PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden 3 Unboxing

zhaff2004
03-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Hey guys, haven't seen anyone do this for this game yet so I figured I might as well give it ago. It pained me to actually unbox this as I'm a HUGE Ninja Gaiden fan and would love to have kept a sealed copy but there was no chance I would have kept this sealed, maybe i'll pick up another one down the line if my pocket allows it lol. anyways, here it goes, will give my opinion at the end:

Still with shrink wrap

http://s13.postimage.org/rpi5qpkw7/SDC12272.jpg

Back

http://s16.postimage.org/v5dyb99np/SDC12274.jpg

The box inside the box

http://s14.postimage.org/re24nlvrl/SDC12275.jpg

Artbook cover

http://s8.postimage.org/dh9v9fqqt/SDC12276.jpg

Figure

http://s17.postimage.org/uy95h3967/SDC12277.jpg

All in all, irrespective of the heat that the game is getting, I think that this set is gorgeous, the artbook itself is good, its a nice size, just a little disappointed that it wasn't hardcover.

The figure is actually very well detailed and is about the same size as Drake from UC3, it will sit very nicely beside my UC3, ACII, Skyrim and Batman:AC collectibles.

The packaging was top notch, nice outer box, and a very slick looking inner box that protected the figure very well.

All in all, a top notch collectors edition that is a must have for everyone here :) The fact that it actually comes with a physical soundtrack is also nice considering most other sets prefer the easier digital download route.

On par with UC3 and Arkham City collectors, better than skyrim, and way better than the two Sigmas (thats a given lol)

gurpswoo1
03-21-2012, 12:11 AM
Wow thanks for unboxing, it is alot bigger than I thought it was going to be.

zhaff2004
03-21-2012, 12:17 AM
thats what I thought as well, picked it up in the local gamestop (Edmonton, Canada) it was -7 outside, didn't take a car, walked there thinking it would fit into my bag, ended up getting badly shafted haha

gurpswoo1
03-21-2012, 12:20 AM
thats what I thought as well, picked it up in the local gamestop (Edmonton, Canada) it was -7 outside, didn't take a car, walked there thinking it would fit into my bag, ended up getting badly shafted haha

LOL -it's still that cold there?

zhaff2004
03-21-2012, 12:24 AM
LOL -it's still that cold there?

It actually has warmed up, we get -35 easily in december/jan lol. But yeah, its been very warm recently (+10) just the day I decide to walk to gamestop, its -7... :(

Mike1888
03-21-2012, 12:54 AM
It actually has warmed up, we get -35 easily in december/jan lol. But yeah, its been very warm recently (+10) just the day I decide to walk to gamestop, its -7... :(

Kinda freaky eh? Here in Ottawa it literally went from -25 to +23 C in a span of 3 days. Its like summer out there right now - in march.

I got this edition today too, I really like it. Just have completely run out of space to display the figure anywhere :(

zhaff2004
03-21-2012, 12:56 AM
Kinda freaky eh? Here in Ottawa it literally went from -25 to +23 C in a span of 3 days.

I got this edition today too, I really like it. Just have completely run out of space to display the figure anywhere :(

I have the exact same problem, I'm still in 4th year uni, my desk is filled it books, my ipod dock, skyrim dragon, drake from UC3, batman for Arkham city, Ezio from ACII and a replica of the world cup trophy, dunno how to make more space :(

foreverflash
03-21-2012, 06:10 AM
Hey thanks for sharing your unboxing with us zhaff! I just got my NG3 CE today and it is just TOO perfectly sealed for me to dare open it. The opposite of how you thought! lol When I get perfect seals it is very few and far between. This NG3 CE seal is absolutely PERFECT. It's so good I may have it graded at some point. Would likely be in the mid 90's VGA grade, like 95.

On a side note, I'm extremely upset at IGN's bastard reviewer who gave NG3 a score of 3 for Christ sake. The game does not deserve such a low score. Perhaps if they thought it sucked, a 5 would be the lowest I'd go. Go any further and your just spitting on the franchise and telling the Developer and publisher to take a vacation which is NOT fair...

zhaff2004
03-21-2012, 06:16 AM
Hey thanks for sharing your unboxing with us zhaff! I just got my NG3 CE today and it is just TOO perfectly sealed for me to dare open it. The opposite of how you thought! lol When I get perfect seals it is very few and far between. This NG3 CE seal is absolutely PERFECT. It's so good I may have it graded at some point. Would likely be in the mid 90's VGA grade, like 95.

On a side note, I'm extremely upset at IGN's bastard reviewer who gave NG3 a score of 3 for Christ sake. The game does not deserve such a low score. Perhaps if they thought it sucked, a 5 would be the lowest I'd go. Go any further and your just spitting on the franchise and telling the Developer and publisher to take a vacation which is NOT fair...

Yeah man haha i wanted to keep mine sealed but I had to open it haha, it was actually sealed near perfectly, now that you mention it...

Man, IGN is a joke, they basically showed team ninja, its history and reputation the middle finger... there is no way in hell this game is a 3... i mean, by giving it a 3, they are essentially saying that games like prison break ,(3.5) Afrika (4) and kung-fu rider (3.5) are all better games? Please, they need to cut their BS and do a better job -_-

foreverflash
03-21-2012, 06:25 AM
Yeah man haha i wanted to keep mine sealed but I had to open it haha, it was actually sealed near perfectly, now that you mention it...

