :ghey:
I also hate those single treasure in a small Island. I need to jump off and swim just for that. and I going to prioritize those hidden treasures to get the elite plan for Jackdaw. I want to battle the legendary ships. I tried to engage one ship once and I got rimmed. anyone tried and sink any legendary ship?

Considering I liked blackbeard's character the most after James kidd. Vane and the other pirate is annoying to be honest
Before I play AC4, I read some article and history about blackbeard and he was fearsome and epic, especially in the battle. but in the game I'm a bit disappointed :( I don't know why, maybe because he died too early. so I miss his appearance.

Letrico
02-04-2014, 05:58 AM
Argh spoiler LeX. Didn't know he died. Oh well. :(

LeX
02-04-2014, 06:19 AM
What?! I'm very sorry.
I'm actually going to put spoiler on my previous post. but thought that everyone knows it already since game was like months old. I actually knew what will happen to him before I play the game. I also accidentally read it from the net :p sorry mate ;

Platfus
02-04-2014, 06:29 AM
AC has always been easier just by running in and killing everything. avoiding conflict is annoying

Because I will want platinum I will have to do it 100% with all objectives. :( But I will try to do it in first run with no replaying cuz I'm lazy to navigate through the menu :P Yet to purchase the game though

Letrico
02-04-2014, 06:32 AM
haha it's alright. It's not as big spoiler as Desmond dying in AC3. Remember someone leaked full gameplay of AC3 to youtube before AC3 release? I accidentally read a comment on facebook and it ruined me :(

Anyway I like AC4 way more than AC3. AC3 felt like a chore but AC4 make me want to do things. I see a boat coming, spyglass, METAL, raid em and send to my fleet for gem. I won't even let little schooner out of my mortar radar. So much fun.

LeX
02-04-2014, 06:43 AM
Yeah, me too, AC4 is way much fun to play than AC3. there are lots to do.
collecting treasures and collectibles, Contracts, hunting animals, hunting sea creatures, diving the sea for more treasures, roaming the Caribbean sea for metals/wood and other resources.

I like searching for those hidden treasure with your maps. sometimes the coordinates given is wrong, you need to rely on the drawings and be sharp with your surrounding. :)

Letrico
02-04-2014, 06:50 AM
Lol yeah those treasure maps. One thing I missed is that health is now made by crafting and now from getting equipment. I missed having max health with the final armor / secret armor.

LeX
02-04-2014, 06:54 AM
I hate crafting.
like, I need two of those HUGE size whale just to make one pistol holster :facepalm:

SwiftDeath
02-04-2014, 06:56 AM
I hate crafting.
like, I need two of those HUGE size whale just to make one pistol holster :facepalm:

Just buy them at the weapon store

Also you can make the next pistol holster after that first

I.E. you can make pistol holster III before pistol holster II

Platfus
02-04-2014, 06:56 AM
I hate crafting.

I hated crafting in AC3, I hope it's not the same in AC4

Letrico
02-04-2014, 07:00 AM
What? You can buy materials? Bloody hell I've been hunting them only!

LeX
02-04-2014, 07:08 AM
Just buy them at the weapon store

Also you can make the next pistol holster after that first

I.E. you can make pistol holster III before pistol holster II

Yup, I made the III holster then the II. I found the crocs first.

What? You can buy materials? Bloody hell I've been hunting them only!
Yup you can buy them buy its a bit expensive, so I rather hunt them than buy it.

Letrico
02-04-2014, 07:10 AM
But I have too much monies. I'll see if I can craft everything especially those weird red howler monkey stuff

LeX
02-04-2014, 07:14 AM
Oh right, I noticed that I can buy the requirements when I was poor, like R 1000 is a fortune for me already :D :D
still not yet done hunting animals and I think I never encounter any red or whatever color monkey

SwiftDeath
02-04-2014, 07:22 AM
So funny enough I decided to fight the legendary ships with about half of the elite upgrades done. I want to start with the easiest ship so I go to the one in the NW quadrant which since it's the beginning area I assume to be the easiest

NOPE. I get wrecked by that ship think it's the easiest and give up on the legendary ships for awhile. Turns out that was by far the hardest ship :facepalm:

So beat the two easiest encounters without any trouble and going to try the third again soon

Letrico
02-04-2014, 07:22 AM
I got a white jaguar once when I was roaming some map. I totally had no idea and I saw this jaguar attacking me and ran then I chase it and give it a good old asssinate. Turns out to be a white jaguar when I skin it.

