PDA

View Full Version : Most valuable and wanted Games

gurpswoo1
10-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Prices are all over the place since December so I will suspend updates untill Feburary.

Prices below are therefore not to considered correct. Some game shot up by £100 while other reduced by £30.
Hi all

I really wanted to a get a list of games that are the most sort after.

Maybe even a Top 10.

Seal Condition only. (please note that the prices will not include fees such a auction fees,paypal fees, delivery fees, etc. E.g ebay and paypal will be 14% of total which needs to be added on).

Xbox 360
Dead Space Ultra Limited edition £600+ USA Exclusive -
Tales of Vesperia Collector's Edition - £90+ USA version exclusive
Mass Effect 1 Collector's Edition - £100+
Dead rising 1 Tin Edition - £90+
Bioshock Collector Edition £80+

Playstation 3
Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Edition - 200 made ~£650 $1,000+ Us only
Metal Gear Solid 4 Collector's Edition with figurine PAL Exclusive - £170+
God of War Ultimate Triology Edition Pal Exclusive - £135+
infamous Collector's edition - £100+
Demon souls Editon US exclusive - £100+

Nintendo Wii
Metroid Prime Trilogy Steelbook NTSC exclusive- £65+
Monster Hunter Tri Limited Hunter Edition Pal Exlcusive - £65+
Red Steel 2 Pre-order Edition + Wii motion Plus - £55+
New Super Mario Bros Tin Edition - Pal Exlcusive £50+

Nintendo DS
Zelda Spirit Track Limited edition pre-order and UK Exclusive - £85+

Playstation Portable
Final Fantasy Crisis Core Limited Edition - £80+
Metal Gear Solid Peace Waker Limited Edition NTSC Exclusive - £65+

PC
Wolrd of WarCraft Collectors edition - £800+

Multi Format: -

Assassin creed 2 Black Editon - £110+
Star Wars The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition £70+ (Xbox 360) £90+ (PS3)
Fallout 3 Survival Edition - US Exclusive (Xbox, PS3 £110 +) (PC -£95 +)
Bayonetta Climax Edition - AUS release only £90+, unlike other PAL releases the Gold gun model came in the same box which was much bigger and neater, the most sort after version.

Ones to Look out for -

Demon Souls Black Phantom Edition ( PAL exclusive release, sold out and unlike the Deluxe US edition the Art Book is included in the box, quickly increasing in price £85+ 2-3 months after release and doubled value).

Halo ODST Collector's Edition - Long sold out and the only release I know that came with a custom art controller (Except FF XIII deluxe edition in asia)., NTSC version already fetching a premium.

DJ Portable Max 3 LE PSP - Unlike other DJ series games, the entire release was limited to 6000 units, 1000 limited edition and 5000 standard edition. USA version only - Wait and see on this one.

Heavy rain Special edition - Sales of this game have not been massive but still very good, critical reception may turn this into cult classic and very desirable as there is unlikely to be a sequel.

Mass effect 2 Collector's edition - With the PS3 getting a release it's not known if the game will get a Limited edition. However just like when the second was released the first games collector's edition price rocketed. Expect the same for the second when the third is released. Currently £80+.

Cursed Moutian Limited edition - developer is now gone, and with prices $20 USD this could be a dark horse. Wait and see when stock eventually dries up. Nothing increases the price better than a developer no longer exisiting. Imagine if nintendo disappeared, what would the value of Super mario bros be worth especially if they didn't produce any more mario game and mario bros was the last mario game?

Castlevania Lord of the Shadow Collector's edition PAL version only, due to manufacturing problems very few were made. PS3 version is the most sort after one fetching price of £90+. Only just been released so will have to wait for this one. The NTSC version is still avalaible now and is likley to be worth considerbly less than the PAL version with the metal mask.

Fallout New Vegas Collector's edition, Xbox and PC version completely soldout worldwide on launch day, Fetching £120+, have to wait to see if the game will hold it's inflated price. Now completely sold out. The Xbox and PC version still the version to get with the PS3 version can be purchase from ebay for £60-70.

