Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Additions and Corrections

Old 07-11-2014, 02:32 PM

Dreamcazman's Flag is: Australia Melbourne, Australia
Default Alien: Isolation Ripley Edition

Full Game Name: Alien: Isolation Ripley Edition
Edition Name:
Platform(s): PC, PS4, XB1, PS3, 360
Region(s): AUS
Publisher: SEGA
Release Date: 7th Oct 2014
Price (RRP): $89.95 & $109.95
Bar Code: (if known)
Package Description:
Content Description:
“Crew Expendable” DLC
Players can choose to play as one of three surviving crewmembers, only moments after Brett’s death at the jaws of the creature. As Ellen Ripley, Dallas or Parker, players can explore the Nostromo from habitation deck down through engineering, coordinating their efforts with Lambert and Ash to lure the Alien into the ship’s airlock.
“Last Survivor” DLC
Players pick up the story as Ripley tries to escape on the Narcissus. On hearing the screams of Lambert and Parker, players must navigate their way back down through the Nostromo in order to activate the self-destruct sequence, before retracing their steps back to the Narcissus shuttle and their escape.
Limited edition steel book
Mini Alien: Isolation art book.

Link(s) to source(s):
https://www.ebgames.com.au/any/any?q...specialedition
Other Info/Pics:

Old 07-11-2014, 03:04 PM

MadMan5's Flag is: UK Australia
Default Re: Alien: Isolation Ripley Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcazman View Post
Full Game Name: Alien: Isolation Ripley Edition
Edition Name:
Platform(s): PC, PS4, XB1, PS3, 360
Region(s): AUS
Publisher: SEGA
Release Date: 7th Oct 2014
Price (RRP): $89.95 & $109.95
Bar Code: (if known)
Package Description:
Content Description:
“Crew Expendable” DLC
Players can choose to play as one of three surviving crewmembers, only moments after Brett’s death at the jaws of the creature. As Ellen Ripley, Dallas or Parker, players can explore the Nostromo from habitation deck down through engineering, coordinating their efforts with Lambert and Ash to lure the Alien into the ship’s airlock.
“Last Survivor” DLC
Players pick up the story as Ripley tries to escape on the Narcissus. On hearing the screams of Lambert and Parker, players must navigate their way back down through the Nostromo in order to activate the self-destruct sequence, before retracing their steps back to the Narcissus shuttle and their escape.
Limited edition steel book
Mini Alien: Isolation art book.

Link(s) to source(s):
https://www.ebgames.com.au/any/any?q...specialedition
Other Info/Pics:
If this was a third person game I would get the point of the DLC's, just me. There are just so many games coming September to November something has to give. Well, best of luck to them with this game I think I will just watch gameplay on youTube.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:41 PM

StayFree( ' 3')'s Flag is: United States OC, Cali

This game is so damn fun, never before have I played a game where the AI was so damn unpredictable. Easy day one purchase for me.

Can finally put the disaster that was colonial marines behind us...

Old 07-12-2014, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayFree( ' 3') View Post
This game is so damn fun, never before have I played a game where the AI was so damn unpredictable. Easy day one purchase for me.

So you played the game if so when and where? As most would luv to have the same feeling about the game but with slim info on the game it's a hard one to feel the luv for.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2014, 08:35 AM

headhot's Flag is: Czech Republic Brno

i found one preorder bonus from czech store gameleader. Special Alien Thematic Case
http://www.gameleader.cz/ps4-playsta...o-edition.html
available for pc,ps3,ps4,xbox,xone

Old 07-12-2014, 09:10 AM

rapister's Flag is: Singapore

Quote:

you were not being sarcastic right? you meant that an unpredictable AI is a good thing, right?

sorry but i have not put behind the horror of the previous Alien games.... LOL

"Nothing is missed, everything is pre-ordered." .................. -Collectors' Creed
WANT : Any Lollipop Chainsaw items
Old 07-12-2014, 09:11 AM

rapister's Flag is: Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan5 View Post
So you played the game if so when and where? As most would luv to have the same feeling about the game but with slim info on the game it's a hard one to feel the luv for.

