View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 - Ubistore Edition

Pages : 1 [2]

vhal_x
10-31-2012, 05:40 PM
Maybe a problem at your local UPS? Maybe your address isn't on the items properly? Give your local UPS office a call and see if they can sort it out xx

nipperkipper
10-31-2012, 06:01 PM
Maybe a problem at your local UPS? Maybe your address isn't on the items properly? Give your local UPS office a call and see if they can sort it out xx

I did call them, UPS were no help at all. They said the packages were on their way to be delivered. TheN ubisoft & ubiworkshop (senders) have asked for the packages to be intercepted. They cant divulge any information due to their confidentiality agreement with Ubisoft.

I phoned ubistore and they were absolutely clueless. All in all i wont get it in time for release date. Who knows if i will get them this week:banghead:

vhal_x
10-31-2012, 06:05 PM
:( That sucks :( Hopefully they still show up soon :( :hug: xx

vhal_x
10-31-2012, 06:45 PM
ARGH. Mine has been intercepted now too :(

It's sitting in the depot less than 15 mins from my fucking house aswell. ARGH! xx

Romeo
10-31-2012, 06:56 PM

It's sitting in the depot less than 15 mins from my fucking house aswell. ARGH! xx

If your depot is that close just go there and take it. It's yours, you paid for it.

Mine arrived today about an hour ago. I did get the correct version, the game case is in English and French.

LowlyAssassin
10-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Can someone tell me if this comes with the carteblanches from the 2nd edition encyclopedia

vhal_x
10-31-2012, 07:07 PM
If your depot is that close just go there and take it. It's yours, you paid for it.

Mine arrived today about an hour ago. I did get the correct version, the game case is in English and French.

I'm not allowed to go collect it as it has been intercepted by the sender. So I have to contact them and get them to contact UPS to get it sent to me (again). Fucking pain in the ass. :(

Romeo
10-31-2012, 07:08 PM
Can someone tell me if this comes with the carteblanches from the 2nd edition encyclopedia

From the second? I have the original softcover with carte blanche, the e3 edition, and now this new ubiworkshop edition.

Inside the box is the game in multiple languages, the comic, the lithos sealed in an envelope, and the new 2.0 hardcover. They do have the original carte blanche photos printed inside as pages. They are not separate cards like before.

P.S. can't PM you regarding the steelbook. :wave:

Xmo
10-31-2012, 07:10 PM
More AC nick nacks

http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-collector-posters/

LowlyAssassin
10-31-2012, 07:17 PM
From the second? I have the original softcover with carte blanche, the e3 edition, and now this new ubiworkshop edition.

Inside the box is the game in multiple languages, the comic, the lithos sealed in an envelope, and the new 2.0 hardcover. They do have the original carte blanche photos printer inside as pages. They are not separate cards like before.

P.S. can't PM you regarding the steelbook. :wave:

Cleared space in my inbox
The second edition encyclopaedia was supposed to come with a new set of carte blanches
And I read over on UbiWorkshop forum/ news thread that they where now included in the UbiWorkshop edition so I'm going to complain as that means I have too buy a another encyclopedia

LowlyAssassin
10-31-2012, 07:20 PM
See link

http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-encyclopedia-second-edition/

Second bullet point
New carte blanches

nipperkipper
10-31-2012, 07:30 PM

WTF is going on

vhal - very important you phone them - because they will at least make a log/report of the incident which passes on to second level of support

vhal_x
10-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I called UPS as soon as I saw the tracking update. I asked if I could pick it up, and they said no as it's a request from the sender. They told me to contact the sender and see what is happening.

I've emailed UbiWorkshop and left messages on their twitter now xx

nipperkipper
10-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I called UPS as soon as I saw the tracking update. I asked if I could pick it up, and they said no as it's a request from the sender. They told me to contact the sender and see what is happening.

I've emailed UbiWorkshop and left messages on their twitter now xx

Is your freedom edition on hold as well?. let me know if you want their CS phone number

LowlyAssassin
10-31-2012, 07:36 PM
My second one didn't have any tracking info :( so no idea where it is

vhal_x
10-31-2012, 07:54 PM
Is your freedom edition on hold as well?. let me know if you want their CS phone number

My Freedom Edition is currently sitting in biggav's house :) xx

Romeo
10-31-2012, 07:59 PM
Cleared space in my inbox
The second edition encyclopaedia was supposed to come with a new set of carte blanches
And I read over on UbiWorkshop forum/ news thread that they where now included in the UbiWorkshop edition so I'm going to complain as that means I have too buy a another encyclopedia

Well there are new pages with new printed carte blanches inside... Did ubi state that there were separate lithos in separate packaging like the first encyclopedia?