Gran turismo 5 signature edition PAL release only, said to be avaliable in limited QTD but still in stock as of 05 - Dec - 2010

Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition NTSC - This one cost considerbly less than the PAL signature edition but missing out on some of the more unique content from the signature. sold out in most places and fetching a premium on eBay. Time will tell if this version will hold it's inflated value post Christmas.

Assassin's creed Brotherhood Codex Edition PAL PS3, Xbox 360 - Will likely be completely sold out in the coming weeks. fetching £120+ on eBay and 70% premium.

Red Dead Redmeption Limited Special Edition All regions - Soldout release, fecthing £30-40 more than retail. with the release of the limited edition content given away for free with the standard game reduces the value a little. If anything get the limited slip case as that is waht makes this edition valuable.

Vanquish Steelbook Edition - PAL PS3, Xbox- Completely sold out and fecthing a 20% premium, interestingly the Limited edition with figure is still in stock from Zavvi that have exclusive rights to the edition.

Up and coming releases to watchout for: -

Little Big Planet Collectors Edition NTSC version only, comes with a very nice book stopper and bean bag figure. Looks like good value for money considering what you get. The PAL regions will not get this, instead they get a steelbook with DLC extra. Not likely to be as sort after.

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition NTSC - Another mega edition, no word on QTD but I expect this edition to have a much more limited release than the standard steelbook edition from killzone 2. Traditionally this franchise has never sold in the millions like halo and Call of duty and the limted editions of the older games never soldout before release. however this could be judging by the content much more limited, hence it's inclusion in the up and coming section.

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition PAL - The PAL version is said to include a steelbook aswell unlike the NTSC version, no word from Sony on the reason why.

Crysis 2 Nano Edition - EA said this would be made in limited QTD ( believe it when I see it), the £120 price tag certainly makes it one of the more expensive edition in EA history, the exception being Dead Space ultra edition. There is also a much cheaper special edition which is more likely to sell out first but int he long term this one will be more valuable. how much more that depend on the numbers made.

This is just a quick mock up, there must be some I missed in between.

What do you guys think is missing or should be removed.

I missed all the recent releases as we don't know how their value will change over the next year, unless they are in the watch list.

twistedsymphony
10-11-2010, 04:31 PM
AFAIK Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition was Xbox 360 only and USA only

Also there was a Mirror's Edge Runner's Bag Bundle availble only through EA's online store for $150 new... I've NEVER seen one go up on ebay. that was PS3 and Xbox 360 USA only.
(and I needs to be added to the DB now that I think of it)

gurpswoo1
10-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Thanks for Correcting my mistake, forgot it was Xbox only.

Also there was a Mirror's Edge Runner's Bag Bundle availble only through EA's online store for $150 new... I've NEVER seen one go up on ebay. that was PS3 and Xbox 360 USA only.
(and I needs to be added to the DB now that I think of it)

Yes something constructive came from this thread, but still $150 for a game and a Bag. What was so special about the bag. Can't seem to find much info on it.

lhurgoyf
10-11-2010, 11:28 PM
PS3:
Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Edition - 200 made ~ $1,000+

If you want to track older systems too...

PS2:
Biohazard 5th Anniversary Nightmare Returns Limited Edition - 10,000 made ~ $500-$700

PS:
Elemental Gearbolt: Assassin's Case - less than 50 made ~ $1,300+ when they pop up

scourdx
10-12-2010, 05:57 AM
Add these to the list

- Bioshock Collector Edition (Xbox360)
- Star Wars The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition (PS3)
- Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence Limited Edition (PS2)

gurpswoo1
10-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the info guys, updated.

I have left the Last generation out for now, may come back to it in the future. Thats still 5 years of releases with the current gen.

scourdx
10-15-2010, 03:20 AM
For import Segagaga Limited Edition DC worth around $180. There are a lot of CE in Japan we never even heard of.

gurpswoo1
10-15-2010, 08:53 AM
For import Segagaga Limited Edition DC worth around $180.

As this game was release in the last generation, I have not included it because they are even more differcult to obtain than the current gen ones.
Thanks for the info though.

