Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Lounge > General Collecting Chat

Old 03-06-2014, 01:45 PM

aizen59's Flag is: France
Default Shipping overseas problems

Hi guys ! I am having a big problem here.

3 people contacted me to get the new PS4 Metal Gear Ground Zeroes edition. I am most likely 3 or 4 of these on the 20th march, however, i have heard that you cannot send dualshock 3/4 due to the lithium battery. I have checked fedex but they ask like 170 euros for each PS4 to be sent to France, thats like half the price of the system, this is crazy !!

Is there any way to my shipping from Japan to France without sacrifices ?

Please help me out, this is getting on my nerves !
Old 03-06-2014, 02:09 PM

Cosmic_Link's Flag is: England Birmingham
Default Re: Shipping overseas problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by aizen59 View Post
Hi guys ! I am having a big problem here.

3 people contacted me to get the new PS4 Metal Gear Ground Zeroes edition. I am most likely 3 or 4 of these on the 20th march, however, i have heard that you cannot send dualshock 3/4 due to the lithium battery. I have checked fedex but they ask like 170 euros for each PS4 to be sent to France, thats like half the price of the system, this is crazy !!

Is there any way to my shipping from Japan to France without sacrifices ?

Please help me out, this is getting on my nerves !
Contact the buyers and ask them if thy are happy with you removing the batteries from the controllers and ship the batteries separate via FedEx and the console via whatever method you planned to use originally. Other than that, I can't see any other option, unless you ship the controllers separately via FedEx.

Have you enquired about shipping via surface mail? I think the lithium ion battery issue mainly relates to air freight.
Looking to trade Kid Icarus AR Cards. Click here for what I need. UPDATED 14/04/2014

Click here for my intro thread.
For items available exclusively to the UK, see my thread for help with item forwarding.

Last edited by Cosmic_Link; 03-06-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:23 PM

Sadly, sending the controllers seperatly is not an option... Why ? Because Fedex is asking for 90 euros (1 kilos package) to ship the controller from Japan to France. Wtf seriously, 90 euros is like 2 dualshocks 4, they aint going to pay that much to get one shipped while they could get one in their own country.

Removing the battery from the controller ? That could be an idea, but can they replace it once the controllers get to France ? That said, not sure if they will be happy getting a controller without battery but then again, i do not have many options.

Someone told me to hide the controller in aluminium. Is that even working ? Not sure if it will get through...

Damn, this is driving me crazy.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:57 PM

vhal_x's Flag is: Scotland Glasgow, Scotland.

I don't think it would cost that much to ship a controller from Japan via Fedex, I get pretty large figures shipped from Japan frequently to me in the UK, costing around ?20 or so each time, usually a little less. And shipping for a 3DS from Japan via FedEx (the MGS 3D KonamiStyle bundle) was only like ?35 or so if I remember correctly xx

Instagram/CollectingAsylum/Twitter
Old 03-06-2014, 05:00 PM

Thanks for your feedback.

Sadly, ive checked fedex shipping rates and from Saitama (where i live) to France, its showing up 90 euros... I have tried different settings but i just end up with the same price.

Maybe professionals gets lower fees ?

Guess i will have to pull out that battery and send a naked controller lol.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aizen59 View Post
Thanks for your feedback.

Sadly, ive checked fedex shipping rates and from Saitama (where i live) to France, its showing up 90 euros... I have tried different settings but i just end up with the same price.

Maybe professionals gets lower fees ?

Guess i will have to pull out that battery and send a naked controller lol.
The best bet IMO, is to sell the controllers on the buyers behalf and they can then use the monies from the controller sales to purchase a new controller in their country. The controllers are all the same for those bundles anyway, right?
Looking to trade Kid Icarus AR Cards. Click here for what I need. UPDATED 14/04/2014

For items available exclusively to the UK, see my thread for help with item forwarding.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:04 PM

SwiftDeath's Flag is: United States Chicago, IL

Can anyone read Japanese?

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/question/24.html

January Update: Notebooks, Art, AC Items, Press Kits

Spoiler!

Old 03-06-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftDeath View Post
That appears to be relating to air travel and not shipping items.

It's weird as you can take a handheld games console onto a plane which contains a lithium ion battery, but you can't ship one! XD

Old 03-06-2014, 10:13 PM

SwiftDeath's Flag is: United States Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_Link View Post
That appears to be relating to air travel and not shipping items.

It's weird as you can take a handheld games console onto a plane which contains a lithium ion battery, but you can't ship one! XD
Eh that's what I thought but it's defintely the official site FAQ for the national Post office of Japan so I'm not sure why they would be the ones to inform you of human air travel restrictions. I think the google translate is just wonky and it is infact a listing of what can and can't be sent via air transport shipping

January Update: Notebooks, Art, AC Items, Press Kits

Spoiler!

Old 03-06-2014, 10:19 PM

Yeah, I noticed that after my post! XD

From Japanpost site. Restrictions regarding Lithium Ion batteries in English!

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/us...ction02_en.pdf

By the looks of it, as the battery is installed inside the item, it can be posted. This isn't the case when shipping stuff from the UK though as I checked! >.<