LowlyAssassin
10-31-2012, 08:07 PM
Well a carte Blanche is printed on a special type of paper so are the new carte blanches that appear inside the book on the same paper as the rest of the book or special paper/card more like the originals
And are the pages double sided or single sided
I know I'll fond all this out tomorrow when the ups guy redelivers my copy

Romeo
10-31-2012, 08:09 PM
Well a carte Blanche is printed on a special type of paper so are the new carte blanches that appear inside the book on the same paper as the rest of the book or special paper/card more like the originals
And are the pages double sided or single sided
I know I'll fond all this out tomorrow when the ups guy redelivers my copy

They're just additional pages at the end of the book, just like any other page. They have a mix of the original 'prints' and new ones.

vhal_x
10-31-2012, 08:11 PM
I highly doubt it will be delivered to you tomorrow Lowly, most likely intercepted like most other people's copies xx

LowlyAssassin
10-31-2012, 08:13 PM
I highly doubt it will be delivered to you tomorrow Lowly, most likely intercepted like most other people's copies xx

The ups man arrived today and he didn't have change and didn't take cards and I died want to give him extra
Seems like ubi are forcing ups to check that all copies have the correct 360/ps3 version in and that's why there's a hold on most

LowlyAssassin
10-31-2012, 08:15 PM
They're just additional pages at the end of the book, just like any other page. They have a mix of the original 'prints' and new ones.

That's so sucky I was looking forward to another 8 prints on my wall
Although the term carte Blanche is vaigue and doesn't explain what they are at all as the are not blank cards or cheques, and the alternate meaning of do what you will does not make sense either

vhal_x
10-31-2012, 08:16 PM
Yeah, some people on twitter wrote that UPS returned to collect them after they were delivered :/ So yours might still get intercepted xx

LowlyAssassin
10-31-2012, 08:20 PM
No official word as to why yet then
Maybe they did miss out the carte blanche's
Maybe they need to check all versions are correct
Any other ideas
I really want to read the chain,

tonybsg
10-31-2012, 09:40 PM
This is unbelievable, what a screw up.

Mine here in Greece was intercepted. However, I sent immediately mails to ubiworkshop, and said they would look into this.

I didn't get an answer, but my tracking page was updated hours later to
"Shipment on hold awaiting payment of duty & tax".

I'll call UPS first thing in the morning tomorrow.

Ayiu
10-31-2012, 11:09 PM
what a mess....I got a ps3 copy instead of a xbox 360 one :banghead:

so if anyone wants to trade I'm open for it.

nipperkipper
10-31-2012, 11:38 PM
Yeah, some people on twitter wrote that UPS returned to collect them after they were delivered :/ So yours might still get intercepted xx

Wow i was right for a change, i knew ubisoft made a right royal cock up once both my editions were intercepted

tonybsg
10-31-2012, 11:42 PM
what a mess....I got a ps3 copy instead of a xbox 360 one :banghead:

so if anyone wants to trade I'm open for it.

Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for customs at UPS?

Also, does the outer "Desmond Miles" box says anywhere the version (X360/PS3)?

If I receive a wrong one as well, we'll talk! :)

nipperkipper
10-31-2012, 11:45 PM
Just rechecked the tracking numbers and they now state after intercept processing

"The receiver did not want the order and refused this delivery. / Returned to shipper"

Bad to worse, no freedom edition or ubiworkshop editions for another few days at least:mad:

vhal_x
10-31-2012, 11:47 PM
Yeah, mine says that too. I have spoken to UWS though and they said it is now processing, but haven't explained exactly what that means. So not sure if they've contacted UPS to get them to re-send it to me tomorrow? I've messaged them again to clarify, but had no reply :suicide: xx

Ayiu
10-31-2012, 11:57 PM
Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for customs at UPS?

Also, does the outer "Desmond Miles" box says anywhere the version (X360/PS3)?

If I receive a wrong one as well, we'll talk! :)

I payed a total of 26.71 euros. 10.50 euros was for the handling fee called brokerage and the rest is just the standard vat of the a appropriate country. So in my case 19% from around 75 euro is 14.21 euros. Amounting to 26.71 ?

No sticker on the outside to show if it is a ps3 or xbox 360 copy but it can easily be opened through a cord.

Oh and don't expect any protection for your edition....it was shipped with the "fit in the box" style ^^

tonybsg
10-31-2012, 11:59 PM
So, did any of you ever saw at your tracking page what I said earlier?

"Shipment on hold awaiting payment of duty & tax."

I payed a total of 26.71 euros. 10.50 euros was for the handling fee called brokerage and the rest is just the standard vat of the a appropriate country. So in my case 19% from around 75 euro is 14.21 euros. Amounting to 26.71 ?

No sticker on the outside to show if it is a ps3 or xbox 360 copy but it can easily be opened through a cord.

Oh and don't expect any protection for your edition....it was shipped with the "fit in the box" style ^^

Thanx. When I speak to them, I'll quote the handling fees in Germany. Here they will ask at around 40E!!!

vhal_x
11-01-2012, 12:01 AM

Thanx. When I speak to them, I'll quote the handling fees in Germany. Here they will ask at around 40E!!!