Man, IGN is a joke, they basically showed team ninja, its history and reputation the middle finger... there is no way in hell this game is a 3... i mean, by giving it a 3, they are essentially saying that games like prison break ,(3.5) Afrika (4) and kung-fu rider (3.5) are all better games? Please, they need to cut their BS and do a better job -_-lmao! prison break? You mean there's a game for the TV show? wtf? And your telling me they gave a game based on a TV series (that was mildly popular at best - but I liked it) a better score than NG3!? A well established game franchise with a huge fanbase? Wow. I didn't know IGN reviewers were "this" disconnected. I'd like to punch the girl and guy reviewer in the face who gave NG3 a 3 and RE: ORC a damn 4. Just not right...

zhaff2004
03-21-2012, 06:30 AM
lmao! prison break? You mean there's a game for the TV show? wtf? And your telling me they gave a game based on a TV series (that was mildly popular at best - but I liked it) a better score than NG3!? A well established game franchise with a huge fanbase? Wow. I didn't know IGN reviewers were "this" disconnected. I'd like to punch the girl and guy reviewer in the face who gave NG3 a 3 and RE: ORC a damn 4. Just not right...

They are a bunch of clowns, they try to seem elitist, they probably feel like a bunch of heroes sitting in their office trying to destroy franchises such as RE and NG... terrible...

Matrix6
03-21-2012, 07:18 AM
Great unboxing zhaff2004 zhaff! Clear, concise and to the point! :D
That is a surprisingly huge CE, I wasn't expecting to see such an eye popper. The overall size is about the same as Killzone 3 HE I reckon. I don't think I'll be able to display mine though, and I'm dreading how much damage the box will endure as it makes its way here from the UK...but it should only be a minimum quality damage [slightly crushed corners and maybe a hole or two :???: ].

Now I must ask....what PS3 console do you have there?? Is it custom painted? vinyl stickers? or some official prize I've never ever seen?? Please fulfill my desire :drool: :notworthy: Thanks :)

zhaff2004
03-21-2012, 07:34 AM
Great unboxing zhaff2004 zhaff! Clear, concise and to the point! :D
That is a surprisingly huge CE, I wasn't expecting to see such an eye popper. The overall size is about the same as Killzone 3 HE I reckon. I don't think I'll be able to display mine though, and I'm dreading how much damage the box will endure as it makes its way here from the UK...but it should only be a minimum quality damage [slightly crushed corners and maybe a hole or two :???: ].

Now I must ask....what PS3 console do you have there?? Is it custom painted? vinyl stickers? or some official prize I've never ever seen?? Please fulfill my desire :drool: :notworthy: Thanks :)

Man, if only I had won this in a contest, Its a gelaskin, there is a site (I can post a link if you want) that takes any image you want and creates a gela skin/sticker/vinyl for you. costs about $35 with shipping, the quality is terrific, the image is from an old game called samurai showdown, what do you think? like the design?

Matrix6
03-21-2012, 07:52 AM
I do like it! You've captured a really great artistic image for it. I love the original Samurai Shodown...especially when playing it at the arcades or on the Neo Geo console! It was just perfect on the original console even with the huge home size joysticks they come with <3 Very very few has had the pleasure of experiencing that here, let alone seeing a Neo Geo console :notworthy:

After the debacle I had of trying to transfer a vinyl sticker on my Phat PS3, I don't thing I want to try it again as I was rubbish at it :S Thanks for the insight though :)

Btw, this edition would've been even more awesome if they included a Steelbook with it! :beach:

zhaff2004
03-21-2012, 08:12 AM
I do like it! You've captured a really great artistic image for it. I love the original Samurai Shodown...especially when playing it at the arcades or on the Neo Geo console! It was just perfect on the original console even with the huge home size joysticks they come with <3 Very very few has had the pleasure of experiencing that here, let alone seeing a Neo Geo console :notworthy:

After the debacle I had of trying to transfer a vinyl sticker on my Phat PS3, I don't thing I want to try it again as I was rubbish at it :S Thanks for the insight though :)

Btw, this edition would've been even more awesome if they included a Steelbook with it! :beach:

A steelbook of this game, that uses the promo art over ryu's face on a steelbook? wow... would have been amazing

Dreamcazman
03-21-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm dreading how much damage the box will endure as it makes its way here from the UK...but it should only be a minimum quality damage [slightly crushed corners and maybe a hole or two :???: ].
No, don't say that, you're making me worried. :no:

Granted Ozgameshop have been very good of late, everything I've gotten off them has been pristine, so I hope the same goes for this. Going by the pictures, the outer box looks to be of a stronger cardboard so that helps - is that right zhaff2004? Thanks for the great unboxing too. :thankyou:

Matrix6
03-21-2012, 11:14 AM
lol, don't worry, I'm just down playin' it....reverse psychology ;)
Prepare for the worse, then be delighted if/when they turn up in great shape <3

Letrico
03-21-2012, 11:24 AM
T_T i had no money to order it from ozgameshop. now I missed out that amazing thing

Dreamcazman
03-21-2012, 12:29 PM
T_T i had no money to order it from ozgameshop. now I missed out that amazing thing
You could get it from EB and pay an extra $55. :facepalm:

Letrico
03-21-2012, 12:30 PM
no moneh. next month is my gf's birthday + witcher 2. poor time

zhaff2004
03-21-2012, 12:45 PM
No, don't say that, you're making me worried. :no:

Granted Ozgameshop have been very good of late, everything I've gotten off them has been pristine, so I hope the same goes for this. Going by the pictures, the outer box looks to be of a stronger cardboard so that helps - is that right zhaff2004? Thanks for the great unboxing too. :thankyou:

Haha yeah man, the box is actually really really solid, much more solid than any other CE I have seen