There are a lot of CE in Japan we never even heard of.

Yeah - This is so true, they also get some some very special Collector edition and several months before us aswell.

MrBubbles
10-15-2010, 02:53 PM
I think The Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition will be one of the most expensive items in near future. Only 1000 have been made, and if like 700 have been opened, only 300 will remain brand new.

scourdx
10-16-2010, 03:56 AM
DJ Portable Max 3 LE PSP will be valuable in the future. Only 1000 LE and 5000 Regular edition. Only 6000 copies made state wide.

gurpswoo1
10-16-2010, 12:43 PM
DJ Portable Max 3 LE PSP will be valuable in the future. Only 1000 LE and 5000 Regular edition. Only 6000 copies made state wide.

We have to wait a few months to see if this one gains values, differcult to tell as it is inflated at launch.

But only 1000 copies and 5000 standard, this is going to be rare and there is a good chance it will increase in value quite quickly, especially the sealed ones.

twistedsymphony
10-18-2010, 01:35 PM
another CE you can add to the list is the "Survival Edition" of Fallout 3 seems to have retained it's original $150 value.

this is another CE that I couldn't justify the price on when new and now I'm kicking myself for not getting... it seems to fetch nearly as much as Dead Space ULE these days.

gurpswoo1
10-18-2010, 03:01 PM
another CE you can add to the list is the "Survival Edition" of Fallout 3 seems to have retained it's original $150 value.

this is another CE that I couldn't justify the price on when new and now I'm kicking myself for not getting... it seems to fetch nearly as much as Dead Space ULE these days.

Thanks added to list,

Also added watch list.

scourdx
10-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Fallout 3 Survival Edition is available exclusively on Amazon.com and not available in Canada. :(

gurpswoo1
10-18-2010, 04:57 PM
I though the US and Canada was considered the same - LOL

Don't Amazon ship to Canada, I didn't release US got exclusive releases from Canada. Are they not the same region code, Colour system, power rating. - LOL this cracks me up sometime.

MrBubbles
10-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Fallout 3 Survival Edition is available exclusively on Amazon.com and not available in Canada. :(

What's the difference between the Survival Edition and the collector's edition?

twistedsymphony
10-18-2010, 06:12 PM
I though the US and Canada was considered the same - LOL

Don't Amazon ship to Canada, I didn't release US got exclusive releases from Canada. Are they not the same region code, Colour system, power rating. - LOL this cracks me up sometime.

they're both part of the NTSC region, and consoles run on 60Hz 120V power, and both use the ESRRB rating system, yes but there are difference between the US and Canada.

by law media released in Quebec must have the product title in both English and French, a lot of releases (example: DR2 Zombrex Edition) are like that for both US and Canada, however a lot of times the Canadian release will have a slip cover with slightly different wording to meet the criteria of the law.

there have been a couple of Canadian exclusive CEs as well, for instance the Forza 2 CE was Canada only. More often then not they get short changed though with a lot of CEs being US only.

I can't imagine it's hard to get US only releases in Canada though...

What's the difference between the Survival Edition and the collector's edition?

The Survival edition includes everything from the Collector's Edition in addition to a replica Pip-boy 3000, and it all comes in a larger cardboard box.
http://www.hmtk.com/wp-content/uploads/pip_boy_3000.jpg

supposedly with a little modification you can wear it too.

there was one up on ebay not too long ago where someone had hacked in a media computer with an interface exactly like the one in game as well as working buttons etc.

MrBubbles
10-18-2010, 06:20 PM
they're both part of the NTSC region, and consoles run on 60Hz 120V power, and both use the ESRRB rating system, yes but there are difference between the US and Canada.

by law media released in Quebec must have the product title in both English and French, a lot of releases (example: DR2 Zombrex Edition) are like that for both US and Canada, however a lot of times the Canadian release will have a slip cover with slightly different wording to meet the criteria of the law.

there have been a couple of Canadian exclusive CEs as well, for instance the Forza 2 CE was Canada only. More often then not they get short changed though with a lot of CEs being US only.

I can't imagine it's hard to get US only releases in Canada though...

