PDA

View Full Version : Bundled Editions

LowlyAssassin
05-14-2013, 06:40 PM
There is talk on another thread about game releases we have began to discuss the so called "bindle editions" this is where retailers bundle items together either in shrink wrap or just in the same shipping box in order to increase sales
And we where wondering and debating if these where legitimate Collectors items?
And if they should be entered in the database
And what should and should not be entered in the database
Feel free to discuss, name bundle editions with links or pictures and share your thoughts

KnightOfTruth
05-14-2013, 06:45 PM
I got an amazing deal at Walmart for Batman AA & AC - they happened to have the bundle of both the AC and the GOTY:AA bundled together for 39.99 if I recall - but I put it on lay-a-way til Black Friday and was able to pick it up for 19.99, since the SKU was just for the AC and they had advertised the cheaper price for AC in their black friday leaked ads. :)

Since the games were exactly the same as if I had purchased them separately with the exception of some shrink-wrap and a little walmart wrapper I would not consider these collect-worthy, in fact, I've since traded in them both to trade up for the CEs.

LowlyAssassin
05-16-2013, 07:20 AM
Does a limited edition console that comes with a game count as a limited edition game edition?

SwiftDeath
05-16-2013, 07:47 AM
Does a limited edition console that comes with a game count as a limited edition game edition?

My usual thought process would go something like this:

It's a console limited edition as the console comes with the game, the game doesn't come with the console

Just my opinion of course

LowlyAssassin
05-16-2013, 08:24 AM
My usual thought process would go something like this:

It's a console limited edition as the console comes with the game, the game doesn't come with the console

Just my opinion of coursebut then there is the Assaasin'S Creed III Ultra Limited edition where you pay 2500 EURO and get a 6 foot statue and a game, so you ccant really say you are paying 2500 EURO for the game as there is nothing special about that game disc / case its just a bundle but its in the database

vhal_x
05-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Yeah, for consoles, they are Limited Edition consoles, not LE games.

Same goes for the statue, that's essentially just you paying for the statue and you get a copy of the game for free :shrug: So even though it's been titled ULE, I wouldn't classify it as a CE xx

ingmar1988
05-16-2013, 10:26 AM
For me it has to be in one box, with the name of the edition on it.

LowlyAssassin
05-16-2013, 10:42 AM
For me it has to be in one box, with the name of the edition on it.

I think this is the definition we should go with

comaamen86
05-16-2013, 02:22 PM
I think this is the definition we should go with

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mejps99UQl1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

LowlyAssassin
05-16-2013, 02:23 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mejps99UQl1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Care to explain in more detail?

comaamen86
05-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Care to explain in more detail?

i will but first i am going to have a smoke

twistedsymphony
05-16-2013, 03:28 PM
To help clarify what should and should not get added to the database I've made a thread here to clarify: http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12483

LowlyAssassin
05-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Is this eligible for edition in the database?
As it is just a bundle
But they have given it a special name
Burn doesn't have a slip cover or anything
Allegiance Pack (http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/assassins-creed-iii-allegiance-pack/)
http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server5600/5973c/products/255/images/1746/AllegiancePack_ficheproduit__22037.1366912670.390. 600.png

comaamen86
05-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Is this eligible for edition in the database?
As it is just a bundle
But they have given it a special name
Burn doesn't have a slip cover or anything
Allegiance Pack (http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/assassins-creed-iii-allegiance-pack/)
http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server5600/5973c/products/255/images/1746/AllegiancePack_ficheproduit__22037.1366912670.390. 600.png

3. The packaging or content of the release must differ from the "standard edition" release in some way (this may be as minor as alternate cover art).

LowlyAssassin
05-16-2013, 04:56 PM
3. The packaging or content of the release must differ from the "standard edition" release in some way (this may be as minor as alternate cover art).
That doesn't help

twistedsymphony
05-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Yes releases like that are eligible for the database.

A lot of those walk a thin line but where this was given a unique name and is being sold directly by the publisher that makes it clearly acceptable in my mind.

Also it doesn't look like a "bundle" to me... it looks as if the book and the game will be included in the box along with the flag.

LowlyAssassin
05-16-2013, 05:23 PM
I will have to order the item or get clarification from the publisher for you on whether they all fit in the same box

Also
Do first run editions that come with extra dlc (for the first production run of a game)example Forza 4 & horizon all first runs came with exclusive first run dlc

And any slip cover version?
Another example, some games have a slip cover for the first run only (of the standard edition game) then all subsequent production runs do not have the slip cover.. Do these get the renown database entry or just a mention in a standard edition description

And finally
Special editions or "signature" editions are elegable for addition into the database (exclusive covers and SLC to specific retailers)

ingmar1988
05-16-2013, 05:38 PM
That flag is a bundle (same packaging as when you ordered flag normally).

Im waiting for comaan his definition.

comaamen86
05-16-2013, 06:01 PM
i agree with twisted

i got shopt gears of war judgement bundle

it came wrapped with a flimsy 3 inch slip on sleeve, but it is an edition none the less like the one lowly posted

i agree that some barely make the cut when it comes to what we are used to and what we expect, but they are editions none the less

if we start deciding what is an edition based on what we think of the content or packaging (or lack of) we would have 10 different views for every edition

LowlyAssassin
05-16-2013, 06:05 PM
i agree with twisted

i got shopt gears of war judgement bundle

it came wrapped with a flimsy 3 inch slip on sleeve, but it is an edition none the less like the one lowly posted

i agree that some barely make the cut when it comes to what we are used to and what we expect, but they are editions none the less

if we start deciding what is an edition based on what we think of the content or packaging (or lack of) we would have 10 different views for every editioncan you send me a picture of that edition as I did wonder what was in it

comaamen86
05-16-2013, 06:08 PM
can you send me a picture of that edition as I did wonder what was in it

i binned the slip and gave away the postcards and gave the game to my brother for his birthday :rotf:

basically postcards 2 games gow j and 3 held together with a slip that from what i can remember

shopto exclusive gears of war judgement limited edition

twistedsymphony
05-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Do first run editions that come with extra dlc (for the first production run of a game)example Forza 4 & horizon all first runs came with exclusive first run dlc
The packaging or content of the release must differ from the "standard edition" release in some way

The cover art is different (usually had a Limited Edition banner) and the content is different (it includes DLC) so why would there be any question?

And any slip cover version? Another example, some games have a slip cover for the first run only (of the standard edition game) then all subsequent production runs do not have the slip cover.. Do these get the renown database entry or just a mention in a standard edition description
The packaging or content of the release must differ from the "standard edition" release in some way

The packaging is different (it includes a slip cover) so why would there be any question?

Special editions or "signature" editions are elegable for addition into the database (exclusive covers and SLC to specific retailers)

The cover art is different (usually had a Signature Edition banner) and the content is different (it usually includes DLC) so why would there be any question?

---------------

These are crappy excuses for collectors editions to be sure, but we're not about judging whether or not they're "worthy" of the database...

For all intents and purposes the database exists to inform people about variants... if there is a variant other than the standard edition, it should go in the database, the criteria is simply there to determine what defines a variant.

LowlyAssassin
05-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Thanks mike, sorry for all the questions. That's me all done on this topic
It was all my fault I was reading that the packaging & contents had to be different,
So I was mistaking "or" for "and" :(

twistedsymphony
05-16-2013, 06:42 PM
no worries... if there is confusion I like to understand why so I can make sure I reword things for less confusion.