PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 games more valuable than PS3's?

Gameshark
01-12-2012, 12:42 PM
I want your opinion on a controversial topic between the same title of a game but in different consoles. I don't know how to exactly word this thread, but it seems from my collection xbox games tend to sell more than ps3 collectors edition games, and yes on the same exact games.

Any one want to provide an input why?

themidlandmaster
01-12-2012, 01:27 PM
More Xbox's than Ps3's

Most games are made on Xbox

sleepwalker
01-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Games that becamse popular on PlayStation and then went multi (PS3, MGS, Dark Souls) would cost more on PlayStation. Multiplatform JRPGs would cost more on PlayStatation. Anything that has any relation to Japan would cost more on PlayStation. Most of the fighting games would cost more on PlayStatation.

Anything that is a lot more West than East would cost more on Xbox (FPS).

SquirrelRaper
01-12-2012, 05:10 PM
In general, I always find that the 360 version is typically cheaper even in shitty kids games.

twistedsymphony
01-13-2012, 12:25 AM
In general they'll make a set number of copies of a CE, and then an unlimited number of the standard edition based on what the market wants.

In the US standard editions of Xbox 360 games tend to be cheaper because more people own the console and more copies are available on the market.

CEs of Xbox 360 games tend to be more valuable because more people own the console leading to higher demand.

Of course some CEs were overproduced (more were made then people who wanted to buy them) and that of course leads to rapid devaluing.

Twisted
01-13-2012, 04:28 AM
some xbox collectors that come to mind that have devalued due to overproduction are Bioshock 2 collectors and Halo Reach collectors, these 2 still tend to linger on shelves collecting dust even with massive huge markdowns.

scourdx
01-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Since most of the game are developed for 360, they have the tendency to have better game developed and tested than PS3. Also take into factor some of the games like Call of Duty, GTA IV, Borderlands, Fallout and many others have first release DLC. When it comes to patches, 360 will gets them first before PS3 (I am looking at you Skyrim).

The two factor that gets me purchasing the PS3 version more than the 360 is the fact it is Bluray disc. You don't need to swap disc and some developer add more content on bluray than the 360 version. The other would be it is region free regardless where you buy the game from. It really depends on users preference. I am fine with both system.

gerardo2
01-25-2012, 02:39 PM
So better buy PS3 for cheap games :)

Gemini-Phoenix
01-31-2012, 10:52 AM
From the start, X360 CE's have always demanded a higher price than PS3 CE's, where both exist as multi-format releases

I think it's because the X360 has a much bigger user base, and therefore demand is higher. I personally prefer X360 CE's over the PS3, so much so that I even collect extra X360 consoles to ensure that I will always have something to play them on in the future.

Bear in mind that the X360 was first to market, and had a good year and a bit head start on the PS3. In that time there were several major CE releases such as Dead Rising, Bioshock, Halo 3, Perfect Dark Zero, Mass Effect, Gears Of War, COD 4 etc, and many collectors started collecting for the X360 long before the PS3 came out. Even once the PS3 was out, it would be a while before the CE craze caught on.

If you also compare the amount of X360 CE's available with how many PS3 CE's are available, I would guess that it's a ratio of 2:1! The X360 stil receives many more exclusive titles than the PS3, and some multi-format games even have some CE's exclusive to the Xbox but not the PS3...

themidlandmaster
02-02-2012, 02:57 AM
From the start, X360 CE's have always demanded a higher price than PS3 CE's, where both exist as multi-format releases

I think it's because the X360 has a much bigger user base, and therefore demand is higher. I personally prefer X360 CE's over the PS3, so much so that I even collect extra X360 consoles to ensure that I will always have something to play them on in the future.

Bear in mind that the X360 was first to market, and had a good year and a bit head start on the PS3. In that time there were several major CE releases such as Dead Rising, Bioshock, Halo 3, Perfect Dark Zero, Mass Effect, Gears Of War, COD 4 etc, and many collectors started collecting for the X360 long before the PS3 came out. Even once the PS3 was out, it would be a while before the CE craze caught on.

If you also compare the amount of X360 CE's available with how many PS3 CE's are available, I would guess that it's a ratio of 2:1! The X360 stil receives many more exclusive titles than the PS3, and some multi-format games even have some CE's exclusive to the Xbox but not the PS3...

I bought my 360 for Halo , Gears and Mass Effect, Bought the collectors edition of all of them

Seems to be going the other way though. Ps3 gets uncharted, resistance ect and 360 gets fewer and fewer exclusives

Gemini-Phoenix
02-02-2012, 05:47 AM
I bought my 360 for Halo , Gears and Mass Effect, Bought the collectors edition of all of them

Same here. I started off collecting X360 CE's, and I've more or less stuck with the Xbox as my dominant console of choice for this reason. Plus the fact that there are about double the amount of CE's for the Xbox than there are for the PS3

Seems to be going the other way though. Ps3 gets uncharted, resistance ect and 360 gets fewer and fewer exclusives

I wouldn't say so. I think they both have their fair share of exclusives, and I'd say they were both about equal in terms of exclusive games being released. However, the Xbox exclusives are more likely to receive some kind of CE, whereas I've noticed that Sony tends to let some of their exclusive titles go without

The Xbox also gets a lot of timed exclusives too. In the early days this was mainly because they were first to market, but even now some games have a staggered release (Ok, not so much nowadays)

Mike1888
02-08-2012, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't say so. I think they both have their fair share of exclusives

I'd say there's no question the PS3 has had much, much more (relevant) exclusives the past couple years. I say that because since around 09, all I buy for my 360 is exclusives and call of duty - and I've bought barely any 360 games the past couple years.

Looking forward, it looks like this trend will continue.

SquirrelRaper
02-08-2012, 03:29 PM
You guys should check this site out and compare prices of games. It'll show show you the average prices of the games. From what I can see the PS3 games sell for slightly more, and has some very pricey titles in comparison lol.

PS3
http://videogames.pricecharting.com/console/playstation-3?sort-by=highest-price

Xbox
http://videogames.pricecharting.com/console/xbox-360?sort-by=highest-price