SwiftDeath
02-04-2014, 07:26 AM
I got a white jaguar once when I was roaming some map. I totally had no idea and I saw this jaguar attacking me and ran then I chase it and give it a good old asssinate. Turns out to be a white jaguar when I skin it.

One of the Templar hunt missions nets you a white jaguar skin too. You only need the one for crafting anyways

LeX
02-04-2014, 07:32 AM
So funny enough I decided to fight the legendary ships with about half of the elite upgrades done. I want to start with the easiest ship so I go to the one in the NW quadrant which since it's the beginning area I assume to be the easiest

NOPE. I get wrecked by that ship think it's the easiest and give up on the legendary ships for awhile. Turns out that was by far the hardest ship :facepalm:

So beat the two easiest encounters without any trouble and going to try the third again soon

Which is the easiest legendary ship? I tried one. and even I hit them with mortals and heavy shots, it makes no dent.
anyone sink a legendary ships????

SwiftDeath
02-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Which is the easiest legendary ship? I tried one. and even I hit them with mortals and heavy shots, it makes no dent.

Easiest is SE followed by SW then NE followed by NW

SW ship is immune from attacks on its sides

I've sunk SE and SW so far

LeX
02-04-2014, 09:11 AM
I see. so this Legendary ships has some immunity armor or whatever.. seems some strategy is needed ;)

Lemur
02-04-2014, 02:03 PM

I've sunk all of them :D

But then again I only went after them after getting full upgrades. I tried it once before full upgrades and I got massacred. I find a good strat is to stay behind them then bang hard with mortar/broadside combos. With full upgrades you can afford to take a few hits if you mess up the flanking.

Too bad we can't board them and add them to the fleet :sorry:

Lemur
02-04-2014, 02:09 PM
Oh right, I noticed that I can buy the requirements when I was poor, like R 1000 is a fortune for me already :D :D
still not yet done hunting animals and I think I never encounter any red or whatever color monkey

Play the kenway's fleet minigame and you never have to worry about money ever again :beer:

Easiest is SE followed by SW then NE followed by NW

SW ship is immune from attacks on its sides

I've sunk SE and SW so far

I can't remember which is which but the hardest for me were the 2 ships and the one whose mortars have no indicators. Had to try a few times to beat those even with full upgrades. :blackeye:

LeX
02-04-2014, 02:15 PM
Cool.
quick question. I'm only playing offline mode. so I've got no access to that kenway fleet. I believe you need internet connection for that feature, now will I be able to fully upgrades my jackdaw without playing that kenway fleet? I mean, my Hidden treasure maps is not complete yet, I don't have 3 maps I think, and could be acquire through kenways fleet? maybe.. errrg not sure if I explained myself clear. sorry :D

LeX
02-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Play the kenway's fleet minigame and you never have to worry about money ever again :beer:

now that you mentioned. I never tried kenways fleet, I have poor internet connection here and I believe you need it to play right?? I never actually know how this features works.

Lemur
02-04-2014, 02:38 PM
now that you mentioned. I never tried kenways fleet, I have poor internet connection here and I believe you need it to play right?? I never actually know how this features works.

Yeah you need internet for that. Basically when you board a ship in the game you have an option "send to kenway's fleet" which adds that ship to your fleet. You can have max of 15 ships if I remember correctly.

Every ship has an attack/speed/capacity. You clear the shipping lines (attack power is the main factor, speed to a certain extent) in a retarded looking mini battle and then send your ships on missions (capacity is the main factor here). After the time indicated, the mission is completed and you get the reward. Easy money once you have a decent fleet.

The best ships to capture are the pirate hunters cos they are the highest level of their kind. For some missions they require a large capacity which only the highest level man o' war have so best to capture as many of them as possible.

Another bonus is that the pirate hunter ships have much nicer names. I spent a few hours finding ships with nice names like Devastator :D

LeX
02-04-2014, 02:45 PM
I want to try this feature. damn connection here worst that dial up :wtf:
I forgot to try this when I was at home. never expect that the kenway fleet is accessible when online only. I didn't pay attention to it.

Lemur
02-04-2014, 03:01 PM
I want to try this feature. damn connection here worst that dial up :wtf:
I forgot to try this when I was at home. never expect that the kenway fleet is accessible when online only. I didn't pay attention to it.

