PDA

View Full Version : Just got my hands on Kingdoms of Amalur Exclusive edition, how high will it go?

stavie33
02-07-2012, 03:04 AM
So I just took money out of my savings for a car (which I won't need for a few years now that I'm going to Japan for a while) to buy the Exclusive edition, the one with only 12 made. Got it for 360 for $2200. It will be the crown jewel of my collection.

I think it's definitely worth it, but how high do you think it will go overtime? I really don't know, but I keep all my collectors editions sealed, I have everything since Perfect Dark to Mass Effect 1 sealed still, and I'm planning to keep it for years, but will it go exponentially or flatten out like Dead Space? I'd hope it hits $20,000 or something but that may be really unrealistic. Thoughts?

Matrix6
02-07-2012, 03:13 AM
There were 1000 units made for Dead Space Ultra...this has only 12 ever!!!
Keep it sealed, VGA grade it....ten fold what you paid within years to come...that's what I'd do. :)

Congratz and enjoy knowing you have a target on your back :P :rotf:

stavie33
02-07-2012, 03:16 AM
should I really VGA grade it? I've been thinking about VGA'ing grading all my games, but I have mega, MEGA OCD and am well reknown for it, I've tracked down tons of gamestops and am willing to drive up to 30 miles for the best condition game and even the littlest scratch or ripple in most shrink wrap bugs me. All my games are the mintest possible, and I never felt safe risking their condition by shipping them to VGA, but if it is that big a difference, I want to know that they also won't damage them handling them, I pick up my games with gloves, wrap them in silk, and put them in my closet and NEVER touch them, the idea of people putting their hands on it, without me knowing if they use gloves or not, bothers me, a lot.

SquirrelRaper
02-07-2012, 03:33 AM
should I really VGA grade it? I've been thinking about VGA'ing grading all my games, but I have mega, MEGA OCD and am well reknown for it, I've tracked down tons of gamestops and am willing to drive up to 30 miles for the best condition game and even the littlest scratch or ripple in most shrink wrap bugs me. All my games are the mintest possible, and I never felt safe risking their condition by shipping them to VGA, but if it is that big a difference, I want to know that they also won't damage them handling them, I pick up my games with gloves, wrap them in silk, and put them in my closet and NEVER touch them, the idea of people putting their hands on it, without me knowing if they use gloves or not, bothers me, a lot.

I am the SAME way that you're. I get so pissed when I get a game on EBay and I message the seller asking the condition detailing out, that it better not be "blah blah" and then I get it and the seal is completely ripped, or they lied about putting it in a box or even worst a reseal! Pisses me off that bestbuy is doing seals on used games and it's now in clear shrink wrap instead of that ugly yellow. Anyways, if you want to ship it and want it to get them undamaged, go with DHL. It's a bit pricey but for high valued items, do it.

I ordered a game once and it came through DHL. The guy hands it to me in a bag and Im freaking out as it came from overseas but the game/box was so flawless despite it being shipped in a bag.

Though I have to add I dont handle them with gloves and I display them sealed. haha.

Twisted
02-07-2012, 05:52 AM
is there any special distinction on the outside packaging?..is it specially packaged?..does it say 1 of 12?..or spell out an exclusive edition?..i would be curious to know if the 12 edition looks identical packaging wise to the 300 or 700 edition if one were to keep it sealed?

stavie33
02-07-2012, 06:05 AM
is there any special distinction on the outside packaging?..is it specially packaged?..does it say 1 of 12?..or spell out an exclusive edition?..i would be curious to know if the 12 edition looks identical packaging wise to the 300 or 700 edition if one were to keep it sealed?

I was wondering this too. How people would tell if someone had the email and just passed off their signature edition instead, it would work. I think it comes with a certificate, but even with an external certificate, if the packaging's the same then there's no way to tell if you got jipped. I don't have the item yet so I can't actually tell.

Twisted
02-07-2012, 06:36 AM
because for instance, there was this limited edition Killzone 3 set, where the helmet would "light up"..and it was ultra exclusive and could only be won in contests or promotions by the publisher of KILLZONE 3,..and the outside box is clearly different and says the words "limited" printed on the box..there is a distinction there...as opposed to for instance, if this one of 12 set looks exactly the same from the outside, and the only way of knowing is through a confirmation e-mail..then that is just lame ;)..i hope you can earn bragging rights, just by the packaging alone :)

Matrix6
02-07-2012, 07:21 AM
I was wondering this too. How people would tell if someone had the email and just passed off their signature edition instead, it would work. I think it comes with a certificate, but even with an external certificate, if the packaging's the same then there's no way to tell if you got jipped. I don't have the item yet so I can't actually tell.