Lol, nope mine hasn't ever updated to say that yet xx

Ayiu
11-01-2012, 12:10 AM

they asked for the money at the door....no word about it on the tracking page....however I'm not really satisfied with the edition the card box is imo not sturdy enough for the heavy books + they totally messed up with the shipping process.

Xmo
11-01-2012, 01:13 AM
It sounds japanese!!! :rant:
Can someone please make anunboxing in english if possible :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaiKJYG_LvM

Letrico
11-01-2012, 01:20 AM
why do you want me to do a personal unboxing for you? =P But I won't be showing you the lithos because its inside a sealed envelope.

Neilikki
11-01-2012, 01:32 AM
It sounds japanese!!! :rant:
Can someone please make anunboxing in english if possible :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaiKJYG_LvM

Lol, this is polish!

ingmar1988
11-01-2012, 02:18 AM
they asked for the money at the door....no word about it on the tracking page....however I'm not really satisfied with the edition the card box is imo not sturdy enough for the heavy books + they totally messed up with the shipping process.

I agree, the encyclopedia feels like it can fuck up the outside box any moment, i think i will leave it out.

Had to pay 21 euro tax, could be worse. It was free shipping anyways and price not to bad. Also glad edition is not sealed, so i dont have to open any of my other CE to actually play the game.

Twisted
11-01-2012, 03:55 AM
that box has way too many creases and damage to be content with!..if mines come like that, i'm gonna flip out!!!!...mine better be damn perfect!:D

Letrico
11-01-2012, 04:02 AM
Mine have crease at the red thing where you tie the string. Probably something heavy on top pressed it against the paper causing the damage. Other than that it was perfect

mosavon
11-01-2012, 04:14 AM
Glad i didn't buy this, that box looks pathetic :facepalm:

Saturn
11-01-2012, 04:21 AM
The contents look great though, but being an american exclusive, I'd rather skip it. Too much stuff to buy ATM to bother with too many editions of the same game.

Dreamcazman
11-01-2012, 06:37 AM
Got mine today, correct version that I ordered (360), pretty damn good only 1 day after local release.

I'd have to agree the outer box is way too thin to hold the book, etc inside. Mine arrived pretty much in good shape. There is only a really tiny dent in the back bottom corner but other than that it's perfect, all things considered.

I'll sell the game as I already have it to recoup some dough. :)

Matrix6
11-01-2012, 06:50 AM
So those "Postcards" from the Ubisoft Edition...they've turned them into large Posters as well! O_O http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-collector-posters/

Is anybody getting the 'Poncho' that comes with the Asian Console Bundle?

Letrico
11-01-2012, 06:54 AM
I'm finding the poncho matrix =P

vhal_x
11-01-2012, 09:08 AM
ARRRTGGGHHHH!!!!

I contacted UbiWorkshop last night to tell them that they'd intercepted the package, and could they contact UPS to just get it shipped directly to me instead of going back to them. They said "yes, it is now processing, don't worry, it will be with you asap"

Phoned UPS this morning as my package is still marked as "Exception" and they told me that they were contacted by UbiWorkshop this morning who told them to continue returning it to sender.

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!?!?

I actually want to cry. First fucking purchase from the UWS and this happens. Unless they do something to make it up to me, I highly doubt I'll purchase from them again :( xx

tonybsg
11-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Lol, nope mine hasn't ever updated to say that yet xx

Yeah, called just now UPS, mine is intercepted as well and they still dont know why.

Also they said to me that the value that it's on the package is $120 and not $99 that I paid, that means even more taxes for me (almost 70E without the handling charges :banghead::banghead:).

LOL vhal_x, we wrote at the same time, at least they said to you that indeed they will return it, here they didn't even know!

Dr_Jengo
11-01-2012, 09:14 AM
A lot of problems with this order.. What was so difficult to send out the right platform game? Perhaps they are calling back orders to prevent more wrong shipments? But then what's with the extra value on the package? That's a big nono.. :nono:

vhal_x
11-01-2012, 09:16 AM
I can explain the extra value. Items that aren't marked as gifts (none of their shipments are gift-marked) are charged for the value of the item ($99.99) PLUS shipping. We didn't pay shipping, sure... but THEY obviously did. So we are still subject to those shipping costs :( xx

Dr_Jengo
11-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Darn that sucks!