The Survival edition includes everything from the Collector's Edition in addition to a replica Pip-boy 3000, and it all comes in a larger cardboard box.
http://www.hmtk.com/wp-content/uploads/pip_boy_3000.jpg

supposedly with a little modification you can wear it too.

there was one up on ebay not too long ago where someone had hacked in a media computer with an interface exactly like the one in game as well as working buttons etc.

Oh man, another CE on my wanted list. :secret:

gurpswoo1
10-18-2010, 06:22 PM
That replica Pip-boy 3000 really does make a difference, it looks amazing.

Nlkuysdf
10-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Every once in a while I search for the Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition just to see what it's fetching these days. I bought a brand new one back in May for $600, so imagine my disbelief when I saw this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dead-Space-Ultra-Limited-Edition-BRAND-NEW-/140466329555?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item20b47217d3#ht_500wt_1156

MrBubbles
10-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Every once in a while I search for the Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition just to see what it's fetching these days. I bought a brand new one back in May for $600, so imagine my disbelief when I saw this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dead-Space-Ultra-Limited-Edition-BRAND-NEW-/140466329555?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item20b47217d3#ht_500wt_1156

I wonder if it's getting payed for. Hope the highest bidder has a big bank account. :D
Well, It's alot of money but I don't think I would sell my copy for 3k right now. I'm not in the need of money, and they are getting more rare every day, especially the sealed version.
Wonder how many copies are still sealed.

Nlkuysdf
10-18-2010, 08:53 PM
A few months ago my girlfriend and a few buddies said I was stupid to pay $600 for a sealed copy. I just found this this morning and forwarded them the link. Who's the stupid one now???

But I'm definitely not selling mine anytime soon either. The funny thing is I had never heard of this edition until I found this site. Saw a thread with two members discussing it and that's when I started looking for one.

MrBubbles
10-18-2010, 09:00 PM
A few months ago my girlfriend and a few buddies said I was stupid to pay $600 for a sealed copy. I just found this this morning and forwarded them the link. Who's the stupid one now???

But I'm definitely not selling mine anytime soon either. The funny thing is I had never heard of this edition until I found this site. Saw a thread with two members discussing it and that's when I started looking for one.

Did you get your copy from Ebay?

Nlkuysdf
10-18-2010, 09:04 PM
No, I got it through a seller off Amazon.

twistedsymphony
10-18-2010, 09:33 PM
damn... that tears it, if I see one go up for sub $500 I'm buying it

gurpswoo1
10-18-2010, 11:15 PM
Sorry to tell you guys this is artifically being inflated with fake bids.

You can tell with all the 0 and low feedback bidders.

The seller will simply use a second chance offer for the offical one who bid was completely maxed out.

Complete waste of time, it's a common thing with these sort of items.

The max real bid is $900 and that his max bid that would have likely won.

The real value is $500-750 max depending on the condition.

MrBubbles
10-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Sorry to tell you guys this is artifically being inflated with fake bids.

You can tell with all the 0 and low feedback bidders.

The seller will simply use a second chance offer for the offical one who bid was completely maxed out.

Complete waste of time, it's a common thing with these sort of items.

The max real bid is $900 and that his max bid that would have likely won.

The real value is $500-750 max depending on the condition.

But why would someone do that? Very few people will pay an amount like this for a videogame. He has to pay for Ebay fees also, bet those will be high also with a max bid of 3k.

gurpswoo1
10-19-2010, 10:33 AM
But why would someone do that? Very few people will pay an amount like this for a videogame. He has to pay for Ebay fees also, bet those will be high also with a max bid of 3k.

They will do either of two things: -

1) retrack the fake bids just prior to the auction ending and thus only pay fees for the highest offical bid.

2) Second chance offers price will be what fees he will pay and not the max fake bid. Also the maximum fee eBay will charge I think for a game is £45 ($80) which equate to about a final max bid of £500. it gone way pass that and they are quids in.

