Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > SteelBook Collecting

Old 11-14-2013, 10:50 AM

Cosmic_Link's Flag is: England Birmingham
Default Forza 5 Limited Edition and Day One Editions

At the time of posting, both the day one edition and the Limited edition of Forza 5 state in their descriptions, on the GAME UK, website that they come with a steelbook. Both have different images on the product page and both are different prices. Make of it what you will.

Day One Edition

Spoiler!

Limited Edition/ Steelbook Edition

Spoiler!

Either these are 2 different editions, or GAME UK has fucked up their listings and listed the same product twice both with different prices.

Just thought people might like to know. ^o^
Looking to trade Kid Icarus AR Cards. Click here for what I need. UPDATED 14/04/2014

Click here for my intro thread.
For items available exclusively to the UK, see my thread for help with item forwarding.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:21 PM
DB Proprietor

Letrico's Flag is: Australia Melbourne
Default Re: Forza 5 Limited Edition and Day One Editions

Yeah there are 2 different edition. There is a standard Day One edition which includes day one car DLC which is essentially just a standard version of the game.

The other one is Limited Edition with steelbook which includes day one car DLC.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:29 PM

So the day One Edition doesn't come with a steelbook then? GAME UK suck. >.< Need to sort their listings out! >.<
Looking to trade Kid Icarus AR Cards. Click here for what I need. UPDATED 14/04/2014

For items available exclusively to the UK, see my thread for help with item forwarding.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:22 PM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

I read some crazy rumor on line that this game is incomplete at time of pressing, yet MS wanted this game out for launch at any cost....and you have to download a huge chunk of the game, wonder if it's true?
Old 11-14-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
I read some crazy rumor on line that this game is incomplete at time of pressing, yet MS wanted this game out for launch at any cost....and you have to download a huge chunk of the game, wonder if it's true?
Wouldn't surprise me if it was true. Most games that get released are unfinished. Can't remember the last time I bought a game that didn't have a day one update.

Time will tell if this is true. Not long til release now! ^^

Old 11-14-2013, 09:21 PM

SwiftDeath's Flag is: United States Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
You mean this?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...ails-clarified

Quote:
However, Turn 10's Dan Greenawalt told us today that being required to connect to Xbox Live before you can play is "not the plan." You just need to connect online eventually in order to complete the career mode.
Quote:
Connecting will also download new content ? but the vast majority of the launch content is contained on the disc.

"This download is simply additional cars and tracks. The gameplay is not blocked while downloading the additional content; it?s done in the background just like disc install."
So yes to complete Career mode you need to connect to the internet because the disc is missing content

January Update: Notebooks, Art, AC Items, Press Kits

Spoiler!