Overall it's just good for getting a lot of money. Some jackdaw parts are also obtained from the missions but those aren't important. Can't remember if you can find treasure maps from missions tho.

The most crappy part of the game was the diving sites. Should have allowed me to bring a spear or some weapon to kill those stupid sharks and eels. I don't see why a fearsome pirate can't fight underwater :1:

LeX
02-04-2014, 03:41 PM
"Aren't Important"?? so no upgrade can be obtained? meaning I can fully upgrade my jackdaw without playing that kenways fleet.

I'm with you, I too lazy to explore underwater. and those shards are too annoying.

SwiftDeath
02-04-2014, 04:11 PM
The most crappy part of the game was the diving sites. Should have allowed me to bring a spear or some weapon to kill those stupid sharks and eels. I don't see why a fearsome pirate can't fight underwater :1:

Seriously you kill like thousands of men and hundreds of ships but oh I'm just going to take a nice leisurely swim without so much as a butter knife. I wonder what could happen? :rant:

Artemisthemp
02-04-2014, 04:43 PM
So happy that Ubisoft finally fixed the Uplay bug, so I can take part in the Community events and do fleet stuff

Sendt fra min Nexus 5 med Tapatalk

LowlyAssassin
02-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Cool.
quick question. I'm only playing offline mode. so I've got no access to that kenway fleet. I believe you need internet connection for that feature, now will I be able to fully upgrades my jackdaw without playing that kenway fleet? I mean, my Hidden treasure maps is not complete yet, I don't have 3 maps I think, and could be acquire through kenways fleet? maybe.. errrg not sure if I explained myself clear. sorry :D

2 hidden/buried treasures and the maps are ONLY available through Kenways fleet
So if you play offline then no 100% for you

LeX
02-05-2014, 05:56 AM
I tried battle the Legendary ships, (Ghost ship) and after 3 tries, I sink em. :thumb:
But I believe this is the easiest. better fully upgrade my jackdaw then.

2 hidden/buried treasures and the maps are ONLY available through Kenways fleet
So if you play offline then no 100% for you

I see, then I will just finish it when I get back home.

comaamen86
02-06-2014, 02:45 PM
Assassin?s Creed IV: Black Flag Jackdaw edition coming soon

Titled Assassin?s Creed IV: Black Flag Jackdaw edition the bundle is set to release on 28th March 2014 for ?49.99/ ?59.99 SRP and will include:

The full Assassin?s Creed IV: Black Flag game
The Death Vessel ship customisation pack
The Kraken Ship customisation pack
The Crusader & Florentine cosmetic pack
The Illustrious Pirates cosmetic pack
Blackbeard?s Wrath multiplayer pack
The new Guild of Rogues multiplayer pack
Freedom Cry DLC featuring over 3 hours of single player content as Adewale

https://www.gamekeysnow.com/blog/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/

Platfus
02-06-2014, 03:12 PM
You kidding me right?

LeX
02-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Oh bloody El Impoluto, finally sink to the bottom of the ocean. took me like 5 tries. my only priblem is the 2 man o war, find them much harder.

EDIT: I now enjoy that Ram charge attack . :D

LowlyAssassin
02-08-2014, 09:52 AM
Ok here is some news
Sorry their is no source for the news as I have had to compile it from about 6 sources

The Guild of Rogues DLC

Their will be 2 Maps
Charlestown (as seen in AC3 MP)
Kingston(new map, a slice of the city of Kingston as seen in the Single player AC4, but with market stalls and huts added)

3 new characters
The Siren (a female blonde haired character, recycled animations and visuals from the blonde haired character from previous games (pioneer ac3))
The Stowaway (recycled strong man (edit: robber)from AC3,(edit: thief from acb))
The Shaman Another character (can't find the name)(recycled Harlequin ACB/Coyote man AC4 animations and visuals)(edit: I can't tell which character this has the recycled animations from, it looks like the bear from AC3 which I think was the gladiator in ACB)

The character and maps can currently be viewed by PS3 &PS4 owners who have the new 1.06 update (2.3GB size) but only when offline /limited mode
The update that adds compatibility for this DLC comes to xbox's and PC on 11th of February and I cannot find any news as to when the WiiU gets the update

I don't know when the DLC will drop, word is spreading that is included in the season pass but whether it is free for everyone or not is very unclear,
I don't think it is possible to draw conclusions about future AC games from this MP DLC unlike it was with the AC3 DLC, but I don't currently have it so cannot draw conclusions from it

As it is unknown whether the DLC is free or paid for then it is currently unclear if their will be new trophies/cheatos for this DLC

SwiftDeath
02-08-2014, 08:14 PM
ubisoft :lol:

Romeo
02-09-2014, 02:51 AM
Thank you Lowly. AFAIK they are obligated to include any/all DLC for season pass holders.

