PDA

View Full Version : Shipping overseas problems

aizen59
03-06-2014, 01:45 PM
Hi guys ! I am having a big problem here.

3 people contacted me to get the new PS4 Metal Gear Ground Zeroes edition. I am most likely 3 or 4 of these on the 20th march, however, i have heard that you cannot send dualshock 3/4 due to the lithium battery. I have checked fedex but they ask like 170 euros for each PS4 to be sent to France, thats like half the price of the system, this is crazy !!

Is there any way to my shipping from Japan to France without sacrifices ?

Please help me out, this is getting on my nerves !

Cosmic_Link
03-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Hi guys ! I am having a big problem here.

3 people contacted me to get the new PS4 Metal Gear Ground Zeroes edition. I am most likely 3 or 4 of these on the 20th march, however, i have heard that you cannot send dualshock 3/4 due to the lithium battery. I have checked fedex but they ask like 170 euros for each PS4 to be sent to France, thats like half the price of the system, this is crazy !!

Is there any way to my shipping from Japan to France without sacrifices ?

Please help me out, this is getting on my nerves !

Contact the buyers and ask them if thy are happy with you removing the batteries from the controllers and ship the batteries separate via FedEx and the console via whatever method you planned to use originally. Other than that, I can't see any other option, unless you ship the controllers separately via FedEx.

Have you enquired about shipping via surface mail? I think the lithium ion battery issue mainly relates to air freight.

aizen59
03-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Sadly, sending the controllers seperatly is not an option... Why ? Because Fedex is asking for 90 euros (1 kilos package) to ship the controller from Japan to France. Wtf seriously, 90 euros is like 2 dualshocks 4, they aint going to pay that much to get one shipped while they could get one in their own country.

Removing the battery from the controller ? That could be an idea, but can they replace it once the controllers get to France ? That said, not sure if they will be happy getting a controller without battery but then again, i do not have many options.

Someone told me to hide the controller in aluminium. Is that even working ? Not sure if it will get through...

Damn, this is driving me crazy.

vhal_x
03-06-2014, 04:57 PM
I don't think it would cost that much to ship a controller from Japan via Fedex, I get pretty large figures shipped from Japan frequently to me in the UK, costing around ?20 or so each time, usually a little less. And shipping for a 3DS from Japan via FedEx (the MGS 3D KonamiStyle bundle) was only like ?35 or so if I remember correctly :) xx

aizen59
03-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

Sadly, ive checked fedex shipping rates and from Saitama (where i live) to France, its showing up 90 euros... I have tried different settings but i just end up with the same price.

Maybe professionals gets lower fees ?

Guess i will have to pull out that battery and send a naked controller lol.

Cosmic_Link
03-06-2014, 09:55 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

Sadly, ive checked fedex shipping rates and from Saitama (where i live) to France, its showing up 90 euros... I have tried different settings but i just end up with the same price.

Maybe professionals gets lower fees ?

Guess i will have to pull out that battery and send a naked controller lol.

The best bet IMO, is to sell the controllers on the buyers behalf and they can then use the monies from the controller sales to purchase a new controller in their country. The controllers are all the same for those bundles anyway, right?

SwiftDeath
03-06-2014, 10:04 PM
Can anyone read Japanese?

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/question/24.html

Cosmic_Link
03-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Can anyone read Japanese?

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/question/24.html

That appears to be relating to air travel and not shipping items.

It's weird as you can take a handheld games console onto a plane which contains a lithium ion battery, but you can't ship one! XD

SwiftDeath
03-06-2014, 10:13 PM
That appears to be relating to air travel and not shipping items.

It's weird as you can take a handheld games console onto a plane which contains a lithium ion battery, but you can't ship one! XD

Eh that's what I thought but it's defintely the official site FAQ for the national Post office of Japan so I'm not sure why they would be the ones to inform you of human air travel restrictions. I think the google translate is just wonky and it is infact a listing of what can and can't be sent via air transport shipping

Cosmic_Link
03-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I noticed that after my post! XD

From Japanpost site. Restrictions regarding Lithium Ion batteries in English! ;)

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/use/restriction/restriction02_en.pdf

By the looks of it, as the battery is installed inside the item, it can be posted. :P This isn't the case when shipping stuff from the UK though as I checked! >.<

SwiftDeath
03-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I noticed that after my post! XD

From Japanpost site. Restrictions regarding Lithium Ion batteries in English! ;)

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/use/restriction/restriction02_en.pdf

By the looks of it, as the battery is installed inside the item, it can be posted. :P This isn't the case when shipping stuff from the UK though as I checked! >.<

Nice find :thumb:

aizen59
03-07-2014, 03:29 AM
You re right about this part :

(By the looks of it, as the battery is installed inside the item, it can be posted. This isn't the case when shipping stuff from the UK though as I checked! >.<)

But it depends on country you're sending too... France is not on the list so even if the battery is installed inside the item, i cannot send it to France...

Either way, i am stuck holding dualshocks 4 from my buyers or i will have to get rid of that battery and send them as its.

Twisted
03-07-2014, 06:05 AM
is this a new law?..because I have had playstation 3 dualshock items sent to me from Japan, new, sealed in 2013 with no problems..some even from 'forwarders"

Cosmic_Link
03-07-2014, 10:13 AM
You re right about this part :

(By the looks of it, as the battery is installed inside the item, it can be posted. This isn't the case when shipping stuff from the UK though as I checked! >.<)

But it depends on country you're sending too... France is not on the list so even if the battery is installed inside the item, i cannot send it to France...

Either way, i am stuck holding dualshocks 4 from my buyers or i will have to get rid of that battery and send them as its.

Ah yes, I see now. France is not included in the table! >.< However, UK is included and France is present on the UK restricted items shipping list, so apparently you can ship Lithium ion batteries for. The UK to France, but not from Japan to France. I might be able to help forward the pads for you. Ill look into it.

is this a new law?..because I have had playstation 3 dualshock items sent to me from Japan, new, sealed in 2013 with no problems..some even from 'forwarders"

Yeah some countries have been funny about shipping lithium ion batteries internationally through the local postal service, forcing people to have to use couriers for this task. >.< It's complicated as it varies from country to country.

Lemur
03-07-2014, 02:29 PM
I've shipped a bunch of dualshock bundles all around the world and never knew there was a restriction. How would they know there's lithium batteries since I declare the item as video game? :quote:

aizen59
03-07-2014, 03:07 PM
X ray is detecting your ion batteries. Its either going back to you or destroyed. Let's say i do not want my buyer's PS4 MG GZ getting destroyed in the process.

I have talked to them and might just take out ion batteries, they'll just replace it once arriving in France. Battery is like 10 euros, so should be fine.