It'd make sense to accompany the package with an external certificate of authentication stating how extremely elite it is and the line number for that particular package. Like what they did for the Folio Edition books from BallisticPublishing.

Solemn_In_Berlin
02-07-2012, 10:48 AM
I posted this (http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?3948-special-edition-unboxing-pics-(per-request)) in the Amalur thread in the CE News board.

I think from the packaging alone, there's no exact way to tell what platform you ordered for and what edition you got. From the looks of things, the Special Edition and the Prismere Troll statue are boxed separately, and the both prints come individually, or are packed inside a mailing tube, or are gonna be put inside the Troll's box. I may be wrong though, as these are only unboxing pics for the Special Edition.

Each edition will come with the box from the pics, that's for sure. Curt Schilling confirmed that in a podcast.

stavie33
02-07-2012, 04:09 PM
I posted this (http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?3948-special-edition-unboxing-pics-(per-request)) in the Amalur thread in the CE News board.

I think from the packaging alone, there's no exact way to tell what platform you ordered for and what edition you got. From the looks of things, the Special Edition and the Prismere Troll statue are boxed separately, and the both prints come individually, or are packed inside a mailing tube, or are gonna be put inside the Troll's box. I may be wrong though, as these are only unboxing pics for the Special Edition.

Each edition will come with the box from the pics, that's for sure. Curt Schilling confirmed that in a podcast.

Apparently it comes with a shipping form attached to the box that says it's the exclusive edition. I've seen the pic and will be getting it in 2 days.

DB5
02-07-2012, 04:43 PM
What shipping form? If you're referring to the shipping form in those unboxing pics, there's no mention of which edition was bought. It only says thanks for shopping then gives details on how to return the product should the buyer not be satisfied. That's how it also says in my Amalur CE.

stavie33
02-07-2012, 06:11 PM
What shipping form? If you're referring to the shipping form in those unboxing pics, there's no mention of which edition was bought. It only says thanks for shopping then gives details on how to return the product should the buyer not be satisfied. That's how it also says in my Amalur CE.

No, this form is different, it may come specifically with exclusive or signature editions to show that the stuff is signed or something, or maybe just exclusive, but it's something different.

stavie33
02-07-2012, 07:35 PM
It's in! It is numbered, I have number 5/12. My troll statue is signed by Todd McFarlane (since you get a random signature per statue from one of the guys) which I'd think is the most valuable signature.

I have number 5 of the 12 limited Macfarlane prints and a matching number 5 of 1000 for the Ken Rolsten print O_O low numbers ftw. My troll statue is 634/1600 but still, hand made base signed by Macfarlane

Feel like I scored, it is numbered.

Solemn_In_Berlin
02-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Could we have pics of it, especially the sketch print? Curious to see how it looks like.

Congrats. You have the rarest next-gen CE in existence if I'm not mistaken. :drool:

stavie33
02-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Could we have pics of it, especially the sketch print? Curious to see how it looks like.

Congrats. You have the rarest next-gen CE in existence if I'm not mistaken. :drool:

And I still feel bad that I opened my Tales of Vesperia, Assassin's Creed II, and Fallout Survival then sold them so I don't have them anymore. I'm also angry that I never got dead space. This kinda makes up for a lot of those, but not really, those are some of the rarest and most expensive CE's that were publicly available and I still wish I had them, maybe more than this since I really never expected to get this, but hey, I'm not complaining.

at college right now, but will take pictures when I get home, expect them this weekend.

Solemn_In_Berlin
02-08-2012, 11:45 AM
^ Okay, cool. Will be looking forward to those.

Sorry to hear you selling your Tales of Vesperia and Fallout 3 limited editions. Sometimes, I am also tempted to sell my editions. Like just a while back, someone was offering me PHP 63,500 (about $1500) for my Killzone 3 Limited Helghast Edition. I turned it down. :ghey: I don't regret it, as the LHE is so special to me. I'm not really an FPS guy, but I enjoy Killzone. More than that, the LHE is so special because I didn't buy it; I actually won it. So yeah.

Anyway, enough storytelling for me. I hope you take care of your Exclusive Edition. If you somehow someway get tired of it, just let me know and I'll be first in line. :wink: Kidding aside, congrats again.

stavie33
02-09-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm actually not planning on selling any of my games for years to come, I sold those because I opened them, that was before I collected sealed games, and I didn't want open games in my sealed collection, my regret is that I didn't keep them sealed to begin with, and now buying sealed ones will cost me a fortune.

But since the only difference with the exclusive edition is the screenprint, is the only thing that's worth value in it going to be the screen print? Because literally everything else, including the troll, is the same, and because of that I"m not sure it would sell any better as a group than if someone had the signature edition. Personally I like the signature edition screenprint better anyways.