Nlkuysdf
10-19-2010, 02:52 PM
That makes sense. I hadn't looked at the bidders but they all are new eBay members. What a scam. That's what pisses me off about eBay sellers. Wonder how many times they've gotten me for my max bid or close to. I've never bought anything that has been offered to me as second chance just cause I dont trust it.

gurpswoo1
10-19-2010, 03:15 PM
I've had plenty of these scan type from ebay, I report them to eBay and they don't give crap. As long as they get money.

It's a complete waste of time asking ebay to sort them out, The worst thing is that other sellers see that the item going for $3000 and do the same thing inflating the price.

twistedsymphony
10-19-2010, 08:15 PM
yeah I looked at the bidders yesterday and it was clear that it was being artificially inflated.

Nlkuysdf
10-19-2010, 08:34 PM
What sucks is there's nothing anyone can do about it and it drives the price up if someone actually ends up paying that much for it. I guess thats kind of a good thing since I own one, but I would also like to find another one at a reasonable price so that I can open it and enjoy all the extras.

gurpswoo1
10-19-2010, 10:10 PM
I would also like to find another one at a reasonable price so that I can open it and enjoy all the extras

LOL - Please leave some for those that didn't manage to get one, me included

Nlkuysdf
10-19-2010, 10:38 PM
LOL- Can't make any promises.

Does anyone know the breakdown of the release. i know they said they made 1000 between PS3 and Xbox 360. Was that 500 each? Where they all NTSC release or where there some released in PAL format? Just curious.

MrBubbles
10-20-2010, 12:27 AM
LOL - Please leave some for those that didn't manage to get one, me included
:rotf:

twistedsymphony
10-20-2010, 02:32 AM
there was no PS3 release of the Ultra Limited Edition... nor was there a PAL release.

all 1000 are Xbox 360 and NTSC

Nlkuysdf
10-20-2010, 02:48 PM
there was no PS3 release of the Ultra Limited Edition... nor was there a PAL release.

all 1000 are Xbox 360 and NTSC

I knew I had seen somewhere that said 1000 copies between Xbox and PS3. I spent about ten minutes Googling and searching everywhere to see where I might have seen that, to no avail. Then I checked the database here and the description says "Only 1000 copies of this edition were made (including both the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 versions)", lol. Now I know why i thought that.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

twistedsymphony
10-20-2010, 03:28 PM
yeah I think when it was initially added I had thought it was for both and then later found out it was 360 only.... I'll fix that.

gurpswoo1
10-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Have reported the item to eBay, watch them do nothing.

Nlkuysdf
10-20-2010, 05:01 PM
How can u report it? Just say that it looks fishy? If the accounts are coming from the same IP I can see them doing something but if they are not then I don't see what they could do.

gurpswoo1
10-21-2010, 10:57 AM
How can u report it? Just say that it looks fishy? If the accounts are coming from the same IP I can see them doing something but if they are not then I don't see what they could do.

When you report it, there is a specific option you can pick. Ebay are well aware of the issue of fake bids inflating the price.

It looks like it worked and the listing has ended, or maybe several other reported it aswell.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dead-Space-Ultra...#ht_500wt_1156

:1:

MrBubbles
10-21-2010, 12:40 PM
When you report it, there is a specific option you can pick. Ebay are well aware of the issue of fake bids inflating the price.

It looks like it worked and the listing has ended, or maybe several other reported it aswell.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dead-Space-Ultra...#ht_500wt_1156

:1:

Good job! I wonder if it was sold for $1000 BIN

gurpswoo1
10-21-2010, 01:29 PM
I wonder if it was sold for $1000 BIN

I doubt it, the listing has now disappeared completely. It just states it no longer exist.

LOL

gurpswoo1
10-21-2010, 01:51 PM
LOL just recieved this e-mail from eBay.

Thank You for Your Report (SafeHarbor) (KMM34042347V90376L0KM)
Sent: 20-Oct-10 17:00

Thanks for reporting a potential shill bidding violation. We understand
your frustration and appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

We'll carefully review your report and take the appropriate action based
on our investigation. To protect the privacy of the member that you're
reporting, we can't tell you exactly what actions were taken.

Shill bidding is against our policy and we don't allow members to engage
in it.

