PDA

View Full Version : what should I do

gokilz
12-11-2011, 04:45 PM
ok, first off. I just received a steelbook from one of the member here.

But it came totally different than what I expected, it got all bent and is in weird shape.

Who is at fault for this? Is it the seller? or the courier company which in this case Royal Mail. What should I do?

It arrived in 2 layers of envelopes with bubble wrap but unfortunately it didn't do enough to protect the steelbook. :rant:

vhal_x
12-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Do you have any pics? xx

gokilz
12-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Do you have any pics? xx

yes i've just taken them. im very sad to receive the steelcase in this condition :(:(

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i380/uplandz/IMG-20111212-01232.jpg

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i380/uplandz/IMG-20111212-01231.jpg

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i380/uplandz/IMG-20111212-01230.jpg

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i380/uplandz/IMG-20111212-01229.jpg

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i380/uplandz/IMG-20111212-01228-1.jpg

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i380/uplandz/IMG-20111212-01227.jpg

vhal_x
12-11-2011, 05:42 PM
I'd say it is the fault of the delivery service, but wow, that is a bad shape for the steelbook to be in :O

I'd message the seller anyway, as they may be able to make a claim with the royal mail (although don't quote me on that, not sure if Royal Mail do anything about damages) xx

mawa
12-11-2011, 05:53 PM
I think also that it whas royal mail his failt but i always let steelbooks shipping in a box for protection and not in a envelopes

I know a box shipping is more expansief bud then you are sure it comes in good condition

gokilz
12-11-2011, 06:01 PM
ye the shape is very odd, it cant even lay flat lol.

anyway ill drop a message to the seller regarding this.

gurpswoo1
12-11-2011, 06:35 PM
I am a firm believer that the seller ensure that adequate packaging is used for the item to arrived in the described condition.

Should the seller have not used good enough packaging then the seller should refund or partial refund you should the damage be minimal ( obviously it isn't in this case). The seller can ask for the item to been returned before refund but again the seller should pay these costs.

Remember that most courier will not accept liability should poor packaging be used, each courier have their own criteria for what is considered adequate packaging. Here is Royalmail (http://www.royalmail.com/mail-advice/wrapping-and-packing/wrapping-and-packing), Go to DVD and CD section.

Should good packaging be used then the courier is at fault and you should request the seller to initiate a claim. The seller will do this and do the following:

1) Start Claim and refund you :thumb:
2) start claim and wait for claim to be fulfilled before refund

This is of course providing the shipment had the required insurance value, if sent via standard Airmail then the maximum amount that can be claim is £46 GBP.

This is of course my own view

goonergaz
12-11-2011, 08:13 PM
seller should refund and make the claim against royal mail

Biggav4000
12-11-2011, 09:53 PM
I agree !

Ayiu
12-11-2011, 10:10 PM
OMG the steelbooks looks really worse....but anyway I don't like it that someone from this forum did you a favour and that he he is now pilloried in a public thread. I think this is something you have to discuss with the seller privately. Maybe he will give you a half refund and after his claim was successful the rest? :/ But I don't think that it was the sellers fault so in some way I can't approve of with this thread and I already started to think of not providing anymore help because you're always the bad guy as the seller. :think:

This is just my opinion so don't take this personal.

vhal_x
12-11-2011, 10:21 PM
OMG the steelbooks looks really worse....but anyway I don't like it that someone from this forum did you a favour and that he he is now pilloried in a public thread. I think this is something you have to discuss with the seller privately. Maybe he will give you a half refund and after his claim was successful the rest? :/ But I don't think that it was the sellers fault so in some way I can't approve of with this thread and I already started to think of not providing anymore help because you're always the bad guy as the seller. :think:

This is just my opinion so don't take this personal.

I'm inclined to agree.

I understand that this may have been the first time that the OP has purchased something from somebody on here (although I could be wrong) so was looking for advice on what to do, but it could have been better dealt with.

At least the seller's name/username has not been mentioned :)

But yes, this would have been better worked out in PMs, but I do understand why it was posted at the same time :surrender:

xx

gurpswoo1
12-11-2011, 11:52 PM
You could also say the opposite is true, look at the Keifer situation. Everyone kept quiet and discussed everything via PM. The result was everyone evolved was badly burn't.

I don't think we should restrict members from asking for advice on the best way to deal with a problematic situation. The community is here to help each other in the end and I think the advice provided will help both parties come to a mutually beneficial solution.

I agree the seller has done a nice favour in help exporting the item to buyer, but no one is blaming the seller, unless they used very poor packaging that is.

Not mentioning the seller username at this stage is right cause of action. This way they don't need to defend themselves should they feel victimised. At the same time the buyer can freely ask advice, on the best way to proceed without directly offending the seller or compromising a potential solution.

gokilz
12-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Don't mean to offend anyone or sellers here, people have been great so far in this forum and I really love it to be honest. Main problem is I just do not know what to do really. I recently had a fair share of problems dealing with sellers in ebay as well. I've only dealt online for the past 6 months so my experience is still very limited

This is my first time dealing in this forum, and had done another 2 deals but they are on their way here. I received my first deal damaged :( I didn't doubt his packaging though given his feedbacks are 100%. I guess I am very unlucky. Right now, I'm just waiting for the seller to respond.

Ayiu
12-12-2011, 01:34 AM
It's okay you don't need to justify yourself. we all understand why you have done this thread but it's also a slap in the face of everyone who already sold something because this could happen to everybody and this is something you do not want to become true. If you go srikt by law...well Im talking about german law then we have the following situation. If you send something as a private person (this is the most important part) the seller can't be claimed either when the package gets lost or when it will be damaged. The shipping company will give a refund when its got lost and you have an insurance on it, you can also get a refund when it is damaged but in this case you need proof that it got damaged on the way to you. You need pictures that it was wraped well etc....this is how it goes in Germany. We call this transfer of risk and this is part of the
German civil code. Don't know if this will help you but the UK might have similar laws.

themidlandmaster
12-12-2011, 01:47 AM
You could also say the opposite is true, look at the Keifer situation. Everyone kept quiet and discussed everything via PM. The result was everyone evolved was badly burn't.

I don't think we should restrict members from asking for advice on the best way to deal with a problematic situation. The community is here to help each other in the end and I think the advice provided will help both parties come to a mutually beneficial solution.

I agree the seller has done a nice favour in help exporting the item to buyer, but no one is blaming the seller, unless they used very poor packaging that is.

Not mentioning the seller username at this stage is right cause of action. This way they don't need to defend themselves should they feel victimised. At the same time the buyer can freely ask advice, on the best way to proceed without directly offending the seller or compromising a potential solution.

Agreed. Ryaku stopped exporting because the community burnt him

What's the Kiefer situation? I know he kept asking me to buy him games, but he never paid upfront so i refused

mosavon
12-12-2011, 01:56 AM
Agreed. Ryaku stopped exporting because the community burnt him

What's the Kiefer situation? I know he kept asking me to buy him games, but he never paid upfront so i refused

The Kiefer situation is that he has taken money from members a long time ago and there is no goods, no communication Nothing. Thoroughly weird guy