Ayiu
11-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Can't see what value was written on my box but I just payed taxes on the actual item....I still don't know what to do with the wrong edition though. Maybe I should sell the ps3 game and just put a xbox one in it :/ don't want to ship it back and pay all the taxes twice :banghead:

Matrix6
11-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Can't see what value was written on my box but I just payed taxes on the actual item....I still don't know what to do with the wrong edition though. Maybe I should sell the ps3 game and just put a xbox one in it :/ don't want to ship it back and pay all the taxes twice :banghead:

You could try to contact them and let them know of the issue, they may rectify it by sending you the correct game (only) and also let you keep the incorrect game they sent to you?! I'd just let them know exactly what's happened and they may come to a conclusion in your favour without losing anything?!?

They've made errors in my order once before and they kindly fixed it up plus also sent me a bonus as well! ^_^ It could happen to you too!? :bananayes:

Ayiu
11-01-2012, 01:57 PM
You could try to contact them and let them know of the issue, they may rectify it by sending you the correct game (only) and also let you keep the incorrect game they sent to you?! I'd just let them know exactly what's happened and they may come to a conclusion in your favour without losing anything?!?

They've made errors in my order once before and they kindly fixed it up plus also sent me a bonus as well! ^_^ It could happen to you too!? :bananayes:

but even if they send me just a new game I would have to pay taxes on it. But will message them anyway...let's see how everything turns out :wave:

Neilikki
11-01-2012, 02:17 PM
I can explain the extra value. Items that aren't marked as gifts (none of their shipments are gift-marked) are charged for the value of the item ($99.99) PLUS shipping. We didn't pay shipping, sure... but THEY obviously did. So we are still subject to those shipping costs :( xx

What? Damn, this is bullshit.

blueherring
11-01-2012, 10:48 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/02/2u5e8emu.jpg
I guess I can't complain too much, received my copy in the office from UPS on release day the 31st and didn't have to pay any taxes, got the right version and only damage was the envelope as pictured, have sent to Ubi to see if they can send a replacement envelope being the fussy collector I am :p went to the midnight launch on the 30th too to pick up my freedom edition here in Aus.
Only thing I really want now is the pewter figures that came as pre order bonus here in Aus but I couldn't buy a third edition of the game... Hoping to buy them from someone :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueherring
11-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Sweet just bought the pewter figurines off someone on eBay, 1 set listed and wasn't too bad of a price. Happy now :) no more buying AC3 stuff... Although the posters from ubiworkshop are tempting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamcazman
11-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Sweet just bought the pewter figurines off someone on eBay, 1 set listed and wasn't too bad of a price. Happy now :) no more buying AC3 stuff... Although the posters from ubiworkshop are tempting...

Got the same email. If they offered free postage I might bite, but another $23 on top of the $40 is a bit much. :facepalm:

blueherring
11-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Got the same email. If they offered free postage I might bite, but another $23 on top of the $40 is a bit much. :facepalm:

$23 postage :swoon:
yeah definitely too much, I'm in your boat i would consider if wasn't for the postage...

Romeo
11-02-2012, 12:49 AM
yeah definitely too much, I'm in your boat i would consider if wasn't for the postage...

I don't care where you live in the world, $23 postage is pure fraud. I ship up to 4lbs halfway around the world, in a box, for that or less.

Matrix6
11-02-2012, 02:30 AM
Most publisher sites overcharge for shipping from their own online store. Rockstar is bad, but Capcom are a little better.

Letrico
11-02-2012, 02:33 AM
unfortunately they use some stupid "API" file from the postage company to calculate the International Postage price. If I were to blame, first I would blame the postage company providing fail file, then if the file have no problem, I will blame the company for using the file wrongly or intentionally charge 5x of normal postage price

Dreamcazman
11-02-2012, 03:17 AM

Shit, sorry my bad, typo. It's actually $32, not $23 and that's just for shitty standard post.

If you want UPS, it's $73.11! :wtf:

Romeo
11-02-2012, 06:42 AM
Does anyone have photos of the lithos that came with this set or is everyone like me, afraid to open the sealed envelope? I ordered the limited poster set and just now found out they're just the lithos blown up...

Xmo
11-02-2012, 06:53 AM
I don't even know how ubisoft makes money for the free shipping worldwide, because it cost $270 to send a 3 pound package to Czech Republic for an example via UPS

MortalMonday
11-02-2012, 06:55 AM
Does anyone have photos of the lithos that came with this set or is everyone like me, afraid to open the sealed envelope? I ordered the limited poster set and just now found out they're just the lithos blown up...

The poster set that you just bought indeed use the exact same images as the mini lithos found in the Ubiworkshop edition of the game. They're exactly the same. I'm passing on the poster set. I don't think they're very nice anyway. They don't really display well.

Matrix6
11-02-2012, 06:57 AM

Supposedly, there's 5 prints included in the Ubiworkshop Edition, but only four posters. Anyone dare to open their envelope copy? :nea:
Presumably, the posters are blown up versions of the prints bar one. :swoon:
http://www.ubiworkshop.com/2012/10/05/assassins-creed-iii-ubiworkshop-edtion/

The Desmond Miles file includes:

5 extremely rare prints in a confidential envelope

Dr_Jengo
11-02-2012, 08:18 AM
I did open my envelope..

http://jveronworld.blogspot.sg/2012/10/first-of-ac3-editions.html

Yup the posters are just blown up versions of the ones included in the Ubiworkshop Edition..