E3........? lucky....

"Nothing is missed, everything is pre-ordered." .................. -Collectors' Creed
WANT : Any Lollipop Chainsaw items
Old 07-12-2014, 04:02 PM

StayFree( ' 3')'s Flag is: United States OC, Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapister View Post
you were not being sarcastic right? you meant that an unpredictable AI is a good thing, right?

sorry but i have not put behind the horror of the previous Alien games.... LOL
Oh yeah, completely serious. The seven times I played the demo I died every single time...which for a horror game isn't a bad thing at all. The issue for me was that I had these old preconceived notions of how video game enemy AI worked.

To give you an example, I learned fairly quickly that the Alien in the game has absolutely no patterns to what it does. This extends to how he gets into rooms, searches areas, and how it just reacts to it's environment. I'm used to horror games (resident evil, outlast, amnesia, etc.) that abide by a certain rule set whether that's the enemies only checking lockers you're not hiding in or stop following you once you reach a certain checkpoint. In Isolation once I got a few rooms past the Alien I thought it was safe to go full sprint only to hear the scream of the alien behind me followed by being chased to my death.

You also quickly learn that weapons are completely useless in this game as the first thing you pick up is the classic Aliens flamethrower that gave me a false sense of protection. You then find out later on that the time that it takes to aim the thing you're already dead.

The demo didn't even touch on the crew interaction that's said to be a key part of the game. From what I've been told I'm hoping the human interaction is comparable to certain movies like "The Thing".

In short...Day 1 purchase for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapister View Post
E3........? lucky....
...perhaps.

Last edited by StayFree( ' 3'); 07-12-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:33 PM

AlexRNd's Flag is: Russian Federation

Quote:
Oh yeah, completely serious. The seven times I played the demo I died every single time...which for a horror game isn't a bad thing at all. The issue for me was that I had these old preconceived notions of how video game enemy AI worked.

To give you an example, I learned fairly quickly that the Alien in the game has absolutely no patterns to what it does. This extends to how he gets into rooms, searches areas, and how it just reacts to it's environment. I'm used to horror games (resident evil, outlast, amnesia, etc.) that abide by a certain rule set whether that's the enemies only checking lockers you're not hiding in or stop following you once you reach a certain checkpoint. In Isolation once I got a few rooms past the Alien I thought it was safe to go full sprint only to hear the scream of the alien behind me followed by being chased to my death.

You also quickly learn that weapons are completely useless in this game as the first thing you pick up is the classic Aliens flamethrower that gave me a false sense of protection. You then find out later on that the time that it takes to aim the thing you're already dead.

The demo didn't even touch on the crew interaction that's said to be a key part of the game. From what I've been told I'm hoping the human interaction is comparable to certain movies like "The Thing".

...perhaps.
i read few previews and opinions.. and honestly thought that game will be pretty meh. but that what you saying here.. sounds awesome.. well, maybe even too good to be true, but you put the hope, sold me this game right now
i hope there will be good psychological aspect in crew interaction...
anyone remember the Thing game? there was such a great system with companions. They can go crazy and kill you if see some not appropriate actions from you

Last edited by AlexRNd; 07-12-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:50 AM

Quote:

...perhaps.
Like AlexRNd said you just gave this game a lot more luv than it did a day ago. As you have played the game and given you point what others will get is this game is fucking hard which to me is what is needed in games today.

With most ''Gamers" today bitch about there are no games to play, what I see is most of them just watch some geezer play and then follow what they did and say they have beaten the said game, Nothing wrong in a little help if you get stuck.

So with what you say no matter how you come at this game you have to play this game for ''yourself'' very interesting.

Now if the geezers that are developing the game just get that across in the marketing they will find that they will get a little more luv for the game.

As the dlc's are going to be released later I will get this at another time but I think you just made those who are getting the game dayOne feel a little better.