For more information on our policy, visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-shill-bidding.html

Sincerely,
eBay Customer Support

Ahhhhhhhhhh -They do care!!!!

twistedsymphony
10-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Nice!

MrBubbles
10-21-2010, 04:31 PM
I doubt it, the listing has now disappeared completely. It just states it no longer exist.

LOL

I understand, but would that copy been sold if the seller put it up as a BIN for $1000?

Nlkuysdf
10-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Fucking awesome. Now I know what to do next time i see that going on.

@Mr bubbles- There looked to have been a legit bid of $900. I say looked legit because he had a rating of like 300+ where as all other bidders were under 10.

Nlkuysdf
10-21-2010, 05:16 PM
On the original list it has Dead Rising tin edition, I was wondering how was this sealed originally? Just regular shrink wrap or was there some Microsoft seal on it? I ask because I've never seen one sealed and don't wanna be scammed if I go to buy one that's just been shrinkwrapped at home.

MrBubbles
10-21-2010, 05:21 PM
On the original list it has Dead Rising tin edition, I was wondering how was this sealed originally? Just regular shrink wrap or was there some Microsoft seal on it? I ask because I've never seen one sealed and don't wanna be scammed if I go to buy one that's just been shrinkwrapped at home.

Good question, never seen a sealed copy myself. But I think there was this green seal from Microsoft on the case itself and a shrink wrap.

Nlkuysdf
10-21-2010, 05:36 PM
That's what I'm thinking. Hopefully someone confirms it.

gurpswoo1
10-21-2010, 07:13 PM
I understand, but would that copy been sold if the seller put it up as a BIN for $1000?

I also think the $900 bid was legitimate and I presume the buyer would have paid the $100 extra for it, which is crazy when you consider it's way over price.

The thing is though, now that the listing has been removed and the bidder made aware of the scam. He's unlikely to bid that high again for a while at least.

On the original list it has Dead Rising tin edition, I was wondering how was this sealed originally? Just regular shrink wrap or was there some Microsoft seal on it? I ask because I've never seen one sealed and don't wanna be scammed if I go to buy one that's just been shrinkwrapped at home

All my Xbox 360 steelbooks have the green side seal, but that's in the UK.

Nlkuysdf
10-21-2010, 07:16 PM
All my Xbox 360 steelbooks have the green side seal, but that's in the UK.

Thanks for the answer, but do you know if it was shrinkwrapped as well?

gurpswoo1
10-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Hi there

All my Steelbooks for both PS3 and Xbox are all Cello sealed

You should ask Sealed game collectors this question who will be able a better answer, I have asked this question on Sealedgameheaven for you.

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3281

Nlkuysdf
10-21-2010, 08:53 PM
had never heard of this site. Checking it out now. Thanks.

twistedsymphony
10-21-2010, 09:22 PM
every new game I've photographed in the last month or so I've taken a picture of the package before the seal was cracked just so sealed game collector's know what to look for.

Nlkuysdf
10-21-2010, 09:45 PM
I think it's great that you're doing that because there's so many reseals out there. It comes in handy when you're buying something from overseas especially. Like the Cello seals, is that how they come factory sealed in the UK? Ours (NTSC) look totally different. Actually, the Cello seals look like they would be quite easy to buy and reseal any game that way. I could be way off here but it looks that way, am I wrong?

gurpswoo1
10-21-2010, 10:45 PM
every new game I've photographed in the last month or so I've taken a picture of the package before the seal was cracked just so sealed game collector's know what to look for.

:clap: This is great news.

there's so many reseals out there. It comes in handy when you're buying something from overseas especially.

I have yet to come across a re-seal collector's edition, but like you said they are out there and if there's money to be made from it more will be made. This is likely the single biggest concern for a collector, that and the huge increase in price thanks to VGA grading.

Cello seals look like they would be quite easy to buy and reseal any game that way. I could be way off here but it looks that way, am I wrong?