Xmo
11-03-2012, 01:12 AM
Did some detailed unboxing for you guys from the box and encyclopedia. Sorry for missing the smaller lithographs. Would like to keep it sealed. Enjoy

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/xmodmodifier/IMG_0288.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/xmodmodifier/IMG_0289.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/xmodmodifier/IMG_0290-1.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/xmodmodifier/IMG_0291.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/xmodmodifier/IMG_0294.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/xmodmodifier/IMG_0296.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/xmodmodifier/IMG_0299.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/xmodmodifier/IMG_0301.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/xmodmodifier/IMG_0304.jpg
Here is the cartes blanche lowly was talking about http://s600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/xmodmodifier/?action=view&current=MVI_0302.mp4

LowlyAssassin
11-03-2012, 05:44 PM
You what what fits perfectly into the Desmond miles file

The Desmond
Aquilus
Accipiter and hawk comic books along with the new encyclopedia
With no room for subject 4
As if they where made for it
So that's what I did

LowlyAssassin
11-03-2012, 06:48 PM
So my UbiWorkshop edition is sort of delayed
Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday, 11/08/2012, By End of Day
Nice 8 days late
And there's word of a new set of lithographs for delayed orders over on UbiWorkshop forums so I'll let you guys know

vhal_x
11-03-2012, 06:54 PM
I don't know when mine will turn up :shrug: I emailed them again, to say that the tracking info has updated again, and that the shipping address has changed to their address, so it's obviously being returned to sender. Asked them to explain what's happening, since I've been told sweet F.A only for them to reply and say "we're sending out a replacement as the first one was for the wrong format due to a glitch, it should be with you soon".

I asked for my new tracking number "sorry, we don't have one"

WTF. :suicide: xx

LowlyAssassin
11-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Damn that's not good
Well you should probably get yours same time as mine then vhal

vhal_x
11-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Hopefully :) Just not looking forward to the customs fees :haha: xx

LowlyAssassin
11-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Mine was only 17.45 total

vhal_x
11-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Ah, not bad :) Hopefully mine should be the same then :) xx

Romeo
11-03-2012, 10:36 PM
So my UbiWorkshop edition is sort of delayed
Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday, 11/08/2012, By End of Day
Nice 8 days late
And there's word of a new set of lithographs for delayed orders over on UbiWorkshop forums so I'll let you guys know

UWS is on my shitlist. They refuse to refund 15% due to my delayed order caused by the weather. Yet now people could order it new for $85 when I paid $100 a month ago. I told them I'll just refuse it and reorder to which they "go ahead we still won't refund you".

If these extra lithos are true, I better receive them... :hammer:

LowlyAssassin
11-03-2012, 10:50 PM
UWS is on my shitlist. They refuse to refund 15% due to my delayed order caused by the weather. Yet now people could order it new for $85 when I paid $100 a month ago. I told them I'll just refuse it and reorder to which they "go ahead we still won't refund you".

If these extra lithos are true, I better receive them... :hammer:

Don't be too harsh on them there's only 7 of em

Redmagster
11-03-2012, 10:56 PM
I have two on order...

One doesn't exist as the order was partly refunded so they now have it marked refunded and no-one's telling me nothing...

The other was dispatched but the trail has gone cold... I have 6 private detectives out looking for it but nothing yet though they claim to have seen a group of balaclavaed UPS delivery guys lifting UWS editions anywhere they can find them...

LowlyAssassin
11-03-2012, 11:08 PM
How do you get a partial refund? And why would they do that

Twisted
11-04-2012, 01:34 AM
i've had bs problems like this with games...my credit card company always came through for me..sometimes with just my word over the phone..and processed an instant refund..so if you charged by card..give them a ring..and see if they can give back your money..if you don't want it anymore..or got lost in transit..or it's banged up from shipping.

Dr_Jengo
11-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Guys need some help. Anyone here has the subject 4 novel from the UWS edition as well as the The Fall deluxe edition. The deluxe edition is stated to have 10 pages of prologue.

Are these 10 pages in the subject 4 novel as well?

LowlyAssassin
11-04-2012, 02:40 AM
Yes they are

Dr_Jengo
11-04-2012, 04:33 AM
Cool, thanks for the info Master Assassin ;)

nipperkipper
11-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Ubisoft are really starting to piss me off. I still havent received either the workshop edition or the freedom edition and my replacements havent even been dispatched yet. The ubistore phone staff are useless, they keep saying they dont know whats going on and the ubiworkshop staff keep sending me a standard generic email . They have sent the same email, word for word three times saying we are working on a 'technical issue'

Awful, awful service, people will probably end up getting the PC versions of AC3 before i get my stuff

vhal_x
11-05-2012, 04:09 PM
I've still not received my UWS edition either nipper, plus they don't seem to have a replacement tracking number for me :( xx

mosavon
11-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Yeah, they suck...UPS left my Connar figure with the next door neighbour (at the time we thought the house was still unoccupied) so there was some WTF going on.