LowlyAssassin
02-09-2014, 08:40 AM
Thank you Lowly. AFAIK they are obligated to include any/all DLC for season pass holders.

Well other games have released dlc during the season pass time frame and NOT included it in the dlc and no court cases arose as a result,

As a dealer explanation, all the time saver packs are technically dlc and they are not included in the season pass neither is the death vessel single player pack (I think)
But now I must go away and put together a rather compelling proposal for an 17th century game (1600-1679) I think I have a very good basis so far

Romeo
02-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Well other games have released dlc during the season pass time frame and NOT included it in the dlc and no court cases arose as a result,

As a dealer explanation, all the time saver packs are technically dlc and they are not included in the season pass neither is the death vessel single player pack (I think)
But now I must go away and put together a rather compelling proposal for an 17th century game (1600-1679) I think I have a very good basis so far

I hear ya. If you refer to games like Borderlands 2, they were specific with what is included with the pass, 4 map packs and 2 characters.

Just checked the advert for AC:BF's season pass. Mentions exclusive kraken ship, Freedom Cry DLC, and "more multiplayer maps and characters". That's enough for me to believe more means ALL in this situation.

Romeo
02-12-2014, 01:39 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/11/assassins-creed-4-guild-of-rogues-multiplayer-dlc-now-available/

The "Guild of Rogues" pack adds the Siren, Stowaway, and Shaman characters to Black Flag's playable roster, each boasting their own unique skills and abilities. The new content is available as a free download for Season Pass buyers, and is set to hit the PlayStation 3 and PS4 via the PlayStation Network tomorrow.

canuckcollector
03-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Assassin?s Creed IV: Black Flag Jackdaw edition coming soon

Titled Assassin?s Creed IV: Black Flag Jackdaw edition the bundle is set to release on 28th March 2014 for ?49.99/ ?59.99 SRP and will include:

The full Assassin?s Creed IV: Black Flag game
The Death Vessel ship customisation pack
The Kraken Ship customisation pack
The Crusader & Florentine cosmetic pack
The Illustrious Pirates cosmetic pack
Blackbeard?s Wrath multiplayer pack
The new Guild of Rogues multiplayer pack
Freedom Cry DLC featuring over 3 hours of single player content as Adewale

https://www.gamekeysnow.com/blog/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/

source: http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/10/ubisoft-announces-assassins-creed-4-black-flag-jackdaw-edition/

http://assets.vg247.com/current//2014/03/ac4bf_mockup_jackdaw_uk.jpg

Preorder is up at amazon.co.uk:
XB1 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Assassins-Creed-Jackdaw-Edition-Xbox/dp/B00I9WV33E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394476446&sr=8-1)
PS4 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Assassins-Creed-Jackdaw-Edition-PS4/dp/B00I9WW5N6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1394476446&sr=8-2)

Dr_Jengo
03-11-2014, 01:40 AM
What about all those little extras from the McFarlane figures? Are they included in this pack?

LowlyAssassin
03-11-2014, 06:38 AM
What about all those little extras from the McFarlane figures? Are they included in this pack?

Word from mcfarlane and ubisoft is that those McFarlane exclusive would remain exclusive
So good luck getting all those codes and content when they stop producing and sell out of mcfarlane figures
(If that actually happens with mcfarlane)

Dr_Jengo
03-12-2014, 07:32 AM
Ahh that's fine with me. I think I have all the codes anyway. Just need to do a double-check tonight. I think I haven't redeemed a couple. Hope it isn't too late.

LowlyAssassin
03-12-2014, 09:54 AM
Ahh that's fine with me. I think I have all the codes anyway. Just need to do a double-check tonight. I think I haven't redeemed a couple. Hope it isn't too late.

I am not aware of any official announcement of expiry dates on mcfarlane ULC for Assassins Creed IV Black Flag