No - you are correct, it becoming increasingly common for re-sealed normal games, however the kit to shrink wrap the games is also very cheap, about £40-50 max for sealer and materials.

that how they come factory sealed in the UK? Ours (NTSC) look totally different

I don't have a huge amount of steelbooks but the ones I do have: Resident Evil 5, Perfect dark zero, jericho are all cello sealed, the ones I have from the USA such as Tales of vesperia are shrink wrapped. I guess it depends on the publisher in the region they are made for.

had never heard of this site. Checking it out now. Thanks.

It looks like Gemini-Phoenix (also a Staff member on this site) has confirmed that it is shrink wrapped with green stickker.

Bear in the mind that most of the games on that site will be PRE-PS2. Nintendo espeically, there something about sealed Nintendo 64 games that make them much more appealing than other console games in that generation. Wonder if there was ever a limited edition N64 game.

gurpswoo1
10-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Well this just got more interesting: -

Two others on the forum have Cello sealed game and not shrinkwrapped.

Check out the link:

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3281&view=unread&sid=9566dae23bef2f425435a8bb1134fdb6#unread

twistedsymphony
10-22-2010, 03:40 PM
When I bought Forza 2 LCE from ebay it was advertised as "sealed"

it was, but the seal was fake, the DLC card was already used up too...

that's the only one I ever ran into though.

the seal was obviously fake when I got it so I was weary off the bat.

it was a shrink-wrap seal too... but it was of a lower quality (thinner/more brittle?) than what I see on most game cases.

scourdx
10-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Vanquish limited edition is going up in price on ebay. Last time I checked it was priced at $300.

gurpswoo1
10-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Vanquish limited edition is going up in price on ebay. Last time I checked it was priced at $300.

Completed listing seem to indicate that it going for $100-$150 mark, none yet have sold for $300. No ones willing to pay that amount yet.

scourdx
10-24-2010, 05:54 AM
Completed listing seem to indicate that it going for $100-$150 mark, none yet have sold for $300. No ones willing to pay that amount yet.

For sure. After seeing this game getting a high score on the review, I would think this game will sell like hot cake.

MrBubbles
10-24-2010, 02:21 PM

That's insane and definately not worth it.

Nlkuysdf
10-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Didn't vanquish just come out last week?

MrBubbles
10-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Didn't vanquish just come out last week?

Yeah, it's around $60 in most stores. :)

gurpswoo1
11-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Updated the "Watch List" and have added "Up and Coming list"

Any recommendation are welcome to.

zeeyah
11-14-2010, 03:36 AM
noticed GT5 on there, are the NTSC releases limited too?

gurpswoo1
11-14-2010, 11:32 AM
GT 5 Collector's edition in NTSC will be different in that you don't get a Black Carbon case wallet and admission to the compitition,etc.

It's unlikely it will be as limited as the the PAL Signature Edition, also there has been no word from Sony that it's was going to be in limited supplies. I expect it to still be around after launch. unless someone has heard anything otherwise.

Either way the most sort after version will be this PAL version where buyers on ebay are paying upto £220, a £80 increase in order to secure there version. unlike the NTSC version which currently has little demand on eBay. Have to wait and see when closer to launch if demand picks up.

A quick note, The limited edition GT4 on the PS2 was still available to buy 3 years after launch in the UK atleast. And it had a much larger install base than the PS3 did.

Secondly GT PSP collector edition was limited to 5000 units but was still available to buy 16 months after release, this had more to do with the PSP platform being a poor sales platform for most game than the edition it self.

scourdx
11-15-2010, 01:46 AM
GT 5 Collector's edition in NTSC will be different in that you don't get a Black Carbon case wallet and admission to the compitition,etc.

It's unlikely it will be as limited as the the PAL Signature Edition, also there has been no word from Sony that it's was going to be in limited supplies. I expect it to still be around after launch. unless someone has heard anything otherwise.