I contacted Ubishop after i got no success knocking the door, they told me they would investigate and get back to me (I'm still waiting for the verdict)

Turns out there are people now living next door (stealth move in) so i got the package from them after 2 days, but for all Ubishop know i'm still waiting.

Xmo
11-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Yeah, they suck...UPS left my Connar figure with the next door neighbour (at the time we thought the house was still unoccupied) so there was some WTF going on.

I contacted Ubishop after i got no success knocking the door, they told me they would investigate and get back to me (I'm still waiting for the verdict)

Turns out there are people now living next door (stealth move in) so i got the package from them after 2 days, but for all Ubishop know i'm still waiting.

Is that the postal system in UK? just leave the package to neighbors if no one's home...

vhal_x
11-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Postal service here also has it's moments where all of the following are acceptable methods of package delivery:

- Tossing over fences.
- Leaving on doorstep.
- Leaving with a neighbour (a few streets away :S)
- Leaving in the rubbish bin.
- Hiding in a tree.

etc. And yes, I have experience ALL of the above >.< xx

NaughtyDogJames
11-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Leaving in shed is another one.

mosavon
11-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Pretty much Xmo, or they take it back to your local depot for collection 24 hours later, even then i've seen poor people being told they cant find there parcel...i dread that happening to me especially if its somebody else's stuff.

Touchwood, not happened to me yet.

EDIT : LOL Vhal TRUE STORY : i came home one day with my mum, she went into my front door first, she took a tumble i was like get up WTF are you doing down there, she's like i tripped, tripped on what? i could see my door mat looking all abnormal so i look underneath, i find a dark souls hardback guide left by Hermes tucked under there :D

Redmagster
11-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Leaving in shed is another one.

And usually it's not your own...

LowlyAssassin
11-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Postal service here also has it's moments where all of the following are acceptable methods of package delivery:

- Tossing over fences.
- Leaving on doorstep.
- Hiding in a tree.

Leaving in rubbish bin is my favourite
I was like WTF how do you know it wasn't bin day

But all of the above are now against royal mail policy
And they had a crack down in my area about 8-12 months ago so it does not happen round these parts anymore
Damn gotta get me a postal lock box outside for parcels

ingmar1988
11-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Im glad i have the same mailman most of the time, since i get so many packages he got to know me, even when package was adressed at wrong house number he delivered it to me :)
We also agree on a spot (small basket that can close) to put package when im not at home.

The first time a mailman did something in that basket i didnt know (he didnt put note in my mailbox that he put it there), so i thought package was lost and my mom found it by accident 2 weeks later lol.

mosavon
11-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Years ago when i had a Littlewoods Catalogue they had a habit of leaving the packages in the front garden, i lived opposite a busy Pub...so i had lots of fun looking around my garden on delivery day (often they were not there, i wonder why)

I guess this counts as "tossing over fence"

So i've had...

- Left in Garden (Front & Back)
- Left under Door Mat (Also on top Yellow Pages Style!!!)
- Left at Neighbours (sometimes ones i hate)
- Left in Garage (Never owned one, but that's what they wrote on the card)

Think that's about as bad as i've had it.

Cosmic_Link
11-06-2012, 12:16 AM
A favourite delivery method of a certain courier service, who shall remain nameless, is to leave the parcel in the communal car park, down the drive by our house, in the numbered parking space for our house, behind my dad's car... -_- It's alright, only everybody can go into that car park, so it should be fine... -_- Fucking retards... >.<

mosavon
11-06-2012, 12:21 AM
lol Cosmic, that's pretty ridiculous we should make a dedicated thread about this or maybe there is one?

Also lol'd @ in the tree :)

Twisted
11-06-2012, 12:53 AM
i received my aciii ubiworkshop edition today and the box is beat up and ripped..i'm mad and i'm gonna demand at least a replacement box if not my money back!

mosavon
11-06-2012, 12:56 AM
That sucks, but seem to be seeing quite a few beat up copies of this, glad this was one that didn't tempt me.

Twisted
11-06-2012, 05:03 AM
the box they made for it..is barely holding the weight of the contents inside..it is a flimsy box for sure...i see it disentigrating on it's own over a short life span..just becuz it's soo chintzy quality wise.

Matrix6
11-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Amazon.US Encyclopedia Edition.....
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61CPtivPqvL.jpg

Just a bundle pack as suspected without any special boxing :S

- Tossing over fences.
- Leaving on doorstep.
- Hiding in a tree.

Anyone ever had a parcel left at your ex's apartment on top of a tall boy second drawer who lives a few suburbs away? :D

vhal_x
11-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Still haven't received my UWS edition. Anybody else? xx

Redmagster
11-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Still haven't received my UWS edition. Anybody else? xx

Nope... no sign of it... :( Have you had the art books through yet? x

ingmar1988
11-07-2012, 03:36 PM
art books are still not send out, as far as i know (my order still processing i believe).

vhal_x
11-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Nope :( Artbooks still showing as processing. The CS did say that they were going to start shipping either yesterday or Monday, so hopefully soon, eh :shrug: :haha: xx

Redmagster
11-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Nope :( Artbooks still showing as processing. The CS did say that they were going to start shipping either yesterday or Monday, so hopefully soon, eh :shrug: :haha: xx

Mine still shows as processing too... :shrug:

tonybsg
11-07-2012, 03:47 PM
I haven't received mine either, nor a tracking code. Yesterday poor Jean Daniel said that the new shipment will be delivered within a week.

vhal_x
11-07-2012, 03:53 PM
They told me on Monday that I'd receive something "tomorrow", which was yesterday. Not sure if they meant my new tracking number, or the actual edition, but never received anything >.<

Although I did get confirmation from them that they will do something to compensate all of us who still haven't received any of our orders :) xx

nipperkipper
11-07-2012, 04:04 PM
They told me on Monday that I'd receive something "tomorrow", which was yesterday. Not sure if they meant my new tracking number, or the actual edition, but never received anything >.<

Although I did get confirmation from them that they will do something to compensate all of us who still haven't received any of our orders :) xx

Do i get something extra special for not getting either the freedom edition or ubiworkshop edition?

Maybe a one off custom made tomahawk :beg:

LowlyAssassin
11-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Well my second turned up today
Damaged again
Will be returning one for a refund and one for a replacement
Me thinks

vhal_x
11-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Still not received mine >.< xx

LowlyAssassin
11-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Well you get some sort of bonus
Like 10% off your next order lol
I'll message them with my concerns and see what they say

Matrix6
11-08-2012, 01:20 PM
When I first saw the concept pics of what the package looked like, I really thought that the box would be way too weak to sustain such heavy contents. I'm sure most of us here suspected that damage to the packaging during transit had a high probability!?

LowlyAssassin
11-08-2012, 01:37 PM
I expect there to be some sort f packaging to secure it inside the product during delivery

vhal_x
11-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Any other UKers who still haven't received their UWS edition? :( xx

tonybsg
11-14-2012, 01:27 AM
So, after the last days radio silence from Ubiworkshop, I had an automatic update on my order. The order number is the same, as it seems they indeed reshipped them today.

My order status updated, with a tracking number as well. It's still in Canada with estimate arrival date next week (20/11). Let's see how this goes...

ZeeAussie
11-14-2012, 01:35 AM
Mine arrived today and I do agree with other people's post in regards to the outer box, it's quite cheap and thin to contain some heavy contents.

Just to add the invoice that was inclosed was to someone to colombia :lol: even though it was addressed to me.

vhal_x
11-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Updated tracking number here too, set to arrive next week also. Here's hoping it ACTUALLY gets here this time -sigh- xx

asiak75
11-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Idem for me got a new Tracking number and it is supposed to arrive next Monday...

asiak75
11-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Talking about packaging (bit out of main topic) does anyone else received their Assassins Creed Limited Art Book edition by Forbidden Planet?...BEST Packaging I honestly ever received...it was wrapped in 3 different layers of card board including a bubble envelope and the actual protection sleeve of the boo itself, so total 5 layers..spotless!!!

vhal_x
11-14-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm still waiting on my limited art book. Getting it from Ubistore though, they should be shipping this week.

Tbh, no wonder FP packaged it so well, they're charging double the price for it :S xx

ingmar1988
11-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Talking about packaging (bit out of main topic) does anyone else received their Assassins Creed Limited Art Book edition by Forbidden Planet?...BEST Packaging I honestly ever received...it was wrapped in 3 different layers of card board including a bubble envelope and the actual protection sleeve of the boo itself, so total 5 layers..spotless!!!

could you make pics of item, thanks.

Platfus
11-14-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm still waiting for limited artbook too, but not from ubishop, but from lowlyassassin :)

Sent from my lilyPad using Tapatalk

asiak75
11-14-2012, 02:31 PM
could you make pics of item, thanks.

Would need to be today evening, but I shall try to get this sorted either on here or on my flickr account. I will keep you updated.

Xmo
11-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Well my second turned up today
Damaged again
Will be returning one for a refund and one for a replacement
Me thinks

Lol keep it up until you get one in perfect condition, we all deserve a perfect ce. I suggest ask for an express shipping for the troubles...