The US collector Edition already sold out. I can't even preorder it. The Signature Edition is still available for preorder at Game.co.uk for £129.99. Most likely the US CE will be pricey.

gurpswoo1
11-15-2010, 04:52 PM
The US collector Edition already sold out. I can't even preorder it

Are you sure, the first store I tried was Amazon and they have it for pre-order, (http://www.amazon.com/Gran-Turismo-5-Collectors-Playstation-3/dp/B003O6HEKQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1289838956&sr=8-2)

The Signature Edition is still available for preorder at Game.co.uk for £129.99
I'm thinking the constant delays, high price and lack of promotion is preventing this selling out yet. GOW 3 Ultimate trilogy edition was also still avaliable to pre-order 4 days prior to launch, same price point and fan base.

I think we should still keep it in the "up and coming releases" section until 2-3 days prior to launch to judge the desirability.

I'm just going on the ebay prices they have sold for and the signature edition is very high while the Us version is currently floating from below retail price to $10-£20 above retail.

If you think I should swap it for the US NTSC version I will, or I can add both versions. Let me know.

scourdx
11-16-2010, 03:18 AM
Amazon.com don't ship to my area. Only US residence only. :rant:

I'll probably check out Sony store.

gurpswoo1
11-29-2010, 12:14 AM
Updated:

Demon souls Black Phantom Edition value update from £65 to £85 (some even going for £125 but £85 is the going rate). looking like it may even overtake the NTSC deluxe edition.

Changed stock status of Fallout new veags to soldout for all platforms.

Added GT5 Collector's Edition NTSC to watch list, didn't realise this version was different to the PAL one. scourdx was right about this one being sold out.

Added Assassin's Creed Brotherhood codex edition to watch list, have left the NTSC collector's edition for now as it is still in stock in most places and shows little sign of being limited.

Mandingo
11-29-2010, 02:16 AM
Hmm. I thought the Black Phantom edition was worth more to begin with. eh.

gurpswoo1
11-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Hmm. I thought the Black Phantom edition was worth more to begin with. eh.

I tend to check on the prices and interest every 2-3 weeks. Early September it was worth about £60+.

The value has fluctuated somewhat since launch, initially the game was sold out but the second production batch came in stock deprecating its value.

Two months later the normal version of them game was released and demand picked up again. It's been 2- 3 months since it was sold out and with glowing reviews and with no hint of a sequel, interest is really starting to pick up.

I'm thinking that this game could turn out to be a cult classic.

Another 6 months and I expect this to be worth £100+ easily.

Mandingo
11-29-2010, 12:08 PM
no hint of a sequel,

I guess people haven't heard of Project Dark:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103600-Demons-Souls-Makes-Brutalizing-Return-as-Project-Dark

But I guess it's more of a 'spiritual' sequel more than anything.

gurpswoo1
11-29-2010, 01:38 PM
I guess people haven't heard of Project Dark:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...s-Project-Dark

But I guess it's more of a 'spiritual' sequel more than anything.

Hmmmmmm - This looks interesting, nice find. Never knew this was in development, always though the developer was working on some sort of DLC or expansion to keep the online community going.

But like you said, unless it's actually Demon souls 2 it not a direct sequel. I'm actually hoping they don't make a sequel and keep it as it is. I don't think it needs a sequel but an offshoot sounds good.

gurpswoo1
12-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Updated list:

Have added/moved Assassin's creed Brotherhood Codex Edition, Red Dead Redmeption Limited / Special Edition and Vanquish Steelbook Edition to the "watch list".

Have also addedd Killzone 3 Helghast Edition both NTSC and PAL together with Crysis Nano Edition to "up and coming releases".

Reduced the price for Tales of Vesperia Collector's Edition from £100+ to £90+ as demand seems to have reduced a little. Likely to increase with the next tales of game release.

Increasesd the value of Dead Space Ultra Edition from £450 to £600.

Let me know if there's anything I missed or got wrong.

Mandingo
12-28-2010, 06:45 AM
Increasesd the value of Dead Space Ultra Edition from £450 to £600.

Good lord. :lol:

gurpswoo1
01-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Ok this is currentlty suspended, see OP for reason.

Mandingo
01-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Prices are all over the place since December so I will suspend updates untill Feburary.

Prices below are therefore not to considered correct. Some game shot up by £100 while other reduced by £30.

Ah, I see. Well, whenever you finally update is fine.