Cosmic_Link
11-14-2012, 02:52 PM

WTF!? >.< That's bollocks man! Why have FP got it already to send out and Ubishop are still keeping their customers waiting? What a load of crap... -_-

Anyway, that's awesome that you got your's and it's nice that Forbidden Planet have packaged it properly. :D not expecting too much in the way of packaging from Ubishop... -_- We'll see though...

Look forward to seeing pics! :D

asiak75
11-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Trust me I had a tear running down my cheek when I saw that packaging wonder...if that is their service in general they just won a customer...but get some pics up in the evening as promised...

asiak75
11-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Here you go, pics of the assassins creed 3 art book limited edition:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35368404@N04/8185503957/in/set-72157626794138308

LowlyAssassin
11-14-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm still waiting for limited artbook too, but not from ubishop, but from lowlyassassin :)

Sent from my lilyPad using Tapatalk

And both of mine are coming from uoshop :p

Platfus
11-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Yep :D Anyway, waiting for the tooth and the i will pack it together with AC Brotherhood. Did I said i will send u anything else or this is complete? Also with xzone items

Redmagster
11-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Here you go, pics of the assassins creed 3 art book limited edition:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35368404@N04/8185503957/in/set-72157626794138308

Surely that's not a proper limited edition actually numbered and everything?!? My faith is restored :)

Looks lovely :) :)

Going to be worth waiting for... depending on how long...

Maybe they'll send it to coincide with the release of ACIV... :nosleep:

LowlyAssassin
11-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Surely that's not a proper limited edition actually numbered and everything?!? My faith is restored :)

Looks lovely :) :)

Going to be worth waiting for... depending on how long...

Maybe they'll send it to coincide with the release of ACIV... :nosleep:

NOT numbered

Redmagster
11-14-2012, 11:08 PM
NOT numbered

No certificate of authentication?? Nothing???

mosavon
11-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Just says its limited to 500 on the book and 2 signed litho's, for 25 pound that's more than enough for me.

tonybsg
11-14-2012, 11:45 PM
So, does anyone actually received the limited artbook for 25 pounds from Ubistore?

mosavon
11-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Nobody here has as far as i know.

LowlyAssassin
11-15-2012, 12:05 AM
Also no
Or the art (r)evolution
But
http://acartrevolution.com/wp-content/gallery/bologna_archivio-videoludico/img_8547.jpg

Platfus
11-15-2012, 05:40 AM
mmm, that art (r)evolution is pretty cool :) i think i will buy one :)

Xmo
11-15-2012, 05:47 AM
whats the size of the (r)evolution artbook?

Redmagster
11-15-2012, 08:21 AM
So, does anyone actually received the limited artbook for 25 pounds from Ubistore?

Nope!.... :(

Redmagster
11-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Just says its limited to 500 on the book and 2 signed litho's, for 25 pound that's more than enough for me.

That's also good enough for me :) :thumb:

LowlyAssassin
11-15-2012, 01:49 PM
whats the size of the (r)evolution artbook?

Normal book sized?
Don't know that PIC is for the hardback to. The art gallery in Italy that is holding the ac art (R)evolution exibit

Xmo
11-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Should be softcover. To me it looks like the mini artbooks.

Redmagster
11-16-2012, 12:15 AM
Which of the 4 single player missions are in the UWS edition??

Platfus
11-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Little off topic, but may i have a question? Is there anything special in PsV Liberation bundle like in super slim w/ ac3?

Sent from my P350 Cyanogenmod 7 using Tapatalk

LowlyAssassin
11-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Which of the 4 single player missions are in the UWS edition??

I do not understand the question
All 4 Benedict Arnold missions are in ps3 version

Twisted
11-18-2012, 03:55 AM
i contacted ubiworkshop..about how i'm disatisfied about the box..how it's beat up and i
m not happy with it..they sent me some sort of canned response about the shirt being a wrong size?...my e-mail was very thorough and detailed...why on earth is he talking about a shirt?..when i'm talking about ps3 game

Matrix6
11-18-2012, 04:22 AM
i contacted ubiworkshop..about how i'm disatisfied about the box..how it's beat up and i
m not happy with it..they sent me some sort of canned response about the shirt being a wrong size?...my e-mail was very thorough and detailed...why on earth is he talking about a shirt?..when i'm talking about ps3 game

I found an easy exchange of conversation with the following employee about a matter I had earlier this year.
Try forwarding your concerns to the following person;

ubiworkshop <ubiworkshop@ubisoft.com>;
Jean-Daniel Page
Transmedia Production Assistant Coordinator
UbiWorkshop - Ubisoft Montreal

sirjoshd109
12-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Wow the funny thing is I just got this in the mail today can't wait to play it!

MortalMonday
01-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Looks like this thing finally sold out. The Ubiworkshop people told me that it will never be restocked, but I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Platfus
01-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Hmm, and I wanted it soo much :(